AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-31, 11:00   Link #61
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
lol Quincies don't use metals for there bow and arrows, can't make them fall down with your shikai Kira. I guess because of that Kubo decided to kill him. It's funny cause no one cares about him dying anymore

I have a request Kubo
kill Soi Fon's VC next..... kill his whole clan too
oh and make it brutal
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:37   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Kubo's sameface syndrome seems to be getting worse. He's not even trying anymore.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 14:07   Link #63
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
(On a side note, for reasons that continue to elude me Kira is one of the top fan favourites in Japan. He's consistently within the top 5 in polls done by the various magazines. Puts the odds even more in his favour if you ask me).
this has also bothered me for a while. the only reasons I can come up with are his blond hair or his name... he's a very boring character, especially compared to a bunch of others that he is apparently more popular than. So I tend to agree that he isn't dead based on his popularity as well as his not-quite deadly injury. Of course I also agree that kira dying would help the manga quite a bit.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 16:08   Link #64
Mateus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
So there is a little girl quincy, a punk, an old guy, and someone with a hannibal-lector mask...interesting.
__________________
Account closing soon, found original account, thanks.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:36   Link #65
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Unless Ishida gropes a girl without realising she's his older sister, then no he's no Theon Greyjoy...
i lol'd at this! actually, in the book it's asha who groped him first.

Quote:
this has also bothered me for a while. the only reasons I can come up with are his blond hair or his name... he's a very boring character, especially compared to a bunch of others that he is apparently more popular than.
maybe they like his zanpakutou? wabisuke is kinda interesting. but then again, all you have to do to defeat him is not clash swords with him.

the only thing that i found interesting about kira is the fact that he was voiced by the same seiyuu who voiced kanda yuu in d.gray-man.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 00:56   Link #66
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 41
Kira's still alive, at least for a little while. Kubo made a point of showing that his zanpakuto survived the blast (lol amputation overkill), so he'll pop up out of nowhere and save someone at the last second by wielding his hax shikai (which works on wielders as well as their weapons, remember) in his other hand.

Then he can die.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 03:31   Link #67
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
lol Quincies don't use metals for there bow and arrows, can't make them fall down with your shikai Kira. I guess because of that Kubo decided to kill him. It's funny cause no one cares about him dying anymore

I have a request Kubo
kill Soi Fon's VC next..... kill his whole clan too
oh and make it brutal
Oh yes please. And Kill of Renji too. I'm tired of him and his worthless bankai - maybe his will get sealed away and he'd die too.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 03:52   Link #68
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
So the standout is the girl in the German officer clothing with the heart shaped belt it seems.

$20 says her opponent is Kyoraku or Ukitake
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 05:27   Link #69
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
maybe they like his zanpakutou? wabisuke is kinda interesting. but then again, all you have to do to defeat him is not clash swords with him.
Naw... no one really cares about the swords here. It's mainly that people like the VAs in the anime and then it translates into popularity in the manga. Case in point - Hitsugaya. The Japanese VA is insanely popular here so everyone loves his character.

Kira's very Japanese... maybe that's part of it too. I can't really think of any other way to explain it. They've got this whole "tatemae" culture here and it makes sense if you look at his character.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 05:29   Link #70
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
lol you'd piss off the inoue fan boys in this forums by saying that. i doubt kubo would kill the popular characters though. but if i were him, i'd start killing the shinigami captains, starting with yamaji. he's been commander for centuries, it's high time he retires.
LOL! My bad.

No one can deny though that taking a character like that, who is really very light and brings an element of faith, cheer and positiveness to even the worst scenarios, and killing her off would make a serious statement about the power of these new rivals.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 07:51   Link #71
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Naw... no one really cares about the swords here. It's mainly that people like the VAs in the anime and then it translates into popularity in the manga. Case in point - Hitsugaya. The Japanese VA is insanely popular here so everyone loves his character.

Kira's very Japanese... maybe that's part of it too. I can't really think of any other way to explain it. They've got this whole "tatemae" culture here and it makes sense if you look at his character.
ah, park romi, the japanese-bred korean actress and singer. she's easily my favorite female seiyuu as well. she voiced my favorite female anime character, teresa of the faint smile of claymore, and edward elric of full metal alchemist. i suppose i understand sakurai takahiro's popularity as well. he was also cloud strife and sasori in naruto, after all.

hmmm... kira embodies the tatemae culture? i guess so. he does seem like the overly polite type who adheres to tradition. he does seem to put up a front but you don't really know what's going on inside.

Quote:
LOL! My bad.

