AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-27, 00:17   Link #261
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Maybe for...

1. Being Mykage's lapdog
2. Failing to protect their mother
3. killing his schoolmates and generally showing no remorse about it
4. stalking Mikono
4. trying to kill him
etc.

Yeah I'd say that Amata has a lot of reasons to be pissed at Kagura.
I was thinking that she wanted Amata to forgive Kagura was something that happened in their past lives. But yeah, currenly Amata has alot of reasons to dislike himself.:P

But you know what's weird? How Kagura had no recollection of his own mother and how his background story on the Aquarion Evol website and the background that was stated in-series doesn't really connect. On the Aquarion EVOL website it said that he was found in the slums by Mykage. How the heck did he get there? It seems like he'd be very important, being the son of Alicia and all, would they lose him and then forget about him that easily? And why didn't Izumo ever recognize him as Alicia's son when he has no problems recognizing Amata?
queenSwild is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:24   Link #262
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Yes, I know that Zessica showed signs of liking him, but because of what? Amata hadn't really shown her any attention. Why would she love him for that?

I agree that her angst has purpose ,but it won't lead to anything good, it's just something to be used for manipulation. I'm curious to how Mykage is going to use her from now on though and what state she's in. Will he inflict mind control? Or did he leave her dead because he had no other use for her.?(Probably unlikely) If he takes her to Altair will she turn into a guy? :P

I think Mikono saved Kagura because of that reincarnation mess being thrown at her all of a sudden and her being confused because of it. She was begging Amata to "forgive him" so I think it has something to do with their past lives. Although I'm confused as to why Amata would have to forgive himself. :/
"Love needs no reason" but i agree with you that Zessica really had no concrete reason to fall in love with Amata. But after the confession scene, i stopped caring about why Zessica fell in love with Amata. About the Mykage manipulation, i think it will lead to something good because it mirrors the Sirius manipulation by Touma.
I started out liking Mikono but now i have the same standpoint as Vena, she justs irritates me for some reason and holds no candle to Silvia.

Last edited by finalfury; 2012-05-27 at 00:35.
finalfury is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:35   Link #263
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Golden -


That hasn't stopped Amata from coming off as a total bastard before when concerning Zessica's feelings. Even when others are in trouble he always placed Mikono first, this is the first time he dropped Mikono completely, at least at that point, and tried his hardest to get to Zessica even though from what he saw she's most likely dead so no one would appreciate his efforts, not even himself if she's dead. And yes, Amata has come off as that sort of person since he has endangered the lives of others, and his own, for Mikono's sake. That isn't something new.


Yet he was sidetracked fast and the moment he saw his mother he completely dropped any more attempts to try and find and save Mix. So yes, he's that type of person when something that's important to him personally is involved. Like I said to Queen, it's the aftermath too. Amata didn't get too depressed over Mix going missing and was more concerned that Mikono was leaving "Without" him to go on a possible dangerous journey.


Yet he has done many things that would describe him as that when it came to Mikono. And yes, he would be angry/upset(happy?) because he has been building up for 21 episodes to get closer to Mikono with her being the one. Instead his heart reacted to Zessica like it does for Mikono and before he can deal with that sudden change Zessica is taken away from him. I wont deny that some of the things that Amata has done isn't very heroic and he's almost as selfish as Mikono but many of these things are explained because of his devotion to Mikono who isn't really that devoted at all.


Classic scene. She's with Amata... "Kagura..." Really Mikono? This has happened many times in the anime, she wants to learn more about Kagura and can't stop thinking about him even when Amata is right in front her. They literally had a scene with those two standing in front of each other and she's thinking about Kagura.


Wish she would step in when Kagura is beating up Amata for the thousandith time because he's trying to save/protect her. Strange that she doesn't want to apologize to Amata is Kagura and him are indeed the same person.


Yes she has. If she didn't have this issue she would have accept Amata's feelings already or rejected him. Instead she leads on him even though she knows Zessica actually loves Amata while she thinks about Kagura.


And again look what happened. Her afraid of getting hurt excuse has caused them all trouble more than once already. Even than, Zessica knew Amata would say no and she confessed despite being hurt badly because Amata is being lead on by Mikono and can't return her feelings due to that. So really, what was she afraid of being hurt for? Amata was already her loyal dog, he would do anything she wanted so she had no fear of rejection if it was a confession she was going for.

There is no evidence for your theory that Mikono spent the series being unfaithful to Amata, and trying to keep Amata and Kagura interested because she loves simultaneously having two guys who like her.

Yes there is. Her constant longing for Kagura and her interactions with him and her lack of action with Amata makes her a tease and very unfaithful since she apparently wants Amata but at the same time doesn't want to move forward with him.


Than you're out of luck, I gave you plenty of examples that have appeared multiple times in the anime. Do your own work if you doubt what I say despite their many appearances. If you can't even do that than there's no point in having this talk with you since all you're doing is saying "No Way!" and than ending it at that.



I only place blame where it is deserved.


Yes Mikono, had she not lead him on he wouldn't have been made such an easy tool to manipulate by Mykage. Just like Mikono(Mostly her) and Amata are to blame for Zessica being much easier to manipulate. You blame the source not the pawn.


Fudo left to find Aquarion, yet he does deserve blame for leaving suddenly when things hit the fan.


Anger doesn't need to make sense, Amata went there for here whether he knows he's tricked or not. Zessica paying for that makes it very plausible and justified for him to lash out in anger at Mikono when he finds out that she didn't even need him or even thought about him while on the journey.

And yes it does, anger lets people say things they normally would keep inside and locked away.



[QUOTE=queenSwild;4177929]

queen -

Zessica didn't die after the kiss or during the kiss. It was after Amata was flying out of striking distance that she was attacked but her body isn't shown. So really, she isn't dead if they follow the rules of Anime. And yes he was, he's been obsessed the entire time trying to get with Mikono while she hasn't seemed all that interested but doesn't want to lose his attention to anyone, especially not Zessica who actually cares.

Yet that doesn't change that he tried harder to get Zessica back even after the fact that he's sure she's dead. While with Mix he just went with the flow and wasn't anywhere near as distraught over it as he was when he thinks he lost Zessica due to his own brashness to go to the city alone to "help" Mikono. So no, it isn't just being a good friend. Especially not after his gheart reacted to her and we've seen how he acts for friends, Mix and Andy, compared to things involving Mikono and to an extent Zessica.



Yes she does. Have you been watching the anime? It started out as playful teasing and fun for her but as the anime went one she genuelly fell in love with Amata while Mikono just loves him and... That's it. No real reason is given other than that Destiny stuff. Their relationship is that underdeveloped, even Mix and Andy have a stronger relationship than Amata and Mikono and they're side characters with most of their interactions happening off screen.

She now knows that they're basically the same guy, which means why she's lusting for Kagura but doesn't want to give up Amata. Zessica on the other hand doesn't care about that stuff and even if Amata isn't whole she loved him anyway which is a lot more than what Mikono feels.



Yes she does. Even when she's with Amata guess who she's thinking about? Kagura. The first few times it was kinda cute because he's that mysterious bad boy that wants her. After a while it gets old and makes her look horrible as a person. Amata is right there, she's leading him on and who does she fantasize about while she's with him? Kagura, many many times.



Funny how Mikono seems to always have things to do which is why she can't even say "I love you Amata" or "Let's make this official". Instead she leads him on than after Mix is taken she has the nerve to not only drag him to the side and say he can't come with her but that she wants him to "Wait", like he's ben doing since Episode 1, for her. Who the heck does that? A tease that's who and it's a very unlikeable trait.


Zessica has had to deal with the consequences of her actions and her inability to stop loving Amata because unlike Mikono she actually loves Amata for who he is and actually wants something more. Mikono is content just leading him on and not letting their relationship progress which has been extremely damaging to both Amata and Zessica, physically and mentally. Amata almost died multiple times "because" of Mikono and the girl doesn't even want to hold his hand yet doesn't want to give him up either. That makes her a bad person, a very bad person.


And look what happened, Amata and Zessica have been repeatedly hurt because Mikono is ridiculously selfish.



You got that confuesd. Mikono isn't waiting for Amata, Amata is waiting for her. She knows he isn't going anywhere. And yes it is, it was explained over 10+ episodes that developed Zessica from teasing Amata to falling in love with him. Mikono on the other hand just does and the viewer is meant to accept that with no explanation which makes her current treatment of Amata even worse in that regard.


Showing regret means nothing when she has all the power to end their suffering all on her own. Admit she wants to be with Amata so Zessica can stop hoping that Amata might still be within reach, since you know those two aren't dating still, or reject him so Amata can stop being lead on with false hope that Mikono will actually try and move their relationship to the dating stage.



Yes, most of the blame is Miono's fault because she knows exactly what's going on but refuses to choose or take any responsibility since she has the power to end it all with just a single sentence. And pulling the bias card? Only those that lack the will to convey their feelings in a logical manner resort to such a weak and baseless argument to try and cover their tracks. I suggest you refrain from any more personal attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
He responded to her kiss definitely. But to her feelings, there's no concrete proof to make that claim. About Mikono, some of what you said was true to an extent regarding her indecisiveness hurting Amata and Zessica, but i would wait until the next two episodes to see if whether or not she defects to Kagura completely before the hating can commence.
Other than that, i believe Zessica will become a lot more awesome in the coming episodes and im hoping for her to become a shadow angel(unlikely tho) and she is most likely gonna die but i think her character development is similar to Sirius mixed with Touma, so she will probably survive to surprise.
Mikage in red background with that expression = Zessica in a whole lot of trouble.
Also Mikage's facial expression towards Zessica the first time they meant still bothers me since that expression seems to be only reserved for her.

If Mikono lets Amata down and goes for Kagura I will have gained some respect for her character. It would be a very interesting twist that's for sure. I personally would rather Zessica not die, it would be a disservice to her character and too predictable. They put way too much time on her if they planned to kill her off from the start. Would seem like a waste of resources considering that Amata and Mikono are lacking a lot in development compared to Zessica and the side cast.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-05-27 at 00:58.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:38   Link #264
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Apollo gets a lot of screentime with Fudo and now Mikono gets a lot of screentime with Fudo.
finalfury is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:38   Link #265
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
"Love needs no reason" but i agree with you that Zessica really had no concrete reason to fall in love with Amata. But after the confession scene, i stopped caring about why Zessica fell in love with Amata. About the Mykage manipulation, i think it will lead to something good because it mirrors the Sirius manipulation by Touma.
I started out liking Mikono but now i have the same standpoint as Vena, she justs irritates me for some reason and holds no candle to Silvia. im probably gonna write more because your opinion is interesting and not heavily biased.
I don't really look at her from the "love triangle" point of view. I mostly like her because of her own character development, and how she's changed so much from the first episode. If you look at her from the "love triangle" point of view I can understand why she would seem irritable to alot of people, but she has reasons for it. Just because they came really late is not her fault. :P

I've only watched like the first two episodes of the original series, but since I already knew the ending from watching this series first I didn't feel like watching it anymore. :P I don't dislike Zessica, I really liked her at the start of the series with her her teasing yet mature attitude. I'm still rooting be back to her tease self by the end of the series. So I hope what you're saying is true.
queenSwild is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:52   Link #266
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I was thinking that she wanted Amata to forgive Kagura was something that happened in their past lives. But yeah, currenly Amata has alot of reasons to dislike himself.:P

But you know what's weird? How Kagura had no recollection of his own mother and how his background story on the Aquarion Evol website and the background that was stated in-series doesn't really connect. On the Aquarion EVOL website it said that he was found in the slums by Mykage. How the heck did he get there? It seems like he'd be very important, being the son of Alicia and all, would they lose him and then forget about him that easily? And why didn't Izumo ever recognize him as Alicia's son when he has no problems recognizing Amata?
Well there's your answer. Mykage probably has something do with it. Alicia having a son wasn't common knowledge, and it seems as though Izumo one of the few who knew she had a son didn't know what he looked like so there ya go. So all Mykage has to do is to simply not tell them of Kagura's origins or lie about it.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:54   Link #267
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I don't really look at her from the "love triangle" point of view. I mostly like her because of her own character development, and how she's changed so much from the first episode. If you look at her from the "love triangle" point of view I can understand why she would seem irritable to alot of people, but she has reasons for it. Just because they came really late is not her fault. :P

I've only watched like the first two episodes of the original series, but since I already knew the ending from watching this series first I didn't feel like watching it anymore. :P I don't dislike Zessica, I really liked her at the start of the series with her her teasing yet mature attitude. I'm still rooting be back to her tease self by the end of the series. So I hope what you're saying is true.
I also hope that she will turn to her playful self too but Im not sure about that because Aquarion is heading into the "serious" route but its pretty likely that she'll lose the depression that she had for a while. Also, like with Sirius prepare to be surprised with Zessica and her revelation, cause i dont know about you but i never would have guessed that Sirius was the reincarnation of Celiane.
Mikono would be a good character except for the fact that Okada made her the pinnacle of the love triangle/quadrangle and put a lot of focus into it. Her beginning impressions also increased my "this girl is annoying" attitude but all in all, without any of my bias factored in, she is a pretty well made character, considering the rest of the main cast and probably the best developed out of all of them.
finalfury is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 00:57   Link #268
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Aquarion Evol has a similar formula to the Original Aquarion,
Beginnig episodes are good, middle are a combo of good/bad and end is good.
this is opinionated btw
also the appearance of Touma's cheribum first appeared in Sousei Aquarion episode 21 and Aquarion Evol episode 21.
Coincidence anyone?
finalfury is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 01:04   Link #269
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Aquarion Evol has a similar formula to the Original Aquarion,
Beginnig episodes are good, middle are a combo of good/bad and end is good.
this is opinionated btw
also the appearance of Touma's cheribum first appeared in Sousei Aquarion episode 21 and Aquarion Evol episode 21.
Coincidence anyone?
I doubt it's a coincidence. Such as Mykage knowing of Jin infiltrating the place and his awakening to love which all seemed planned. Than when Jin proved worthless as a pawn, because he came back, he was removed and made a martyr like Mykage always had that as a back up plan. After all, he cares little about the plight of Altair.

As for Altair... He might not even bring Zessica there(Why would he? The wings are awakening soon on Vega and a Guy Zessica wouldn't really have the same effect), Mykage has shown he can put people nearly anywhere. Such as Kagura vanishing and not being on Altair than awakening in Vega and in Amata's room.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 01:33   Link #270
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Spoiler for "Goooood night..:)":


When I said you seemed "biased" I had no ill intentions of offending you personally. So sorry if I did. And like you suggested I'll refrain from doing that when discussing things with you next time. I'm going to bed and I probably wont be back until the next episode airs. Maybe we'll finally come to an agreement about something after something changes because it just seems like we're at a stalemate. :P Well.. Good night I guess. :P

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-05-27 at 09:41.
queenSwild is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 01:43   Link #271
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
If that wasn't your intent than I will drop it than, no use getting bothered over a misunderstanding. Whatever the case I'll respond to you... Tommorrow. Or today depending where you live. It's way late... Early here.

Subs take 24-48 hours after the episode is aired so it might not be open till Monday.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 02:45   Link #272
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Destined_Fate: Your post was hard to understand because you didn't include which parts of mine you were replying to, so I've added them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Mikono hasn't been shown lusting after Kagura even once. Can you point to a specific scene where she was?
Classic scene. She's with Amata... "Kagura..." Really Mikono? This has happened many times in the anime, she wants to learn more about Kagura and can't stop thinking about him even when Amata is right in front her. They literally had a scene with those two standing in front of each other and she's thinking about Kagura.
Thinking about a person is not the same as lusting after them. If it was, then I could confidently state that Amata is lusting madly after Kagura. He's thought about him a number of times, and in Mikono's presence too: it's total proof that Amata is an unfaithful, cheating creep who is leading on Mikono. Similarly, Zessica has thought about Mikono and Kagura several times: this means that she's lusting after them both and wants a threesome.

No, thinking = lusting does not make sense. There needs to be more than just thinking of a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
There is no evidence for your theory that Mikono spent the series being unfaithful to Amata, and trying to keep Amata and Kagura interested because she loves simultaneously having two guys who like her.

If you claim to actually have evidence of this, please tell us the episodes and scenes in which it happens.
Than you're out of luck, I gave you plenty of examples that have appeared multiple times in the anime. Do your own work if you doubt what I say despite their many appearances. If you can't even do that than there's no point in having this talk with you since all you're doing is saying "No Way!" and than ending it at that.
I'm not interested in the scenes as they appear in your imagination. I'm interested in the ones which actually happened in the series.

I've asked for the specific episodes and scenes where the supposed lusting and unfaithfulness takes place, so I can check it for myself. But you have not given me even a single example, except if we use twisted logic and say that "thinking of a person" means "lusting for them and being unfaithful".

You keep saying Mikono is constantly lusting after Kagura and being unfaithful to Amata and that there are countless examples of it, many appearances of it. I say those scenes do not exist. So no, I've already done my own work. I've asked to see your proof to the contrary, but you have been unable to provide it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes Mikono, had she not lead him on he wouldn't have been made such an easy tool to manipulate by Mykage. Just like Mikono(Mostly her) and Amata are to blame for Zessica being much easier to manipulate. You blame the source not the pawn.
Er. In that case, shouldn't you be blaming Mykage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Fudo left to find Aquarion, yet he does deserve blame for leaving suddenly when things hit the fan.

Anger doesn't need to make sense, Amata went there for here whether he knows he's tricked or not. Zessica paying for that makes it very plausible and justified for him to lash out in anger at Mikono when he finds out that she didn't even need him or even thought about him while on the journey.

And yes it does, anger lets people say things they normally would keep inside and locked away.
I do not believe that Fudo should be blamed for Zessica's death. (Not that I believe for one minute that she actually is dead.)

OK, so your argument is that you want Amata to lash out irrationally at Mikono and that it doesn't have to make any sense. Then there's nothing to argue about there.

You are incorrect about Mikono not thinking of Amata while on her journey. She's shown doing that in episode 19, while on the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
[it would be] justified for him to lash out in anger at Mikono when he finds out that she didn't even need him or even thought about him while on the journey.
What? Why would it be justified for Amata to lash out at Mikono for that? There is no way for him to know whether or not she thought about him while she was away (and in fact, we know she was shown thinking of him). She left to try to find Fudo because she believed it was essential in order to connect everyone and defeat the enemy threatening them. Amata would not be angry that she was focusing on finding Fudo as her first priority rather than mooning over him.

Amata is supportive of Mikono's efforts to grow into a stronger person. He isn't trying to make her into a person who is overly dependent on others and incapable of doing anything by herself. He also knows the reason why Mikono said he shouldn't come with her: that she believes she is the only person who can be spared to look for Fudo as she has no combat powers.

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2012-05-27 at 02:55.
GoldenLand is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 03:11   Link #273
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Can we now say that Mykage is behind that went wrong in the series from the very beginning?
orpheus2 is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 03:47   Link #274
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Can we now say that Mykage is behind that went wrong in the series from the very beginning?
As far as bad stuff happening on Vega and Altair no doubt, as far as overall quality nope.
Korps! is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 04:40   Link #275
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Can we now say that Mykage is behind that went wrong in the series from the very beginning?
I wouldn't put it past him. In the short term, he definitely is the extremely fabulous man behind it all. But there's still no proof he caused the problem with women on Altair or that he was responsible for things going wrong 24,000 years ago. Even if he hasn't got anything to do with those things, his villainy has still been very impressive!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-27 at 20:35. Reason: removed quoted post
GoldenLand is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 09:57   Link #276
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
queen -



Which enforces my point on him finally putting someone else over Mikono, something he's never done until that point. Ever. The way his heart reacted to her makes it highly doubtful he would even fuss about the kiss even if the situation wasn't dire. And even if Mikono realizes what she's doing is bad it doesn't change that she hasn't even attempted to stop doing what she's doing that's what makes her unforgivable.



It's the aftermath. After he landed he bolted to try and get to Zessica, while he has never done anything like that for anyone else but Mikono. For all they knew Mix could have been killed, drugged, mind wiped(which did happen), experimented on(Which they tried to do), or raped(Since Izumo didn't exactly elaborate) after being taken but he wasn't anywhere near as concerned as he has been for Mikono in the past and now Zessica, that's what makes this different.



It's the little things, that's why it happened over multiple episodes. At the start it was just teasing and her being jealous that Mikono does nothing and still gets all of his attention. It wasn't sudden or random, it had build up that's why it's easier to connect with Zessica because you see her develop into loving Amata. AS for Amata, that's hard to be the case because they never tried to fill in the blanks for why he's so blindly devoted to her. I know they tried somewhat in the earlier episodes but compared to Zessica's growth it just feels unnatural for him to love Mikono so much when she's leading him on and refuses to commit. And having scenes together isn't the same thing if they aren't advancing past their initial appearances. Mikono's growth for example is actually pushing her away from Amata since she isn't so dependent on him anymore while Amata hasn't really grown at all over his fawning over Mikono.



As I said to the other poster, it's been brought up many times in the anime. There's no denying she wants Kagura but can't let go of Amata. I explained that this fits in with her character who has never had this much attention before and why she doesn't want to let go of either. Even though her feelings are understandable it doesn't give her a pass for how she's acted so far.



Yet she has nothing to fear because Amata has said multiple times he wants to be with her and even let down Zessica in front of Mikono because he was that devoted. And what does Mikono do? Nothing at all, that makes her horrible because even though Zessica knew she would get hurt badly she still told Amata how she felt while Mikono, who knows Amata is her loyal dog, doesn't even try to go that far. Hard to like Mikono when she's acting like a tease, not when Zessica just poured her heart out and even tried to let Amata go so he could maybe be happy with Mikono.



Holding hands isn't much when you consider that a lot of people have held his hand. Even Andy has held his hand so excuse me for not seeing much into that when you consider all the things Zessica has down and all the torment she's been going through since than. And yes she has lead on him and her jealousy when Zessica gets somewhat close to him isn't the best of traits considering that she's the reason nothing has happened at all between Amata and her. She is being selfish, there was no reason to put doubt in Amata's mind or getting his hopes up than telling him to wait like he's been doing for 21 episodes already. That was extremely selfish of her, but Mikono has shown that as long as she isn't the one getting hurt than it's okay if others get hurt for her sake.


Which is a weak argument as I said since she literally saw Amata's devotion to her many times at nearly the cost of his own life and Zessica's grief. And as she's been getting more independent Amata's seems to be falling lower and lower on her list of priorities.



That's doubtful, she doesn't really know Mykage all that much or all the flower power he's been tossing around. Strange that despite being so weak at the beginning that Mykage's hasn't tried even once to manipulate her other than her being the object to drive those like Kagura and Amata into action. Her getting with Amata now is bad because they're so undeveloped and with the Mixy, Shrade, and Zessica things going on and only 5 episodes left it will be extremely hard to make things work between them unless they just resort to "Destiny" as their own explanation needed.



No, you misread me. Mykage is only exploiting the void that Mikono has left in Amata for many episodes now. Doesn't help that her leaving on her own and telling him to "Wait for her", instead of just saying it and putting Amata's mind at ease whether it's a confession or rejection, has only increased his concern for her that he's no longer thinking rationally. Funny that when Zessica mentions the mirror stuff she sees he doesn't think much of it but when he has a random dream he takes it extremely seriously which may be due to his fragile mental state and how Altair ended up going.

No she doesn't because she doesn't do anything to end it. If she confessed to Amata than Zessica would finally be able to move on because now there's no hope for her. As long as Mikono leads him on and doesn't commit there's always going to be a small glimmer of hope and Zessica isn't the type to not do anything because the chances of success are low.


[QUOTE=GoldenLand;4178174]

I do them in order, I thought that was obvious with how I spaced them out.




Not the same thing. Mikono thinks romantically about the mysterious Kagura, Zessica doesn't think of Kagura in that manner nor does she care about Kagura. She's only thinking about Kagura because if Mikono went with him than maybe Amata would be open for her. That's the difference, don't try and twist something that simple.

And no, she is lusting for Amata. She wants his attention and Kagura's attention. I explained she's leading him on because up until than she considered herself worthless. Since Amata didn't believe she was she latched on to him yet at the same time she refuses to commit or try and make things work. This makes her a horrible person, especially when Amata is extremely devoted to her while her devotion is lacking. Amata even rejected Zessica because he wanted to be loyal while Mikono hasn't even considered picking Kagura or Amata over the other, so simply loves the attention both are giving to just "her". that is until Zessica started getting Amata's attention which Mikono wasn't going to have and we all saw how they ended up for Zessica and Amata.




It is when you take it to Mikono's degree who has thought of Kagura non-stop. She's even thought of Kagura more than Amata and Amata is right there all the time while she barely knows Kagura.



I'm not interested in the scenes as they appear in your imagination. I'm interested in the ones which actually happened in the series.

And I'm not interested in pulling up every Kagura and Mikono scene from the anime and there's a lot despite him not being there for most and it's just Mikono lusting after him.



Every episode Kagura has interacted with Mikono and every episode that Mikono has fawned over Kagura. Pretty much every episode Mikono has been taking center stage has been her mentioning Kagura at least once and in many cases more than once.



Because she is. It was cute the first few times because he's the bad boy, it lost that luster when she continued to think about him nearly every chance she could even when Amata was right there. And yes they do exist, if you paid attention to the Anime they were many of them. Especially early on and when Kagura got his hands on Mikono where she showed more concern and love for her capture than she's shown Amata in 21 Episodes.



Mykage is just a manipulator and even than he isn't forcing Mikono to do anything. That makes it that much worse because at least Amata, Kagura, and Zessica were being manipulated by Mykage. Mikono? All her, every last bit and she hasn't suffered anything for all the trouble she's caused everyone.



Fudo is to be blamed because his disappearance lead to Mikono leaving which lead to Amata being easy to manipulate to "rescue" Mikono which lead to Zessica supposedly dying to save Amata who's trying to save Mikono.



Yes, I want Amata to actually feel emotion towards Mikono than just "I love her just because... I dunno" and I want him to seriously question Mikono over never committing and leading him on this entire time. I don't have much faith he will do that though, that would be too much character growth for Amata who seems to want to remain is static Episode 1 self.

You are incorrect about Mikono not thinking of Amata while on her journey. She's shown doing that in episode 19, while on the boat.

Untrue, that was just a passing thought and isn't touched on all that much and eventually dropped rather quickly. While Amata was obsessing with her and when he thinks she's in trouble she's having a good time with Fudo and isn't thinking about him at all. And despite that mirror Fudo took her too that let's her see things it's horrible that she makes no comment of Zessica and doesn't even touch on Amata until Kagura is front of Amata.



