AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 05:38   Link #2541
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiNekoChan View Post
Bolded for failed attempts at reading.

"Game over man, game over" is a line from Aliens(a movie) which rather pretty famous.
Okay. But that wasn't a quote in the post, so I assumed the person thought I was a girl and then believed I was a man (or referred to me as such, as slang goes).

I'm not familiar with the movie you're referring to. Then again, I'm not familiar with a lot of "famous" movies, for I usually choose to watch movies that aren't famous. I'm the one that picks a movie that sucks just to watch anime and laugh at how we suck at good films and they master animation. Regardless, their live-action sucks whilst ours is brilliant.

So, if someone is going to use lines from movies to me, quote them or give a little "(...)" to tell me. I don't want to be mistaken again. I hope you understand.
Old 2012-01-21, 08:02   Link #2542
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
No. This whole thing started a few posts after I stated I was a Ranka fan. After that, quite a few (who I've left nameless for now) decided to just start arguments by using my posts as a way to personally attack me without actually knowing me as a person. It has nothing to do with my facts or not. It's a matter of: they dislike me = we diss you in posts.
Even you've got to admit that you are wrong about your facts a heck of a lot of the time.

My favorite was when you said that Kawamori didn't like May'n's acting, and so cast Aya Endo as Sheryl's speaking voice instead. That was not true, and simply made up by you.

I can give you more examples if your memory needs refreshing.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:29   Link #2543
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Back on-topic: I've noticed with the final episode that the budget always seems to jump around. The animation was still shaky. The Valkyries and Quarter remains splendid.

However, when Sheryl beings Northern Cross with "tabi no hajimari wa," she almost looks like a stick figure with a weird face. Alto saying "I haven't given up" to Sheryl... his face is flat. Ranka's hands when making Sheryl's infection travel to her stomach looks a little odd and once again, like sticks.

It's made me begin to question if they just don't know how to show these characters in those scenes or if they were simply last minute animations.

Regardless, Battle Galaxy looks very similar to the original Macross to me for some reason. Perhaps it's the rebuild of the original cannon. I like it all the same. I would've preferred Battle Galaxy in the second movie as opposed to Battle Frontier because it had more of a "bad guy" or "evil" look to it compared to Battle Frontier. It could just be my opinion. After all, Battle Frontier made a total of how many appearances in the series/movies overall: 5, maybe 7 at most. Battle Galaxy made one and it stuck.

--

And karice, I responded via PM. If you didn't get it, let me know. I saved a draft this time.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-01-22 at 13:04. Reason: removed off-topic
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 09:45   Link #2544
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Back on-topic: I've noticed with the final episode that the budget always seems to jump around. The animation was still shaky. The Valkyries and Quarter remains splendid.

However, when Sheryl beings Northern Cross with "tabi no hajimari wa," she almost looks like a stick figure with a weird face. Alto saying "I haven't given up" to Sheryl... his face is flat. Ranka's hands when making Sheryl's infection travel to her stomach looks a little odd and once again, like sticks.

It's made me begin to question if they just don't know how to show these characters in those scenes or if they were simply last minute animations.
Time and budget issues.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:35   Link #2545
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
And karice, I responded via PM. If you didn't get it, let me know. I saved a draft this time.
I'm sorry. As I told you previously, you'll have to post anything relating to Macross on the forum from now on. I think you'll be able to use this thread, since I did bring some of it up here, and you can take any discussion about 'canon' to the canon thread.

As for what was really OT...we'll have to let it go.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:05   Link #2546
magnuskn

So, over in Aquarion EVOL, Kawamori pulled out a worse troll than anything he ever did on Macross. Pretty hilarious to watch the reaction.
Old 2012-06-04, 13:09   Link #2547
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, over in Aquarion EVOL, Kawamori pulled out a worse troll than anything he ever did on Macross. Pretty hilarious to watch the reaction.
Really?

Tbh, I thought Evol was just full of Trolls. Whatever he throws at me at this point I doubt I'd be surprised. Then again, I am far less enthusiastic about the characters or their romances in Evol than I was in Frontier.

I haven't watched 23, but I will tonight. I have been warned...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:12   Link #2548
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That is why I've refrained from commenting over there. I've lost my desire to talk about EVOL. I still watch it weekly to see how it will end since my theories were basically all right on the mark with the exception of one but I'm done with the series.

