AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-16, 14:00   Link #1241
jrdragon2006
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: u.s.a
quick question before his memory loss.i heard touma had a dream of what he will go through.is that true? i don't remember reading that in vol 1
jrdragon2006 is offline  
Old 2012-05-16, 16:52   Link #1242
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Its in the manga.

I guess the manga author thought he could get away with it as a joke.
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 00:25   Link #1243
FallenHero
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Alright guys I have a question. I know Imagine Breaker is not an esper ability, but is Touma an actual esper?
FallenHero is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 00:39   Link #1244
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero View Post
Alright guys I have a question. I know Imagine Breaker is not an esper ability, but is Touma an actual esper?
He's neither an esper or a magician just a normal teenager with a "peculiar" ability as Aleister Crowley and others have stated.
__________________
Kirito is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 01:02   Link #1245
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
The problem is that technically he did go through the program, and we know that even Level Zeros have the smallest, of tiniest, of AIM field.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 02:32   Link #1246
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The problem is that technically he did go through the program, and we know that even Level Zeros have the smallest, of tiniest, of AIM field.
Yes, but doesn't Imagine Breaker negate AIM Fields?
__________________
Masuzu is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 02:38   Link #1247
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Yes, but doesn't Imagine Breaker negate AIM Fields?
Yes it does, but that part of his brain that has been alter wouldn't revert back to normal.

What FallenHero asked is whether Touma is an Esper or not, well if he had gone through all the drugging and hypnosis then yes he is.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 02:41   Link #1248
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Yes, but doesn't Imagine Breaker negate AIM Fields?
I think it's possible considering that Hyouka Kazakiri is made out of AIM Fields that espers produce. It's also part of the reasons why she's nervous to go near him because of the right hand.
__________________
Kirito is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 11:03   Link #1249
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
I have a theory that Kamijou may not have actually been through the program. After all, the people in charge know it wont do squat, so why would they waste the resources?

Especially when there's the possiblity, however remote, that it'll fuck the thing inside of him up.

So they go through the motions, tell him he's undergoing the curriculum, and he has no reason to suspect otherwise.
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 20:19   Link #1250
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I have a theory that Kamijou may not have actually been through the program. After all, the people in charge know it wont do squat, so why would they waste the resources?

Especially when there's the possiblity, however remote, that it'll fuck the thing inside of him up.

So they go through the motions, tell him he's undergoing the curriculum, and he has no reason to suspect otherwise.
You may be correct Touma is classafide as a Gemstone (an esper who has got his/her power without artificial method such as Power Curriculum Program ) to even members of the board and only a very few know he isn't. It is unclear if Gemstones go through any of the body modifacation in the PCP.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 20:33   Link #1251
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
You may be correct Touma is classafide as a Gemstone (an esper who has got his/her power without artificial method such as Power Curriculum Program ) to even members of the board and only a very few know he isn't. It is unclear if Gemstones go through any of the body modifacation in the PCP.
Touma isn't a gemstione, read th SS2 for further info.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 20:47   Link #1252
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I have a theory that Kamijou may not have actually been through the program. After all, the people in charge know it wont do squat, so why would they waste the resources?

Especially when there's the possiblity, however remote, that it'll fuck the thing inside of him up.

So they go through the motions, tell him he's undergoing the curriculum, and he has no reason to suspect otherwise.
This actually makes a lot of sense. It explains why Touma gives off no AIM. If he was actually a level 0 he would give off an AIM field even if it is invisible to the natural eye like the other level 0s. AIM is made by the brain right? So his right hand wouldn't have any effect on it.

I guess we'll have to wait for the explanation of Touma's power to find out for sure though.
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 20:54   Link #1253
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Touma isn't a gemstione, read th SS2 for further info.
Read carefully what he wrote, "to even members of the board and only a very few know he isn't"

kagato3 knows he's not really a gemstone =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
This actually makes a lot of sense. It explains why Touma gives off no AIM. If he was actually a level 0 he would give off an AIM field even if it is invisible to the natural eye like the other level 0s. AIM is made by the brain right? So his right hand wouldn't have any effect on it.
Wrong initial assumption; how do you know he doesn't give off AIM when all Level 0s have super weak AIM that is barely detected even with advance machines.

