AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2012-05-13, 12:37   Link #721
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Is anyone else getting these huge Minmay vibes from Acchan illustrations?
Yep, and when I first saw Sheryl Nome, I was like, "damn, she can set the stage on fire!"
Spoiler:

Quote:
Btw, can I just add that the whole "Unfinished product" concept is what makes these girls so attractive as entertainers? It's quite boring to watch our western finished product entertainers and singers at times, because all they are is an unreachable goal.
In the West, they have become so much goddess-like that such entertainers are unapproachable (with a bevy of bodyguards to ward off stalkers and paparazzi), untouchable, and can only be seen at a distance; they're like Ferarris and Lamborghinis that we can only gawk at a car show but can't afford in our lifetimes.

Which is why AKB48 was based on Akimoto's idea of "idols you can meet", that is, you can pay 3,000 yen for a ticket to see them on any 365 nights a year at that little theater, and then interact with them with high-fives after the show.

I also notice that the little physical flaws (i.e snaggleteeth, short stature, big nose, etc.) lend a rather "girl next door" vibe to each of the members, thus making their audience feel that they're almost like them as equals and as everyday people.
Old 2012-05-13, 12:40   Link #722
mochichan

Beside the MIA queen...I'm wondering....wtf is with the shinto shrine?

Aki-P, you wish you're a god..

LOL..
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 13:11   Link #723
SkullFaerie
pain train

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Well Acchan is seemingly becoming that, a mysterious idol who has disappeared for some reason...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Yep, and when I first saw Sheryl Nome, I was like, "damn, she can set the stage on fire!"
Sheryl was just plain awesome
It's not just because of the whole setup with Accan being absent right now that reminds you of Minmay though, it's her whole looks and the way she's portrayed in the artwork. The picture on the last page just looks like a modern version of Minmay with shorter hair. Kawamori, what are you playing at? XD

Quote:
In the West, they have become so much goddess-like that such entertainers are unapproachable (with a bevy of bodyguards to ward off stalkers and paparazzi), untouchable, and can only be seen at a distance; they're like Ferarris and Lamborghinis that we can only gawk at a car show but can't afford in our lifetimes.
This is so true. It's a brilliant plan really, Aki P deserves some serious kudos for that. For the fans it's great because like you say they can go see them whenever they want, for young wannabes (regardless of whether they're wannabe entertainers or aiming to be doctors) it's inspirational, and for the girls it's great because they get a better chance than they would by joining one of the random groups the industry churns out that last for a year or so and whose members are never heard of again.
I don't think they'll have to worry about disappearing too quickly as well, they should be able to remain popular for a good while because of the graduations.
The one and only flaw remains that there's all this slightly superficial criticism that people have talked about but you can't please everyone, so whatever :P
All in all it's a genius concept though, the japanese entertainment industry is length ahead of the west in this regard.
SkullFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:35   Link #724
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
This is so true. It's a brilliant plan really, Aki P deserves some serious kudos for that. For the fans it's great because like you say they can go see them whenever they want, for young wannabes (regardless of whether they're wannabe entertainers or aiming to be doctors) it's inspirational, and for the girls it's great because they get a better chance than they would by joining one of the random groups the industry churns out that last for a year or so and whose members are never heard of again.
I don't think they'll have to worry about disappearing too quickly as well, they should be able to remain popular for a good while because of the graduations.
The one and only flaw remains that there's all this slightly superficial criticism that people have talked about but you can't please everyone, so whatever :P
All in all it's a genius concept though, the japanese entertainment industry is length ahead of the west in this regard.
Well, given how the average celeb makes enough money to have an exorbant lifestyle...they are really disconnected from society. Hell sometimes I think Celebrity dating is more like political marriages you see in the medieval era.
Old 2012-05-13, 15:23   Link #725
Katapan
俺様祭り

Ohh, I loved episode 3 which was much closer to what I was originally expecting from the series. With most of the introductions out of the way (and executed fairly well at that, I find myself somewhat attached to some of the girls already), the action and the character dynamics are beginning to show real promise. Beginner as an insert song helps tons too. I hope they'll eventually get the opportunity to use all the single songs, besides the janken ones obviously... though it'd be funny to get Ue Kara Mariko when she's not in the spotlight!

Surprisingly, I didn't mind the rehearsal scene - it is still a bit of a shame the anime team isn't able to bring iM@S-like scenes to the table, but we couldn't get both that and the crazy Kawamori/Okada mix. Besides, I guess this is about as good 3DCG can get.
Old 2012-05-13, 15:27   Link #726
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well now at it remains is Kana and Mimori's introduction into the series proper, they will serve as friction for the new team since Mimori's rich girl attitude and not really abandoning her past associations with being rich and famous and Kanata's "MY DAD/BROTHER IS DEAD!" back history.

Also the whole favorites is quite interesting. I want to make popping a cherry joke featuring Mimori given her favorite food is cherries.
Old 2012-05-13, 16:05   Link #727
mochichan

Oh that's why Kanata's scene in the OP had her at a grave.
Interesting......
I wonder if her family member was killed by DES?
Old 2012-05-13, 16:06   Link #728
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Or worse, her father was a DES soldier who planned on bringing both his daughters in and the only way out was to kill her father. Or her father defied the DES despite being a former member of the squad
Old 2012-05-13, 16:18   Link #729
mochichan

LOL then this would turn into a giant soap opera, more than it already is. XD

I'm curious about Kanata's skill.
Since she has a lightsaber in the beginning, I can see her as the ace fighter of the group and she look as if she's well trained in defending herself.
It could be relate to why Sonata and Kanata didn't audition together and so far Sonata hasn't talked about her sister. Maybe something happened with DES that caused their family to be separated and Kanata was with her brother/dad until something happened that caused her to lose her family.

I sense alot of angst happening soon in the storyline lol :P
Old 2012-05-13, 18:17   Link #730
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Holy freaking JESUS!!!!
I know that was a test and all, but GODDAMN, I think my jab hit the floor.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eriousBusiness

I've seen LESS action in shounens.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 18:31   Link #731
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Damn. I haven't seen it yet qq. I have to wait till work is done. That's at least 10 hours from now.

I remember seeing AKB once in the Akiba Don Quixote back in 2004 i think They used to be listed in Daily Planet travel guides as a tourist attraction. I don't think the tickets were 3000 yen either.

I remember the theatre had me and then maybe 10 otaku doing the otagei and that was it. Now, you can't even buy tickets anymore. You have to play the lottery on a day when the girl you want to be is performing.

I kind of want to see Yukirin and also Minegishi even though she is less popular.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 20:09   Link #732
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Being a fan of the band I was very pleased to announce this anime then after seeing the first 2 episodes I was quite pleased how to say
Old 2012-05-13, 20:49   Link #733
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Or worse, her father was a DES soldier who planned on bringing both his daughters in and the only way out was to kill her father. Or her father defied the DES despite being a former member of the squad
Methinking that her dad must be a Browncoat (see Firefly) who tried to bring down the system.

EDIT: On fanart: a thought occurred to me...
Spoiler:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-13 at 21:41.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 22:46   Link #734
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Actually that isthe case, I saw two R-18 stuff so the idea of a lawsuit is out. It is mainly due to lack of interest above all else. After all the Wota vs Otaku issue is still in effect.
Old 2012-05-13, 22:55   Link #735
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
After all the Wota vs Otaku issue is still in effect.
(slightly offtopic) It makes me wonder which side does iM@s belongs to, because it seems to straddle both sides of the fence.

Unless there has to be the equivalent of Walk this Way (Aerosmith and RUN-DMC).

Woke up this morning with a thought, and put it right here:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-14 at 00:00.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 23:43   Link #736
mochichan

I see IDOLMASTER on the side of otaku, with some wotas enjoying them too i guess.
because they're still 2D

I guess even if AKB girls are 2D now, otakus aren't interested...:\

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-14 at 00:16.
Old 2012-05-13, 23:59   Link #737
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

The Otakus in AKB48 always prefer the "3D" is clear but will want to still watch the anime ...
Old 2012-05-14, 00:16   Link #738
mochichan

^
you mean wotas? Those are the idol fans.
anime otakus are different tho. Majority are not interested in AKB.
I even read some comments saying "shine" (die) on the Japanese stream site.
Old 2012-05-14, 00:19   Link #739
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ha yes yes agree it's clear there are some who will love the anime Otaku and others do not, and yes I do hope that they will love the group Fan anime haha xD

PS: I love your gif!
Old 2012-05-14, 01:20   Link #740
mochichan

^
i was super psyched when they played beginner :P

Seriously I love evetaku sub because they included the lyric. The fight scene feel so much better with the lyric of the song matching the situation.
Anyway it's cool how Yuka was mad at stuffs Chieri said but end up saying the same thing she did. :3

But is there a pun or inside joke on Mariko's name?
Because she's call Takaragi Tsubasa unlike the other AKB members who name is their nickname in real life.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime