AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 6 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-28, 09:21   Link #101
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just finished watching this episode.

I have to say that I thought it was a great episode. It was terrifically theatrical, and very dynamic and lively. It was bold, brash, bodacious. Not necessarily in the direction it chooses to go in, but rather in how quickly the action moves and how it never slows down. Wonderful loud-colorful action-drama show in these respects.


But... and this is the key "but"... To really enjoy Aquarion EVOL two things are necessary I think:

1) You can't go in expecting anything truly deep and profound. The anime will use some interesting symbolism, and powerful terminology, but I don't think it's saying anything specific in a clear and comprehensive way. If you're expecting this show to truly grapple with the concept of fate, then this show is probably going to disappoint you. I'd recommend Mawaru Penguin Drum or Steins;Gate instead, if you want to watch an anime show dealing seriously with the topic of "fate".

2) You have to accept these characters for who and what they are, and that especially includes where their hearts lead them. Amata is simply all-Mikono; you could even call him Mikono-sexual. That's abundantly clear now. While any reasonably attractive girl can make him fly, it's only Mikono that can capture his heart. Zessica had the misfortune of falling in love with a guy who can only love Mikono. That may sound silly, and that may sound cruel, but that does seem to be the case, and in fairness, the anime has been pretty consistent here.


Aquarion EVOL is great entertainment if you don't take shipping preferences and/or thematic preferences too seriously. Otherwise, it can be very disappointing.

Now, that's not to excuse everything, of course. Those two famous Zessica/Amata moments (the confession and the kiss) really look like highly questionable decisions to me now. To an extent, the producers/writers are practically asking for Zessica fans to get enraged, as those fans have been comprehensively trolled. Perhaps her character will escape Mykage's hold and manage to earn herself a good (or at least bittersweet) end, but even then, she will have to cope with Amata not reciprocating her love. And yes, this is in spite of how she has pursued that love a lot more straightforwardly than Mikono has. But... that's just the way it is.


If you put aside the handling of Zessica (which is admittedly a lot to put aside), there's an awful lot to like here.

Mykage is an awesome villain. Shrade was genuinely cool in this episode (and it's good to see that his health issues might actually go somewhere concrete for a change). The action scenes were superbly drawn, directed, and animated, and the action-packed drama was downright glorious at times.

For those reasons, I give this episode a 9/10, even though I can completely understand why some viewers would be pissed off with how this anime has developed.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:32   Link #102
Yusei Fudo
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Satellite
I hope it will be this at the end:

Amata x Zessica

Mikono x Kagura

This will make everyone happy. Period.
Yusei Fudo is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:37   Link #103
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
So I finally got around to watching the episode today after waiting ages early in the morning to find that a soccer match was playing before Aquarion Evol aired LOL (finally got my sleep then)...I was pretty excited for this episode and when I watched it I was like errrrr...dragging shit this far is absolutely ridiculous (and I'm getting impatient now!! I was all good the last couple of episodes (but since its episode 22 I was expecting much much much more!! MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO...I mean I was hoping for them to shed some light on the truth but it was pretty much blabbering on about Aquarion 12,000 years ago (which we all know the story) and man vs man over some woman and Mykage's obsessive desire over the legendary Aqaurion...GAAHH! (Oh and I was also expecting some AWESOME WINGS from Amata like in the Manga version when Mikono was being taken away by Kagura in his dream...SPOILED LOL)...but no the same looking wings he usually has...And Kagura has just got me more and more perplexed...If he and Amata were once the same person (BEING) then why is he spouting stuff like "Your not destined to be with her"..."You can't overcome fate"...Uh HELLOOOOOOO...I'm pretty sure it APPLIES to you too!!!DUH (is the logical sense)...And yeah the mark on Zessica's forehead looks like a PINEAPPLE LOL...SOOO MISS WONG is the chosen element for Aqauarion (I'm assuming)...Anyone have and HUNCH who she is?? And why she is the chosen element? (Because I was perplexed by that saying from Mykage)...Oh and I absolutely LOVED that Mykage "Oh, no you don't bi@tch!" look he was giving Aquarion Spada hahaha...I dont want Shrade to die either (I wanna what this ancient melody thing is...and im pretty sure he's the only one to explain it properly because Fudo will probably do his ZEN thing again...And I didn't see anything wrong with Mikono's character in this episode...she was doing what any character in her situation would do (and how's the girl supposed to fight? She wasn't exactly given a power she could use to fight when she isn't in a vector or Aquarion...Stop hating *I'll probably get a reply or two for this* HAHAHAHA)
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:40   Link #104
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Is Kawamori trying to deconstruct reincarnation romance? I can not seem to support Mikono going with anyone anymore.
orpheus2 is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:42   Link #105
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
I hope it will be this at the end:

