AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-24, 04:39   Link #4321
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Hey Purdy. Welcome to the thread.

1. Yep, after his bike got demolished in the accident he had, he wanted to buy a new one. He found some super awesome bike (or just the engine?) he wanted to have at all costs and because he lacked the money he proposed to Hilde so he could use their joined assets. Of course he didn't tell her that. He told her he'd swear off women and alcohol but in the end Hilde married him because he would cut "the stupid braid."
Don't look at me, I didn't write it.

2. I don't know what the significance of the music box is yet but what I know is that there is (and has been for years now) an EW novelization, which features said music box. I don't know if Sumizawa wrote that novel (doubt it) but so far he has incorporated it and Preventer 5 the way they originally are, without silly additions like obscure kinships or what have you. For all intents and purposes the music box is probably a memento of Leia Barton which she gave to her daughter before she died or something. Or perhaps they incorporated it to add to her little speech about life being like an endless waltz (I think it plays that song).
Now how and why it ended up in Heero's hands, I have no idea.

3. Nope, "Interlude of the Heart" Part 1 is all we have right now. Part 2 will be available whenever Ace is out and Deacon feels like it. But to be honest, the chapter wasn't that bad. In fact, I find it to be one of the best of the entire novel. Less crazy, more awesome.

4. lol His name can be translated as either Marticus or Martix. I don't have the time right now to summarize all their back stories but as far as I can see the gundam wikia covers the most important aspects.
As for what the significance of all the back story is... *shrug* I guess we'll have to wait and see?

5. I'm very fuzzy on the details because I honestly can't be bothered to care much, so you should probably take the others' word for it but from what I remember it was more fighting between Heero and co. and Relena's followers, which ended in Heero convincing his folks to surrender so that he could be captured and brought to Relena to kill her. And let's not forget that he shed manly tears at the thought of it.

Hope that helps a little.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 11:29   Link #4322
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
付録はザクザクトランプ。
2012年6月16日に東京でガンダムSEEDイベント開催決定。


■ガンダムWフローズンティアドロップ
P338-
今月は「胸臆の間奏曲-プリベンター5<中編>」
カラー表紙はドロシー、サリィ、レディ・アン。
新しいモノクロ挿絵はありません。

やっとプロメテウスの機体公開!

単行本6巻は2012/6/25発売予定。


来月号からはシン・マツナガ視点の連載がスタート。

Prometheus lineart finally!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 11:55   Link #4323
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
any news on a potential anime adaptation for this?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:32   Link #4324
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
any news on a potential anime adaptation for this?
well, we dont get crossbone or astray anime so zero i say.
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 14:14   Link #4325
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well, we dont get crossbone or astray anime so zero i say.
Frozen Teardrop was created for an anime adaption iirc
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 14:33   Link #4326
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
■ガンダムwフローズンティアドロップ
p338-
今月は「胸臆の間奏曲-プリベンター5<中編>」
カラー表紙はドロシー、サリィ、レディ・アン。
新しいモノクロ挿絵はありません。

やっとプロメテウスの機体公開!

p336-337は見開きで緑川光さんのインタ掲載。
「ヒイロ&デュオ」sdフィギュアプレゼントキャンペーンの
詳細は次号とのこと。イラストが掲載されている
「プロメテウス」の全貌公開は次号。

単行本6巻は2012/6/25発売予定。


父であり上司であるノーヴェ・ノイエンハイムから
「p.p.p.p(プロトタイプパーフェクトピースプログラム)」を
修復・改良・起動するようにと渡されたディズヌフだが起動の条件
「ピースクラフト家の人間」「aiのサム」を読み解きはするものの
なかなか「サム」を見つけられない。
徹底的に調査した結果「サム」はサンクキングダム城の大広間に
かけられたマルティネス・ピースクラフト王の肖像画に
存在する可能性が高いことが分かった。
肖像画はネオ・チタニュウムの特集防御シールドが施されており
空襲や火災にあっても現在の場所にかかったままだからだ。
そのためディズヌフは10数名のテロリストを雇い、リリーナたちを
はじめとする政府要人を人質にとりサンクキングダム城に立てこもったのだ。
「p.p.p.p(プロトタイプパーフェクトピースプログラム)」とは
大多数の人間にある種の薬を投与し、命令に従わぬ時があれば
システムを作動させて虐殺するというプログラムである。
ディズヌフの真なる目的は「p.p.p(パーフェクトピースプログラム)」を
起動させることだった。

