AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 7 18.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 32.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 13.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-13, 20:48   Link #21
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
kuromitsu: yeah, looks like I caught you after you posted but before you posted your edit. Any clues on what show that is?
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-05-13, 21:35   Link #22
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Liked how Yunoha's speech was changing. So Amata couldn't hear the last part about his father. Looks like Mix is lost forever for Andy. Next ep looks good though.
__________________
ars89 is offline  
Old 2012-05-13, 21:37   Link #23
HimeaSaito
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Amata is last puzzle piece to awaken the Solar Wings????

The curse of eve is where few strong Igura turn into men.....

Last edited by HimeaSaito; 2012-05-13 at 22:20.
HimeaSaito is offline  
Old 2012-05-13, 21:46   Link #24
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
eve story is from 24000 years ago or 12000 yrs? there is more to the apollonius-celiane story than we know of. if eve was celiane did she put that curse on altair or was eve touma

will we ever get any real back story of amata's mom and zessica's past? atleast zessica seems to know that mikage expects something in return for opening the gate. i hope she can resits whatever mind trolling he is going to do on her. i hope.

It would be something if mikono past life put the curse on altair that effects amata's mother and mix's present condition. As well as all women on altair that died.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-05-13 at 22:35.
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-05-13, 23:04   Link #25
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: I wish somewhere warmer
idk if Alicia isn't the "rare igura" who decieded that there was this supposed "rare Igura" that could not be effected by the curse (probaly mykage). And since all the other girls who didn't die turned into men. So I'm speculating Alicia has an element power of her own so she isn't affected by the Curse but instead put into a Comma. Or I could be wrong but seems strange eh, why is she the one exception that didn't die or turn into a boy and its not a normal comma because she hasn't aged a single minute since she left Amata like 10 plus years previous.

I still have the opinion that Izumo is Amata's father because unless he isn't I don't see why the need for the dramatic cut off and if Izumo isn't obviously he isn't important to the story, only for background of Amata.
Maximillionus is offline  
Old 2012-05-13, 23:17   Link #26
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the rainbow
Well, besides the classic "I'm your father", I can guess 3 valid reasons for making a dramatic cut at that point:

- "Your father was an Altair girl that turned into a man."
- "Your father was the culprit who bring out the curse."
- "Your father died because "whatever".

And of course, it still can be:

- "Your father wasn't human" or something like that. "Your father was the Aquarion" could be hilarious.
Zaresh is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 00:42   Link #27
ZetaAEUG
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Amata is last puzzle piece to awaken the Solar Wings????

The curse of eve is where few strong Igura turn into men.....
The last puzzle piece is the legendary aquarion, which hasn't been located yet.
ZetaAEUG is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 00:47   Link #28
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
What this about Zessica kissing Amata in the mext episode?

I saw in one of the post on page 1.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 00:51   Link #29
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
I think Mikage is Amata's farther...

I was right about Altair changing women into men...
kk2extreme is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 00:57   Link #30
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a pinepple, under the sea
Age: 22
I loved the boys gattai. The new move Shrade pulled off was pretty awesome. And I found it funny, seeing Yunoha talk like a guy.


Andy describing Mix was also pretty funny. "Big bangs" Haah. Good episode, but damn it I really wanted to see if I was right about Izumo being Amata's father. D:
__________________

Da dum da dum.
LastOrder is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 01:28   Link #31
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Nothing interesting happened. I know it was needed. I only liked Yunoha talking like a man and the robot action.
Next episode I see Amata in the theatre from the 1-2 episodes and kiss obviously refers to Zessica's promise to Mykage, but I'm the most excited for Toma's Cherubim.
pingva is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 01:32   Link #32
hoarfrost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Liked the part where Yunoha started talking funny, kinda Ika musume feel, that's it.
At first I thought I was watching troll subs. So they did that to make her speech pattern seem cruder and more manly?
hoarfrost is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 01:42   Link #33
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
MIX is now a guy and from the looks of it will remain so for a while. =_= Honestly, I wasn't expecting that, but at least they treated the change with due seriousness. I actually kind of like the fact that it wasn't just a one episode thing, or else it makes the whole "curse" seem like a joke.