Amata x Zessica

Mikono x Kagura

This will make everyone happy. Period.
I don't think Mikono fans will be happy with that unless it ends up being Mikono x Amagura because she clearly should get both and never suffer anything or ever being wrong.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:42   Link #106
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Is Kawamori trying to deconstruct reincarnation romance? I can not seem to support Mikono going with anyone anymore.
No, if he was doing that, we'd be getting Amata/Zessica.

This is just a case were Zessica's handling has taken the shine off of the main romance pairing. For some viewers, anyway.

If you take Zessica out of the equation, this has been fairly straightforward reincarnation romance (albeit with the reincarnation being split in two).
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:47   Link #107
Iwa Ite
Day by Day
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Ugh, main cast (except for Zessica)... you bore me to death It's pain to watch them.
Pretty much Mykage and Fudou are the ones saving it for me

I won't take Shrade's death seriously if he EVER actually dies

Oh and I ship MykagexZessica now
__________________
Iwa Ite is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:47   Link #108
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
The defying fate theme they were trying to push seems to be all but abandoned, they only have 4 episodes left so they most likely just dropped it because really. There's no time left "to" make Amata and Mikono work other than "lulz, Destiny!" and just pretend that Amata was never fighting "Fate/Destiny" in the first place since getting with Mikono is accepting "Fate/Destiny". Only Zessica seems to be fighting it and shes been treated horribly by the writers who are making more and more clear that she was just there for the angst and never had a chance(Thus the entire theme of fighting Fate/Destiny is null and void and was just a huge waste of time that could have been used to actually improve Amata and Mikono if they're supposed to get together). A pity they didn't realize that when they made her the star of multiple episodes and gave her way more development than Amata or Mikono combined and made her a lot more likeable than the leads.

But hey, if they make Amata even more unlikeable to the level Mikono is at that they can always go with their unlikablility as why they should be together.

Basically, "No one likes you two, so you are perfect for each other!".
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:52   Link #109
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwa Ite View Post
Ugh, main cast (except for Zessica)... you bore me to death It's pain to watch them.
Pretty much Mykage and Fudou are the ones saving it for me

I won't take Shrade's death seriously if he EVER actually dies

Oh and I ship MykagexZessica now
But Zen annoys me because he sits on his ass, does practically nothing and still have shits going his way. While Mykage is at least putting some efforts in his grand villainous plan.

Mykage for the win...
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:58   Link #110
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
But Zen annoys me because he sits on his ass, does practically nothing and still have shits going his way. While Mykage is at least putting some efforts in his grand villainous plan.

Mykage for the win...
Mykage is the villian, he's going to lose hard even though he's actually getting stuff done compared to Zen/Fudo. Zen's sitting around was cute, because he seems to want people to do stuff on their own, but there was no excuse for him letting all that stuff happen in Episode 22 when he has the power to intervene just like Mykage has.

