AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-27, 12:22   Link #8461
Crimson Cloak
We Like Ike
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee
Age: 25
I think the other problem is that everyone was riding the Sabertooth hype train.
Crimson Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 12:54   Link #8462
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
By the way did Erza take on the S-rank monster last? That means Erza just owned a monster who is supposed to give a hard time to a wizard saint, while being exhausted!?
Ha ha ha. We were talking about taking on those 100 monsters, but who could take them on and defeat the strongest monster last!
Maybe she crippled it early so it couldn't chase her around, and then came back at the end to finish it off
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 14:01   Link #8463
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
The S-class monster had a huge eye...so Erza let it watch while she killed its family before joining them in hell. She's a cruel one, dayum.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 14:44   Link #8464
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Nah... If she was cruel, she'd have beaten them with their own kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hell, even though it was a dream, I'd been pissed at any less of a gesture from those guys.
Actually, I thought it was excessive. There are only ten Wizard Saint seats, and they wanted to give one up for all eternity? And for what, preventing the resurrection of Zeref? It's not like something like that doesn't happen every other month...

No, for something like that, wait till Zeref's actually back, riding on the back of Acnologia, with the both of them plotting the end of the world. Then if someone somehow destroys them, enshrine them forever as the greatest hero.

Quote:
Also, if you are in that kind of enviornment where you are given acknowledgement for you deeds like that (aka military), then it's an assumption that you'd get some sort of medal or commedation, even if you're not around to receive it. So she probably had that in the back of her mind at the time.

If they try to make her all formal and proper and whatnot, then no she won't.
She's got nothing against excuses to wear formal dresses.

Quote:
Must remember that this is the NEW Magic Council that would awarding it but I think in their eyes, since she's from Fairy Tail, that might be an auto-no. ...unless they'll try to control Fairy Tail thru her...and we know how that will go...



Just aiming to have a 'relatively balanced' world... That and the new council just might try force them to disband for being 'too strong'. I must stress the word 'try'.
The council may be new, but the people haven't changed. They still revere strength (which is how FT has managed to get away with so much shit...) They wouldn't accept "they're too strong" as an excuse to make them disband.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 20:06   Link #8465
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nah... If she was cruel, she'd have beaten them with their own kind.


Actually, I thought it was excessive. There are only ten Wizard Saint seats, and they wanted to give one up for all eternity? And for what, preventing the resurrection of Zeref? It's not like something like that doesn't happen every other month...

No, for something like that, wait till Zeref's actually back, riding on the back of Acnologia, with the both of them plotting the end of the world. Then if someone somehow destroys them, enshrine them forever as the greatest hero.

Hnn, I can see how that could pose a problem...but with one of the seats being 'filled', that leaves 9 voting members. No more deadlocks. And this is just me talking but say that someone DID do something like actually take down Zeref and die in the attempt - I would word a speech having Erza 'give up' her seat to this fellow in 'recognition of his deeds'. Lame yes, but it can work. Just saying that as a possible way around the 'eternally filled' seat.

Quote:
She's got nothing against excuses to wear formal dresses.
Hn, I might have been confusing Wizard Saint 'duties' with Council Member duties when I wrote that part...

The council may be new, but the people haven't changed. They still revere strength (which is how FT has managed to get away with so much shit...) They wouldn't accept "they're too strong" as an excuse to make them disband.[/QUOTE]

'Too Strong' by itself, no they wouldn't. If that was the case, they'd be breating down SaberTooth's neck as well.
'Too Strong to Control' however, yes, so very much so.

@ Randrak42

Yeah but can you imagine just how GIDDY those same older folks are at seeing their favorite FT mages back amongst them and IN THEIR PRIME? It's like if the 90's Bulls Dynasty had disappeared and reappeared right at the height of the Lakers Championship run.
I bet talks of 'FT's Dragon Slayer combo' vs 'ST's Dragon Slayer combo' have rocked Magnolia more than once back in Sting and Rouge's earlier days. I bet even Magnolia's Council was happy to have FT back in action. Getting rid of Twilight Ogre must have been a blessing to some of them.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 22:00   Link #8466
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yeah but can you imagine just how GIDDY those same older folks are at seeing their favorite FT mages back amongst them and IN THEIR PRIME? It's like if the 90's Bulls Dynasty had disappeared and reappeared right at the height of the Lakers Championship run.
...Dang, that's a great way of putting it.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:18   Link #8467
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
A new competition with various rules, all of them pointless because Erza pwned them all .

