AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-08, 14:23   Link #8821
Soji

Xiammes@ I mean that the scene you link here was the start. Saten start to act like this after he (saten) let Eve bring Cruz back to life.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 14:27   Link #8822
Xiammes

Of course he did, it was obvious, just like it was obvious he helped them out by kicking Kurumi to Blade. Saten really shouldn't be showing any concern over Cruz life, but he does many times throughout the chapters.
Old 2012-05-08, 14:37   Link #8823
Soji

Xiammes@ He start when he see how yamada find out about Kurumi and the whole plan. After that he let Aruka take the chip and wound Yamada. Then let Blade past him to help yamada before that Aruka finish what she start(mean kill him).Then he keep eve busy until yamada heart stop and let her heal him/bring him back to life. The worry face from him was after Eve bring cruz back to life. People here (myself as well) think that Saten do this to make Yamada gain a boost of Eden seed .
Old 2012-05-08, 14:45   Link #8824
Xiammes

I don't think it was elaborate enough to wait till his heart stopped, remember they were being monitored and he had to cover his tracks. He couldn't simply just let Eve go right away after hurting Cruz, he had to make it look as legit as possible. Also I don't think they were relying on Edan seed, I believe it was more of a shock factor to make Cruz awaken faster. Saten wouldn't let Blade or Eve near Cruz till after Arca had done damage

Arca second attempt at his life took even Saten by surprise, though its unlikely that she was trying to kill him, just trying to A) Cover her tracks, B) Second attempt to awaken him. Also Arca blames Saten right away for her loss to Blade, even though she was in the room when Cruz exposed his power. Another attempt to cover her tracks, making it seem they weren't working together.

All and all, Saten and Arca are some tricky bastards.
Old 2012-05-08, 14:49   Link #8825
Soji

Xiammes @ I think he took the chance. If you read carefully he wait that Disk say*yamada's heart has stopped*. Then we know what happen. Also after Eve finish to heal him and the other and Saten come back. The first thing he look was Yamada.(after his heart began to beat again). But i do agree with you that Saten was pissed to Aruka second attempt to kill Yamada.
Old 2012-05-08, 14:55   Link #8826
Xiammes

Personally I don't believe Eve even had a stigmata/edan seed at the time other then the normal amount for Needless, remember just having edan seed grants some pretty crazy regeneration that shouldn't be possible for normal doppleganger

The "Cruz heart has stopped", was most likely the flag to set off Saten to allow Eve to heal him.
Old 2012-05-09, 09:31   Link #8827
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Spoiler for Saten Anime:
Old 2012-05-09, 12:47   Link #8828
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Spoiler for Saten Anime:
I don't want to sound like an apologist but the anime did pretty well given the fact they didn't know everything and that they were forced to end the anime at 24 episodes rather than continuing with the manga (the anime failed commercially in terms of popularity/sales).

They did a great job of finding all the loose ends, tying them together as best they could, and create an ending that was new and interesting. It wasn't the best ending imaginable and there were numerous unanswered questions but they really didn't have the time to create their own wrong answers for everything and then make up an ending on top of it, too. Yeah, there were faults with it but given their situation, I think they handled it alright.

Although I do admit the biggest regret is not managing the series better so we could've seen the Cruz and Mio adventure arc and St. Rose!! I think we can all agree on that.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:54   Link #8829
Xiammes

Some OVA's would be nice, 3 episodes to cover each major arc and I would be happy. To bad it will never happen. At least we got an awesome OST from the anime.
Old 2012-05-11, 16:05   Link #8830
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I have discovered saten's secret... he is

Spoiler for Saten:

on a serious note i think he's definately related to cruz in some way... perhaps cruz and arca knew him as children or something.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 16:25   Link #8831
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post

Spoiler for Saten:

Joke or not, judging by the insane personalities everyone has...it wouldn't surprise me if this were true.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 00:41   Link #8832
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
(the anime failed commercially in terms of popularity/sales).
Though the fansubs of the anime were, IMO, the reason for the manga scanlations to pick up. I remember before it was a pain to find anything other than some raws floating about and the first few chapters, but post-anime there just seemed to be so much more awareness.

