AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 31 38.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 13.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-03, 08:28   Link #41
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... isn't Waver supposed to have four Command Spells? Risei did say that Rider and Saber's Masters had already claimed their rewards from the Caster battle, didn't he? And Waver hadn't yet used one...
Not in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
How does Rider get his source of mana to stay in physical form? I doubt he has independent action like the Archer classes have.
Rider had his own reserves and he recharged using Waver's mana during their bro camping trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I could be wrong but I actually don't expect that to happen. I mean don't get me wrong I am pretty positive Gil will be the ultimate victor of the Rider VS Gil battle (as much as I hate to admit it).

But I have a feeling Gil will come to the conclusion that Rider is a worthy opponent and while there might be defeat it might not actually end in despair.

Of all the characters Rider & Waver's development has been completely positive. Even in the end I expect it to stay that way.

Well I will be disappointed if I am wrong, because who wants to see Rider/Waver suffer?
I don't think there will be "despair" with Rider and Waver. They are bros and understand the potential outcome. There will be sadness, but not despair. Rider really doesn't stand a chance, so...
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 10:06   Link #42
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Waver and his "grandpa".
They finally figured out he's not their real grandchild.
He was kinda surprised they accepted him despite that.
It's nice how Rider thinks of Waver as his friend too.
All the servants and masters are slowly gathering to get the grail.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 10:14   Link #43
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
How does Rider get his source of mana to stay in physical form? I doubt he has independent action like the Archer classes have.
Rider still has his own, albeit now somewhat depleted, prana pool.

Besides, using up all 3 Command Spells doesn't mean one stops being a Master. They just cannot control their Servant anymore.
__________________
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 11:34   Link #44
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
noooooo Irisviel ;__;

Then all of a sudden....MORE OF THEM ;________;
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 11:46   Link #45
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
To be honest, even though the series are darker/mature compared to FSN, they don't appeal to me at all with the exception of Rider/Waver duo.
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 14:08   Link #46
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I could be wrong but I actually don't expect that to happen. I mean don't get me wrong I am pretty positive Gil will be the ultimate victor of the Rider VS Gil battle (as much as I hate to admit it).
Hey, at least he'll be defeated by Tomokazu Seki. If that's any consolation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But I have a feeling Gil will come to the conclusion that Rider is a worthy opponent
Well, you probably haven't watched the BDs for Season 1, so you wouldn't know, but that's actually already happened. In the BD version of episode 11, the banquet of the three kings, Gil and Rider had a lot more dialogue together and developed this mutual respect of sorts, with Gil going as far as to say "I've decided, Rider. I shall kill you myself." which is basically Gil's way of recognizing him as a worthy opponent.

But, of course, it also means he wants to be the one to kill him, so I think the best we can hope for, as far as a conclusion without despair goes, is that Waver is spared, which should at least provide Rider some solace in defeat. We'll see, I guess.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:10   Link #47
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Oh god, poor Iri And I thought I didn't like it back when he stabbed her even though she had Avalon. But this was just horrible and brutal. That neck snapping sound. Kirei, fuck you.

You know, after the last episode, I thought to myself "Ok, so we had Shirley die. Next episode, it was Natalia. Then Maiya after that, and Aoi in the one after that. So next episode, I guess it's Iri's turn, huh?" It was meant to be humorous, but, well here we are. One female character after another, every episode.

I don't understand why he killed her though, or even if she's sort of metaphysically alive (given that scene at the end where she's up and about in some ethereal plane). I mean, didn't he need her alive to be the Grail vessel?

I loved that ending scene by the way. It was wonderfully eerie and desolate and deathly cold. Now cometh the Grail, eh?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:12   Link #48
SRanger
Remember, no moe.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois, California
stop killing off all the hot girls Gen.
__________________
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:28   Link #49
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Only one left is Saber. (little girls don't count...they need to grow up in suffering after all, right Gen?)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:31   Link #50
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I don't understand why he killed her though, or even if she's sort of metaphysically alive (given that scene at the end where she's up and about in some ethereal plane). I mean, didn't he need her alive to be the Grail vessel?

I loved that ending scene by the way. It was wonderfully eerie and desolate and deathly cold. Now cometh the Grail, eh?
Kirei told Kariya in the previous episode, when asked if Iri really was the vessel of the Grail: "Her contents are, to be precise." So yeah, he doesn't need her alive, as long as her contents are still there.

And Kirei also killed her because, as he told Gilgamesh afterwards, there was no reason to keep her alive any longer. He had gotten the information he wanted out of her, and even if he didn't killed her, her husband himself would have done the deed when the time came. If you look at it like that, Kirei killing her can even be viewed as a form of mercy. As in, being killed by your bitter enemy would be preferable to being sacrificed by your own husband.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:36   Link #51
Swithin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
haHA! The most famous team of horse and rider in history reunited on the battlefield! I may have actually squeaked a bit when Bucephalus showed up. I also love that Bucephalus is not a Noble Phantasm but a Heroic Spirit himself. I've been loving Waver's coming of age tale, and three equals riding onto the field (with an army of comrades, no less, to back them up) is a perfect climax. Rider's been an excellent mentor, and so long as Waver survives I'm looking forward to what's probably his last stand... because you can't kill ideals. In a mushy sense, Rider doesn't need the grail, his attitude is one of embracing life - and he's already passed it on to Waver. He's succeeded at being a Heroic Spirit - now all that's left is a heroic last stand. (That said, Rider is a big rectification of the historical Alexander in a lot of ways. Even so, I love the hell out of the character, but I miss the heterochromia.)