Shipping Zessica with Mykage isn't good because Mykage is most likely going to die at the end of EVOL as is Zessica(right now it would be a mercy killing but Mikono better die too because she really deserves death now). Do you really want her to be subjected to even more angst and depession? I for one don't want the writers to move her on to someone else because they will find a way to add even more depression to her just because they hate her compared to Mikono(Ironic sense the fanbase loves Zessica way more than Mikono). They don't want her to be happy it seems and just want her to suffer as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
So I finally got around to watching the episode today after waiting ages early in the morning to find that a soccer match was playing before Aquarion Evol aired LOL (finally got my sleep then)...I was pretty excited for this episode and when I watched it I was like errrrr...dragging shit this far is absolutely ridiculous (and I'm getting impatient now!! I was all good the last couple of episodes (but since its episode 22 I was expecting much much much more!! MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO...I mean I was hoping for them to shed some light on the truth but it was pretty much blabbering on about Aquarion 12,000 years ago (which we all know the story) and man vs man over some woman and Mykage's obsessive desire over the legendary Aqaurion...GAAHH! (Oh and I was also expecting some AWESOME WINGS from Amata like in the Manga version when Mikono was being taken away by Kagura in his dream...SPOILED LOL)...but no the same looking wings he usually has...And Kagura has just got me more and more perplexed...If he and Amata were once the same person (BEING) then why is he spouting stuff like "Your not destined to be with her"..."You can't overcome fate"...Uh HELLOOOOOOO...I'm pretty sure it APPLIES to you too!!!DUH (is the logical sense)...And yeah the mark on Zessica's forehead looks like a PINEAPPLE LOL...SOOO MISS WONG is the chosen element for Aqauarion (I'm assuming)...Anyone have and HUNCH who she is?? And why she is the chosen element? (Because I was perplexed by that saying from Mykage)...Oh and I absolutely LOVED that Mykage "Oh, no you don't bi@tch!" look he was giving Aquarion Spada hahaha...I dont want Shrade to die either (I wanna what this ancient melody thing is...and im pretty sure he's the only one to explain it properly because Fudo will probably do his ZEN thing again...And I didn't see anything wrong with Mikono's character in this episode...she was doing what any character in her situation would do (and how's the girl supposed to fight? She wasn't exactly given a power she could use to fight when she isn't in a vector or Aquarion...Stop hating *I'll probably get a reply or two for this* HAHAHAHA)
It's bad writing, they want people to forget that Amata "is" destined for Mikono. Maybe their way of saying "Hey, Amata is clearly defying fate because he's not "really" destined for Mikono despite actually being destined for her since Kagura says so and he's a fake! See? See?! We aren't jumping ship and Amata isn't a hypocrite!".

It's wrong when you consider this episode dropped off all of Mikono's growth and regressed her back to her useless episode 1 self that can't do anything. Her reaction to Kagura and Amata... Very horrible. Worst is that in the end she not only did nothing but didn't even protest all that much about how things were going. I seriously don't think the writers know what to do about the Zessica(They'll most likely kill her so Mikono wins by default and fans just have to deal with it), Mikono, Kagura, and Amata thing and we'll most likely get a weak and cheap Amagura fusion and still be told that "Clearly Amata has defied fate because he ended up with his Destined Lover! Oh, and so did Kagura so Mikono is getting to eat her cake and ice cream while never having to choose or suffer any consequences. Did we mention that she's Eve too? That means she'll save a planet or two! LIKE HER ALREADY!!! Oh... And let's kick Zessica again, do you hate her already? HATE HER ALREADY!!!".

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-05-28 at 10:11.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:59   Link #111
Iwa Ite
Day by Day
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
But Zen annoys me because he sits on his ass, does practically nothing and still have shits going his way. While Mykage is at least putting some efforts in his grand villainous plan.

