AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 14:21   Link #41
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Got the game myself. Looks awesome and I enjoy hangin around with Cain.

PS - Looks like the game sold 20,000 copies and counting. No idea for what console though.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 15:38   Link #42
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
PS - Looks like the game sold 20,000 copies and counting. No idea for what console though.
Once the game is being unleashed on steam the numbers are going to spike ^^. Just notice that both 360/PS3 version are heavily discounted in the UK, you can get it for just £13! Loco
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 00:14   Link #43
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well I'm not using Steam, but I'd like to see what happens next.

Also going to share that there's one fanfiction dedicated to the game...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-28, 04:32   Link #44
Sides

Demo is up on steam. Make sure to change the "display icons" to keyboard, if you are not going to use a 360 pad. You can change this by launching the configuration gui, and you can find the option on the second tab on the bottom page.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 04:41   Link #45
Sagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Demo is up on steam. Make sure to change the "display icons" to keyboard, if you are not going to use a 360 pad. You can change this by launching the configuration gui, and you can find the option on the second tab on the bottom page.
I'll give it a try.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 23:18   Link #46
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Good luck to those peeps getting in via Steam.

Old 2012-05-01, 15:49   Link #47
Tiberium Wolf

Well port for pc kinda meh.
The story is awesome. The exciting part is the bosses fights. I don't remember the last game I played where I had fun fighting boss characters.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:07   Link #48
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

For me, some of those boss fights were an exercise in frustration. Many of them like the Spider and the Iron Raptor were constantly spamming knockdown attacks and this annoyed the hell out of me. The latter especially, when you move slow as molasses carrying the stinger so you can't dodge them and any hit knocks it out of your hands. I would honestly prefer to just be killed outright rather than have my character constantly getting knocked down and then sitting there on the ground for 5 seconds before getting up.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:19   Link #49
Tiberium Wolf

Talking about what wasn't fun was the water slider and the jet ski missions... I had a hard time to pass those because the control was freaking hard. Restarted those mission tons of times.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:19   Link #50
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah same here, the game would have been much better off without those. I managed to beat the jet skis by going as slowly as I possibly could since otherwise I'd go careening into an obstacle and die. (This was especially funny with the squadmates yelling about how fast and awesome it was.)

I also had difficulty getting the game's voice chat to recognize "help", and it also seemed to think I was saying "fuck" whenever I breathed too heavily (I swear a lot but not quite that much ). The former I fixed by just saying "ok" instead and the latter I didn't care about because it was hilarious.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:53   Link #51
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah same here, the game would have been much better off without those. I managed to beat the jet skis by going as slowly as I possibly could since otherwise I'd go careening into an obstacle and die. (This was especially funny with the squadmates yelling about how fast and awesome it was.)

I also had difficulty getting the game's voice chat to recognize "help", and it also seemed to think I was saying "fuck" whenever I breathed too heavily (I swear a lot but not quite that much ). The former I fixed by just saying "ok" instead and the latter I didn't care about because it was hilarious.
Maybe you should do a recording of your supposedly heavily breathing and share with us
Old 2012-05-02, 04:57   Link #52
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Had fun with the game.

Now I'm going to collect all the IRTA reports.

Old 2012-05-02, 09:46   Link #53
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Maybe you should do a recording of your supposedly heavily breathing and share with us
Ooh, could I also include bonus tracks like my voice constantly playing in the background of my own game because the guy I'm playing with's volume on his tv and wireless mic are both maxed, followed by an ear-piercing beeping sound as said mic runs out of batteries? Or my friend's mic picking up his dog barking for 10 minutes straight with him refusing to turn it off?

Also, everyone should try saying "Love you" in the mic to Charlie if they haven't already. His response is hilarious, you can literally feel the hatred dripping from his words.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:06   Link #54
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

I played the demo when it went on the JP PSN Store. Ended up getting it first day. Can't seem to get the voice recognition to work for some reason... And the team AI is ridiculously bad because they keep running in front of you and nothing else most of the time.

Other than that, it's a good game. Best part is probably shattering the robots of course!

As for online... I don't know why the Yakuza Team made the 50 wave Invasions a bronze trophy on the PS3... The last few waves are immensely tough.

That said, once you have a team that knows what they're doing, the first 40 waves feel really slow and boring.

I'd like to see more Western players on though because there's too much lag with JP players D:

My tag's "xcompr" by the way if anyone needs help beating the invasions. Just drop me a message.

And you can play the game in Japanese if you set your PS3 to Japanese =P
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:38   Link #55
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Ha, just my luck; I've wanted to try the invasion mode pretty badly but I bought this on 360 specifically because I could never find anyone to play multiplayer games with on PS3.
Old 2012-05-11, 17:56   Link #56
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Finally . I collected all the IRTA reports. And it's all good...

Old 2012-05-13, 03:26   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
I played the demo when it went on the JP PSN Store. Ended up getting it first day. Can't seem to get the voice recognition to work for some reason... And the team AI is ridiculously bad because they keep running in front of you and nothing else most of the time.

Other than that, it's a good game. Best part is probably shattering the robots of course!

As for online... I don't know why the Yakuza Team made the 50 wave Invasions a bronze trophy on the PS3... The last few waves are immensely tough.

That said, once you have a team that knows what they're doing, the first 40 waves feel really slow and boring.

I'd like to see more Western players on though because there's too much lag with JP players D:

My tag's "xcompr" by the way if anyone needs help beating the invasions. Just drop me a message.

And you can play the game in Japanese if you set your PS3 to Japanese =P
Other than that it's only on the demo I found the players that runs in front of you. The thing that most annoyed me is them calling you to approve something so I just scream go and they go for it. I think it also needs a high trust level.

Haven't been online yet, but this is a good aside from Mass Effect and yes I love the detail when taking down the robots.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:38   Link #58
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ladies and gentlemen, the music of Binary Domain by Mitsuharu Fukuyama.

Old 2013-08-06, 09:02   Link #59
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Found this article on suggestions for a Binary Domain 2.

Does anyone know how many were sold?

I'm also doing this TV Tropes character article since the wiki's so underdeveloped.

Tags
360, binary domain, pc/windows, ps3