Endless Twilight, I wasn't aware that there was extra footage included in the disc releases of FZ, how much more content is there? Are all the episodes expanded, or is it just bits and pieces here and there? (I got your name wrong for a second, but fixed it in an edit. I was talking with a friend as I was typing and he used a word similar to "endless" and it snuck in.)
Swithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:41   Link #52
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
If you look at it like that, Kirei killing her can even be viewed as a form of mercy. As in, being killed by your bitter enemy would be preferable to being sacrificed by your own husband.
That is a big no, big no. Dying as a sacrifice to save the world is much better than dying at the hands of a sadistic priest bent on killing your husband.

You know... I have so much rage towards Kirei right now...
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:55   Link #53
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swithin View Post
Endless Twilight, I wasn't aware that there was extra footage included in the disc releases of FZ, how much more content is there? Are all the episodes expanded, or is it just bits and pieces here and there?
I would say, all in all, there was enough new footage for about one extra episode.

And the extra content is uneven. Some episodes received no new footage at all, whereas others, like episodes 11 and 12, received about 5 new minutes each.

The new scenes are particularly worthwhile if you're a Gilgamesh fan, since many of the scenes that were left out from the broadcast version were his. Some priorities those mongrels at ufotable had, but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That is a big no, big no. Dying as a sacrifice to save the world is much better than dying at the hands of a sadistic priest bent on killing your husband.
Yes, I'm sure that's how Iri sees it as well. But you see, the fact that Kiritsugu has a wife he could be happy with but still chooses to discard her love for the sake of pursuing a childish ideal is precisely why Kirei is now hellbent on crushing Kiritsugu (before he just wanted to question him).
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 20:34   Link #54
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Loved this episode, mostly because it focused on Waver and the animation was actually good for a change. I know a lot of people say this by now, but Waver (and Kariya) seems to be the only character who is actually invested in this war. Kirei, I'm sorry, but he is too subdued in his emotions that his "killing" of Irisviel almost felt like that disabled guy from Battleship (okay, it's not THAT bad).
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 20:35   Link #55
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Rider really do need a B-2 bomber for the final battle
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 21:05   Link #56
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Loved this episode, mostly because it focused on Waver and the animation was actually good for a change. I know a lot of people say this by now, but Waver (and Kariya) seems to be the only character who is actually invested in this war. Kirei, I'm sorry, but he is too subdued in his emotions that his "killing" of Irisviel almost felt like that disabled guy from Battleship (okay, it's not THAT bad).
Kiritsugu may act detached, but he's easily the one most invested in the war. Like Irisviel explained in this episode, the Holy Grail is virtually his last hope.

Waver only got into the war to get some respect and acknowledgment, but thanks to Rider and "grandpa" he's finally beginning to realize how, even though those things may seem like everything in the world to him now, they're still not worth risking one's life for in the end.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 21:28   Link #57
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Kirei told Kariya in the previous episode, when asked if Iri really was the vessel of the Grail: "Her contents are, to be precise." So yeah, he doesn't need her alive, as long as her contents are still there.

And Kirei also killed her because, as he told Gilgamesh afterwards, there was no reason to keep her alive any longer. He had gotten the information he wanted out of her, and even if he didn't killed her, her husband himself would have done the deed when the time came. If you look at it like that, Kirei killing her can even be viewed as a form of mercy. As in, being killed by your bitter enemy would be preferable to being sacrificed by your own husband.
Oh I didn't mean exactly "why did he kill her?" but more, "why would he kill her if she needed to be the Grail vessel?" But you answered that too with your first part.

Still, I think even being killed by her husband would've been better than being strangled in a dark sewer dungeon by an evil bastard, alone.

Poor Iri
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 21:42   Link #58
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think there will be "despair" with Rider and Waver. They are bros and understand the potential outcome. There will be sadness, but not despair. Rider really doesn't stand a chance, so...
though unlikely, what what if Waver got caught in the crossfire and died mid battle? Would Rider regret bringing him into the battlefield?
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 22:04   Link #59
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Kiritsugu may act detached, but he's easily the one most invested in the war. Like Irisviel explained in this episode, the Holy Grail is virtually his last hope.

Waver only got into the war to get some respect and acknowledgment, but thanks to Rider and "grandpa" he's finally beginning to realize how, even though those things may seem like everything in the world to him now, they're still not worth risking one's life for in the end.
I know what they're aiming for. The problem is, he acts detached "too well" to the point that I'm believing it. Or maybe the animation was bad during his scenes. Long story short, I'm not a fan of badasses that don't show emotion, and he barely escapes from that.

Yeah, Waver had weak motivations, but he strongly believed in them, which helped him become animated in the first half. And he's still my favorite to this day.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 23:10   Link #60
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I know what they're aiming for. The problem is, he acts detached "too well" to the point that I'm believing it. Or maybe the animation was bad during his scenes. Long story short, I'm not a fan of badasses that don't show emotion, and he barely escapes from that.
it is not the animation, the majority of Kiri's characterization comes form monologues. Unless you want o listen to Kiri talking to himself for a entire ep...
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.