AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-22, 09:56   Link #201
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
Luffy most likely is incarnation of Gold Roger himself! He wanted to incarnate back to earth close to hes own son Ace. Hower the question is, had he ever met Blackbeared in another life? Roger most likely was a frequient Haki User, who wanted to play "physical" And thats what Luffy does...he plays physical Guess the Haki too is somehow connected to how he uses hes Gomu Gomu no powers. Hower Blackbeareds Haki will also grow along the away, and he is even more crazier then Luffy It's possible that ever Roger noticed it during hes voyages.


There obviously is no such thing as "One Piece" Hower knowing how traditional anime goes, Luffy and Blackbeared will eventually end teaming up battling even a much more impressive foe. Both are eternal dreamers, tough Luffy is pretty much still at the mental state of a little child, and Blackbeared...well him too, but hes just an EVIL CHILD


Perhaps they will be fighting against of the other "Four Emperors" or the "Eternal Nightmare" itself!
and I'm a monkeys uncle
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 10:24   Link #202
Kaizokugami
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Over there >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
Gold Roger says he left it all in "One Piece" or "that place" depending on the translation. Friendship and Adventure! What Luffy values the most in the world! That is "One Piece"


And yes" Technicly Blackbeared killed Ace, since he handet him over to the marines knowing very well he would be executed. Blackbeared in general is a murderer, but in my book that does technicly not make him "evil" He kils for a cause. Hes simply willing to take the "Adventure" a little bit furder then Roger ever would. To literally KILL for hes dreams! If pushed to the corner im pretty sure Luffy would do the same(basicly beat anyone to death if he would stand in the way of hes dreams)It's just that Oda has never pushed Luffy to that point since hes the "righteous hero"



P.S:In the episode 446 of the anime they actually came pretty close to that! If the "evil Blackbeared" hadn't showed up Luffy would have literally had no choice but to KILL Hannibal who stood between him and Ace! Im sure he would have done it with the fanatism he "took out" Lucci who was about to kill hes Namaka. So yes! I believe Luffi CANkill, it's just that he has never been pushed to that point(Lucci survived, but it was a close call) Blackbeared has, and thats what makes him "evil"
Luffy never kills his enemies, and I doubt he ever will. He rather crushes their dreams and leave them with nothing left, and he has strong belief in that. A lot of people has stood in the way of his dream, but he hasn't killed anyone for that. He's probably capable of doing it, but I don't think he will. Unless he toughens up a bit more.

And you're contradicting yourself in your post. Above you said Blackbeard being a murderer "technically doesn't make him evil" in your book yet at the end of your P.S you say that's what makes him evil. And if murdering tens of thousands of civilians for world dominance or bend the world to his will (i.e his dream) doesn't make him evil in your book, I suggest you write a new one.

Last edited by Kaizokugami; 2010-04-22 at 13:38.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:34   Link #203
Netevolution
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
Luffy never kills his enemies, and I doubt he ever will. He rather crushes their dreams and leave them with nothing left, and he has strong belief in that. A lot of people has stood in the way of his dream, but he hasn't killed anyone for that. He's probably capable of doing it, but I don't think he will. Unless he toughens up a bit more.

And you're contradicting yourself in your post. Above you said Blackbeard being a murderer "technically doesn't make him evil" in your book yet at the end of your P.S you say that's what makes him evil. And if murdering tens of thousands of civilians for world dominance or bend the world to his will (i.e his dream) doesn't make him evil in your book, I suggest you write a new one.

He has by this time only killed 1 person(the one he stole hes devil fruit from) Yes, he PLANNED on killing Luffy for 300-million berry, so that technicly shows, that he will kill for money.


If Blackbeared REALLY were evil he probobly would have killed Luffy the first time they met just for the hell of it. Hes just a "determined dreamer" Luffy has no real controll over hes Gomu Gomu no Powers in that sense that he'll know wheter hes victoms will recover or not after hes beaten them cold. It's just that ODA allows them to recover!