No one can deny though that taking a character like that, who is really very light and brings an element of faith, cheer and positiveness to even the worst scenarios, and killing her off would make a serious statement about the power of these new rivals.
i wouldn't mind if she got killed off. at this point, i don't really care who lives or dies as long as i get what i need from kubo, which is a half-decent ending for this manga that i used to have such high hopes for.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 07:54   Link #72
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
^ Agree completely. It'd be nice to get a decent ending out of this. At this point we've earned it, no?

(I wanted to give you some up rep but no dice. Boourns!)
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 08:15   Link #73
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
^ Agree completely. It'd be nice to get a decent ending out of this. At this point we've earned it, no?

(I wanted to give you some up rep but no dice. Boourns!)
thanks for the thought.

well, i do hope that kubo would give us at least that. i wouldn't want to read the end of this manga and feel that i just finished reading crap.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 08:56   Link #74
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
what i'm worried about is kubo giving them all ridiculous hair colours, seriously. There has been more pink haired characters than brown, and more blue, green and purple haired characters than blond. every other character then has auburn or black hair. some time simplicity is the best way to go Mr. Kubo, you don't need over the top character designs to make someone stand out. Many an OC has proven that.
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 09:11   Link #75
Haak
CAKE!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Naw... no one really cares about the swords here.
I recall seeing an official Bleach poll where Kira's Zanpaktou was ranked fourth so I think it is a big factor. It was the biggest reason why I became his fan.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 12:23   Link #76
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
*raises hand*

Um, where is this 1000 deaths in 7 minutes thing coming from? I didn't see anything like that in the chapter.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 13:34   Link #77
Mangs
So sexy it hurts
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
*raises hand*

Um, where is this 1000 deaths in 7 minutes thing coming from? I didn't see anything like that in the chapter.
You think Kubo cares about drawing cannon fodder shinigami dying? x)
__________________
I came, I saw, I pwned
Mangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 13:46   Link #78
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48° 28' 43.50", +16° 35' 17.08"
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I'm surprised to see myself rooting for the Quincies Kira getting "killed" was a surprise, I really thought the introduced seats would get a beating first

"Ikkaku with hair" and "Yami with a beard" are ridiculous, I mean how lazy can you get.. "Mask Girl(?)" looks very very interesting, I really hope she turns out to be as cool as she looks

some thoughts about Aizen's rumoured "release the Kraken!"-moment:
-who do you think would decide to release him/do it by him/herself?
-would Aizen actually stand a chance against Quincies?
-would Aizen go up against the Quincies, team up with them, simply retreat or seek other goals(revenge, visit the king/"it")?
-what's his current state in "evolution"? he didn't look like butterflaizen the last time I saw him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
*raises hand*

Um, where is this 1000 deaths in 7 minutes thing coming from? I didn't see anything like that in the chapter.
well it's hard to show 1000 deaths in one chapter, I think it's better to let them die off screen

also nobody would really care about these characters unless they would be killed brutaly or in a shocking or disturbing way
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 14:11   Link #79
Mangs
So sexy it hurts
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
some thoughts about Aizen's rumoured "release the Kraken!"-moment:
-who do you think would decide to release him/do it by him/herself?
-would Aizen actually stand a chance against Quincies?
-would Aizen go up against the Quincies, team up with them, simply retreat or seek other goals(revenge, visit the king/"it")?
-what's his current state in "evolution"? he didn't look like butterflaizen the last time I saw him
Well the Hōgyoku did reject him to the end, thus devolving him back to his standard form, so I guess we can assume that Aizen is at LEAST back to his initial power-level from the SS arc, where he could still mop the floor with some captains (Komura and Hitsugaya at least). Before he started merging with the Hōgyoku he had at least twice the reiatsu of a normal captain, and if any trace of its power remained in him (which is probably the case, since he is still immortal), then I guess he might be a little bit above that even.

We also have to take into account that the power level of the captains have increased in the time-skip, while Aizen has been sitting around doing nothing, but I still would bet my money on none of them being able to go toe to toe with even SS-arc Aizen, if not because of his spiritual pressure, then surely because of his haxx shikai which is just plain out overpowered.

I must say that one of the things which always annoyed me about Aizen was that his shikai became irrelevant, and that his bankai was completely ignored. One can only speculate what his bankai would be able to do with such a “flawless” shikai, and if Aizen was ever brought back it should be for no other reason than to show that.

I’m not gonna lie, I would fancy seeing Aizen vs at least one of the quincies. SS deciding to release him to battle them would be kinda fun. Like Yamamoto going “fuck this, if we’re going to get obliterated, we might as well send Aizen at them!”.
__________________
I came, I saw, I pwned
Mangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 14:49   Link #80
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
You think Kubo cares about drawing cannon fodder shinigami dying? x)
No, I mean, where was it actually mentioned? I don't see anybody in the chapter saying "They just killed 1000 of our guys in 7 minutes!"
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.