Secondly, even if AIM is produced at the brain, it seems to distribute evenly through the body, case in point the animals not wanting to go near Misaka (any).
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 22:09   Link #1254
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wrong initial assumption; how do you know he doesn't give off AIM when all Level 0s have super weak AIM that is barely detected even with advance machines.

Secondly, even if AIM is produced at the brain, it seems to distribute evenly through the body, case in point the animals not wanting to go near Misaka (any).
We know Touma gives off no AIM because (quoting tvtropes here) "Its outright stated by Hyoka Kazakiri that Imagine Breaker cannot possibly be an Esper ability, because since she is the combination of every Esper's AIM field in Academy City, if Imagine Breaker is indeed an Esper Ability, she'd automatically be erased." So if Touma gave off any AIM at all, Hyoka would absorb it and thus be killed.

Also animals hate Misaka because of the electric field she gives off, not the AIM field.
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 22:26   Link #1255
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
We know Touma gives off no AIM because (quoting tvtropes here) "Its outright stated by Hyoka Kazakiri that Imagine Breaker cannot possibly be an Esper ability, because since she is the combination of every Esper's AIM field in Academy City, if Imagine Breaker is indeed an Esper Ability, she'd automatically be erased." So if Touma gave off any AIM at all, Hyoka would absorb it and thus be killed.

Also animals hate Misaka because of the electric field she gives off, not the AIM field.
Mikoto's AIM (An Involuntary Movement) field IS the electric field you're talking about

From Vol6 Ch1 Pt4:
Quote:
“Something not too difficult. It’s AIM research, and it’s rather related to you.”

On hearing this, Kamijou wonders, what’s AIM? He never heard of it before.

Komoe-sensei seems to be rather mindful about the time as she starts to speed up. However, she still continues to maintain her teaching spirit as she says,

“When you grow older, you’ll understand that this AIM is An Involuntary Movement…which also means ‘no awareness’. And the AIM dispersal field means the same thing. It’s like body temperature, an energy field that naturally radiates out from an esper.”

“Oh, like how Misaka’s body will let out weak magnetic fields, right…?”
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 22:35   Link #1256
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
We know Touma gives off no AIM because (quoting tvtropes here) "Its outright stated by Hyoka Kazakiri that Imagine Breaker cannot possibly be an Esper ability, because since she is the combination of every Esper's AIM field in Academy City, if Imagine Breaker is indeed an Esper Ability, she'd automatically be erased." So if Touma gave off any AIM at all, Hyoka would absorb it and thus be killed.
That only proves that Imagine Breaker isn't an Esper ability, which we already knew, but doesn't prove that he doesn't have an AIM field from going through the Initial Power curriculum program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Also animals hate Misaka because of the electric field she gives off, not the AIM field.
That IS her AIM field.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 22:46   Link #1257
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
"Oh, like how Misaka's body will let put weak magnetic fields right... ?"
It says like how Misaka's body puts out weak magnetic fields.

Quote:
That only proves that Imagine Breaker isn't an Esper ability, which we already knew, but doesn't prove that he doesn't have an AIM field from going through the Initial Power curriculum program.
Alright, true. I guess there's really no way to know for sure until we find out more about Touma's power. (Hopefully we will next volume cause he's going to be with two people who know what his power is)
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 22:51   Link #1258
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
It says like how Misaka's body puts out weak magnetic fields.
Well what exactly do you think an AIM field is?

A subconscious emission of the Esper ability in it's smallest amounts.

Misaka's ability is to produce Electricity, and so her AIM field is that electromagnetic field.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 23:08   Link #1259
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Imagine Breaker would have negated any AIM field that might have been produced, no?
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2012-05-23, 02:53   Link #1260
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
^ yeah but that doesn't change the fact that he can produce it no? ^^"
__________________
Justice will prevail.
Forever and ever.
desrtsku is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.