AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-26, 09:58   Link #3341
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just a question, isn't Perfect strike Gundam basically the same as Destiny Gundam? Both have the main features of their boosters.
No, it's just a tribute to "Perfect" Gundam. It also seems to be sorta like a wannabe Destiny but I doubt they used its concept to make Destiny. They already had regular Strike and the Strike packs, Destiny was just a highly advanced Gundam that got rid of the weakness of the Strike pack system by using all 3 packs together at the same time in a coherent way.

Also... Wasn't the Perfect Strike Gundam made after Destiny came out? Like wasn't it added in for the remastered HD version of SEED? It was never completed/used in the anime from what I can recall.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:33   Link #3342
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
right now i prefer Destiny than Perfect strike. It look more balanced
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 00:32   Link #3343
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
right now i prefer Destiny than Perfect strike. It look more balanced
Well, Perfect Strike is just the clunky Strike with all the packs on. Destiny was made from the ground up to incorporate all the packs which gives it a more natural and sleek look.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:00   Link #3344
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Finished up rewatching epsodes 11-15 last night.

I don't know what it is, but I am liking SEED...5x more than I did before. I just really really really love the first half of the show. Everything until the Freedom and KiraxLacus was so god damn great. I pretty much stop rating the series then.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:03   Link #3345
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Finished up rewatching epsodes 11-15 last night.

I don't know what it is, but I am liking SEED...5x more than I did before. I just really really really love the first half of the show. Everything until the Freedom and KiraxLacus was so god damn great. I pretty much stop rating the series then.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 22:57   Link #3346
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No, it's just a tribute to "Perfect" Gundam. It also seems to be sorta like a wannabe Destiny but I doubt they used its concept to make Destiny. They already had regular Strike and the Strike packs, Destiny was just a highly advanced Gundam that got rid of the weakness of the Strike pack system by using all 3 packs together at the same time in a coherent way.

Also... Wasn't the Perfect Strike Gundam made after Destiny came out? Like wasn't it added in for the remastered HD version of SEED? It was never completed/used in the anime from what I can recall.
The concept of a 'perfect strike' was conceived in the early development of Seed.. Fukuda asked Okawara to design a MS that combined the ability of aile, launcher, and sword Striker Packs as Kira's second Gundam. There's even an early concept art of this MS from 2003 on the Internet. (I can't find it though)

However the concept didn't work out and they never settled on a final design, because producing and animating such a MS would have been too expensive in 2002.

It is then when Okawara pitched the idea of a MS with wings and long range capabilities, which of course turned into the Freedom as we know today. The change was such a big deal that they had to rewrite the majority of the battle scenes in the second half of Seed.

So no, the perfect strike is not a Destiny wannabe, it's the product of an idea that is more than a decade old.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 23:37   Link #3347
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I was gonna say, most people already knew that the Destiny was in fact the design philosophy that they originally wanted for the Freedom (or rather, the mobile suit Kira would get after the Strike). It was hardly the other way around.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 02:02   Link #3348
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
can anyone tell me if the remastered of seed is doing good in japan? or is it to early to know
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:45   Link #3349
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
can anyone tell me if the remastered of seed is doing good in japan? or is it to early to know
I can't find the MAL thread for it, but the first boxset sold quite well and SEED is the most popular Gundam in Japan.
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 13:20   Link #3350
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
I can't find the MAL thread for it, but the first boxset sold quite well and SEED is the most popular Gundam in Japan.
SEED is Bandai's money cow.

if they do release a Movie to tie all loose ends, they are gonna get a pot of gold.

but I wonder what's keeping them from doing so?
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 18:21   Link #3351
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Another to way gauge SEED's success is Bandai's Robot Damashii line. They have already made the Strike, Duel, and Buster Gundam, with the Strike Dagger coming out in September.

I know the Robot Damashii series pretty well, for Bandai to make several figures of one series, and one be a grunt, and not be an exclusive, means a lot.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 18:26   Link #3352
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Another to way gauge SEED's success is Bandai's Robot Damashii line. They have already made the Strike, Duel, and Buster Gundam, with the Strike Dagger coming out in September.

I know the Robot Damashii series pretty well, for Bandai to make several figures of one series, and one be a grunt, and not be an exclusive, means a lot.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 22:36   Link #3353
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
The concept of a 'perfect strike' was conceived in the early development of Seed.. Fukuda asked Okawara to design a MS that combined the ability of aile, launcher, and sword Striker Packs as Kira's second Gundam. There's even an early concept art of this MS from 2003 on the Internet. (I can't find it though)

However the concept didn't work out and they never settled on a final design, because producing and animating such a MS would have been too expensive in 2002.

It is then when Okawara pitched the idea of a MS with wings and long range capabilities, which of course turned into the Freedom as we know today. The change was such a big deal that they had to rewrite the majority of the battle scenes in the second half of Seed.

