AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-16, 01:16   Link #3241
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I still prefer and enjoyed 00 much more to AGE (from what has been shown), but AGE is entertaining so far.
To date the only Gundam universe I haven't really enjoyed is the CE one and SD Gundam Force. I honestly greatly enjoyed every other show, which gives it a pretty damn good track record I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I don't care anymore. what I know is that we're being entertained by AGE so far.
Yeah pretty much this. Too much emphasis gets put on sales and the like these days and I figure since I have very little control over it I'd rather just watch shows and decided how I feel about them myself.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 13:54   Link #3242
Faerie
Headless
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
So.. since I've dropped this halfway through Zehart's arc... how do those who are still watching feel about this show now? Has it improved since Arc1/ first half of Arc2? If so, how much- would you call it on-par with modern mecha anime/ other gundam series, or is it better but still not on-par with comparable shows?
In short, is Age something you would recommend (to a friend? Or to a relatively hard to please viewer)? Did it improve story/character wise?
I'm unsure if I should try and pick this up again, so I thought I'd ask how those who stuck it out so far are finding it.

Btw, following the threads a little, it's funny how viewers seem to be turning against Flit over the course of gen 2-3. Always said he was a little prick
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 14:47   Link #3243
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Ironically you dropped in the moment when the history make his mayor changes... you see the battle of Big Ring? see how Asemu always think of Himself as a 'second best' before 'being himself? Watch the plot twist at the chapter 28=.

In general AGE is only recomendable(as any gundam series) for fans of the mecha anime, even with some low 'starts' and 'slow pace'(fardain, Asemu start of generation,etc),the series have presented a very original narrative twist and very nice battle, can workd as gateway for anime for fisrtwatcher like those who only saw thing like DBZ, Naruto,Etc...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 15:27   Link #3244
Faerie
Headless
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
In general AGE is only recomendable(as any gundam series) for fans of the mecha anime,
Hmmm, interesting that you'd say that... I'd not recommend it for a first time anime viewer. You'd logically give them something that's a near perfect example of a show for their age group/interests, and that just isn't Age- even if it picked up... the first Arc being as it is would turn off most casual viewers. It's got bigger chances with long-time fans, I'd have thought..

I remember it picked up a bit but I dropped it anyways because it was alright but I wasn't too excited to find out what happens next... in the sense that I actually completely forgot that it was airing ^^'
So I'm curious if people think it has turned into something you should watch in the episodes I've missed. Especially, has the character development improved at all?
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 15:45   Link #3245
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
If you ask me, if I dropped a show, I'm not going to to watch it anytime soon. Because, seriously, why pick up something again that I got bored watching? Watching till I found something I will like? It'll be forcing myself more than the first time. I'll just move on.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 23:12   Link #3246
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
So.. since I've dropped this halfway through Zehart's arc... how do those who are still watching feel about this show now? Has it improved since Arc1/ first half of Arc2? If so, how much- would you call it on-par with modern mecha anime/ other gundam series, or is it better but still not on-par with comparable shows?
In short, is Age something you would recommend (to a friend? Or to a relatively hard to please viewer)? Did it improve story/character wise?
I'm unsure if I should try and pick this up again, so I thought I'd ask how those who stuck it out so far are finding it.

Btw, following the threads a little, it's funny how viewers seem to be turning against Flit over the course of gen 2-3. Always said he was a little prick
Flit being a little prick is an understatement in those threads. If you're curious about that, you should try picking it up from the last episode of Asem's chapter. See if Flit is indeed the nastiest gundam character in recent times.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 23:19   Link #3247
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Personally I kinda like Flit and I don't think he was that nasty in Gen 2, even if he was a bit cold. The only problem I've had with him morally so far was the way he trained Kio.

I usually find myself to be different when it comes to my likeness of Flit, I hated him very much in Gen 1 and actually loved him in Gen 2. Still not sure about Gen 3 yet though.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 06:21   Link #3248
Faerie
Headless
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
If you ask me, if I dropped a show, I'm not going to to watch it anytime soon.
Normally totally true. It's because it's Gundam that it gets the benefit of the doubt really... when you waited a couple of years for the next instalment you don't really want to believe you hate it
(It's called being delusional lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Flit being a little prick is an understatement in those threads. If you're curious about that, you should try picking it up from the last episode of Asem's chapter. See if Flit is indeed the nastiest gundam character in recent times.
Well, I've always hated Flit... it was quite obvious he was a nasty little sh*t even back in Gen1... or at least I thought so. A lot of people liked him back then though, so it's interesting how they managed to change that sentiment over time.
It's quite brave to portray a protagonist this way though. Got to give credit for that.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 10:55   Link #3249
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
I loved Flit in the first gen, but in the second gen he became a douche which is understandable cause he lost his love interest and who knows how many more comrades to the vegan between gen 1 and gen 2.

