AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-05, 21:14   Link #21781
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be interesting to see what parties are going to be up for the President's position in Iran in about a year's time.
Old 2012-06-06, 04:45   Link #21782
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Dengue vaccine in sight, after 70 years
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8541C320120605
Old 2012-06-06, 10:16   Link #21783
AnimeFan188

Ray Bradbury, beloved science fiction author, dies

"Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, and other
beloved science fiction novels, died Wednesday at the age of 91, according to the i09
science fiction blog.

"His legacy lives on in his monumental body of books, film, television and theater,
but more importantly, in the minds and hearts of anyone who read him, because
to read him was to know him. He was the biggest kid I know," his grandson told i09."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...144137431.html
Old 2012-06-06, 10:58   Link #21784
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Former High Ranking Civil Servant Of Singapore Charged With Corruption :-

Quote:
SINGAPORE: The former chief of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Peter Lim Sin Pang, has been charged with 10 counts of corruption.

The court on Wednesday heard that the former SCDF commissioner allegedly obtained sexual gratification from three women between May 2010 and November 2011.

From a hotel in Paris to car parks in various parts of Singapore and apartments in Clementi and Tanjong Rhu, these were where Lim, 52, allegedly had sex with three women - two vendors and a potential vendor.

Lim allegedly had oral sex from Lee Wei Hoon, a director of Singapore Radiation Centre and Pang Chor Mui, a general manager at Nimrod Engineering.

Lim is also accused of having sex on seven occasions with Esther Goh Tok Mui, a business development director at NCS Private Limited.

In return, Lim would show favour to the companies where the women are working in, for IT-related tenders called by the SCDF.

Lim, who is married, was arrested by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) in January this year and removed from his post in the same month.

He is now out on a S$10,000 bail.

His passport has also been surrendered to the CPIB.

Dressed in a blue long-sleeved shirt, Lim arrived at the Subordinate Courts in a black car on Wednesday.

He appeared worried as the charges were read out in court, and declined comment when approached by the media.

A couple, who accompanied Lim as he walked out of court, told MediaCorp that they were there to give Lim moral support.

Lim will be back in court on July 5.

If convicted, he could be jailed up to five years and fined S$100,000 for each charge.

The other high-ranking civil servant embroiled in the same case is Ng Boon Gay, former director of the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB).

Ng, who has also been removed from his post, was arrested about two weeks before Lim.

He has yet to be charged.
Source

You don't see this everyday in squeaky clean Singapore. Makes me wonder if there are other unreported cases elsewhere in the world that will make for interesting reading.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:04   Link #21785
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

There are. Recently a Navy white horse was accused of having sex with a female officer from the Australian officers academy while on exchange learning programme there.

The case you mentioned are all directors, I wonder if he is a MILFcon.

@TRL : Wanna ditch your lolis and go for more mature women?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:19   Link #21786
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Anyone have the feeling that HR departments in the US are being lazy/buffoonish with their gleeful adoption of LinkedIn (more and more are actually *requiring* applicants to use it) --- here we go:
Nearly 6.5 million LinkIn passwords appear to have been stolen -->
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/06/154420917/nearly-6-5-million-linkedin-passwords-reportedly-stolen

Also US productivity is dropping yet companies are not hiring -->
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-mixed-picture

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-06-06 at 11:38.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:22   Link #21787
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Also US productivity is dropping yet companies are not hiring -->
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-mixed-picture
Big Corp says that you are wrong : their profits are still going up; just that they did "out"sourcing to reduce costs because "in"sourcing is too expensive, and productivity should be measured on how much their executives earn instead of how much work the grunt does.

Reminds me that many companies are outsourcing their tech-infrastructure to outside companies without an in-house computer engineer and tech-team to "lower costs" : tell me that again when they face their lawyer's bill for fighting their court-case of corporate espionage.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:46   Link #21788
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Big Corp says that you are wrong : their profits are still going up; just that they did "out"sourcing to reduce costs because "in"sourcing is too expensive, and productivity should be measured on how much their executives earn instead of how much work the grunt does.