Kagura's appearance continues to confound me. He appears, disappears, kicks some ass, gets shot, and disappears again. Other than the bit of development he got in episode 15 I feel like for a main character he's really underdeveloped. Maybe we'll finally get more back story/development on him in the next episode because right now I don't have much feelings for his character and if they develop him any later I might never care about him as a character.
Mangaka-chan is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 01:45   Link #34
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: yeah, looks like I caught you after you posted but before you posted your edit. Any clues on what show that is?
It's Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Guu. ^^;; One of my favorite shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
What this about Zessica kissing Amata in the mext episode?
Next episode is titled "kiss." Look at Zessica in the preview. Draw the conclusion. (It may have something to do with Mykage's kiss to her, but yeah, just look at her. And if she's kissing anyone it will most likely be Amata.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
At first I thought I was watching troll subs. So they did that to make her speech pattern seem cruder and more manly?
I don't know about the subs but she did start using a male register. I guess it was meant to be moe, given that Zessica didn't do anything like that.
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 01:46   Link #35
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
Spoiler for Episode 20:
I hate to say that I agree with this.

There is too much to be developed right now.

Spoiler for what to do...?:


Anyway, I had to get that out, hope ya'll didn't mind. It's been about three to five weeks since my last comment, possibly even a month or two...
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 02:48   Link #36
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
<lots of stuff>
As much as I have big problems with the writing in this show, I don't think the situation is that bad... by which I mean, I still enjoy it, though they really need to get their act together if they want to make this worth my while.

As for the reincarnations, maybe it's just because I don't care about them, but I don't think not knowing them hinders the enjoyment of the show. I mean I thought trying to figure out who is who was supposed to be half the fun? In any case, as I've been saying from the beginning, the reincarnation identities is one of the biggest jokers in the writers' hands, they'd be stupid to play them too early instead of using it to confuse the viewers and make them watch the next episode to find out more.

Re: the romance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
In the shadows that we don't see beyond those "boring romance moments" that seem flat, Mikono is developing feelings towards Amata. What the hell?
Why is that surprising? She's been developing feelings for him since episode 1. The only question ever was if Kagura would affect that in any way.

Anyway, I think all story and romance problems can be traced back to two simple issues called "DON'T IGNORE YOUR MAIN CHARACTERS" and "PACING AND PLANNING, EVER HEARD OF THOSE?" The first is something I see pretty often with anime/manga with a relatively large cast, where the writers want to develop everyone and get caught up in the secondary characters, to the point where they let the main characters be pushed in the background. (See the master: Kubo Tite, who at one point ignored his own main character for one and a half years.)

From this aspect Zessica is still the one doing the best out of the main characters, because she has received quite a lot of attention both while building up her character and her crush, and then in the recent episodes - of course it's up to debate whether that attention was good for her or not (or even enough since we still barely know anything about her aside of the fact that she loves Amata). Amata and Mikono have been getting flashes of importance that didn't seem to go anywhere - at least now Mikono is on the right way, but the writing still doesn't let Amata do anything which is getting ridiculous at this point (seriously, it's episode 20!). And Kagura... the less is said about him, the better. And obviously this affects the romance as well, because with the main characters out of focus it's just not getting the necessary amount of development and attention.

So basically, the writer doesn't seem to be able to handle so many characters and this is not a good thing for the story. (And it's not like this is a huge cast! Okada would have a heart attack if she was to tackle something like LoGH...)

And of course there's the other issue which doesn't need to be explained and is just plain bad writing.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-14 at 03:16. Reason: clarification
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 03:24   Link #37
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Next comes the underdeveloped romance. It has fallen flat. So much that I have pulled away from all ships together with the exception of one that has already ended, Yunoha and Jin.

...

My heart still goes out to Yunoha. She is faithful to Jin with all of her heart. It makes me so sad to see her still suffering over it inwardly. Her character is the only one in which has developed greatly. Whilst we rarely see her, when she is around, she is helpful if not brave, and going to Altair to assist in the rescue of MIX is proof. I love the romance that transpired between her and Jin. His character developed the romance quick yet smooth. I had no problem with them.
I feel the same way actually. The Amata/Mikono/Zessica/Kagura relationship never worked for me (too much pussyfooting around), but the Jin/Yunoha pairing got me hook-line-and-sinker ever since the balcony scene. I found myself smiling when Yunoha mentioned she wanted to see the place where Jin was born, followed by a silhouette of Jin in episode 19. It's sad and bittersweet, but I'm glad Kawamori hasn't completely sidelined Jin and Yunoha's relationship just because Jin's dead. And heck, this is the first time I've shipped a pairing where one of the two lovers is dead.