Overall I think he is an alright character. I prefer Dat Assemu more as a character though.
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:28   Link #3250
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Yep, I like Asemu too. There's just this charm about him that Kio and Flit don't. I guess his inner conflict was the best out of the three. Kio's bout with reality next episode might make him even deeper than his father though.

But so far.

Asemu >> Kio >>>> Flit
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:36   Link #3251
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Normally totally true. It's because it's Gundam that it gets the benefit of the doubt really... when you waited a couple of years for the next instalment you don't really want to believe you hate it
(It's called being delusional lol)



Well, I've always hated Flit... it was quite obvious he was a nasty little sh*t even back in Gen1... or at least I thought so. A lot of people liked him back then though, so it's interesting how they managed to change that sentiment over time.
It's quite brave to portray a protagonist this way though. Got to give credit for that.
Pretty effective too, considering the reaction from EVERY little thing Flit do, even when his son (and now his grandson) was the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
I loved Flit in the first gen, but in the second gen he became a douche which is understandable cause he lost his love interest and who knows how many more comrades to the vegan between gen 1 and gen 2.

Overall I think he is an alright character. I prefer Dat Assemu more as a character though.
I see what you did there. I prefer Asem too, sometimes wishing it was Flit who went on a final mission and became MIA. Returning as a one-eyed pirate, promising raiding Mars would have been a greater character portrayal for Flit.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 12:02   Link #3252
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Casval, As much as that would've rocked, We wouldn't have
Spoiler:
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 15:32   Link #3253
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I'm not seeing how Flit was supposedly a douche in generation 2.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 16:21   Link #3254
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Casval, As much as that would've rocked, We wouldn't have
Spoiler:
Why? all the spoiler send to looks that is not even is a spoiler...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 16:11   Link #3255
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Code:
世帯 個人.KID TEN M1 M2 M3  F1 F2  F3 
*2.6 *1.2 *1.6 *1.5 *1.1 *1.6 *0.9 *0.7 *2.5 *0.5 05/06 TBS 17:00-17:30 機動戦士ガンダムAGE 30話
Ep 30 ratings a bit better than Ep 29... The trend seems to be that they lost a large chunk of their M1 audience while the KID audience has improved a tiny bit from the Asemu days... So at least now the ratings are distributed more evenly across the board...
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 16:29   Link #3256
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
What are the first two columns? The first column for episode 30 seems to be a lot better than for episode 29.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:23   Link #3257
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
What are the first two columns? The first column for episode 30 seems to be a lot better than for episode 29.
First one is households, second is individuals.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 10:25   Link #3258
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Is 2.6 for the average TV show good, average, or bad? I know its terrible compared to the rest of the Gundams aired, but just curious.
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:22   Link #3259
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Is 2.6 for the average TV show good, average, or bad? I know its terrible compared to the rest of the Gundams aired, but just curious.
Its not good for the timeslot its in.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 09:55   Link #3260
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
ついにAGEの平均視聴率が
Xを下回り歴代最低を記録

キオ編開始
31話 *1.7 *0.8 +0.2 *0.1 *0.4 *2.3 *0.4 *0.2 *1.9 *0.7 05/13 TBS 17:00-17:30

■ガンダムシリーズ平均視聴率■
*6.60% 1985 機動戦士Zガンダム
*6.12% 1986 機動戦士ガンダムZZ         (*6.1276%)
*6.12% 2002 機動戦士ガンダムSEED        (*6.1240%)
*5.41% 2004 機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY
*5.32% 1979 機動戦士ガンダム
*4.84% 2007 機動戦士ガンダムOO
*4.47% 2008 機動戦士ガンダムOO 2nd season
*4.25% 1995 新機動戦記ガンダムW
*4.11% 1994 機動武闘伝Gガンダム
*3.89% 1993 機動戦士Vガンダム
*3.10% 2000 G-SAVIOUR
*2.99% 1999 ∀ガンダム
*2.75% 1996 機動新世紀ガンダムX (前半*3.51% 後半*1.21%)
*2.73% 2011 機動戦士ガンダムAGE (第31話までの平均)
AGE just broke X's record of all time low.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.