AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-31, 04:17   Link #7441
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Sony patent could see games interrupted by compulsory ads.

I think I broke my hand with that facepalm.

Although I did like this image in response to it:

Produit placement is one thing, if well done you barely notice it.
This, horever...
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 06:49   Link #7442
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Oh kids.

New Grads Toss Their Caps While Their School Burns, Baby, Burns
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 08:06   Link #7443
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Produit placement is one thing, if well done you barely notice it.
This, horever...
Yeah, in something like, say, Secret World (mmo) or GTA or other modern setting series - I'd be utterly fine with subversive hip product placement on billboards, holo-ads in the game, etc.

Stop a game I have already *purchased* to force me to watch? Don't start the game without viewing commercials first? Watch how fast that game will be ripped out of my system. Now a F2P? Meh, if they think it'll survive player response, sure.
Just warning advertisers right now...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:05   Link #7444
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 45
I wonder if whoever thought this up has a death wish. The only thing greater than a woman's scorn, is a gamer's scorn.

Endless "Get a rope" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:08   Link #7445
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Combine that with the whole "no used games" rumor that's going on for the next XBox and Playstation, and you've basically just had the console industry commit suicide. The smart developers will continue to just make PS3/WiiU/360 games, as they'll be the last consoles anyone buys.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:43   Link #7446
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Combine that with the whole "no used games" rumor
From what I have read it is far from a rumour and it would not only affect used games, suppose your console breaks down and even if your warranty is stil valid and you get a new piece of hardware for free, ALL of your game collection will not work in the new piece of hardware, ok, maybe they will let you play the demo and maybe they will give you a discount on the purchase of the same games you already own. As they say "Greed is good, and now it is legal".
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:16   Link #7447
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Wait, wasn't our relationship...... Otouto, how could you say that!

Will you keep that down? You are embarrassing us! I don't have that kind of relationship with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Incest is wincest

More to the point it seems that if blood relatives meet later in life rather than grow up together, they tend to get attracted to each other, blood attraction or something, according to an article I read before.
Maybe that is the reason why first cousins tend to marry.....and.....

Inbreeding Causing Rise In Birth Defects
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:17   Link #7448
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
Having digital only consoles, and say ads in demos and F2Pmstuff I could see. Invasive ads in purchased stuff no l, I don't want to see. Losing your collection because of a console fault I don't see. That is a critical fault and would have government regulators dropping on them like a ton of bricks for anti-consumer practices or whatever it is called. They would be forced to patch it out.

I would see it like this; the games would be bound to your account, presumably download-only consoles would require always on connections, so you'd have a limit of probably 5 times you can bind your account to a console in one life time - the same as Apple let's you with iTunes accounts. But like Steam and Origin you can only be logged into one at a time. getting around that would result in the usual bannings and loss of games.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:10   Link #7449
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
North Korea establishes their own SNSD

__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:32   Link #7450
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And that's when I'd stop buying new games...
I was just thinking about getting a PS3 this year, but if Sony goes in that direction definitely not...
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:37   Link #7451
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I was just thinking about getting a PS3 this year, but if Sony goes in that direction definitely not...
Why would this discourage you from getting a PS3? This wouldn't go into effect until the PS4 at earliest, so if there's games you want to play or to have a good blu-ray player or whatever, this shouldn't stop you.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:39   Link #7452
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why would this discourage you from getting a PS3? This wouldn't go into effect until the PS4 at earliest, so if there's games you want to play or to have a good blu-ray player or whatever, this shouldn't stop you.
Because Sony is behind it .
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:42   Link #7453
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
The system is more than 5 years old at this point. Any boycott as a form of protest would be meaningless. They won't "hear" you disagreeing with their motives. So there's really no reason to deny yourself if there were games you wanted.

In fact, it'd be a stronger voice to buy a PS3, and not a PS4. Then the numbers between the systems would be ever so slightly larger.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:47   Link #7454
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
^ Buying a new PS3 still represents profits for sony, so want it or not you are supporting the company that will bring on the "no used games" fiasco. My suggestion is to buy a good used PS3, and only buy used games, that way Sony wont get a cent >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:58   Link #7455
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Meh, I prefer not to punish someone or something for something that they haven't done yet. It is, after all, only a rumor at the moment. Granted there's a basis in the rumor, but until it actually gets confirmed it'd be beyond childish to punish them for it. Complain, send emails, etc if you want, but a boycott seems rather... eh.

Plus, buying everything used to spite them just enhances their own argument for why they would need to do such a thing in the first place.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 12:06   Link #7456
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Plus, buying everything used to spite them just enhances their own argument for why they would need to do such a thing in the first place.
Used games have existed since the atari 2600 game console hit the market in 1977, doing away with them is just an excuse (as in, it does not matter whether the used game market grows or shrinks in 2012) to increase their profits, with the sales in the video games market in the billions of dollars there is no valid reason to say they are in a crisis that requires such measures. Punishing them now that the ps4 hasn't hit the market might get them to rethink their strategy from a "can do no harm" to "better stop this before it blows in our faces" to lure irate buyers into the new generation.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:09   Link #7457
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
US man murders roommate, eats heart, brain: report

My friends, the zombie outbreak may have already started, ready your defenses
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:30   Link #7458
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Is the end in sight for bucket-sized sodas?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:37   Link #7459
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
^ Hey seņor, I can sell you a cold 3 lts coca cola bottle, cheap, 20 dollars. <--- for those who do not understand the joke, making something people are used to consuming illegal only makes it more profitable.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:51   Link #7460
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Thing is, it doesn't make that much soda illegal. It just makes it so you can't put it all in one container. You can still easily buy 3 cans at 12oz each, but not a singular 32oz cup, despite that being less soda.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.