ディズヌフによるリリーナの説得が上手くいかないまま城の裏庭には
デュオと五飛のコンビが、上空からはサリィの乗ったvyol機が、
城の地下シェルターをキャンサーでこじ開けたヒイロが潜入する。
リリーナと出会ったヒイロは戦い抜く決意を宣言するが
リリーナは以前のヒイロが「もう誰も殺さない」と言ったことを
忘れてはいなかった。
以下次号。

来月号からはシン・マツナガ視点の連載がスタート。

Prometheus lineart only next month
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 15:20   Link #4327
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Only Pro line art and no chapter for either FT or GoL?

I'm happy that we will get full line art for one of the Mechs but skipping out on both stories for it is more then I was really wanting to trade.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 15:39   Link #4328
Aldaeus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Behind you.
Perhaps getting stuff ready to stage/step the line art in a domino chain... like next month we get Prometheus's line art with a color image of say Warlock, then following month get its line art with a color shot of Scheherazade, and finally a color shot of Snow White then the grunt suits... just a possibility but it could make sense to do something like that similar to how they did the EW versions of the others for Glory.

There are details according to that of things happening with the Frozen Teardrop stuff from what I can decipher from the meh google translate version... more of the Preventer 5 stuff and Dix's evil plan being partially pointed out from the looks of it.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 16:38   Link #4329
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Perhaps getting stuff ready to stage/step the line art in a domino chain... like next month we get Prometheus's line art with a color image of say Warlock, then following month get its line art with a color shot of Scheherazade, and finally a color shot of Snow White then the grunt suits... just a possibility but it could make sense to do something like that similar to how they did the EW versions of the others for Glory.

There are details according to that of things happening with the Frozen Teardrop stuff from what I can decipher from the meh google translate version... more of the Preventer 5 stuff and Dix's evil plan being partially pointed out from the looks of it.
Kinda hoping they save Snow White for last. Show the other 3 and Tallgeese Heaven.

I also have a crazy theory that this is actually leading to a Wing Gundam Zero EW 2.0 of all things. If Snow White is similar to Wing Zero, I think Bandai could very well start 2.0's with AU Gundam's simply because I really don't believe they would reuse Wing EW's inner frame from 2k4 on what is a brand new suit in 2013.

Them putting Snow White for last could also help with this because I find it unlikely that Wing Zero would be the first AU 2.0, more it could be Strike would follow after Aegis or Justice as the first and have Zero be the second.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:10   Link #4330
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Anyone else feel bad reading this? It makes Endless Waltz seem pointless considering they did destroy their own Gundams than... They have more Gundams made anyway? It also seems a rehash of the TV series plot with Zechs(Relena now...), Heero going to "Kill" Relena again, a Duo carbon copy, A female Quatre(Fanfics should be pleased shipping "Quatre" with the other Wing boys now), and a Trowa clone....

I feel bad for Wufei, he didn't even get a clone to take up his place in Heero's team of forever young and bishie...
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:41   Link #4331
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Anyone else feel bad reading this? It makes Endless Waltz seem pointless considering they did destroy their own Gundams than... They have more Gundams made anyway? It also seems a rehash of the TV series plot with Zechs(Relena now...), Heero going to "Kill" Relena again, a Duo carbon copy, A female Quatre(Fanfics should be pleased shipping "Quatre" with the other Wing boys now), and a Trowa clone....

