AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-18, 22:04   Link #4621
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The episode did drag on for a bit; the last episode was better but i liked this one still. Would have been cool to see more fighting.

It was cool that Natsu used his head in his fight to overload the blob thing.

There's one think i don't get though. I get that Scorpio turned around and accidentally hit Michelle, but i don't get how Lucy suddenly started flying like that.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 00:33   Link #4622
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Yeah, this ep kinda sucked, especially compared to last week. It's been a while since they used Natsu's stock attack animations. (Though to be fair, they've been updated with his new costume.)

Natsu did surprisingly poorly against Sugarboy. I guess this is the anime's way of showing the gang needs a post-timeskip powerup, whereas that issue kinda came out of nowhere in the manga (and ended up being a pointless detour).

Quote:
There's one think i don't get though. I get that Scorpio turned around and accidentally hit Michelle, but i don't get how Lucy suddenly started flying like that.
Apparently Mary's wand can do that. Even Lucy noticed how her magic is more hax than Kain Hikaru's Lost Magic.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 02:05   Link #4623
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
So i predict that, given how long a season lasts and when the movie is airing, that this arc will finish up Season 3. That means about 13 more episodes, ending the season at 144. That would make the arc around 20 episodes.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 02:39   Link #4624
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I guess i'm very ... cynical. But i nvr really liked Sugar Boy. I just felt the episode was very draggy + the fact i didn't like the earthland edolas characters. Its like .. their intentionally weakening all the characters and u just know at the end of the arc the main characters would kick ass all the way over some random power up of some sort.

Glad that we're moving on. If the fight had continued to the nxt ep I'd have considered giving up the arc as a whole :3
__________________
When you hate others you hate yourself. When you forgive them you too are saved. - Asakura Keiko
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 02:58   Link #4625
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
I guess i'm very ... cynical. But i nvr really liked Sugar Boy. I just felt the episode was very draggy + the fact i didn't like the earthland edolas characters. Its like .. their intentionally weakening all the characters and u just know at the end of the arc the main characters would kick ass all the way over some random power up of some sort.

Glad that we're moving on. If the fight had continued to the nxt ep I'd have considered giving up the arc as a whole :3
I don't really like Sugarboy either. He always annoyed me. And this episode did drag on a bit.

I think you're wrong tho on intentionally weakening the characters. Things you have to consider:

1. We've only seen some ppl fight them, no Gray or Erza or Juvia, who all defeated 3 of the 7 kin on their own. Nor any Laxus or Thunder Tribe.

2. 7 years have passed, strong people have arrived. These mages have been training for a while, as the episode stated. These enemies are strong. People often seem to think (on other forums too) that the 7 kin are the pinacle of strength in Fairy Tail, but that's hardly the case.

3. Okay, this is a pet peeve of mine personally. People always assume the only thing to winning a battle is power. Who's the most powerful is arbitrary since there isn't any way to really measure. Winning a battle has a lot more to do with who's more powerful. It deals with who's smarter, more clever, how the opponent is feeling emotionally & physically that day, who has more info on the enemy. Whenever FT fights anyone, they know very little on them while their enemies know a lot, tho the enemies in this arc don't seem to know a ton about them, they're just strong. As FT learns more about them they become better at their fights. You saw how Lucy and Natsu started figuring out what the weaknesses of Sugarboy and Hughes are.

4. You assume there is going to be some sort of power up. I think you're assuming too much too early (tho you could be right). Look who's writing this. It's not Mashima, it's the anime writers and producers. In the Daphne arc, she was defeated through instigation and combing powers together. In the anime fight with Kain, Lisanna, Cana, and Levy also used their powers smartly to defeat him .The anime-written fights seem a bit more well-balanced IMO.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 02:59   Link #4626
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
just saw the latest episode ,finally they revealed something about the pyramid thing from the opening, so those guys are from legion corps ..........and what is Zentopia(did i miss anything)
so they were after the clock hand after all, and she call the clock hand mary???,looks like there's a lot more to this arc
and i was waiting for it, for Gray to show up and save Natsu's ass
and Taurus is a such a pervert
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 09:34   Link #4627
anime fan99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
he guys I returned

Finally, my trip came to an end I start watching Fairy Tail at Wednesday 16 May and Arrived at ep 131 at this Saturday
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:05   Link #4628
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Have to agree that it felt like the episode dragged a bit, and didn't showcase as much fighting as I would have liked. Although I have to admit I almost thought Erza would rescue Lucy, or at least that one of her spirits would pop out to help her, like her clock or Loke.