I'm more interested if the next Macross will be as bad. Considering the storyline of EVOL so far, I think they decided to do too many productions at once. He had the Macross Frontier movies going on, Aquarion EVOL, and AKB0048. So I think he should take a break and come up with some FRESH ideas. That, and seek someone to help teach him how to make a stable plot.

FYI, in EVOL, I'm actually beginning to think MF was a godsend, especially considering how many jerks the plot has taken over there. For a twenty-six episode series, they had the chance to do something great but they chose the hard road.

However, I am starting to understand that plot twist now that I look back at SnA. Interesting... Maybe that was Kawamori's troll all along.
I'm just glad that I can actually say this is a series that Yoshino is not involved in immensely. I'm certain that he and Kawamori still speak about such things but he has no involvement seen so far. So, every bit of trolling is seriously Kawamori's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I haven't watched 23, but I will tonight. I have been warned...
Prepare to be dissed on by the king of Aquarion, as Kawamori ruins all of your original impressions of SnA. I don't think I'll ever look at SnA the same way again. EVOL has ruined it. And you'll see exactly what I mean when you watch it (the episode).
Old 2012-06-04, 13:17   Link #2549
Tak

Quote:
Prepare to be dissed on by the king of Aquarion, as Kawamori ruins all of your original impressions of SnA.
I watch EVOL for the sake of continuity, pretty much nothing else... in fact, I can care less for the characters. I've thus far not found a single likable fella in there. The only moment that put a smile on my face in the series was what they've done to Megu's character. Aside from that? Meh.

It is definitely not a series worth my time talking about in the sub forums.

OTOH, my original impressions of SnA corresponded to the ending, which concluded more or less as what I expected.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-06-04 at 13:50.
Old 2012-06-04, 19:15   Link #2550
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Master storytelling at work. Or not.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 23:24   Link #2551
Darthtabby

Is there somewhere else we could move this kind of discussion? I'd actually sort of like to discuss some other shows with the people who hang out on this subforum (I'm more familiar with the people on this subforum then I am with the board membership in general) but this doesn't seem like a particularly good place to do it.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 06:39   Link #2552
magnuskn

Well, going over to the Aquarion forum opens the chance that we will have their fanbase bashing us for our discussion. Which is why exactly I posted my impression of Kawamoris latest shenanigan here, so that the people I already know can discuss it in peace.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:59   Link #2553
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Maybe we could have a general thread, to discuss matters even vaguely related to... Oh, wait.

Old 2012-06-05, 12:40   Link #2554
Tak

Well, we could create a social group for this... if anyone wants to do it.

OTOH, I did watch 23 just last night. Considering the craziness (even by Japanese standards) that was the former Aquarion, I am not really fazed.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-06-05 at 13:43.
Old 2012-06-05, 19:41   Link #2555
Darthtabby

I'd actually been thinking a social group might be a good idea. The trick is what to name it and how to let people know what its for without making us sound like some sort of elitist clique.
Old 2012-06-05, 20:48   Link #2556
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Since there is a Mari Okada discussion thread in the General Anime forum, I don't see any reason there can't be thread dedicated to Kawamori.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 23:43   Link #2557
Darthtabby

I still kind of like the idea of a social group because then I'd like to discuss various anime series I've seen with some of the people I've met here. I don't mean to knock the rest of the forum, but I don't know a lot of the members in the general forums quite as well, and discussion in the main forums can be a bit overwhelming for me. :lol: (Heck, I've had trouble keeping up with this one sub forum on occasion.)

If we could come up with a name I guess we could just describe the social group as "A general discussion social group for board members who met through the Macross sub forum." A bit odd, but if it's acceptable with the mod staff...
Old 2012-06-06, 01:15   Link #2558
magnuskn

Hey, there were lots of social groups in the heyday of Macross Frontier, some of them for pretty small topics. I'm all for it.
Old 2012-06-06, 10:42   Link #2559
Tak

You can call it the shrine of the HORY FROATING HEAD ...

- Tak

Old 2012-06-06, 10:51   Link #2560
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The problem with social groups is that, sometimes, you just forget to check them. But, if you guys are up for it... I like Tak's name suggestion.

Tags
action, romance