I feel bad for Wufei, he didn't even get a clone to take up his place in Heero's team of forever young and bishie...
Doesn't seem like you've actually read it considering you are claiming people are on teams and have "clones". Duo Jr, Quatrine and Phobos only look like other characters. They have completely different personalities. Relena isn't doing anything like Zechs did in the TV show and the plot is nothing like Wing TV.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:42   Link #4332
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Oh, trust us. We've been ridiculing it since the first day things took a turn for the strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Doesn't seem like you've actually read it considering you are claiming people are on teams and have "clones". Duo Jr, Quatrine and Phobos only look like other characters. They have completely different personalities. Relena isn't doing anything like Zechs did in the TV show and the plot is nothing like Wing TV.
Same difference. Most of us are well aware that Duo Jr, Quaterine, and Trowa Phobos only look like them. Doesn't stop us from calling them clones because, thematically speaking, that's exactly what they are. Sumisawa couldn't even be bothered to make new appearances for them. Or new names, for that matter.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:50   Link #4333
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Doesn't seem like you've actually read it considering you are claiming people are on teams and have "clones". Duo Jr, Quatrine and Phobos only look like other characters. They have completely different personalities. Relena isn't doing anything like Zechs did in the TV show and the plot is nothing like Wing TV.
They are clones in looks and name, there's no reason to do that unless they wanted to try recapture, and rehash, the magic while ageing everyone "but" Heero and Relena. And yes I've read it and it seems like it retcons a lot of the TV Series and EW seems completely invalidated by the story itself. What was the point in destroying the Gundams again if they went right to work making new ones afterward?

Doesn't change that she's wearing the mask and took the name Zechs. There was no need for it, yet they made her take up the mantle since apparently Heero must fight Zechs even if Zechs isn't actually Zechs this time.

I'm also not likeing how they handled Hilde and her looming death to try and make Duo's clone seem interesting and maybe have Duo show some emotion. I mean "Father" Maxwell.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 22:25   Link #4334
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They are clones in looks and name, there's no reason to do that unless they wanted to try recapture, and rehash, the magic while ageing everyone "but" Heero and Relena. And yes I've read it and it seems like it retcons a lot of the TV Series and EW seems completely invalidated by the story itself. What was the point in destroying the Gundams again if they went right to work making new ones afterward?

Doesn't change that she's wearing the mask and took the name Zechs. There was no need for it, yet they made her take up the mantle since apparently Heero must fight Zechs even if Zechs isn't actually Zechs this time.

I'm also not likeing how they handled Hilde and her looming death to try and make Duo's clone seem interesting and maybe have Duo show some emotion. I mean "Father" Maxwell.
What retcons? They destroyed the Gundams because they figured war was over. If you hadn't noticed Earth isn't experiencing war problems. Mars is. They couldn't see into the future. They couldn't see what would happen on a totally different planet. They didn't immediately start on the new suits. It took like 10+ years for events to head in that direction. Hilde isn't even confirmed dead. In fact Requiem of Chains III hints at her being alive with Duo saying he had nothing to say to her. Duo is worn out and bitter over life. People don't stay the same from 15 to 40+. Relena isn't wearing the mask all the time or using the name. Heero hasn't even fought any Zechs in this. Zechs isn't even on his mind. That Zechs in the Epyon is a problem for real Zechs and Wufei. Heero is focused on Relena and Quatrine. I'd say Quatrine is more of a rival for him now.


I swear. People whine about this novel for the most juvenile reasons and get information wrong all the time when they whine.

Last edited by Tendou Souji; 2012-05-24 at 22:36.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 23:44   Link #4335
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
No, they destroyed the Gundams for more reasons than just that. It was the symbol of it as well. Than it turns out that right after they blow up the Gundams and try and aim for a beter future that "New" Gundams were already being worked on and Heero had one already pre-picked for him whether he agreed to or not. Since you know they froze him so he could eternally remain bishie and young while everyone goes grey.

Doesn't change that they are spitting on EW and rehashing the TV Wing plot with Heero piloting a Gundam, must kill "Relena", he must fight "Zechs", and he's teaming up with a Duo and Trowa clone and there's a genderbent Quatre(The fanfic writers must be swimming in this) clone running around.

You say 10+ years than suddenly say Duo is 40? Do you even understand what you're saying and how little sense it makes?

Yes she is, she's the new Zechs. She knows what that mask and name means and she's using it anyway so Heero can have his Zechs to fight. After all, they're trying to rehash everything else from the TV series so why not bring back Zechs even though Milliardo dropped that name and mask ages ago.

The novel could have been something great but it seems to just be a fanfic writers dream gone wild only they lacked the ability to develop a new plot so they just brought back the same old TV plot while dropping all of Heero's growth and literally stopping his ageing as well. And before you complain about others being wrong you should check your facts first. Seriously, Duo 40+ years old in Frozen Teardrop?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 00:35   Link #4336
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reusing common elements isn't rehashing.

if it was a simple rehash Frozen Teardrop wouldn't be met with so much scorn.

Also his Duo 40 plus comment is correct. It has been about 30 Earth years since Heero and Relena were frozen and on top of that Duo is actually aging faster then normal and we aren't given a reason yet, so the 40+ is very much correct.

Trying to claim that Frozen Teardrop is a rehash is pointless as it isn't true, just as it isn't true that it's wrong to bring back the Gundams.

The fact is that we had a Manga that had a halfway built Wing Zero after Endless Waltz not to mention when they inserted AC/Wing into the CC mobile suits being used in the future has been par the course for over a decade now and pointing a finger at FT for doing it is the real short sighted problem.

The novel has issues, that much is obivious. However alot the arguements so far aren't very well thought out in the slightest. The clones are dumb, alot of the back story has severe issues and even some of the present stuff should have been rethought.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 00:39   Link #4337
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
You are overly simplifying things. It wasn't right after. The "new" Gundams already had their frames built but whoever started them. Quatre didn't discover them until sometime after MC16. Around MC18 since it took 6 Mars years to "complete" them. Trowa and Catherine migrated to Mars in First Summer MC14. Remember that time passes differently on Earth and Mars due to distance from the sun. About double the time passes on Earth. Heero was frozen for whatever reason. We will find out when this current arc is finished which is directly showing what lead up to everything. Stop complaining and wait.

How are they spitting on Endless Waltz? How was Endless Waltz a good ending? War ended forever and ever? That is stupid and you know it. Heero is the main character of a Gundam series. He is going to pilot a Gundam. I don't know what you were expecting. Maybe you should look at a different franchise? Heero isn't fighting a Zechs. He is fighting Katherine. Relena isn't Zechs. She isn't seen as Zechs. Stop saying that.

You must not understand math. Frozen Teardrop was said to take place 20-30 years after EW. Duo was around 17 in Wing 20+17=37 which is the youngest he could be. It took over ten years for things to escalate to the point that they needed to make MS. They didn't randomly need MS directly after Endless Waltz. IIRC Quatrine was 5 when she first piloted that suit she stole. She is 9 in the current story. She trained for around 4 Mars years aka 8 Earth years. Now, the original pilots felt they needed to find pilots. They didn't have Quatrine until she was 5 aka 10 Earth years. That right there is 10 years alone. Add in the development time which took 6 Mars years and 12 Earth years. You have a lot of time unaccounted for in which they didn't have Mobile Suits. Endless Waltz was not spat on. They didn't start to immediately build suits. They had over 10 years of peace at the very least before they started building suits.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Read the novel before you bash it. It is in no way rehashing the TV Series. In fact, aside from the "clones" people are complaining that it is straying too far from the TV series with Nano Machines, MS Illusions, Snow Whites ice and fire attacks etc
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 02:43   Link #4338
Eeni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: refrigerator box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
You are overly simplifying things. It wasn't right after. The "new" Gundams already had their frames built but whoever started them. Quatre didn't discover them until sometime after MC16. Around MC18 since it took 6 Mars years to "complete" them. Trowa and Catherine migrated to Mars in First Summer MC14. Remember that time passes differently on Earth and Mars due to distance from the sun. About double the time passes on Earth. Heero was frozen for whatever reason. We will find out when this current arc is finished which is directly showing what lead up to everything. Stop complaining and wait.