Arc still has my interest, though, and I'm waiting to see what happens next.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:13   Link #4629
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Natsu vs Byro & Sugar Boy.
That was an epic fail. Guess Natsu's flames aren't the solution for everything.
Being stubborn as he is, he never gives up trying.
Lucy's Taurus was totally useless, but still LOL
Lily, Wendy and Charla vs Coco.
Gildarts vs Byro. That fight looked as the most serious one.
Everyone had their own battles.
These new opponents and story looks really promising.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 12:40   Link #4630
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
This episode makes me think everyone in Fairy Tail are idiots. Lucy, won't summon Leo to fight why not? Tells Taurus to go away damn tell Taurus to fondle the enemy.. stupid Lucy..

The weapons the Legion are using are more like magical weapons from Edolas and nobody tries to take out or take the weapon. Destroy the weapon they are evidently not real wizards but rely on items.. the girl that runs probably has some magical shoes so would be the only one difficult to remove. It makes me disgusted with Fairy Tail with not a single one using any brains.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:50   Link #4631
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
This episode makes me think everyone in Fairy Tail are idiots. Lucy, won't summon Leo to fight why not? Tells Taurus to go away damn tell Taurus to fondle the enemy.. stupid Lucy..
Yes, let us all forget that her celestial spirits have schedules, and it's her solemn duty as a celestial wizard to uphold that, because schedules are part of the spirits' contracts, and contracts are serious business to them. Maybe Loke was busy and/or unavailable at the time, and Lucy knew that, which is why she didn't summon him. After all, she's not always able to summon all the spirits she wants to unless they work out a compromise beforehand. But no, let us all curse Lucy just because we ourselves forget how her magic is supposed to work! I mean, what's the point of remembering anything that happened in the first five episodes of the series, am I right? Of course not.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:51   Link #4632
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
This episode makes me think everyone in Fairy Tail are idiots. Lucy, won't summon Leo to fight why not? Tells Taurus to go away damn tell Taurus to fondle the enemy.. stupid Lucy..

The weapons the Legion are using are more like magical weapons from Edolas and nobody tries to take out or take the weapon. Destroy the weapon they are evidently not real wizards but rely on items.. the girl that runs probably has some magical shoes so would be the only one difficult to remove. It makes me disgusted with Fairy Tail with not a single one using any brains.

Does Sugarboy use an item even? He has that staff, but i dunno if it has anything to do with his powers. Mary would be a huge problem too, since how could you even get close to her?

I think Natsu used his brain well in this. He finally realized he could overload the goo with his powers, causing it to explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
he guys I returned

Finally, my trip came to an end I start watching Fairy Tail at Wednesday 16 May and Arrived at ep 131 at this Saturday
Welcome back. I still dunno how you watched so many episodes in such little time.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 14:31   Link #4633
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Yes, let us all forget that her celestial spirits have schedules, and it's her solemn duty as a celestial wizard to uphold that, because schedules are part of the spirits' contracts, and contracts are serious business to them. Maybe Loke was busy and/or unavailable at the time, and Lucy knew that, which is why she didn't summon him. After all, she's not always able to summon all the spirits she wants to unless they work out a compromise beforehand. But no, let us all curse Lucy just because we ourselves forget how her magic is supposed to work! I mean, what's the point of remembering anything that happened in the first five episodes of the series, am I right? Of course not.
totally agreed on that one
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 14:40   Link #4634
Quarkboy
Anime Translator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Anyone remember that whole thing about "Caster Magic" vs. "Holder Magic"?

That kind of... never got mentioned again, did it?
__________________
Yomiuri Television Enterprise
International Media Strategy Chief
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 14:59   Link #4635
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Anyone remember that whole thing about "Caster Magic" vs. "Holder Magic"?

That kind of... never got mentioned again, did it?
It's kind of basic stuff in the beginning, so i guess that's why. It still applies. Lucy has holder magic, along with Erza and some others. Caster magic seems more common though.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 15:37   Link #4636
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Lucy, has not summoned Leo once since he went back. She didn't even summon him before he agreed to join as a partner for the S Class so it wasn't just the S Class contest. She has no reason to avoid him yet she never summons Leo. Leo is different than the others and does not have to rely on her power to remain so he would be a wise one to summon to fight in such a fight where much of the guild is involved.

Secondly all of them are holding onto them items and all indication of using them. If it was his innate magic he would of been able to expel or control the blob that was on both his and Natsu's hand but that was not the case. These items seem to relate more to items maybe they came from Edolas ages ago who knows but they have the same type properties as Edolas did they did not have innate magic themselves but used magical weapons to be Wizards. The Legion appears to be along the same lines which would indicate why they are having so much difficulty against them as they are much of an unknown factor.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 15:56   Link #4637
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Lucy, has not summoned Leo once since he went back. She didn't even summon him before he agreed to join as a partner for the S Class so it wasn't just the S Class contest. She has no reason to avoid him yet she never summons Leo. Leo is different than the others and does not have to rely on her power to remain so he would be a wise one to summon to fight in such a fight where much of the guild is involved.
Or maybe he was busy. I can think of a reason why.

(Sure, you'd think it's stupid. But hey, what place does reason have in Fairy Tail? Probably more in the canon material, but still.)
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 15:57   Link #4638
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Lucy, has not summoned Leo once since he went back. She didn't even summon him before he agreed to join as a partner for the S Class so it wasn't just the S Class contest. She has no reason to avoid him yet she never summons Leo. Leo is different than the others and does not have to rely on her power to remain so he would be a wise one to summon to fight in such a fight where much of the guild is involved.
.
even though Loke is more involved in the guild, he still has spirit contract with Lucy, may be his schedule wasn't in this episode and the overpower thing about him is that he can travel through the spirit world freely he doesn't needs to be summon, but that doesn't mean he can come at anytime( and may be the biggest reason would be because if Loke comes out there he will defeat them to dust, so for the sake of continuation of the arc he wasn't shown there, so let's just get along with it)
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 16:25   Link #4639
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
even though Loke is more involved in the guild, he still has spirit contract with Lucy, may be his schedule wasn't in this episode and the overpower thing about him is that he can travel through the spirit world freely he doesn't needs to be summon, but that doesn't mean he can come at anytime( and may be the biggest reason would be because if Loke comes out there he will defeat them to dust, so for the sake of continuation of the arc he wasn't shown there, so let's just get along with it)
Ah, yes. Characters made for the sole purpose of interacting with, having advantage over, and being defeated by other, specific characters. This is becoming more and more like ordinary Fairy Tail material every episode!
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 20:48   Link #4640
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Now now, just so everyone knows, Mashima gave the anime director a basic layout and key points as to the plot; everything is is up to the anime director's discretion. But I guess that if the Legion Corps had dropped in, stole the key due to tight teamwork, and then run off, everyone would be happier because it would be that much more believable.

As for the episode...If the fights were anymore intense, the Fairy Tail guys would have beaten them (except for Natsu, he would have needed help on that one). I was actually thinking that Gildartz was toasting the area to get the big Octopus to fall into a pit he was digging... 0.o And besides, the normal physical force of Gildartz's punches should be more than enough to KO most anyone ... so, does this make Byron that tough...? Somehow, I doubt it...Lol at Erza's spear pissing the hell outta the Octopus. XD

Now I can see why the opening has the Take Over Siblings vs Mary Hughes...but will their Take Overs be enough to nullify her 'Human Body Manipulation' magic. Coco should have been easy for Wendy to take care of - oh why is she such a pacifist... Missed Awesome for Wendy...
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.