AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 04:05   Link #1
MasterVampire

Question Should I watch Gantz?

I know Gantz is really bloody with heaps of violence and gore but that doesn't bother me.

What I've read in reviews is that it doesn't have much of an ending and alot of stuff is unexplained....

Im just wondering is it still worth watching even though it may be not satisfying in that regard?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 04:23   Link #2
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
If you are interested try then. I personally enjoyed the anime, though the story deviates from the manga towards the end I found it quite good.
Different people have different tastes so no one can guarantee if you are going to like it. You won't know unless you watch it
Old 2012-05-06, 04:26   Link #3
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
You could at least try an episode or two. I have watch many anime and dropped them after watching 1-3 episodes. It wouldn't hurt unless your don't really like horrors or blood.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 06:48   Link #4
MasterVampire

Yeah Im just wondering if the payoff will be worth watching the whole series since apparently stuff is left not explained.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 06:52   Link #5
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Yeah Im just wondering if the payoff will be worth watching the whole series since apparently stuff is left not explained.
Oh, I assumed you've read some spoilers? Well, if that the case. It depends on you then. I do read reviews myself and it saved me a lot ( from future regrets). Think it over.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 10:11   Link #6
Anime-fan10

I enjoyed the anime, but I understand what you're saying about the manga vs anime. I recommend that you watch it b/c I thought it was good overall and there's a lot of action, gore, some ecchi, and psychological aspects to it. If you like those genres, then try it out.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 10:51   Link #7
word sux

you might like it if you don't read the manga

if you read the manga you will hate the ending (if you can call it that) and how it was slapped together and I hate the way they interpreted the characters in the anime.

the manga is still on going and is pretty crazy, the anime only really scratches the surface of the manga..
Old 2012-05-06, 14:48   Link #8
Practical joke
...completely lost it...

If you are going to watch Gantz, make sure you see both seasons.
Gantz
Gantz 2nd stage ( this season explains a lot more and has somewhat of an ending)

storyline based it's mediocre, but if you like the violence and tons of blood, it's worth watching. Especially if you can finish 2nd stage as well.
Practical joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 09:17   Link #9
Echoes

It's a viscerally satisfying show with gruesome gore, solid action and a lot of sexual content. The characters are sort of flat, but that's part of the fun. Don't expect a masterpiece, expect a bloody good time.

There are flashes of genuine drama and tension in there as well. The ending is nothing to write home about, but manga readers will likely be more upset over that than I was. The ending doesn't really explain any of the core mystery though, so if you need everything neatly wrapped up for it to be worth your time, you might want to skip Gantz.