How are they spitting on Endless Waltz? How was Endless Waltz a good ending? War ended forever and ever? That is stupid and you know it. Heero is the main character of a Gundam series. He is going to pilot a Gundam. I don't know what you were expecting. Maybe you should look at a different franchise? Heero isn't fighting a Zechs. He is fighting Katherine. Relena isn't Zechs. She isn't seen as Zechs. Stop saying that.

You must not understand math. Frozen Teardrop was said to take place 20-30 years after EW. Duo was around 17 in Wing 20+17=37 which is the youngest he could be. It took over ten years for things to escalate to the point that they needed to make MS. They didn't randomly need MS directly after Endless Waltz. IIRC Quatrine was 5 when she first piloted that suit she stole. She is 9 in the current story. She trained for around 4 Mars years aka 8 Earth years. Now, the original pilots felt they needed to find pilots. They didn't have Quatrine until she was 5 aka 10 Earth years. That right there is 10 years alone. Add in the development time which took 6 Mars years and 12 Earth years. You have a lot of time unaccounted for in which they didn't have Mobile Suits. Endless Waltz was not spat on. They didn't start to immediately build suits. They had over 10 years of peace at the very least before they started building suits.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Read the novel before you bash it. It is in no way rehashing the TV Series. In fact, aside from the "clones" people are complaining that it is straying too far from the TV series with Nano Machines, MS Illusions, Snow Whites ice and fire attacks etc
Mmmm.... I think what people are trying to say here, as to what most of the discontent is that alot of the characters are physically carbon copies of the original cast, except for WuFei who doesn't get his own "clone" (and by clone I mean carbon copy character). A random hobo from Mars just happens to look nearly identical to Trowa Barton? Duo Jr. looks EXACTLY like Duo, and we're not even sure yet if he is Duo's son (most probably not because the timeline makes it impossible for him to be Hilde & Duo's. He could, maybe, be Duo & someone else's, but even then the timeline is cutting it too close). Apparently, all the females in the Peacecraft family have a tendency to look exactly like one another. Zechs & Noin's kids are copies of them, just gender switched... and a whole lot more that I am sure we will get to see in the future as this project continues to torpedo us.

As far as the story goes... we really don't have much of a story, it's really a lot of useless history/ backstory. But overall, it still feels more like a 15 year old girl writing a fanfic rather then a professional series writer. Many of the aspects of the story are farfetched (even for this series) and other aspects just contradict much of what has already been established for the characters the series and OVA.

However, to be fair to Sumizawa, he isn't really publishing a novel more then he is a script, hence it's hard to follow for the vast majority of people. Script writing and novel writing are two totally different beasts. As a script, Frozen Teardrop it's pretty good and clear. As a novel, it blows chuncks.

And as far as the timeline goes, we can't even trust it because its wrong from the very beginning! Dates and ages aren't corresponding to the information we are being given, which makes FT that much more of a really bad joke... which saddens me (but no one really cares about me being sad).
__________________
There was never a great talent without a bit of insanity.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 03:38   Link #4339
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
If Unicorn never had an anime adaptation, I doubt that I would take someone named Full Frontal seriously imo, even if he is a Char clone. Either way, adapting FT into anime would probably simplify things.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 09:58   Link #4340
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
All in all, most people consider Frozen Teardrop a look into why Sumisawa was kicked off Wing's writing team halfway through the show.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.