So no, the perfect strike is not a Destiny wannabe, it's the product of an idea that is more than a decade old.
A product that wasn't realized in its time and doesn't match any of the old concept arts for it. So it is pretty much a Destiny wannabe that was finally realized after the fact. Don't forget that Destiny was in the works long before GSD was even greenlighted or GS ended.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 05:22   Link #3354
Zulu Keita
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
can anyone tell me if the remastered of seed is doing good in japan? or is it to early to know
I bet its doing well, I mean they put a lot of effort into doing something special for the 10 year anniversary and I bet they did it for a reason, they know it will be a success. Also Bandai decided to release a bunch of new versions of older 1/144 kits and release several MG kits as well...Robot Damashii also have started releasing several SEED kits due to the remastered HD edition currently running in Japan.

If those are any indicators, I think they are doing very well, otherwise I doubt they would invest so much money into it.

Also when the Gundam Seed originally aired, it did amazingly in the ratings and was a huge hit among Gundam fans in Japan.

Gundam Seed is, like said above, A cash Cow...
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 14:44   Link #3355
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 24
Quote:
A product that wasn't realized in its time and doesn't match any of the old concept arts for it. So it is pretty much a Destiny wannabe that was finally realized after the fact.
Could you rephrase this? I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.

Quote:
Don't forget that Destiny was in the works long before GSD was even greenlighted or GS ended.
No. The pre-production on Destiny started after the production on Seed was completed. They are both made by the same team, it's imposible to work on two projects at the same time. Fukuda said that a sequel to Seed was never intended, but the fact that it was such a hit more or less forced them to make a sequel. This is probably one of the reasons why Destiny had so many technical difficulties in production.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 15:28   Link #3356
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Could you rephrase this? I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.



No. The pre-production on Destiny started after the production on Seed was completed. They are both made by the same team, it's imposible to work on two projects at the same time. Fukuda said that a sequel to Seed was never intended, but the fact that it was such a hit more or less forced them to make a sequel. This is probably one of the reasons why Destiny had so many technical difficulties in production.
Destiny had issues because of scripts being turned in late and last minut editing.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 15:51   Link #3357
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Could you rephrase this? I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.



No. The pre-production on Destiny started after the production on Seed was completed. They are both made by the same team, it's imposible to work on two projects at the same time. Fukuda said that a sequel to Seed was never intended, but the fact that it was such a hit more or less forced them to make a sequel. This is probably one of the reasons why Destiny had so many technical difficulties in production.
I'm saying that Destiny was the real deal and Perfect Strike was scrapped a long time ago than attention was brought back to it. It wasn't until later that they revisited it and when they did it looked nothing like the concept artwork for it.

Destiny Gundam was originally planned to be the upgrade for the Strike, not the Perfect Strike. It had been in the works for a while, they just settled for beam spam Freedom and used the work they did for the Destiny, reworked it, and gave it as an upgrade for Shinn in the sequel that they were eventually made.

GSD had far more problems than just that. Most of it stemmed off reusing a ton of stock footage from old episodes and seed as well as the internal turmoil that was happening behind the scenes.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 04:14   Link #3358
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I never realized that Aile Strike had to basically throw away its rifle before using it can use its saber while still keeping the shield. It's funny how Kira just casually laid it down on top of the Archangel and then casually picked it up again in this episode.

I wonder how much will be cut next episode. There's quite a few recaps in the next couple of episodes of the original series.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:48   Link #3359
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'm saying that Destiny was the real deal and Perfect Strike was scrapped a long time ago than attention was brought back to it. It wasn't until later that they revisited it and when they did it looked nothing like the concept artwork for it.

Destiny Gundam was originally planned to be the upgrade for the Strike, not the Perfect Strike. It had been in the works for a while, they just settled for beam spam Freedom and used the work they did for the Destiny, reworked it, and gave it as an upgrade for Shinn in the sequel that they were eventually made.

GSD had far more problems than just that. Most of it stemmed off reusing a ton of stock footage from old episodes and seed as well as the internal turmoil that was happening behind the scenes.
Wasn't it a bigger issue that they made Shinn a total and complete prick?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:53   Link #3360
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I never realized that Aile Strike had to basically throw away its rifle before using it can use its saber while still keeping the shield. It's funny how Kira just casually laid it down on top of the Archangel and then casually picked it up again in this episode.

I wonder how much will be cut next episode. There's quite a few recaps in the next couple of episodes of the original series.
If I remember it right, on the episode where Kira kills Nico, you can clearly see that Aile strike can actually attach the rifle on its right hip armor. It is just that the staff never makes it consistent. So sometimes Kira can find a place to attach the rifle and sometimes he just has to throw it away
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.