AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-26, 08:44   Link #241
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm a bit surprised to find myself doing this, but I'm going to write a bit of a defense of Mikono here. I'm not as big a fan of her's as I once was, but I still think she's a good, solid character.

The thing with Mikono - and actually one of the main things that her and Amata have in common (which could help to explain their attraction to one another) - is that Mikono is a "Go with the flow" sort of person.

She just goes with her emotions, and tries her best to handle new situations as they arise. But like Amata, she's not very proactive. That's probably why neither has confessed to the other one yet - Each would probably prefer it if the other one took the romantic lead, but neither of them are good at taking decisive action to solve their issues.

That's not to say that Mikono doesn't have a jealous/vaguely tsundere-esque edge to her. She does. But honestly, that's always made her more interesting to me. Without that edge, she'd be too much "generic moe", imo (Mikono's character design with a consistently sweet/forgiving personality is just too prototype conventional moe, imo).


As for Zessica, I still like her a lot. In fact, her level of dedication to Amata is quite touching in a weird (and admittedly a touch disturbed) sort of way. But even if it is a "bit much", I can't help but view it in a largely positive light.

It's just that I can see where kuro and others are coming from. Zessica's character had a real nice edge to it in the first few episodes. Remember her fights with MIX over whether or not it would be good to union with boys, over what's acceptable dress, etc...? Those fights really put an exclamation mark on Zessica's character, I found. The happy-go-lucky free spirited Zessica is one I miss a bit. So I hope we see that again eventually.

But no doubt Zessica-in-love can be rather cute.


I'll leave it at that.
__________________
Triple_R is online now  
Old 2012-05-26, 09:27   Link #242
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's just that I can see where kuro and others are coming from. Zessica's character had a real nice edge to it in the first few episodes. Remember her fights with MIX over whether or not it would be good to union with boys, over what's acceptable dress, etc...? Those fights really put an exclamation mark on Zessica's character, I found. The happy-go-lucky free spirited Zessica is one I miss a bit. So I hope we see that again eventually.
Just to reiterate - my problem is not that she stopped being genki. It's that she became all about her love for Amata, a completely one-note character, and to make it worse, a horribly wangsty one at that. She would've deserved much better than this.

(Not commenting on Mikono stuff because ugh, bashing.)
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 09:38   Link #243
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Mikono go with the flow? Not anymore. Mikono started out weak but has gradually started taking control of her life and the more responsibility she takes up the farther she gets from Amata(Hence why she didn't even think about Amata while she was searching for Fudo while Amata couldn't stop thinking and dreaming about her). Amata on the other hand doesn't seem to have changed that much up until Zessica's supposed death where he stops being a wimp and finally grows a pair. I want to see him actually put up a fight against Kagura, put all that training to good use darn it!

Now things are turning out differently, Mikono chose to mature quickly when she decided to find Fudo and try and understand things while Amata was forced to face reality because of what has happened to Zessica. Mikono has developed nicely in that regard but I will never forgive her for leading Amata on, tormenting Zessica with her indecision, and it would like flipping everyone off if she gets both Amata and Kagura instead of having to be choose just like Zessica and Amata were forced to make choices and deal with the consequences of their choice.

Zessica choosing to love Amata and trying to let him be happy with Mikono, who does nothing to further this even after Amata had to face Zessica about this, only to give in to despair because letting go of love isn't easy. Especially not when they have to see each other every day and she's reminded constantly what could have been. Amata has to deal with Zessica's love, that he doesn't return until it's too late, and Mikono leaving him on a journey of her own, that he wasn't allowed to come on, and her fawning over Kagura that Amata can't get out of his head. The only one in the triangle between Zessica, Amata, and Mikono that hasn't had to suffer or face any consequences for her actions is Mikono who can rely on Amata to blindly follow her(as Zessica suffers), even as she leads him on still, and she thinks of Kagura.

Mikono's jealousy is being milked way too hard. She heard it from Amata's mouth that he wants her and she was there when Amata put down Zessica. Yet she still has her jealous moments even though Zessica lost, at that point but that's in question now if she still lives(Due to his heart now resonating for Mikono "And" Zessica) and is suffering from despair. This sorta makes Mikono appear like a heartless witch. If they were trying to portray her in a better light they failed in that regard, that's why Zessica is simply more popular than Mikono(who is also voted high in polls for most unforgivable characters) and many are rooting for Zessica. She's honest about her feelings, knows what she wants, loves Amata for who he is, and even tries to make things work for Amata's happiness after Amata says no. While Mikono is torn over who she likes, doesn't know what she wants from Amata or Kagura, and leads Amata on while never committing to anything. Kinda hard to like someone like that, she's what you call a "tease" and no one likes a tease, not when they have a good girl like Zessica right there that would do anything for them.

Zessica is sorta like that girl that you want to win while Mikono is "that" girl that most likely will win(The Tomboyish girl almost never wins in love triangles sadly) but you don't want her to win because compared to Zessica she isn't very likeable and comes off as a huge tease that's inconsiderate to the feelings of those around her.

Time changes everything, even Mikono changed from her initial appeareance and barely resembles the weak girl she was at the start of the Anime that couldn't do anything on her own. The only issue is that Amata took 21 episodes to actually mature and it took a supposed death from Zessica to get his head in the game. Up to that point he was still acting like his Episode 1 self that fawns over Mikono and that never going anywhere yet he still chases her despite being lead on and having a perfectly likeable girl, Zessica, right next to him but he's too focused on Mikono to actually notice in that way. So for the first time he put someone else, Zessica, over Mikono as a priority which was a huge show of growth from him which hopefully means he'll keep his pair from here on out and not regress back to his Episode 1 self.

However they may just troll the fanbase and have Amata lose to Kagura in the fight and forget all about Zessica and chase after Mikono again which would be a huge disservice to his character and denies him even the chance at growth.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-05-26 at 09:51.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 09:56   Link #244
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm a bit surprised to find myself doing this, but I'm going to write a bit of a defense of Mikono here. I'm not as big a fan of her's as I once was, but I still think she's a good, solid character.

The thing with Mikono - and actually one of the main things that her and Amata have in common (which could help to explain their attraction to one another) - is that Mikono is a "Go with the flow" sort of person.

She just goes with her emotions, and tries her best to handle new situations as they arise. But like Amata, she's not very proactive. That's probably why neither has confessed to the other one yet - Each would probably prefer it if the other one took the romantic lead, but neither of them are good at taking decisive action to solve their issues.

That's not to say that Mikono doesn't have a jealous/vaguely tsundere-esque edge to her. She does. But honestly, that's always made her more interesting to me. Without that edge, she'd be too much "generic moe", imo (Mikono's character design with a consistently sweet/forgiving personality is just too prototype conventional moe, imo).
Its not just that Mikono is not proactive, I think that Mikono is also a bit afraid of being proactive as well, and no wonder considering how much a jerk her father is, she probably grew up afraid of really expressing herself, or not really knowing how (even though this tidbit was introduced late).

But she does have a bit of laid back personality so long she doesn't feel threatened.

With Zessica basically I agree with kuromitsu, even though her reaction to falling for Amata was realistic it was just too overblown. To the point where she is now just defined by her unrequited love for Amata.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 10:03   Link #245
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That's true I guess, I mean Apollo was incomplete but that didn't stop Sylivia(Who was also incomplete) in Aquarion from falling for the guy. Mikono does come off as a bit greedy since she can't choose either of them, so merging them means she doesn't have to choose or make any sacrifices thus getting to eat her cake and have her ice cream while telling a starving Zessica she can't have any.
It's even worse in that regard. But I'm more concerned about the fact it would destroy 2 characters.

@destined fate

I don't think Mikono deserves all the hate she gets because at the end of the day her only crime is showing mercy to Kagura (I'm a KaguraxMikono fag and so far I don't really see romantic feelings from Mikono part - I wish they could be here, but it hasn't be shown yet -unless you trust Mykage's words about the awakening of the 12 000 years old love in episode 12) and having vague feelings and lack of concern for Amata that can't compare to what Zessica has demonstrated.

Of course it's infuriating to think she's in a better position on the romance front than the more loving, guenuine and caring Zessica, but she isn't the monster some people are making her to be. Reading their post, you could think she's more evil than Mykage...

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-26 at 10:19.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 10:06   Link #246
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It's even worse in that regard. But I'm more concerned about the fact it would destroy 2 characters.
Well yeah there's that but Kagura is pretty underdeveloped so I'm sure there are those that wouldn't miss him being erased into Amata. Than again Amata isn't any better since it took him 21 episodes to grow past his blind love for Mikono and actually care about the well being of another over her well being even if it's just for this moment. All this does is make viewers hate Mikono more(Since she may fuse them together and get both guys at the same time and not have to make any hard decisions or suffer any consequences) and hate Amata for taking so long to return Zessica's feelings in some way.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 10:37   Link #247
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well yeah there's that but Kagura is pretty underdeveloped so I'm sure there are those that wouldn't miss him being erased into Amata. Than again Amata isn't any better since it took him 21 episodes to grow past his blind love for Mikono and actually care about the well being of another over her well being even if it's just for this moment. All this does is make viewers hate Mikono more(Since she may fuse them together and get both guys at the same time and not have to make any hard decisions or suffer any consequences) and hate Amata for taking so long to return Zessica's feelings in some way.
It's perfectly understandable.