Anger isn't rational and his anger would be justified because he has every reason to be angry. It's a build up of 21 episodes of Mikono leading him on, all the BS he has had to endure because of her, and now Zessica paying because he's a blind dog to Mikono even though she's done nothing to deserve his devotion considering her unfaithfulness.


Yet the stronger Mikono gets the less she thinks of Amata and that's a weak excuse since she has shown that an ability for combat. Her telling him that she wants to tell him something after saying "No, I don't want you to come with me" than saying "No, you gotta wait if you wanna hear what I got to say" was horrible, just horrible if they wanted her to be likeable, Who does that? A Tease that's who. She knows things are getting rough yet she just had to say something like that which has clearly effected Amata's mental state and made it easier to manipulate him.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
>GoldenLand
I wouldn't bother. There is apparently a version of the show that we don't get to see, where Mikono is a slut who gets off to Kagura but keeps leading Amata on, Amata cries himself to sleep every night, but ignores poor little Zessica who is always there for him and comforts him.
Personal attacks? If you must go there than why bother posting at all? It shows you have a lack of intergity and makes it hard to consider anything you have said in the past, present, and will say in the future due to your inability to convey your opinion in an educated and mature manner. I suggest you grow up and stop being so petty just because you lack the will to debate.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-05-27 at 10:46.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 10:24   Link #277
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
the most cliche "love needs no reason", stuff. Why does Mikono like Amata? What reason? The useless duo reason? That hardly paints her in a good light. I will wait for today's episode to find out if Amagura are both are Apollo/Apollonius then it goes back o the theme of not really having a reason to falling in love cause they are reincarnation business which just rubs me in a wrong way.
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 10:56   Link #278
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
the most cliche "love needs no reason", stuff. Why does Mikono like Amata? What reason? The useless duo reason? That hardly paints her in a good light. I will wait for today's episode to find out if Amagura are both are Apollo/Apollonius then it goes back o the theme of not really having a reason to falling in love cause they are reincarnation business which just rubs me in a wrong way.
That's mostly the writers fault since they devoted so much time to Zessica alone(Which makes no sense if they didn't intent for her to have a chance) and developed her over multiple episodes to fall in love with Amata. Despite being the supposed leads Amata and Mikono have been severely underdeveloped when their relationship is concerned, even the side characters have more reason to love each other than those two. Which means they may have to resort to "destiny" as the only reason they love each other considering they still have Mykage, Kagura, Mixy, Shrade, and Zessica to wrap up and with only 5 Episodes left and how they tend to drag things out...
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 11:05   Link #279
mixordia
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Now I want to ask:

Why so much hate for Mikono?

I don't see nothing wrong in her actions.

It's funny because usually when Zessica does something wrong, millions of people wonder why people hate Zessica and arrange all justifications to defend her, even if she does not have defense ... Now when the case is Mikono, all uncontrollable Zessica fans think she's a bitch...

It's funny how people defend the characters they like to point to never see anything negative in them. Moreover, this doesn't occur only in EVOL, but in any
anime.

the truth is, Mikono is currently a character much better than Zessica, but Zessica fans, who still see her as her was early in the anime, will never admit it... and this is very interesting.

And making it clear, my favorite character is Kagura, not Mikono, even Zessica.
__________________
english isn't my native language...
mixordia is offline  
Old 2012-05-27, 11:20   Link #280
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Duh, are you not watching the show???? /jk

Nah, Mikono is a despicable bitchslut because a) she's in the way of Amata x Zessica (not that most of these people seem to like Amata at all, but I'm sure that if/when he shows some interest in Zessica everything will be forgiven), and b) it is written in the Big Codex of Fandom that if there are two girls who are rivals in some way you must express your support for your preferred one by hating on the other, otherwise you're not a true fan.
kuromitsu is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.