Reminds me that many companies are outsourcing their tech-infrastructure to outside companies without an in-house computer engineer and tech-team to "lower costs" : tell me that again when they face their lawyer's bill for fighting their court-case of corporate espionage.
Here's a good one.. my wife's company has outsourced their entire accounting/payroll functionality to a company in India. So now when your paycheck is flummoxed, you have to call their call center on the other side of the planet. Everything takes 2 to 3 times as long to resolve. The employees deal with them on company time so there's a huge unwritten cost. They outsourced all the financials... some VP got a hefty bonus for the short term savings and when it all goes south he'll be long gone to screw up the next company and personally profit.
Old 2012-06-06, 13:33   Link #21789
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Here's a good one.. my wife's company has outsourced their entire accounting/payroll functionality to a company in India. So now when your paycheck is flummoxed, you have to call their call center on the other side of the planet. Everything takes 2 to 3 times as long to resolve. The employees deal with them on company time so there's a huge unwritten cost. They outsourced all the financials... some VP got a hefty bonus for the short term savings and when it all goes south he'll be long gone to screw up the next company and personally profit.
Reminds me of a time where I was hired as part of a team of random temps cobbled together from a jobseeker website to do data migration. I was doing personnel data........with full and unlimited access to the personal particulars a few hundred employees/clientele. My IC was a cute fresh grad of ComSci with absolutely no idea how to run a mainframe or a makeshift team of male nerds who fap at any dojikko in officewear.

The pay is good, but I don't know if another temp actually made more money from the temp job by copying that data to a marketing company - he would have made at least a couple of dollars per person, given the market rates at that time.

Is encryption that expensive as compared to client data?

Old 2012-06-06, 13:42   Link #21790
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
My IC was a cute fresh grad of ComSci with absolutely no idea how to run a mainframe or a makeshift team of male nerds who fap at any dojikko in officewear.
You had me at dojikko in officewear.

Endless "Office nerd" Soul
Old 2012-06-06, 14:13   Link #21791
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
You had me at dojikko in officewear.

Endless "Office nerd" Soul
She is your normal out-of-the-mill Chinese girl with a blank stare, few close friends she trust, and a ComSci degree she took for "high monetary prospects". Though I feel abit bad for her since she had to make do with a $2k per month job and a bunch of younger nerds who rarely interact with 3D girls fapping to her. Not sure if she survived the economic flash crash the following year - all I know is that a significant number of companies in that area went belly-up.

Of course - the AM of the HR warned us that he will kill us all temps if we made her cry.

Old 2012-06-06, 14:53   Link #21792
wontaek

Wanted to share the latest news here

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...women.cnn.html
Old 2012-06-06, 15:39   Link #21793
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, and other
beloved science fiction novels, died Wednesday at the age of 91, according to the i09
science fiction blog.

"His legacy lives on in his monumental body of books, film, television and theater,
but more importantly, in the minds and hearts of anyone who read him, because
to read him was to know him. He was the biggest kid I know," his grandson told i09."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...144137431.html
Was he the last of the golden age of sci fi writers?

Thanks for the great stories, Mr. Bradbury. R.I.P.

Endless "The Illustrated Man" Soul
Old 2012-06-06, 16:07   Link #21794
wontaek

Quote:

Many messages and situations from his books are still relevant today.
Old 2012-06-06, 17:32   Link #21795
Rahan

Quote:

Vance (96 yo) and Pohl (92 yo) are still alive !
Old 2012-06-06, 19:45   Link #21796
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Wanted to share the latest news here

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...women.cnn.html
More following news

Forgotten faces: Japan's comfort women

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-06-06 at 22:20.
Old 2012-06-06, 21:04   Link #21797
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Please tag the links to the articles with titles. Thank you.

Old 2012-06-06, 22:21   Link #21798
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Quote:
Please tag the links to the articles with titles. Thank you.
Is this what you mean?
Old 2012-06-06, 22:31   Link #21799
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Thoses guys completely forgoted something as simple as Adam Smith, if they even bothered reading The Weath of Nations...
Old 2012-06-06, 22:50   Link #21800
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Thoses guys completely forgoted something as simple as Adam Smith, if they even bothered reading The Weath of Nations...
But their concerns are "profits regardless of price"......oh the irony of that statement.

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international