That's why you can ask yourself about the writers competences if they are going the straight usual route.

Hopefully they aren't.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 10:40   Link #248
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Well they enjoy trolling us all so they might not go that route and actually make Mikono face some actual consequences for her indecision that actually effects her. Not just Amata and Zessica suffering(Since really their suffering has done nothing to effect her, she could care less if they suffer over her indecision), I want her to actually have to deal with her choice of not choosing up to this point and Amata to speak his mind and his anger over the loss of Zessica. Not Amata to forget everything and scream "Mikono~!" while Kagura holds her.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 11:47   Link #249
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well they enjoy trolling us all so they might not go that route and actually make Mikono face some actual consequences for her indecision that actually effects her. Not just Amata and Zessica suffering(Since really their suffering has done nothing to effect her, she could care less if they suffer over her indecision), I want her to actually have to deal with her choice of not choosing up to this point and Amata to speak his mind and his anger over the loss of Zessica. Not Amata to forget everything and scream "Mikono~!" while Kagura holds her.
So you're saying that Amata should blame this entire thing, even Zessica's supposed demise, on Mikono? Even though her "indecisiveness" had nothing to do with this?

I think it should be..

"Zessica has been there for me this entire time, and I didn't realize it."* Cue heartwarming realization sequence*

Instead of..

"Zessica has been there for me this entire time, and I didn't realize it because of Mikono!"*Cue childish temper tantrum*

Even if Mikono decided to be decisive and confess to Amata before going after Fudo I'm sure Amata still would've followed after her. Because getting Mikono to confess to him wasn't his reason for going after her. It was to protect his loved ones and not be abandoned again. If he forgets that and hates her for something she couldn't prevent and lets Kagura take her to Altair, then what was the point of going after her in the first place? It would be just like the time when Andy blamed Amata for MIX being taken away, instead of looking at himself who was moping the entire time.

So you're saying that she doesn't care about her friends? Even though she decided that she would confess to Amata when she got back so she would'nt hurt them anymore? Even though this whole entire mission she's gone on is to find away to save her friend MIX. Alrighty then.:/

I, myself think that its good enough that she realizes that she was wrong and has decided to do something about it. And I also think that she doesn't deserve to be punished since it's the only "crime" she's commited. People act like she killed someone. >.>

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-05-26 at 13:38.
queenSwild is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 14:04   Link #250
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
It is Mikono's fault for leading him on and her action while Amata is at fault for letting her drag him along and shunning Zessica the entire time and not understanding her feelings all that well(After all, he should have been able to understand since Zessica's situation mirrors his with Mikono who's attracted to Kagura but he didn't. Instead he couldn't let Mikono go, despite her Kagura attraction, while Zessica at least tried to let go for his sake without him understanding this either).

This episode showed that giving Zessica a chance, though the kiss he enjoyed from her was her way to shut him up and get him away but his reaction, and heart reacting to her, after was genuine concern that he's only shown Mikono up to than, resulted in him reacting to her just like he reacts to Mikono(Now he should understand what Mikono feels like having two loves, hopefully). Up to this point he never gave her a chance and at least tried to stay loyal to Mikono even though their relationship was going nowhere because of Mikono being unfaithful.

The first option sounds better but it can't work that way because it would be excluding the negative impact Mikono has had on any possible relationship between Amata and Zessica even if she doesn't understand the full ramifications of her inaction on those two. If she wasn't around Zessica may have been given a chance much earlier, but since Mikono was around and had Amata following her around like a loyal dog it got in the way of any real development with them, whether this was Mikono's intention or not her presence has caused those two much trouble. Her indecisiveness just brought that up to the 11.

Andy blaming Amata is natural, they're friends and Andy doesn't treat girls in the same ways as guys. Amata managed to protect Zessica in that battle yet not Mix, so of course he'll blame Amata even though Amata couldn't have predicted things going that way and tried his hardest. Andy was angry than and now Amata is angry over loss as well, hopefully he keeps that anger and speaks his mind to Mikono about things from their relationship going nowhere and Zessica supposedly dying for him.

Mikono cares for her friends but does nothing to defuse the Amata x Zessica situation and only served to prolong their suffering. Zessica was the one that tried to get over her feelings on her own and tried to defuse her own love so that Amata could be happy despite Mikono just leading him on. None of this lead to any negatives for Mikono and her actions reflected that, she wasn't the one suffering so why should she go the extra miles that Zessica was going through to let Amata be happy(Which shows how great a character she was that she would attempt to deny her own happiness just so the man she loved might find happiness elsewhere despite how much it hurt her)?

Amata was still fawning over just Mikono even when she was thinking of Kagura, so she was getting the attention of both men and loving it. Which makes sense she would want that since she considered herself worthless for the longest time and it's understandable that she wouldn't want those two to stop focusing on her. That still doesn't make her right for her inaction or that she hasn't suffered any consequences yet for said inaction compared to Amata, Zessica, or even Kagura but that's his own fault for chilling with Mykage so Mikono isn't at fault with that.

It's going to seem like she killed someone if Zessica is dead, after all Amata went there for Mikono even if Mikono didn't call for him and it was all Mykage's doing. It would be perfectly fine if he snapped and blamed her for what happened and would help give Amata some nice growth.

As for Mikono confessing... Maybe was going to confess or she was going to let Amata down, we don't really know yet. Whatever the case she was right not to tell him considering the situation but it wasn't right that she continued to lead him on and told him to just "wait for her" like he's been doing since Episode 1. It's extremely strange they had her do that, it doesn't help her case at all especially if it's a confession.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-05-26 at 14:17.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 14:30   Link #251
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Mikono is not unfaithful though.
She may or not may be attracted to Kagura. All we're sure of is that she feels pity for him as well as this nostalgic feel...
Mikono has never shown any will of dumping Amata for Kagura. After all, they haven't spent enough time together for him to be any kind of rival...

You cannot blame everything on Mikono.

Things sure would have worked better for them had Mikono looked more guenuinely interested and acted forward.
But Amata is also responsible, spending his time angsting about Chouchou hating him, or that destiny thing Mikono doesn't even believe in or some super underdog love rival who cannot even spend time with Mikono anyway. Basically angsting over nothing instead of taking action.

After a while I ended up doubting they were really into one another, they were just looking too unmotivated to move the thing forward. Either I'm on something here or just fooled by the sloppy pacing.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-26 at 14:47.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 16:19   Link #252
Guido
Hunger of the Dead
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Kiss

Honestly, the pacing for this twenty-first episode went dragged, and it felt out of place they just conceived at last minute that going full circle with the same town where both Mikono and Amata first met at the beginning of episode one was locked down due to the Abductors attack; the place became a ghost town from its former beauty it once had.

Ok. We got that Zessica made a progress for herself, and in spite of looming death flag, she finally kissed Amata and let him go.

Spoiler:


Mikono and Amata haven't been doing so much to progress their relationship due to lack of time and circumstances, and it's been somewhat sloppy in that front.

I guess with the revelation disclosed between Amata and Kagura we're going to see finally some dramatic progress in the next episode.
__________________

HUNGER FOR THE LIVING IS
TURNING TO A FATE LOST IN
A SEA OF BLOOD AND ENTRAILS
Guido is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 21:55   Link #253
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
The kiss wasn't unrequited because Amata's heart responded to her and wasn't even angry that Zessica was the first person he kissed when before he was obsessing about kissing Mikono but her not committing to even just that. The kiss also changed his priorities, he was only concerned about saving Mikono which is why he went to the city. He than quickly drops that to rush for Zessica's aid which says a lot because Amata sure as heck didn't try anywhere near as much to get Mix back for Andy.

Reasons shown for Attraction - Zessica has been shown over a number of episodes. No reasons are given for Mikono, she just wants Amata... And Kagura.
First Confession - Zessica, Mikono couldn't even do that and she's been hogging up all of Amata's time.
Loves Amata fully - Zessica, Mikono instead obsesses about Kagura and keeping Amata around. This makes Mikono look shallow since she doesn't seem to love Amata without the Kagura factor while Zessica loves Amata for who he is.
Willing to give up own Happiness for Amata to be Happy - Zessica, Mikono wouldn't and continues to lead Amata on and desires Kagura.
Amata's first kiss - Zessica to save him and apparently at the cost of her own life. Zessica showed more love to Amata with this one act than Mikono has shown Amata in all 21 Episodes thus far.

That's a lot of things she has over Mikono which is mystifying since they seem to want to push Amata and Mikono even though they're the least developed couple in EVOL.

If they want to make Mikono likeable and not seem like a cold heartless witch compared to Zessica than they have a TON of work to do and I don't think they can do that considering that there's only like 5 episodes left and we still have the Andy and Mixy thing which may take an entire episode... And the Shrade thing which may take an entire episode because that guy refuses to die despite "dying" since his appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Mikono is not unfaithful though.
She may or not may be attracted to Kagura. All we're sure of is that she feels pity for him as well as this nostalgic feel...
Mikono has never shown any will of dumping Amata for Kagura. After all, they haven't spent enough time together for him to be any kind of rival...

You cannot blame everything on Mikono.

Things sure would have worked better for them had Mikono looked more guenuinely interested and acted forward.
But Amata is also responsible, spending his time angsting about Chouchou hating him, or that destiny thing Mikono doesn't even believe in or some super underdog love rival who cannot even spend time with Mikono anyway. Basically angsting over nothing instead of taking action.

After a while I ended up doubting they were really into one another, they were just looking too unmotivated to move the thing forward. Either I'm on something here or just fooled by the sloppy pacing.
Yes she is. She's leading Amata on but is constantly lusting after Kagura. The worst is that she refuses to commit to either which makes her unforgivable since she could have easily committed by now or rejected already. Instead she prolongs his pain and expects him to "wait for her" like a good boy as he's been doing this entire time.

And you cannot deny that Mikono has played a huge part over the mental state of Zessica and Amata due to her inaction. Sometimes doing nothing can do more harm than doing something.

The problem is that Mikono hasn't done either of those. She wants Amata to focus on her yet doesn't even try to make things work or even looking all that interested unless Zessica is around because she doesn't want to lose Amata's attention to her.

I already said that Amata bears some responsibility, and his constant worrying about every little thing involving Mikono, but most of it lays with Mikono who has suffered not one bit for all the trouble she's caused for Amata and Zessica while those two have had to deal with a ton of issues because of Mikono's inaction.

It's never explained "why" Amata even loves Mikono and Mikono likes him other than that initial spark and lulz Destined Lovers. Even if they are supposedly destined for each other that doesn't give them a free pass to not develop anything between them while pushing and tormenting Zessica so hard if they never intended for her to have a chance. At least she has a reason to love Amata, we saw her fall in love with him in the Anime while Amata and Mikono just love each other just because.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-05-26 at 22:16.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 23:01   Link #254
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The kiss wasn't unrequited because Amata's heart responded to her and wasn't even angry that Zessica was the first person he kissed when before he was obsessing about kissing Mikono but her not committing to even just that. The kiss also changed his priorities, he was only concerned about saving Mikono which is why he went to the city. He than quickly drops that to rush for Zessica's aid which says a lot because Amata sure as heck didn't try anywhere near as much to get Mix back for Andy.
I think he had more thing on his mind then being angry about a kiss. Zessica supposedly died infront of him and you'd think he'd be worried over his first kiss being taken away? Really? He was was never obsessed about kissing Mikono. . Amata choosing to save Zessica from rubble/a collapsing building was not choosing her over Mikono. It was being a good friend. Actually he did try to help MIX by using a Mugen punch but was distracted by that image of his mom. And now he's pretty distracted by the Kagura revelation. I don't see where you're getting you're facts from. It seems like you've just been pulling them out of thin air.


Quote:
Reasons shown for Attraction - Zessica has been shown over a number of episodes. No reasons are given for Mikono, she just wants Amata... And Kagura.
First Confession - Zessica, Mikono couldn't even do that and she's been hogging up all of Amata's time.
Loves Amata fully - Zessica, Mikono instead obsesses about Kagura and keeping Amata around. This makes Mikono look shallow since she doesn't seem to love Amata without the Kagura factor while Zessica loves Amata for who he is.
Willing to give up own Happiness for Amata to be Happy - Zessica, Mikono wouldn't and continues to lead Amata on and desires Kagura.
Amata's first kiss - Zessica to save him and apparently at the cost of her own life. Zessica showed more love to Amata with this one act than Mikono has shown Amata in all 21 Episodes thus far.
Actually Zessica does not have a "reason" for loving Amata. She just fell in love with him all of a sudden after seeing his abs. You seem to say some really untrue things about Mikono, though. Mikono has never loved Amata because he looks like Kagura and has never compared them to each other. She likes Amata for being Amata. Not Kagura.

Quote:
Yes she is. She's leading Amata on but is constantly lusting after Kagura. The worst is that she refuses to commit to either which makes her unforgivable since she could have easily committed by now or rejected already. Instead she prolongs his pain and expects him to "wait for her" like a good boy as he's been doing this entire time.
Mikono does not lust for Kagura constantly, you're really overexagerrating things since he hasn't been brought up by her for about 5 episodes. And when she did bring him up it wasn't because of her "lust" for him, it was because of her guilt for saving him.

She wants him to "wait for her" because she's has more important things to do like find Fudo to rescue MIX. Not because she wants to prolong his suffering.

Quote:
And you cannot deny that Mikono has played a huge part over the mental state of Zessica and Amata due to her inaction. Sometimes doing nothing can do more harm than doing something.

The problem is that Mikono hasn't done either of those. She wants Amata to focus on her yet doesn't even try to make things work or even looking all that interested unless Zessica is around because she doesn't want to lose Amata's attention to her.
Mikono is not the only one who hasn't acted out on her feelings. Zessica decided to angst by herself until recently and Amata hasn't done anything as of late. It was their decisions, Mikono can't do all the work by herself.

She's already stated that she didn't act out on her feeling because she was scared of getting hurt.

Quote:
I already said that Amata bears some responsibility, and his constant worrying about every little thing involving Mikono, but most of it lays with Mikono who has suffered not one bit for all the trouble she's caused for Amata and Zessica while those two have had to deal with a ton of issues because of Mikono's inaction.

It's never explained "why" Amata even loves Mikono and Mikono likes him other than that initial spark and lulz Destined Lovers. Even if they are supposedly destined for each other that doesn't give them a free pass to not develop anything between them while pushing and tormenting Zessica so hard if they never intended for her to have a chance. At least she has a reason to love Amata, we saw her fall in love with him in the Anime while Amata and Mikono just love each other just because.
Actually her feelings are more then that. For Mikono, Amata is the person who believed in her from the start and has never stoped. To Amata, Mikono is the person who will always wait for him and someone he could share his past with. It's also never explained "why" Zessica likes Amata. She just suddenly gained feelings for him after seeing him half naked and has been angsting over him since.

Quote:
If they want to make Mikono likeable and not seem like a cold heartless witch compared to Zessica than they have a TON of work to do and I don't think they can do that considering that there's only like 5 episodes left and we still have the Andy and Mixy thing which may take an entire episode... And the Shrade thing which may take an entire episode because that guy refuses to die despite "dying" since his appearance.
How is Mikono a cold heartless witch when she's actually shown to regret making Zessica and Amata suffer?

Quote:
It's going to seem like she killed someone if Zessica is dead, after all Amata went there for Mikono even if Mikono didn't call for him and it was all Mykage's doing. It would be perfectly fine if he snapped and blamed her for what happened and would help give Amata some nice growth.
Wait, you just said it's all Mykage's doing and Amata's choice yet you're saying it's alright to blame all of it on Mikono who had nothing to do with it. That does not make any sense. You just sound like a biased Mikono hater.

And sorry I didn't respond to your other post. My internet connection stopped all of a sudden so it would'nt let me post and I did not feel like writing that whole post over again. :/

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-05-26 at 23:32.
queenSwild is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 23:04   Link #255
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The kiss wasn't unrequited because Amata's heart responded to her and wasn't even angry that Zessica was the first person he kissed when before he was obsessing about kissing Mikono but her not committing to even just that. The kiss also changed his priorities, he was only concerned about saving Mikono which is why he went to the city. He than quickly drops that to rush for Zessica's aid which says a lot because Amata sure as heck didn't try anywhere near as much to get Mix back for Andy.

Reasons shown for Attraction - Zessica has been shown over a number of episodes. No reasons are given for Mikono, she just wants Amata... And Kagura.
First Confession - Zessica, Mikono couldn't even do that and she's been hogging up all of Amata's time.
Loves Amata fully - Zessica, Mikono instead obsesses about Kagura and keeping Amata around. This makes Mikono look shallow since she doesn't seem to love Amata without the Kagura factor while Zessica loves Amata for who he is.
Willing to give up own Happiness for Amata to be Happy - Zessica, Mikono wouldn't and continues to lead Amata on and desires Kagura.
Amata's first kiss - Zessica to save him and apparently at the cost of her own life. Zessica showed more love to Amata with this one act than Mikono has shown Amata in all 21 Episodes thus far.

That's a lot of things she has over Mikono which is mystifying since they seem to want to push Amata and Mikono even though they're the least developed couple in EVOL.

If they want to make Mikono likeable and not seem like a cold heartless witch compared to Zessica than they have a TON of work to do and I don't think they can do that considering that there's only like 5 episodes left and we still have the Andy and Mixy thing which may take an entire episode... And the Shrade thing which may take an entire episode because that guy refuses to die despite "dying" since his appearance.



Yes she is. She's leading Amata on but is constantly lusting after Kagura. The worst is that she refuses to commit to either which makes her unforgivable since she could have easily committed by now or rejected already. Instead she prolongs his pain and expects him to "wait for her" like a good boy as he's been doing this entire time.

And you cannot deny that Mikono has played a huge part over the mental state of Zessica and Amata due to her inaction. Sometimes doing nothing can do more harm than doing something.

The problem is that Mikono hasn't done either of those. She wants Amata to focus on her yet doesn't even try to make things work or even looking all that interested unless Zessica is around because she doesn't want to lose Amata's attention to her.

I already said that Amata bears some responsibility, and his constant worrying about every little thing involving Mikono, but most of it lays with Mikono who has suffered not one bit for all the trouble she's caused for Amata and Zessica while those two have had to deal with a ton of issues because of Mikono's inaction.

It's never explained "why" Amata even loves Mikono and Mikono likes him other than that initial spark and lulz Destined Lovers. Even if they are supposedly destined for each other that doesn't give them a free pass to not develop anything between them while pushing and tormenting Zessica so hard if they never intended for her to have a chance. At least she has a reason to love Amata, we saw her fall in love with him in the Anime while Amata and Mikono just love each other just because.
He responded to her kiss definitely. But to her feelings, there's no concrete proof to make that claim. About Mikono, some of what you said was true to an extent regarding her indecisiveness hurting Amata and Zessica, but i would wait until the next two episodes to see if whether or not she defects to Kagura completely before the hating can commence.
Other than that, i believe Zessica will become a lot more awesome in the coming episodes and im hoping for her to become a shadow angel(unlikely tho) and she is most likely gonna die but i think her character development is similar to Sirius mixed with Touma, so she will probably survive to surprise.
Mikage in red background with that expression = Zessica in a whole lot of trouble.
Also Mikage's facial expression towards Zessica the first time they meant still bothers me since that expression seems to be only reserved for her.
finalfury is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 23:26   Link #256
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The kiss wasn't unrequited because Amata's heart responded to her and wasn't even angry that Zessica was the first person he kissed when before he was obsessing about kissing Mikono but her not committing to even just that. The kiss also changed his priorities, he was only concerned about saving Mikono which is why he went to the city. He than quickly drops that to rush for Zessica's aid which says a lot because Amata sure as heck didn't try anywhere near as much to get Mix back for Andy.
Amata would have been a total bastard if he had not tried to help Zessica in that situation. It had nothing to do with him choosing her over Mikono or changing his priorities; it's not as if Mikono is the focus of every decision he ever makes. He was there in that city to find Mikono, yes, but what sort of person sees a friend and comrade in danger right before his eyes, and skips along ignoring them while thinking "I'm just here to find the girl I love, so I won't try to free Zessica"? Amata is not that sort of person.

As for saving MIX, I don't think that the mission to Altair so save her should be brushed off so lightly. Amata, Zessica, Yunoha, and others went there, to a dangerous other planet, to try to get her back. I repeat: Amata isn't the type of person who is callous and uncaring towards people he isn't in love with. Neither are the other pilots. Edit: plus, as QueenSwild points out above, he did also try to save MIX from being kidnapped in the first place.

Amata is also not the type of petty bastard who would be so romantically self-absorbed as to get angry at someone stealing what is probably his first kiss when that kiss is being given to save him from danger and in a heroic sacrifice, no less. He has a sense of proportion. I understand that you're trying to argue for that scene making Zessica/Amata much more likely, but you're doing so in a way which reduces Amata to worthless scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes she is. She's leading Amata on but is constantly lusting after Kagura. The worst is that she refuses to commit to either which makes her unforgivable since she could have easily committed by now or rejected already. Instead she prolongs his pain and expects him to "wait for her" like a good boy as he's been doing this entire time.
Mikono hasn't been shown lusting after Kagura even once. Can you point to a specific scene where she was?

What Mikono has done is stepped in to save Kagura, even though she isn't sure why she did it. Presumably this is due to some sort of past life incident and/or a subconscious recognition that Amata and Kagura are the same person. She has also said she wants to apologise to him, even though she doesn't know why, which is presumably due to her past life somehow.

So no, she hasn't been shown torn between Amata and Kagura and unable to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
even though their relationship was going nowhere because of Mikono being unfaithful.

...

Amata was still fawning over just Mikono even when she was thinking of Kagura, so she was getting the attention of both men and loving it. Which makes sense she would want that since she considered herself worthless for the longest time and it's understandable that she wouldn't want those two to stop focusing on her.
Whaaat. No. Mikono has said that the reason she didn't tell Amata what she's been wanting to say is because she was scared of getting hurt.

There is no evidence for your theory that Mikono spent the series being unfaithful to Amata, and trying to keep Amata and Kagura interested because she loves simultaneously having two guys who like her.

If you claim to actually have evidence of this, please tell us the episodes and scenes in which it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's going to seem like she killed someone if Zessica is dead, after all Amata went there for Mikono even if Mikono didn't call for him and it was all Mykage's doing. It would be perfectly fine if he snapped and blamed her for what happened and would help give Amata some nice growth.
Again: what? Your tendency to blame Mikono disproportionally for everything is getting seriously out of hand here.

Amata has a bad premonition and decides to go off on his own suddenly. This premonition leads him to go to a specific town, falling into Mykage's trap. Zessica is sent on a mission to find him, and one of Mykage's mecha apparently kills her...and the one to blame is Mikono? Who had left with permission and after having told everyone she was going, and didn't ask for anyone to go after her.

If we're going to go that far and make it that convoluted, there is no reason to not go one step further and blame Fudo for leaving and making Mikono try to find him.

"Damn you, Fudo, you left, causing Mikono to try to find you, and me to get a bad feeling and come to this specific city to find her, with Zessica and the others coming to find me, and then one of Mykage's mecha killing her while she tried to save me! You killed Zessica, Fudo! You're to blame!"