You can currently stream Needless on Netflix right now too.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 02:59   Link #8833
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Though the fansubs of the anime were, IMO, the reason for the manga scanlations to pick up. I remember before it was a pain to find anything other than some raws floating about and the first few chapters, but post-anime there just seemed to be so much more awareness.

You can currently stream Needless on Netflix right now too.
Oh yeah, no doubt the fansubs and anime helped revive popularity in the manga and the franchise in general. If it weren't for the anime/fansubs, I never would've gotten into the manga and many others would not have either. And then with more popularity, then the raws started picking up and eventually scanlations groups formed. In that sense, the anime wasn't a failure.

But going back to the commercial side of it, I believe the DVD/BDs sold roughly only ~500 copies per volume which is a horrifying low number. The typical line many fans look to is around 3,000, so you can see how big of a miss it was here. Doesn't help that it was also Madhouse's worst team working on it, too. Then again, it was never meant to be a commercial success given the amount of funds it had going into it and the amount of advertising and merchandise, so maybe failure it a bit harsh and disappointment is a better word.

As for the stream on Netflix... I'll pass. The only one who I thought did well was Eve's English voice. Cruz's English voice makes me want to slam my head into anything blunt or sharp repeatedly and Disk's English always sounded woefully bored. And the way they pronounced the Japanese character's names... ugh. I hope people aren't as elitist as I am and can enjoy the dub, but I just can't.
Old 2012-05-12, 04:26   Link #8834
Xiammes

I love the dub, Andrew Love did an amazing job as Blade and really stole the show and made up for the other mediocre actors. At least Cruz wasn't voiced by Haberkorn, I wish I could that fucker, ruining any dub he plays in. Cruz VA does a good job when she is play a girl and not a male. Not gonna lie, I found Needless on netflix last year, finally had a job and paid for Netflix to watch some movies, ended up getting back into anime big time.

Last edited by Xiammes; 2012-05-12 at 04:55.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 12:26   Link #8835
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post

Spoiler for Saten:
You're confusing him with Disk.
Old 2012-05-12, 14:33   Link #8836
Diveman

I started reading this manga again, I didnt realize there were so many new chs, which one is the latest one? 101?
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 17:34   Link #8837
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
I started reading this manga again, I didnt realize there were so many new chs, which one is the latest one? 101?
Yup, if you're at 101, you're current. Chapter 102 will be released next Saturday, May 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
I love the dub, Andrew Love did an amazing job as Blade and really stole the show and made up for the other mediocre actors. At least Cruz wasn't voiced by Haberkorn, I wish I could that fucker, ruining any dub he plays in. Cruz VA does a good job when she is play a girl and not a male. Not gonna lie, I found Needless on netflix last year, finally had a job and paid for Netflix to watch some movies, ended up getting back into anime big time.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the English dub and became a fan of the franchise from it. You're a much better person than I am. Also, yeah, I did enjoy Blade's English voice (forgot about him) and most of the cast was good to decent but just a few of those voices pretty much turned me off of it.

I'm actually kinda curious how it's performed in the NA market compared to the JP market. Hope there's enough going back to Imai Kami to fill his pockets.
Old 2012-05-12, 22:07   Link #8838
Robotech Master

Well, even though I watched the fansubs, I bought the whole series domestically. The DVD's have subbed as well, and all of the Omake's on them.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:17   Link #8839
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Well, even though I watched the fansubs, I bought the whole series domestically. The DVD's have subbed as well, and all of the Omake's on them.
Yeah lol... Despite my impressions of the dubs, I have all the domestics, too.
Old 2012-05-13, 18:57   Link #8840
Xiammes

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the English dub and became a fan of the franchise from it. You're a much better person than I am. Also, yeah, I did enjoy Blade's English voice (forgot about him) and most of the cast was good to decent but just a few of those voices pretty much turned me off of it.
I picked out Needless pretty much at random, I had just gotten my nostalgia fill from Trigun, GiTS, FMA, FLCL and started picking out random shows. Needless happened to be on recommendations and pretty much hooked after the first episode and marathon it. Showed it to my friends and they marathon it too. The dub wasn't perfect, but it was far above average.

Plan on buying the bluerays and that Eve figure when my tax refund comes in.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen