AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 7 18.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 32.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 13.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-14, 04:22   Link #41
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Actually, it has everything to do with the writing not focusing on the main characters and screwing up the pacing and planning. Putting the main characters being in a position to interact and then not having them interact in a significant way because that would hinder the plot is bad enough, but then pushing them into the background in order to focus on other characters (in this case Andy and Mix) is guaranteed to stifle their development, both on a characterization and romance level.


It doesn't hurt that the Jin x Yunoha pairing received a more intense push that the "AMZK" quadrangle ever had, specifically because they wanted Jin's death to have a punch.

That could be why the writers are dragging AMZK this ridiculously long...I mean that love quadrangle (hahaha awesome title) is the main love sequence in this anime, so of obviously they'd have to make it last till pretty much the BIG REVEAL...so I can see why Jin x Yunoha pairing had more of an intense push than the others (cos Jin wasn't going to be around for much longer)...I agree the writers are tacky (and most likely holding back) when it comes to the relationships between Amata x Mikono x Zessica x Kagura and because we all haven't figured out and have been just speculating about the reincarnations we are just getting way more impatient than usual (I know I am)...And maybe the writers wanted to do the revealing earlier but they do go through a process where their storyboards go into moderation before ( I dont know if it is Kawamori) whoever decides that they should use it for the show...I'm sure they have something terrific up their sleeves for the the fans anyways...for me it just feels like a huge build up that is waiting to explode... and then we'll all be crying, screaming, yelling, laughing, hating (the cycle goes on)...
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 04:25   Link #42
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Yunoha is a boss. That is all.
FLCL is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 04:28   Link #43
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
That could be why the writers are dragging AMZK this ridiculously long...I mean that love quadrangle (hahaha awesome title) is the main love sequence in this anime, so of obviously they'd have to make it last till pretty much the BIG REVEAL...so I can see why Jin x Yunoha pairing had more of an intense push than the others (cos Jin wasn't going to be around for much longer)...I agree the writers are tacky (and most likely holding back) when it comes to the relationships between Amata x Mikono x Zessica x Kagura and because we all haven't figured out and have been just speculating about the reincarnations we are just getting way more impatient than usual (I know I am)...And maybe the writers wanted to do the revealing earlier but they do go through a process where their storyboards go into moderation before ( I dont know if it is Kawamori) whoever decides that they should use it for the show...I'm sure they have something terrific up their sleeves for the the fans anyways...for me it just feels like a huge build up that is waiting to explode... and then we'll all be crying, screaming, yelling, laughing, hating (the cycle goes on)...
I would like to share your optimism.

And that a huge twist that is going to make up for it is to come.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 04:30   Link #44
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Wow, sexual frustration sure is a scary thing. Black holes? Yegads...
__________________
Haak is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 05:21   Link #45
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
That could be why the writers are dragging AMZK this ridiculously long...I mean that love quadrangle (hahaha awesome title) is the main love sequence in this anime, so of obviously they'd have to make it last till pretty much the BIG REVEAL...so I can see why Jin x Yunoha pairing had more of an intense push than the others (cos Jin wasn't going to be around for much longer)...I agree the writers are tacky (and most likely holding back) when it comes to the relationships between Amata x Mikono x Zessica x Kagura and because we all haven't figured out and have been just speculating about the reincarnations we are just getting way more impatient than usual (I know I am)...And maybe the writers wanted to do the revealing earlier but they do go through a process where their storyboards go into moderation before ( I dont know if it is Kawamori) whoever decides that they should use it for the show...I'm sure they have something terrific up their sleeves for the the fans anyways...for me it just feels like a huge build up that is waiting to explode... and then we'll all be crying, screaming, yelling, laughing, hating (the cycle goes on)...
That is why the writers are dragging it out. Jin and Yunoha was never planned to last (well, Jin was never planned to last) but they needed to give some weight to Jin so his death would have an emotional effect on the viewers, so they gave a huge boost to the pairing (which was, frankly, rather clumsy because it was so obvious, and because they went overboard with it - they could've started developing Jin earlier and built the whole thing more gradually but whatever it was cute regardless), and as for other relationships, well, look at Andy and Mix. That relationship has its ups and downs but it's not a heavy plot point so they're able to handle it pretty smoothly. But the AMZK quadrangle is dragged out by necessity - and yet, that alone wouldn't be a problem if they handled it well and kept it in the focus to keep people's interest and give the whole thing the weight it's supposed to have. But they don't do that (can't?). Amata and Mikono keep being overshadowed by the secondary characters because they're not allowed to do anything, Zessica's feelings are turning into a plot device while we still know nothing about her, and Kagura is barely more than a background pattern.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I like the AMZ characters (neutral on K) so I really, really hope the writers finally get their crap together and focus on them for the remaining episodes. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah good joke.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-14 at 05:54.
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 06:28   Link #46
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 21
Could a dichotomy exist between Zessica and Mykage? Say if Zessica=Toma, and Mykage=Toma then perhaps a dichotomy exists?
SolarAquarion is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 06:35   Link #47
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I don't know what should I say after I finish watching this episode.

I can understand Andy's frustration here. It feels that destiny want Andy to be gay.
__________________
noobita is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 06:45   Link #48
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
kuromitsu: thanks for identifying it. I've actually had that show on my list of things to check out eventually, and now I know what it looks like. I could easily see that one-leg-up pose as an intentional allusion.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said and will be borrowing your AMZK abbreviation from now on.

Now, about the episode: one thing I'm not entirely clear on is which of the following is more accurate:

Zessica doesn't actively remember her encounter with Mykage. Sometimes external extents will cause her to remember, but when that happens Mykage's flower kicks in (and she either forgets again, or goes quiet and forgets it a bit later).

Zessica does remember her encounter with Mykage, but is trying to keep it out of her mind. The flower lighting up is just a "warning shot" telling her she is in the danger zone.

Anyone have a sense which of the above is closer to what's going on with her?
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 07:14   Link #49
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: thanks for identifying it. I've actually had that show on my list of things to check out eventually, and now I know what it looks like. I could easily see that one-leg-up pose as an intentional allusion.
Oh, this is not what it normally looks like - the screenshots are from a little classic shoujo parody segment about a character's delusions. Do check HareGuu out, it's absolutely hilarious. I don't think Fudou's pose was an allusion to HareGuu, but the whole situation of Mikono looking for him in a harbor and then finding him in that pose just reminded me of this. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Zessica doesn't actively remember her encounter with Mykage. Sometimes external extents will cause her to remember, but when that happens Mykage's flower kicks in (and she either forgets again, or goes quiet and forgets it a bit later).
I need to rewatch the ep, but I think this is the case... at least it would be more dramatic this way.
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 07:46   Link #50
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
Yunoha is a boss. That is all.
Like a boss, you mean.
Speaking of which, how long will the curse finally take effect after reaching Altair, and how to remove it?
So which TV Trope should we use for such a boss like Yunoha?

Though what if Yunoha become a man? Cute man?

So Granzon from SRW OG uses Black Hole cluster, and then Angelg uses part of it to shoot at any enemy or ground. Oh man...

*Black Hole Cluster'd*
__________________
Scarletknive is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 08:05   Link #51
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That is why the writers are dragging it out. Jin and Yunoha was never planned to last (well, Jin was never planned to last) but they needed to give some weight to Jin so his death would have an emotional effect on the viewers, so they gave a huge boost to the pairing (which was, frankly, rather clumsy because it was so obvious, and because they went overboard with it - they could've started developing Jin earlier and built the whole thing more gradually but whatever it was cute regardless), and as for other relationships, well, look at Andy and Mix. That relationship has its ups and downs but it's not a heavy plot point so they're able to handle it pretty smoothly. But the AMZK quadrangle is dragged out by necessity - and yet, that alone wouldn't be a problem if they handled it well and kept it in the focus to keep people's interest and give the whole thing the weight it's supposed to have. But they don't do that (can't?). Amata and Mikono keep being overshadowed by the secondary characters because they're not allowed to do anything, Zessica's feelings are turning into a plot device while we still know nothing about her, and Kagura is barely more than a background pattern.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I like the AMZ characters (neutral on K) so I really, really hope the writers finally get their crap together and focus on them for the remaining episodes. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah good joke.)
Well when I look forward to an episode of Aquarion Evol I always hope that the next episode will be the big reveal and it hasn't happened so far...so maybe if we use REVERSE expectations then we'll get our reveal episode lol (eh eh eh)...and when I do watch the episodes I pretty much forget how they drag the quadriangle and pretty much focus on the information at hand...but meh that is just me...Aquarion Evol still has my interest even though their hasn't been much on the romance side ( because I would have expected more, honestly)...I think they are now focusing more on the invasion of Vega and Altair's demise since well when you think of it this way, wouldn't we have to know what happened on Altair to get the ball rolling...isn't that why all this started? I mean that was the case 12,000 years ago and it's pretty much the case now...I wonder if it will change Amata's perspective on things, now that he knows Altair's situation and even though they shouldn't be abducting women from another planet would he feel some remorse for them since they have been cursed...and damn I would definitely like to know who cursed the people of Altair to begin with.
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 09:51   Link #52
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
oh my its rule 63 http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...RuleSixtyThree in the worst way!!!