If Erza would've played SAO, many things could been avoided ;___;.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:57   Link #8468
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnn, I can see how that could pose a problem...but with one of the seats being 'filled', that leaves 9 voting members.
My point is, if they have to give up a seat every time someone dies preventing Zeref's resurrection, they'll run out fast. Not even six months after Lucy joined FT, and there were two attempts that we know of (Gerard's and Grimoire Heart's). And that's completely neglecting other incidents like Nirvana's.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 14:26   Link #8469
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
True...true...I see your points. It just boggled my mind how some of the older people forgot that FT actually has strong members, even after seeing the S-class ones returning.
I don't know people move on, new and stronger celebrities like the members of Sabertooth pop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The council may be new, but the people haven't changed. They still revere strength (which is how FT has managed to get away with so much shit...) They wouldn't accept "they're too strong" as an excuse to make them disband.
I wouldn't be so sure the new Council was planning to shutdown Fairy Tail before the time skip because they had grown to powerful.


Glad to see Ezra hasn't lost a step I was worried Mashima might upset the balance and have Natsu leave everyone in the dust with the powerups but it looks like Ezra still got it. The only one I'm wondering about is Gray we still really haven't seen anything from him.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 20:44   Link #8470
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
The only one I'm wondering about is Gray we still really haven't seen anything from him.
Gray should be fine. While the game he was in didn't give him a chance to showcase himself, Jet and Droy did remark upon the increase in his attack power. He just couldn't show it off as he was in a game that demanded high accuracy rather than AOE, and prevented counter attacks upon successfully being attacked. Not to mention Gray fights best half naked and the fact that his copies were all clothed meant he had to stay dressed as well.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:15   Link #8471
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Gray is better off in a one on one fight or a free all battle with multiple opponents. Gray only know how to fight, he is no good in a technically objective match. Erza, what is there to say that haven't been said. She is probably the last female you wouldn't want to anger. Natsu, he is adaptive fighter and he is close quarter combat. Natsu is considered one of the top fighters in Fairy Tail when he is motivated, despite him being defeated time and time again by the S Class wizards in the guild, he isn't one where you take your eyes off for a second. He probably has the most endurance in the entire Manga, he doesn't know when to go down.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:20   Link #8472
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Gray is better off in a one on one fight or a free all battle with multiple opponents. Gray only know how to fight, he is no good in a technically objective match. Erza, what is there to say that haven't been said. She is probably the last female you wouldn't want to anger. Natsu, he is adaptive fighter and he is close quarter combat. Natsu is considered one of the top fighters in Fairy Tail when he is motivated, despite him being defeated time and time again by the S Class wizards in the guild, he isn't one where you take your eyes off for a second. He probably has the most endurance in the entire Manga, he doesn't know when to go down.
And don't forget Lucy. While she's often overshadowed by the more powerful mages in FT, she's easily the most powerful celestial spirit mage currently alive. And with some of the celestial magic she has the potential to learn, magic like Urano Metria, she's literally on the cusp of being the zOMG PWN type that Erza just proved to be. Not to mention, the last 2 (3) Gold keys are practically hers if she but asks for them.
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:23   Link #8473
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
And don't forget Lucy. While she's often overshadowed by the more powerful mages in FT, she's easily the most powerful celestial spirit mage currently alive.
Considering there's only like...2 spirit mages left then it isn't that hard to be the strongest :<
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:31   Link #8474
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
In Lucy defense she has gotten stronger and she faced off against some pretty good Spirit Mages in the past. She would have won in that match against the hair girl if she wasn't using dirty tricks and people were helping her as well. She holds her own pretty well, though still far from Erza level. Speaking about Erza, if Erza and Mira were to have another match who would win?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:39   Link #8475