Mykage for the win...
Zen has whole damn destiny thing working for him
__________________
Iwa Ite is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 09:59   Link #112
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I don't think Mikono fans will be happy with that unless it ends up being Mikono x Amagura because she clearly should get both and never suffer anything or ever being wrong.
Actually I don't entirely agree with you because I am a PROUD AMATA x MIKONO shipper and I am MAINLY a fan of Mikono. As far as the ending goes I only hope Mikono does not die or sacrifice herself (for whatever reason) and that she at least is still ALIVE in the end...and as for relationships I prefer Amata x Mikono ending or at least if Amata and Kagura are fused together again that Amata will be the head conscious rather than Kagura *starting to slightly jog away from the rampaging Kagura fans* LOL but then again I can settle for Kagura too ;D BUT even though I utterly adore Mikono more than Zessica, I would be disppointed (not entirely) if she were to have a bad ending. ON that note though if she ends up with Amata then I will be rampaging around but I'll get over it LOL...Oh and Mikono has suffered a lot actually, it may not be so blatantly obvious (because Zessica has pretty much conquered that stage), so I wouldn't say "never suffer" and she has been wrong as well, with the whole "we are a useless pair" her and Amata are not useless together, they've won battles and protected their friends and even cheer each other up...so yer I don't understand the Mikono hating (yer she is on top of that tower just shouting out "stop don't fight" and blah blah blah) but WHO PUT HER THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE??!!!! (I'll give ya a HINT...it starts with a K and ends with A...lol)
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:01   Link #113
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Mykage is the villian, he's going to lose hard even though he's actually getting stuff done compared to Zen. Zen's sitting around was cute, because he seems to want people to do stuff on their own, but there was no excuse for him letting all that stuff happen in Episode 22 when he has the power to intervene just like Mykage has.
Since I've been through a lot of butthurt regarding the hardwroking underdog Zessica, I though I could do the same with hardworking underdog Mykage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Actually I don't entirely agree with you because I am a PROUD AMATA x MIKONO shipper and I am MAINLY a fan of Mikono. As far as the ending goes I only hope Mikono does not die or sacrifice herself (for whatever reason) and that she at least is still ALIVE in the end...and as for relationships I prefer Amata x Mikono ending or at least if Amata and Kagura are fused together again that Amata will be the head conscious rather than Kagura *starting to slightly jog away from the rampaging Kagura fans* LOL but then again I can settle for Kagura too ;D BUT even though I utterly adore Mikono more than Zessica, I would be disppointed (not entirely) if she were to have a bad ending. ON that note though if she ends up with Amata then I will be rampaging around but I'll get over it LOL...Oh and Mikono has suffered a lot actually, it may not be so blatantly obvious (because Zessica has pretty much conquered that stage), so I wouldn't say "never suffer" and she has been wrong as well, with the whole "we are a useless pair" her and Amata are not useless together, they've won battles and protected their friends and even cheer each other up...so yer I don't understand the Mikono hating (yer she is on top of that tower just shouting out "stop don't fight" and blah blah blah) but WHO PUT HER THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE??!!!! (I'll give ya a HINT...it starts with a K and ends with A...lol)
I don't think things are looking very well concerning Mikono's survival if you considere her Jesus-like ability. She's probably the key to save Altea/Vega. I could see her sacrificing herself to save everyone thus solving her uselessness issues.

Now Kagura/Amata/Zessica also have giant deatflags floating over their heads. Until this week, I was really expecting a deconstruction (especially considering Kagura's power) and consequently a relatively happy end , but now that it's probably confirmed it's going the straight route, it is almost guaranteed to end up in a tragic way. Ditto the first ED.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-28 at 10:14.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:15   Link #114
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
A shame Zessica is the underdog considering how early on they pushed her forward hard and made her very likeable that fans prefered her over Mikono by a wide margin. Which isn't good because Mikono is supposed to be the "Destined" lover and her being overlooked for Zessica by fans makes it very hard to build up a relationship between the two. Though instead of trying to make Mikono and Amata work they are going down the path of just tormenting Zessica(which is counterproductive since it makes even more feel bad for her and hate Mikono) and now making Amata a horrible person so he can be horrible next to Mikono.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Actually I don't entirely agree with you because I am a PROUD AMATA x MIKONO shipper and I am MAINLY a fan of Mikono. As far as the ending goes I only hope Mikono does not die or sacrifice herself (for whatever reason) and that she at least is still ALIVE in the end...and as for relationships I prefer Amata x Mikono ending or at least if Amata and Kagura are fused together again that Amata will be the head conscious rather than Kagura *starting to slightly jog away from the rampaging Kagura fans* LOL but then again I can settle for Kagura too ;D BUT even though I utterly adore Mikono more than Zessica, I would be disppointed (not entirely) if she were to have a bad ending. ON that note though if she ends up with Amata then I will be rampaging around but I'll get over it LOL...Oh and Mikono has suffered a lot actually, it may not be so blatantly obvious (because Zessica has pretty much conquered that stage), so I wouldn't say "never suffer" and she has been wrong as well, with the whole "we are a useless pair" her and Amata are not useless together, they've won battles and protected their friends and even cheer each other up...so yer I don't understand the Mikono hating (yer she is on top of that tower just shouting out "stop don't fight" and blah blah blah) but WHO PUT HER THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE??!!!! (I'll give ya a HINT...it starts with a K and ends with A...lol)
Not much chance of there being a happy ending for anyone considering how sloppy things have been handled. They should have never used the defy fate theme since clearly only Zessica is actually defying fate and she's failing hard so what message are they trying to send? They should have used that time, now wasted, to develop Mikono and Amata. Instead we got this episode which just reinforced what many are hateing about Amata and Mikono, they're stagnant, predictable, and are severely underdeveloped and this is all the writers fault.

But yeah, I don't think there will be a happy ending considering there's only 4 episodes left and they utterly failed at developing Amata and Mikono who are supposed to be leads. You know there's a problem when the side characters are more developed and loved than the main pair. Again this is all the writers fault if they had planned an Amata and Mikono ending.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:18   Link #115
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Since I've been through a lot of butthurt regarding the hardwroking underdog Zessica, I though I could do the same with hardworking underdog Mykage.



I don't think things are looking very well concerning Mikono's survival if you considere her Jesus-like ability. She's probably the key to save Altea/Vega. I could see her sacrificing herself to save everyone thus solving her uselessness issues.

Now Kagura/Amata/Zessica also have giant deatflags floating over their heads. Until this week, I was really expecting a deconstruction (especially considering Kagura's power) and consequently a relatively happy end , but now that it's probably confirmed it's going the straight route, it is almost guaranteed to end up in a tragic way. Ditto the first ED.
Well as I said in previous posts it can always end up like the MACROSS F 2nd Movie where Alto was transported into deep space...BTW anyone think that the rest of the episodes will follow on the path of Sousei No Aquarion OVA...hint hint hint...WINGS OF GLORY lol
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:22   Link #116
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Well as I said in previous posts it can always end up like the MACROSS F 2nd Movie where Alto was transported into deep space...BTW anyone think that the rest of the episodes will follow on the path of Sousei No Aquarion OVA...hint hint hint...WINGS OF GLORY lol
All that Macross movie told us is that if you're in a harem-like relationship don't choose at the end or you'll end up in a serious state of "WTF?" and leave your chosen lover behind.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:27   Link #117
crayven
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Aquarion EVOL is great entertainment if you don't take shipping preferences and/or thematic preferences too seriously. Otherwise, it can be very disappointing.

Now, that's not to excuse everything, of course. Those two famous Zessica/Amata moments (the confession and the kiss) really look like highly questionable decisions to me now. To an extent, the producers/writers are practically asking for Zessica fans to get enraged, as those fans have been comprehensively trolled. Perhaps her character will escape Mykage's hold and manage to earn herself a good (or at least bittersweet) end, but even then, she will have to cope with Amata not reciprocating her love. And yes, this is in spite of how she has pursued that love a lot more straightforwardly than Mikono has. But... that's just the way it is.
I tend to cheer for the underdog in any anime with romance so I'm prepared to be disappointed most of the time. Ami in Toradora, Sana (the tsundere girl) in Masiphony, Ayase in Ore no Imouto, Noe in True Tears, Akazawa in Another.. the list goes on. One of the few times where the girl I cheer for ends up (sort of) with the MC was the princess in Katanagatari. So yeah, I'm used to disappointment. Still, the way Zessica is tormented every week saddens me more than usual. I have no idea what they are planning to do with her seriously.

I think the writers know exactly what they are doing when they include those two scenes. They know that those romantic moments Zessica has with Amata (even if onesided) and her character would make her more popular than Mikono. Which makes it even weirder that they don't make Amata repond just a bit positively to Zessica's advances, that way we might have a good triangle like in True Tears. Now we have two twisted triangles with obvious outcomes which is disappointing.

