AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-03, 21:57   Link #61
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
So in light of these new revelations, was Apollo in the OVAs/Movie a dog too? Does anyone remember if Pollon was there when Scorpious stabbed Apollonious?
Iskatar is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 21:58   Link #62
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
But then again wouldn't Touma who has spent more time with Apollonius than Gen ever has, and was also around during his last moments know what happened to Apollonius? Also wouldn't he be able to tell the difference between him and a dog? Especially since he was going to marry Apollonius?
We don't actually ever know of what happened to Apollonius aside from second hand stories, like I said, he could very well have put so much of himself in Aquarion that what little was left could only last for the brief happiness he found with Celianne. Its a sort of self-punishment for all the atrocities he committed as the Angel of Slaughter.

In Genesis, no one paid any attention to Apollo before he got into Aquarion where, after many years, was also Apollonius. Apollonius, reacting to his former friend, would easily send wrong messages. If Toma could recognize Apollonius so easily, he'd have found Apollo on the day of his birth with his Apollonius radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
It frankly feels contrived coming from the sequel, if this was a revelation from Aquarion it wouldn't be as bad, but instead its coming from the lack luster sequel created years after the first series.
Like I said before, this does answer some old questions of Genesis or, better phrased, lets you look at them in a different light.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:01   Link #63
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
If Gen is Apollonius than he has been a major troll for over 24,000 years and must have a sick perversion in seeing his old Girlfriend fall in love in "that" way with his former pet animal thing.

Still, I hope Evol doesn't cause a Mass Effect 3 effect where the game messed up the IP so bad that many refuse to touch anything related to ME again and can't even get themselves to play the first or second games because of how bad ME3 messed things up. Would be a shame if Evol ends up ruining Genesis because really. If this is what was waiting for everyone after Genesis than what was the point?
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:02   Link #64
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
We don't actually ever know of what happened to Apollonius aside from second hand stories, like I said, he could very well have put so much of himself in Aquarion that what little was left could only last for the brief happiness he found with Celianne. Its a sort of self-punishment for all the atrocities he committed as the Angel of Slaughter.
Wouldn't it make sense for him to be Fudo as a form of atonement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
If Gen is Apollonius than he has been a major troll for over 24,000 years and must have a sick perversion in seeing his old Girlfriend fall in love in "that" way with his former pet animal thing.
In retrospect, he trolled Amata a great deal in his relationship with Mikono. Like that time, he just flung him into that hole in episode 14.

Who was truly there to awake the Golden Aquarion? Fudo and Mikono.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:03   Link #65
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Destined Fate: maybe he thought she shouldn't give up, and should just keep living her life?



Not having seen Genesis I don't have much attachment to the original, but the longer the implications here sink in the more I like them.
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:06   Link #66
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
She's not even the same person that before. Sylvia isn't the woman he fell in love with, neither is Sirius (who was his former lover as his sister). If Fudo is indeed Apollonius, he had the right head over his shoulders about how to focus on the present.

Oh god, the reason why Fudo was so upset about Jin dying was in how he probably saw reflected in Jin falling in love and joining the girl's side?
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:09   Link #67
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
There were tons of Scorpius pics shown in today's episode. So I think the "Ephemera" title will tell us the things not preserved in Book of genesis. Fudo being the most important one and whose records have been erased from the book probably by himself.

Fudo also tells Sophia Genesis that he confessed his love to someone before most likely Celiane. So for whatever reason Fudo didn't get with her maybe cause he didn't want to hurt the butthurt Touma anymore.

Whatever the reason Celiane never recognized that Fudo was Apollonius himself. Neither did Silvia or Mikono. In the end they should just end up Pollon's reincarnation and Celiane should just rest in peace.