Anyway, i think that Blackbeared is also the son of Gold d Roger. He must have been born before Roger died. Geneticly it's pretty difficult to explain why hes so damn big, or why he has an "afro"
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:57   Link #204
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
He has by this time only killed 1 person(the one he stole hes devil fruit from) Yes, he PLANNED on killing Luffy for 300-million berry, so that technicly shows, that he will kill for money.
Incorrect. First off, he planned on killing Luffy for 100 mil, not 300 (that was later), and second he was going to kill Luffy for the prestige it would earn him, not the cash. He's willing to, and has repeatedly, killed for the sake of his plans, either directly or indirectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
If Blackbeared REALLY were evil he probobly would have killed Luffy the first time they met just for the hell of it. Hes just a "determined dreamer" Luffy has no real controll over hes Gomu Gomu no Powers in that sense that he'll know wheter hes victoms will recover or not after hes beaten them cold. It's just that ODA allows them to recover!
Fundamentally flawed reasoning. This shows a lack of understanding of Blackbeard's character. Blackbeard doesn't mindlessly kill people. He kills for a purpose. He didn't have a reason to kill Luffy until after their first meeting.

As for Luffy, to say he has no real control over his powers is patently absurd. He knows exactly how hard he hits people, and knows that these people will live through the strikes he hits them with. He beats them unconscious, not to death, because if he wanted them dead you could be damn sure they would be. He's killed animals before so he knows how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
Anyway, i think that Blackbeared is also the son of Gold d Roger. He must have been born before Roger died. Geneticly it's pretty difficult to explain why hes so damn big, or why he has an "afro"
*facepalm* It's One Piece, people are big. Whitebeard is a freaking giant of a man. Moira and Kuma are huge, too. Not even going to touch the afro thing.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 21:52   Link #205
Netevolution
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Not even going to touch the afro thing.

Rogers African love affair?
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 23:32   Link #206
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
Rogers African love affair?
Fine. An afro is a hairstyle. It sure as hell isn't genetic.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 08:40   Link #207
Kaizokugami
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Over there >.>
I think morbos just said everything I wanted to say in response to his quote of me. Kind of disappointing but saved me the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
Rogers African love affair?
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 09:58   Link #208
Netevolution
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
An afro is a hairstyle. It sure as hell isn't genetic.
lol
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 16:37   Link #209
gazawraith
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Luffy with facial hair? Whitebeard, Blackbeard, GolD Roger had a mighty tache.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:35   Link #210
shanatos
Cruel and Unusual
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Fine. An afro is a hairstyle. It sure as hell isn't genetic.
Technically it is. But yeah.
shanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 21:18   Link #211
Roseweave
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
How long do you think Luffy has left to live? Some people think he'll burn out and die young-ish like Gol D. whereas others think he will live to become the pirate equivalent of Garp. A lot of people see Luffy as having a live fast, die young kind of attitude and that finding One Piece would complete his character.

I'd like to think it's only the beginning

As we find out how Devil Fruits work, he might be able to offset the 10 years of his life that was taken. It was said they couldn't be gotten back in any way, but how did that even work in the first place? I can also see Luffy getting such a high level of control over his powers he's able to "stretch" his life span. Being a Rubberman he might have an extra long lifespan in the first place, his organs won't break down like a normal persons unless he overuses Gear Second without time to rest/eat.
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:00   Link #212
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Luffy has already shaved off decades of his life from all the hormones and exertion from Gear Second.

I'm sure he is going to risk his life even more in the hellish New World, so I think he will probably die young.

He may also catch the disease that crippled Roger, but it may be something that Chopper will eventually find the cure in his journey to become a great doctor.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 20:39   Link #213
Roseweave
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
He only had 10 years off for the hormones and there was never any confirmation of how much time, if any at all, Gear Second shaved off his life. Rob Lucci isn't a doctor or devil fruit expert. It's more than likely a warning of what it *could* do, but in the 2 years it looks like Luffy was able to train it to the extent where it was safer and easier to use.
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 23:47   Link #214
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
He only had 10 years off for the hormones and there was never any confirmation of how much time, if any at all, Gear Second shaved off his life. Rob Lucci isn't a doctor or devil fruit expert. It's more than likely a warning of what it *could* do, but in the 2 years it looks like Luffy was able to train it to the extent where it was safer and easier to use.
every time he uses gear second he shaves off years from his life. he also endangers himself into getting a serious heart attack. so if he uses gear second more and more often, he will most likely die young.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:49   Link #215
gazawraith
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I can imagine him going the same way as Gol D. Roger. if Roger had an 'incurable illness' then Luffy's situation can be VERY closely related, meaning that Roger became the strongest by frequently over experting himself. we've not found out anything about his fighting style at all, for all we know he could have had his own version of Gear Second. who knows.

the saddest ending but very sweet. Hope Luffy gets a vaster crew though, like small squads of equally iconic characters.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.