The only thing that can remotely improve Zessica's chance is her background story which hasn't been revealed yet. I suspect it's somehow related to her fear of ghosts/darkness and the promise with Mykage. I remember Shouma's secret was also revealed quite late in Mawaru Penguindrum and it let me down. Well, now I just hope that whatever her background story is I'm not too disappointed by it. No sad childhood please I"m tired of that already.

Last edited by crayven; 2012-05-28 at 10:38.
crayven is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:51   Link #118
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Now something I would like to see to up Mikono's usefulness a little before the grand finale, is her trying to talk some sense into Kagura.

Would he even listen to her though ?
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:53   Link #119
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
A shame Zessica is the underdog considering how early on they pushed her forward hard and made her very likeable that fans prefered her over Mikono by a wide margin. Which isn't good because Mikono is supposed to be the "Destined" lover and her being overlooked for Zessica by fans makes it very hard to build up a relationship between the two. Though instead of trying to make Mikono and Amata work they are going down the path of just tormenting Zessica(which is counterproductive since it makes even more feel bad for her and hate Mikono) and now making Amata a horrible person so he can be horrible next to Mikono.


THIS THIS THIS...Is why I feel that they are doing it on PURPOSE...Why else would they change a character's mental state so drastically and yeah I don't become a fan of a character because I feel sorry for them (and honestly I don't feel sorry for Zessica)...she's a genki girl, she should accept and move on (in my opinion) if Amata is as inconsiderate and can't be damned to even giver her a moment (like some people say) then in all honesty she should just completely forget about the guy (not worth her time)...but yer he did say "Thank you" when they did gattai.



Not much chance of there being a happy ending for anyone considering how sloppy things have been handled. They should have never used the defy fate theme since clearly only Zessica is actually defying fate and she's failing hard so what message are they trying to send? They should have used that time, now wasted, to develop Mikono and Amata. Instead we got this episode which just reinforced what many are hateing about Amata and Mikono, they're stagnant, predictable, and are severely underdeveloped and this is all the writers fault.
Unless I am mistaken they haven't explained or properly explained to us what this FATE is...*I would write more but the whole FATE thing to me is ridiculous because as I explained before with Kagura's statement in this episode I find it illogical if this defying FATE thing didn't apply to him as well*...As for Zessica if your assuming her FATE is not to end up with Amata then (yer I agree she's been pushing hard to end up with him) BUT then AGAIN...it wouldn't have been a FATE for her if she didn't fall in love with him in the first place AND whose to say it is or isn't her FATE we are not or shown what her FATE is (I mean at least we can go somewhere with Kagura/Amata/Mikono thing...AND I disagree with your last part, does love have to be so unpredictable, non stagnant and overly developed to be not hated? I've read a lot of romance genre Manga's and the LOVE in the relationship doesn't happen sometimes till pretty much the near end of the series. Unless it's a one-shot then the whole LOVE thing comes full force in the early chapters but is actually quite BORING and not as gripping. This is anime., I mean they have only a certain amount time to pretty much explain things and we all know for a fact that Aquarion Evol has a lot of explaining and revealing to do, so obviously they can't focus on the love thing with the main characters so much (I mean can you imagine all the moe, romantic moments between Amata and Mikono if they had kept it up till now...we'd probably wouldn't get far with the story and obviously there are other characters to focus on and this is mecha and in my opinion they have developed over the last episodes, Amata went from LIKE to LOVE, I mean damn the guy just BLURTED IT OUT in front of her and Kagura! And Mikono has shown concern for him (and no I don't agree that she wanted to be captured by Kagura on purpose and no she is not lusting or in love or whatever other people are saying for Kagura)...instead of blaming the writers (it's partially their fault) but instead blame it on the person or panel that said this writing/ portrayal of the characters is good for this show.
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:59   Link #120
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
All that Macross movie told us is that if you're in a harem-like relationship don't choose at the end or you'll end up in a serious state of "WTF?" and leave your chosen lover behind.
Harem-like relationship? Was there harem in Macross F movie 2?? LOL Errr :S
Winged_Memories is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.