Back in ep 26 of genesis, Silvia says that despite the destruction caused by Apollonius-Celiane to Atlantia, she was happy to have met Apollonius. This was said in front of Gen. But Gen points out that all that was there from Apollonius-Celiane meeting was sadness, hatered and destruction.
So if Fudo is Apollonius he regrets what happened to Atlantia and the sadness and destruction that came along with it. So he never shows up infront of Celiane again hoping she can just move on by falling for someone else. Conveniently for him his loyal dog fancied Celiane.
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:12   Link #68
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
There were tons of Scorpius pics shown in today's episode. So I think the "Ephemera" title will tell us the things not preserved in Book of genesis. Fudo being the most important one and whose records have been erased from the book probably by himself.
Fudo and Rena, possibly. I refuse to believe that she wasn't a plot device of some sort 24,000 years ago.
Iskatar is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:12   Link #69
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Not a very loyal dog considering he wants to "Kill her all night long" over and over again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Destined Fate: maybe he thought she shouldn't give up, and should just keep living her life?



Not having seen Genesis I don't have much attachment to the original, but the longer the implications here sink in the more I like them.
By encourageing her to get with his pet? Who would have thought Apollonus prefered to be a watcher and beastality was his type of ball game when his girlfriend is concerned?
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:19   Link #70
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This episode amused me. But hey I hate reincarnation romance so I can kickback and laugh.



You are assuming that Gen/Zen isn't Apollonius/projection of Aquarion himself.

1) Supposedly piloted the Aquarion, everyone assumed he was the third pilot but what if that was Scorpius all along, huh?
2) Lived all these 24.000 years.
3) That isn't his real form. Mykage asked him where did he hide his real form (when he was casually looking for the Aquarion too, coincidence? Nah).

I could continue.
But as I said before this comes out as contrived retcon when you consider the simple fact that this is a sequel made over 5 years after the creation of the first series. It would be much easier to put forth any of those revelations if it were in Genesis the first series, itself, with the better writing, characterization, and pacing. But to put it in a sequel created years later, and a badly written sequel at that, is the same thing as shooting message the first series, river stomping over it, beating it dead and then laughing at its corpse and anyone else that even believed in it, while saying how none of it really matters.

That's why I'm not treating any of these new revelations positively because as a whole, when one considers the entire message of the series, and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
We don't actually ever know of what happened to Apollonius aside from second hand stories, like I said, he could very well have put so much of himself in Aquarion that what little was left could only last for the brief happiness he found with Celianne. Its a sort of self-punishment for all the atrocities he committed as the Angel of Slaughter.

In Genesis, no one paid any attention to Apollo before he got into Aquarion where, after many years, was also Apollonius. Apollonius, reacting to his former friend, would easily send wrong messages. If Toma could recognize Apollonius so easily, he'd have found Apollo on the day of his birth with his Apollonius radar.



Like I said before, this does answer some old questions of Genesis or, better phrased, lets you look at them in a different light.
Except Genesis ended over 5 years ago, and this isn't really answering some old questions so much as its just telling us that ultimately we the viewers should just forget about Genesis because it doesn't really matter. But then again to say that would also mean that EVOL which is a sequel also doesn't matter either . So then as the viewer why should I care about this series as a whole?

Especially since back when Genesis was made there was absolutely no mention of it ever having a sequel planned or in the works.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:20   Link #71
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Not a very loyal dog considering he wants to "Kill her all night long" over and over again....



By encourageing her to get with his pet? Who would have thought Apollonus prefered to be a watcher and beastality was his type of ball game when his girlfriend his concerned?

If this is true, Apollonius is attempting to hook up the "light side" of his old lovers with the reincarnation of his dog (if Zessica turns out the Light side of Touma after all). That's a way to deal with break-ups.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:21   Link #72
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
If this is true, Apollonius is attempting to hook up the "light side" of his old lovers with the reincarnation of his dog (if Zessica turns out the Light side of Touma after all). That's a way to deal with break-ups.
I hope you realize that none of that makes any sense?

There is really no way to make it sound good.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:23   Link #73
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I hope you realize that none of that makes any sense?