That's saying something.
Mangaka-chan is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 03:43   Link #38
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Re: the romance...

Why is that surprising? She's been developing feelings for him since episode 1. The only question ever was if Kagura would affect that in any way.

Anyway, I think all story and romance problems can be traced back to two simple issues called "DON'T IGNORE YOUR MAIN CHARACTERS" and "PACING AND PLANNING, EVER HEARD OF THOSE?" The first is something I see pretty often with anime/manga with a relatively large cast, where the writers want to develop everyone and get caught up in the secondary characters, to the point where they let the main characters be pushed in the background. (See the master: Kubo Tite, who at one point ignored his own main character for one and a half years.)

From this aspect Zessica is still the one doing the best out of the main characters, because she has received quite a lot of attention both while building up her character and her crush, and then in the recent episodes - of course it's up to debate whether that attention was good for her or not (or even enough since we still barely know anything about her aside of the fact that she loves Amata). Amata and Mikono have been getting flashes of importance that didn't seem to go anywhere - at least now Mikono is on the right way, but the writing still doesn't let Amata do anything which is getting ridiculous at this point (seriously, it's episode 20!). And Kagura... the less is said about him, the better. And obviously this affects the romance as well, because with the main characters out of focus it's just not getting the necessary amount of development and attention.

So basically, the writer doesn't seem to be able to handle so many characters and this is not a good thing for the story. (And it's not like this is a huge cast! Okada would have a heart attack if she was to tackle something like LoGH...)

And of course there's the other issue which doesn't need to be explained and is just plain bad writing.

I think it has nothing to do with the focus on the side character.

They started the Mikono/Amata pairing strongly and instead of harmonuously developping the thing from there and furtherng their relationship little by little, they completelly held it back if not regressed it for the sake of them to only get together in an official romantic relationship at the end.

If they wanted to do that, they should have gone by the old I hate you at first formula. Not do it with people who gets along well (under normal circumstances) and have the opportunity to interact a lot with nothing in their ways. Chouchou is a joke of an obstacle, seriously. And all those misunderstandings used as a mean to drag it even more were not endearing at all. It just makes Mikono looks like a bit of a bitch and Amata like a bit of a doormat.


And how can they even present the whole thing as a love triangle when Kagura has only got one opportunity to interact with Mikono in 20 episodes. Let me laugh.

I won't feel bad at all when their romance is going to get its crap end, as the first ED promised.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-14 at 03:56.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 04:05   Link #39
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I think it has nothing to do with the focus on the side character.
Actually, it has everything to do with the writing not focusing on the main characters and screwing up the pacing and planning. Putting the main characters being in a position to interact and then not having them interact in a significant way because that would hinder the plot is bad enough, but then pushing them into the background in order to focus on other characters (in this case Andy and Mix) is guaranteed to stifle their development, both on a characterization and romance level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I feel the same way actually. The Amata/Mikono/Zessica/Kagura relationship never worked for me (too much pussyfooting around), but the Jin/Yunoha pairing got me hook-line-and-sinker ever since the balcony scene.
It doesn't hurt that the Jin x Yunoha pairing received a more intense push that the "AMZK" quadrangle ever had, specifically because they wanted Jin's death to have a punch.
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 04:21   Link #40
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Actually, it has everything to do with the writing not focusing on the main characters and screwing up the pacing and planning. Putting the main characters being in a position to interact and then not having them interact in a significant way because that would hinder the plot is bad enough, but then pushing them into the background in order to focus on other characters (in this case Andy and Mix) is guaranteed to stifle their development, both on a characterization and romance level.
In what we disagree. Maybe the lack of focus contributed to the lackluster relationship, but I still strongly think the chore of the problem is the fact the authors want them to hook up only at the very end , for whatever gain they think the story will get from it (more shipping, suspens, not spoiling an eventual reincarnation twist, whatever) and thus they are keeping them away in very artificial nerve-grating ways.

JinxYunoha was fine while getting a lot less focus.

The main problem is the dragging. More focus would mean the dragging being even more obnoxious and painful to the watcher.
Zuul is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.