Makes total sense and would give Amata character growth, right?

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2012-05-26 at 23:37.
GoldenLand is offline  
Old 2012-05-26, 23:48   Link #257
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Spoiler for "long, post is long":
Her love towards Amata has signs that are found in episode 1 BD but in the TV airings, but she shows signs of love in episode 7 when Amata gets hit by lasers and she gets distressed because of that.
Her depression isn't really that bad. Its just focused on a lot for plot advancement believe it or not. Despite Aquarion Evol loving the usage of the "pause button" a lot, Zessica's character development(along with all that hateful angst) serves as a plot device that helps progress the plot instead of them just pausing one character(Kagura, im looking at you) for a couple of episodes. She's handling her depression well enough considering her mental state and the only real angst moments are the shower scene and the first encounter with Mykage scene as mentioned by Vena.
Mikono isnt a horrible character but she is terribly irritating at times(the stopping Amata from shooting Kagura moment really got to me in a bad way).
Whether or not she lusts for Kagura(I doubt it), she does feel drawn to him, most likely because of pity.
finalfury is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:07   Link #258
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post


Mikono hasn't been shown lusting after Kagura even once. Can you point to a specific scene where she was?

What Mikono has done is stepped in to save Kagura, even though she isn't sure why she did it. Presumably this is due to some sort of past life incident and/or a subconscious recognition that Amata and Kagura are the same person. She has also said she wants to apologise to him, even though she doesn't know why, which is presumably due to her past life somehow.

So no, she hasn't been shown torn between Amata and Kagura and unable to choose.
To add on to this Mikono most once mistook Amata for Kagura (to which she reacted with fear, until she realized that it was Amata) and Kagura for Amata (to which she with relief until she realized that she was with Kagura). She's been pretty consistent in insisting that she has to apologize to Kagura, but besides that she shows no signs of actually caring about him in a way that can be taken as romantic, as even her defending Kagura can ultimately be attributed to the fact that she at least subconsciously realized that they are connected but she can't figure out why herself, but from her actions its obvious that a lot of it is pity (though again she doesn't realize why).
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:09   Link #259
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Her love towards Amata has signs that are found in episode 1 BD but in the TV airings, but she shows signs of love in episode 7 when Amata gets hit by lasers and she gets distressed because of that.
Her depression isn't really that bad. Its just focused on a lot for plot advancement believe it or not. Despite Aquarion Evol loving the usage of the "pause button" a lot, Zessica's character development(along with all that hateful angst) serves as a plot device that helps progress the plot instead of them just pausing one character(Kagura, im looking at you) for a couple of episodes. She's handling her depression well enough considering her mental state and the only real angst moments are the shower scene and the first encounter with Mykage scene as mentioned by Vena.
Mikono isnt a horrible character but she is terribly irritating at times(the stopping Amata from shooting Kagura moment really got to me in a bad way).
Whether or not she lusts for Kagura(I doubt it), she does feel drawn to him, most likely because of pity.
Yes, I know that Zessica showed signs of liking him, but because of what? Amata hadn't really shown her any attention. Why would she love him for that?

I agree that her angst has purpose ,but it won't lead to anything good, it's just something to be used for manipulation. I'm curious to how Mykage is going to use her from now on though and what state she's in. Will he inflict mind control? Or did he leave her dead because he had no other use for her.?(Probably unlikely) If he takes her to Altair will she turn into a guy? :P

I think Mikono saved Kagura because of that reincarnation mess being thrown at her all of a sudden and her being confused because of it. She was begging Amata to "forgive him" so I think it has something to do with their past lives. Although I'm confused as to why Amata would have to forgive himself. :/
queenSwild is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:15   Link #260
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Yes, I know that Zessica showed signs of liking him, but because of what? Amata hadn't really shown her any attention. Why would she love him for that?

I agree that her angst has purpose ,but it won't lead to anything good, it's just something to be used for manipulation. I'm curious to how Mykage is going to use her from now on though and what state she's in. Will he inflict mind controll? Or did he leave her dead because he had no other use for her.?(Probably unlikely) If he takes her to Altair will she turn into a guy? :P

I think Mikono saved Kagura because of that reincarnation mess being thrown at her all of a sudden and her being confused because of it. She was begging Amata to "forgive him" so I think it has something to do with their past lives. Although I'm confused as to why Amata would have to forgive himself. :/
Maybe for...

1. Being Mykage's lapdog
2. Failing to protect their mother
3. killing his schoolmates and generally showing no remorse about it
4. stalking Mikono
4. trying to kill him
etc.

Yeah I'd say that Amata has a lot of reasons to be pissed at Kagura.
wisteria233 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.