There is really no way to make it sound good.
This is Aquarion. It was never mean to make sense. The premise of the series is about robots that are powered by orgasms.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:24   Link #74
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
But as I said before this comes out as contrived retcon when you consider the simple fact that this is a sequel made over 5 years after the creation of the first series. It would be much easier to put forth any of those revelations if it were in Genesis the first series, itself, with the better writing, characterization, and pacing. But to put it in a sequel created years later, and a badly written sequel at that, is the same thing as shooting message the first series, river stomping over it, beating it dead and then laughing at its corpse and anyone else that even believed in it, while saying how none of it really matters.

That's why I'm not treating any of these new revelations positively because as a whole, when one considers the entire message of the series, and



Except Genesis ended over 5 years ago, and this isn't really answering some old questions so much as its just telling us that ultimately we the viewers should just forget about Genesis because it doesn't really matter. But then again to say that would also mean that EVOL which is a sequel also doesn't matter either . So then as the viewer why should I care about this series as a whole?

Especially since back when Genesis was made there was absolutely no mention of it ever having a sequel planned or in the works.
Kawamori can just handwave it off as just another alternate universe and make a third entry. That would be the shittiest of moves though, but highly preferable to me.
Iskatar is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:26   Link #75
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This is Aquarion. It was never mean to make sense. The premise of the series is about robots who are powered by orgasms.
There is a stark difference between robots powered by orgasms, and setting up your girlfriend with her dog.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:27   Link #76
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It was never mean to make sense. The premise of the series is about robots that are powered by orgasms.


Hahahahahahahahaha. Why didn't I realize that earlier.
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:28   Link #77
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Why is the book of genesis green in color? Isn't the nomal color red, the one Rena was holding back in genesis?
They can't get the color right or because it's only the Vega half?

TBH, if Zessica does turn out to be the light half of Touma, i don't really see what the hell Apollonius problem was in the first place in regards to Touma. Why would he fall for someone like Celiane?
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:29   Link #78
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
There is a stark difference between robots powered by orgasms, and setting up your girlfriend with her dog.
I didn't know Sylvia was ever Apollonius' girlfriend. What about Sirius, huh? The point is that they aren't the same people anymore. They are even two different people. Gen even said a couple of times to stop even thinking about reincarnations. As Zen, he frowns down Mykage's attachment to his old form.

Apollonius loved a brave warrior princess. Not the a tsundere brocon and uppity siscon set she became 12.000 years later or the gentle but passive, low self-esteemed girl who fills a damsel in distress slot most of the times and perhaps Shrade that she became 24.000 years after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Why is the book of genesis green in color? Isn't the nomal color red, the one Rena was holding back in genesis?
They can't get the color right or because it's only the Vega half?

TBH, if Zessica does turn out to be the light half of Touma, i don't really see what the hell Apollonius problem was in the first place in regards to Touma. Why would he fall for someone like Celiane?
Maybe because green is the opposite of red (in complimentary colors)? It's reversed.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:31   Link #79
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Why is the book of genesis green in color? Isn't the nomal color red, the one Rena was holding back in genesis?
They can't get the color right or because it's only the Vega half?
I can only assume the color changed when the Book of Holy Genesis became the Book of Twin Stars. I wonder if during the transformation they removed the part where only someone who can't "see" can read it.
Iskatar is offline  
Old 2012-06-03, 22:33   Link #80
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I didn't know Sylvia was ever Apollonius' girlfriend. What about Sirius, huh? The point is that they aren't the same people anymore. They are even two different people.

One was a brave warrior princess who became a tsundere brocon and uppity siscon set, who became passive, self-esteemed girl who fills a damsel in distress slot most of the times and perhaps Shrade.
She is the reincarnation of the mother of his child, that he promised to meet again. Isn't it a bit unfair to her to do something like that? Since Apollonius basically broke his promise to his girlfriend, because he didn't even try.

Wasn't it outright stated that the only reason why she became a brocon was because she sought to make herself whole again? Though at this point in time what's to stop Kawamori from retconning that as well? Its not like Genesis matters anyway.
wisteria233 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.