yikes so that women who enter altair would later on turn into men?!

were screwed we need women keep them safe.

indeed ONORE Mykage!!!
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 10:03   Link #53
Hamster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Oh no! What's going to happen to Mix now?
Hamster is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 10:13   Link #54
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Oh no! What's going to happen to Mix now?
I still hope that she will return back to being female, and I think Mykage holds the answer.

*I knew the banana chapter was kind of a flag for Mix and Andy. . .
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 10:22   Link #55
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
The episode would have been so much better if they could have scrapped the whole Mikono/Fudou scene.

All that donut philosophy was bleh.


More Shrade and Andy action instead would have been nice.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 10:24   Link #56
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Tried to watch the episode, but they talked too much
Yunoha speaking as a boy was cute anyways ahaha.
But speaking of the episode I don't like when the writers decide to dedicate an episode to explanations alone. Like in Guilty Crown. I prefer having it little by little.

Anyways, I agree that writers have failed a bit on the romance side. The only explanation I could find is that they decided to handle the romance with an episodic format. So, if you are going to re-watch only Jin and Yunoha: select ep. 12/13, Mix, MIX-Y and Andy: select #bla #bla #bla. Amata and Mikono, 1,2 etc etc. Similar to omnibus format, but with different couples.


Anyway, even if I don't like this kind of formats, I still have faith that they will handle in some ways the last episodes. But I don't care of reincarnations.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 11:57   Link #57
TehSanity
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Yunoha with a boy's mind suddenly curses by mistake. That's also cute in it's own way.

I have no idea how many episodes we got left, but we're certainly headed towards the final stretch.

Andy's misfortune is approaching outright depressing now. He always fails in his quest to dig into the women's changing room. He got depressed. Mix gets kinapped and now Mix is Mixy and male. He went beserk AND he still hasn't experienced GATTAI yet.

Unless some kind of miracle to top plastic surgery occurs, Andy has a dilemma. Either find another set of bigbangs to seek, or turn gay.
TehSanity is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 12:13   Link #58
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Mikono finally got the truth from Fudo.
Amata got his story about Altair and his mom from Izumo.
Andy rampaging around looking for Mix.
Looks like Altair's curse started affecting Zassica & Yunoha.
Shrade took care of the Amada & Andy rescue.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 12:52   Link #59
zero7090
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
omg black hole, who would think that some kind of weak power like digging hole can be so powerful.

btw: seeing in mikoto in Fudo clothes makes me have a wild guess. If she is someone who connect people then she is just like Fudo and not Silve. Plus seeing woman in Altair become man, may be if someone from Altair staying long enough in Igura, the curse will be lifted for her. And ......... *dam i am thinking about something ultra gay here (or may be not really since technically it is male x female)*
zero7090 is offline  
Old 2012-05-14, 15:11   Link #60
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 23
@Zero i never thought he would be able to make a black hole from the start, though there was foreshadowing for it, i always thought his power was purely earth based, not space based, when i saw him make that mini black hole his power immediately became my favourite in the series so far(and there aint no way Mix(y) can fill a black hole).
__________________
dragonroots is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.