AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sakurasou

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-06, 08:30   Link #21
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Written by Okada-sensei (), main girl voiced by Kayanon (who's competing with HanaKana as my favourite VA), and animated by JC Staff (who was only recently knocked off my favourite studio simply because they haven't recently produced something that interests my fancy)?

Yeah definite must watch for me.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:30   Link #22
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Written by Okada-sensei (), main girl voiced by Kayanon (who's competing with HanaKana as my favourite VA), and animated by JC Staff (who was only recently knocked off my favourite studio simply because they haven't recently produced something that interests my fancy)?

Yeah definite must watch for me.
Hoping for a childhood friend ending?
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:58   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
AFAIK, the only childhood friends are side characters, the senpais. And unfortunately, they don't seem very interested in each other (*gasp* what has Japan come to? at least one sided crush please >_>)

Of course, there's ALWAYS hope that ShiinaXKanda are 'forgotten' childhood friends, but it's a VERY long shot.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:05   Link #24
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Trailer before I judge...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:03   Link #25
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Ai Kayano as a quiet girl again? And a male lead with an inexperienced voice actor whose major and recent roles have been crossdressers, little boys, and feminine males generally? Dear god, that's even worse than Yuuki Kaji.

With the premise on top of that... might have to pass on this one.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:50   Link #26
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Ai Kayano as a quiet girl again? And a male lead with an inexperienced voice actor whose major and recent roles have been crossdressers, little boys, and feminine males generally? Dear god, that's even worse than Yuuki Kaji.


Yoshitsugu's recent roles:
- Narumi in Kamisama no Memo-chou.
- Kusanagi Godou in Campione! CD Drama and the same voice for the anime.
- Kirito in SWORD ART ONLINE

Are you serious?
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:52   Link #27
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
With the premise on top of that... might have to pass on this one.
Man, are you sexist when you read that premise about a guy making his newfound girlfriend as his "pet" ?
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:58   Link #28
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
- Narumi in Kamisama no Memo-chou.
- Kusanagi Godou in Campione! CD Drama and the same voice for the anime.
- Kirito in SWORD ART ONLINE
The first is an exception, admittedly, but he did the opposite of impress me. I don't know anything about Godou, but Kirito is exceptionally feminine. While that's fine in SAO, because of how amazingly, ridiculously competent Kirito is, it doesn't bode well for this kind of show at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Man, are you sexist when you read that premise about a guy making his newfound girlfriend as his "pet" ?
It's the whole "this girl can't look after herself she's so innocent wouldn't you want a girlfriend like that" factor that I can't stand.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 13:28   Link #29
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I like the staff, I like the art, I like (some) of the VAs, I like romances...

I see no reason not to give this a try.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 18:48   Link #30
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I like the staff, I like the art, I like (some) of the VAs, I like romances...

I see no reason not to give this a try.
Well some people are turned off by the fact it's a JC Staff LN adaptation, with Mari Okada on series composition with an inexperienced director. So not only does it have the derogatory factor of JC Staff LN adaptation, it also has the most prolific egotistical writer in the industry who is infamous for trolling and randomly likes to put males in drags... because she can. And we don't have a director with balls (like Nagai) to keep a hold on Okada's fetishes.

I'm gonna give it a shot... but I will approach this with extreme caution.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 19:16   Link #31
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
randomly likes to put males in drags... because she can.
This isn't something especially specific to Okada.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 19:23   Link #32
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This isn't something especially specific to Okada.
It isn't, but considering she's done so in every single series she's been involved in the past year and a half (and she's scripted a fuckton of series, both anime originals and adaptations), I'm confident to say she has a crossdressing fetish. Ok... maybe not Black Rock Shooter, but that series was lolsy/retarded (you're mileage may vary) for a different reason.

The most random one being episode 6 of Lupin III... that was completely out of place. Funny enough, involved Yuki Kaiji
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 20:05   Link #33
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Does this seem like the kind of series that would get a two cour adaptation, or is it probably just going to be one cour?
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 21:34   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if my memory serves correct there's no man in drag in these series from 2011 on...

Aquarion Evol
Fractale
Kenshin OVA

Maybe Okada puts crossdressers more often than other writers (nothing wrong there per se), but I wouldn't say she puts it in every one of her shows.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 22:08   Link #35
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Man, are you sexist when you read that premise about a guy making his newfound girlfriend as his "pet" ?
He never said anything resembling that.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Tempester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 02:35   Link #36
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
It isn't, but considering she's done so in every single series she's been involved in the past year and a half (and she's scripted a fuckton of series, both anime originals and adaptations), I'm confident to say she has a crossdressing fetish.
Ah, ah, I get what this is about. It's about Hourou Musukou and AnoHana. No wonder.

Honestly I think it's just a coincidence, and again, there are plenty of other series that emasculate male characters in a variety of horrible ways. I think this is an issue with the industry rather than an issue with Okada herself.

Speaking of which, and perhaps being a lot more on-topic, what happened to male leads that actually looked and sounded, you know, male? That's my biggest problem with the lead's voice actor in Pet na Kanojo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Ok... maybe not Black Rock Shooter, but that series was lolsy/retarded (you're mileage may vary) for a different reason.
Yeah, that was actually my favorite series of winter season by far and I will never understand the IMMENSE hatred it managed to accumulate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Does this seem like the kind of series that would get a two cour adaptation, or is it probably just going to be one cour?
Well, it's a light novel adaptation, what do you think?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 03:22   Link #37
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'll say this again so 0utf0xZer0 doesn't have to say it again.
Last time Okada did an adaptation for a show produced by JC staff she took out a crossdressing scene that was in the original work.

As for the male lead,he sounds pretty male in Moretsu Pirates, though that's just a supporting role.

edit:And why are we even talking about crossdressing?Is there any in the LN?I doubt it'll be randomly added to the anime.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:50   Link #38
Debeki
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Debeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 10:03   Link #39
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if my memory serves correct there's no man in drag in these series from 2011 on...

Aquarion Evol
Fractale
Kenshin OVA

Maybe Okada puts crossdressers more often than other writers (nothing wrong there per se), but I wouldn't say she puts it in every one of her shows.
I'm pretty sure Cain had some weird thong fetish in Fractale. In EVOL, crossdressing aside, that's one of her trollest anime to date (which results to some weird straightforward campiness).
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 10:04   Link #40
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debeki View Post
I like that pic, but I have the feeling that keeps me questioning myself : what the hell they changed her hair color ??
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.