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
In Lucy defense she has gotten stronger and she faced off against some pretty good Spirit Mages in the past. She would have won in that match against the hair girl if she wasn't using dirty tricks and people were helping her as well. She holds her own pretty well, though still far from Erza level. Speaking about Erza, if Erza and Mira were to have another match who would win?
Probably a tie.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:49   Link #8476
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Speaking about Erza, if Erza and Mira were to have another match who would win?
Impossible to say at the moment. Mirajane showed a new form, but overall her match was a non-feat. So we have no way of knowing if she's managed to catch back up to Erza or not.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:56   Link #8477
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
It's like Natsu and Gray, like those two, they were established as rivals and equals. We know that one might be stronger than the other (Natsu for example...should be a bit stronger than Gray) but if they ever fought Mashima would have the match interrupted, a tie or some comical win that doesn't count for anything.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 23:01   Link #8478
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Gray should be fine. While the game he was in didn't give him a chance to showcase himself, Jet and Droy did remark upon the increase in his attack power. He just couldn't show it off as he was in a game that demanded high accuracy rather than AOE, and prevented counter attacks upon successfully being attacked. Not to mention Gray fights best half naked and the fact that his copies were all clothed meant he had to stay dressed as well.
Well I agree that wasn't a good place for him show off his new powers. But I'm still a little skeptical as to whether it will pan out or not especially since all we got were vague comments of how powerful he became. Oh well even if Gray's powerup is a flop and he drops a spot on the team Lucy moves up to third strongest member that I wouldn't mind that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
And don't forget Lucy. While she's often overshadowed by the more powerful mages in FT, she's easily the most powerful celestial spirit mage currently alive. And with some of the celestial magic she has the potential to learn, magic like Urano Metria, she's literally on the cusp of being the zOMG PWN type that Erza just proved to be. Not to mention, the last 2 (3) Gold keys are practically hers if she but asks for them.
Lucy's nowhere close to Ezra's level and Urano Metria let's wait and see how powerful it really is sure it allowed Lucy to win against Angel but let's face it Angel's character mainly relied on deception and manipulation to win not brute strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
In Lucy defense she has gotten stronger and she faced off against some pretty good Spirit Mages in the past.
No Lucy hasn't faced off against some pretty good Spirit Mages Angel couldn't beat anyone in a fair fight and that's only case where she really faced a celestial mage Duke Everlue has to be discounted because Natsu was the one who took his only celestial spirit Virgo.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 00:02   Link #8479
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well I agree that wasn't a good place for him show off his new powers. But I'm still a little skeptical as to whether it will pan out or not especially since all we got were vague comments of how powerful he became. Oh well even if Gray's powerup is a flop and he drops a spot on the team Lucy moves up to third strongest member that I wouldn't mind that either.
Given the way Gray was basically swearing vengeance upon Narpudding and Rufus, I'm pretty sure it'll pan out. Not sure how different things will appear to us though. The nature of Gray's power means he doesn't really have any obvious way to show us he's more powerful the way Natsu getting effective use of LFD mode, or Lucy multi-spirit summon does.

Quote:
Lucy's nowhere close to Ezra's level and Urano Metria let's wait and see how powerful it really is sure it allowed Lucy to win against Angel but let's face it Angel's character mainly relied on deception and manipulation to win not brute strength.

No Lucy hasn't faced off against some pretty good Spirit Mages Angel couldn't beat anyone in a fair fight and that's only case where she really faced a celestial mage Duke Everlue has to be discounted because Natsu was the one who took his only celestial spirit Virgo.
Umm, Angel was pretty powerful. Yeah she went more for surprise and cunning, but she still was able to take out both Aries and Loki with one blast from a silver key Caellum, and Gemini copying Lucy was able to likewise one-hit Tarus using Caellum. Plus Gemini was able to copy Gray, which means Angel was at least roughly as strong as Gray then.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 00:23   Link #8480
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I wish Yukino stole all of Lucy's keys and became Natsu's partner.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.