AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-07, 07:24   Link #201
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
So far only the cast list was translated:

キャスト (CAST)
上条当麻 (Kamijou Touma) : 阿部 敦 (Atsushi Abe)
インデックス (Index) : 井口裕香 (Yuka Iguchi)
御坂美琴 (Misaka Mikoto) : 佐藤利奈 (Rina Satō)
神裂火織 (Kanzaki Kaori) : 伊藤静 (Shizuka Itō)
ステイル=マグヌス (Stiyl Magnus) : 谷山紀章 (Kishō Taniyama)
姫神秋沙 (Himegami Aisa) : 能登麻美子 (Mamiko Noto)
土御門元春 (Tsuchimikado Motoharu) : 勝杏里 (Katsu Anri)
青髪ピアス (Aogami Pierce) : 川原慶久 (Kawahara Yoshihisa)
月詠小萌 (Tsukuyomi Komoe) : こやまきみこ (Kimiko Koyama)
白井黒子 (Shirai Kuroko) : 新井里美 (Satomi Arai)
初春飾利 (Uiharu Kazari) : 豊崎愛生 (Aki Toyosaki)
ほか (other)
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 07:27   Link #202
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
So Accelerator isn't in it then I figured he wouldn't be because it is set so early but it sucks to have it confirmed.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 07:38   Link #203
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
There's nothing about the new charas' seiyuu either. Hopefully white-haired might still make a short appearance, even if it's just sleeping in the hospital or whatever.
Quote:
青髪ピアス (Aogami Pierce) : 川原慶久 (Kawahara Yoshihisa)
I hope that one is not just a cameo though ...
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 07:42   Link #204
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
For the "stage magician girl":

今回の新キャラクターの中でも、もっとも奇抜と思われるこの容姿。もっとも謎めいた印象を与えるのは彼女カ もしれない。赤いマントや、頭にちょこんとのったハットからは想像出来ないが、科学サイドの重要人物のよう で……。

Among the new characters, this character appears to have the most striking appearance. She gives the impression of someone really enigmatic. (Something about her red manteau and her slightly-tilted hat, dunno what it is), but seems to be something important to the Science Side...

For the "Kihara get-up look-alike":

全身に黒いスーツを悖った少女。その凛々しい顔立ちからは、規律と秩序を重んじる、生真面目さを感してしま う。手首には、何やら攻撃用のギミック装備のような者が。どのようにストーリーに関わってくるか、要注目だ 。

A girl who has her body covered in a black bodysuit. In her brave looks is a person who respects law and order and someone who takes things too seriously. On her wrists is a seemingly gimmicky accessory that appears to be used for attack. How she will be involved in the story will be something important.

一見、カジュアルに見えるこのキャラクター。彼女が今回のストーリーのキーパーソンの一人であるらしい。ス テイル曰くの、戦争を引き起こしかねないその『謎』とは一体……?

On first glance, she appears to be a completely casual character. This girl alone, however, is a key person to the story. According to Stiyl, she has caused a war due to something [mysterious] inside her body...?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.


Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-06-07 at 08:09.
Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 07:43   Link #205
hao-sama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: philippines
Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama Send a message via Skype™ to hao-sama
summer uniform eh... Accelerator didn't get out of the hospital until the day before the official shift into winter uniforms. chances are, he's still sleeping.

the pink girl is said to be targeted by both magic & science, though it's stated that she's science side. well mikoto & co. wouldn't get involved otherwise, so it's kinda obvious. well that's what i surmised from what the people on /a/ are saying.
__________________
hao-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:24   Link #206
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Next comes staff list

スタッフ (STAFF)
Original work: Kazuma Kamachi
Illustration: Kiyotaka Haimura

Director: Hiroshi Nishikori
Series Composition: Kazuma Kamachi
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Character Design: Yuichi Tanaka
Mechanical Design: Akitaka Mika (wtf? we are going to have mecha!?)
Art Director: Tomonori Kuroda
Color Setting: Tomomi Andou
Director of Photography: Shingo Fukuyo
CG Production: SANZIGEN Animation Studio
Editing: Shigeru Nishiyama
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Music: Maiko Iuchi / I've Sound
Animation Production: J.C.STAFF

Last edited by zaeraal; 2012-06-07 at 08:52.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:31   Link #207
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Holy shit SANZIGEN. So we might get more than just Powered Suits this time. Maybe more of the Hard Science technology?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:34   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
白井黒子 (Shirai Kuroko) : 新井里美 (Satomi Arai)
初春飾利 (Uiharu Kazari) : 豊崎愛生 (Aki Toyosaki)
Lol I guess Saten would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever appear in an Index production


Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Mechanical Design: Akitaka Mika (wtf? we are going to have mecha!?)

zaeraal, 'mechanic' design also mean things like cars and helicopters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
For the "stage magician girl":

今回の新キャラクターの中でも、もっとも奇抜と思われるこの容姿。もっとも謎めいた印象を与えるのは彼女カ もしれない。赤いマントや、頭にちょこんとのったハットからは想像出来ないが、科学サイドの重要人物のよう で……。

Among the new characters, this character appears to have the most striking appearance. She gives the impression of someone really enigmatic. (Something about her red manteau and her slightly-tilted hat, dunno what it is), but seems to be something important to the Science Side...

For the "Kihara get-up look-alike":

全身に黒いスーツを悖った少女。その凛々しい顔立ちからは、規律と秩序を重んじる、生真面目さを感してしま う。手首には、何やら攻撃用のギミック装備のような者が。どのようにストーリーに関わってくるか、要注目だ 。

A girl who has her body covered in a black bodysuit. In her brave looks is a person who respects law and order and someone who takes things too seriously. On her wrists is a seemingly gimmicky accessory that appears to be used for attack. How she will be involved in the story will be something important.

一見、カジュアルに見えるこのキャラクター。彼女が今回のストーリーのキーパーソンの一人であるらしい。ス テイル曰くの、戦争を引き起こしかねないその『謎』とは一体……?

On first glance, she appears to be a completely casual character. This girl alone, however, is a key person to the story. According to Stiyl, she has caused a war due to something [mysterious] inside her body...?

I would guess Stage Magician Girl would represent Magic side while Body Suit Girl would represent Judgement(?) in capturing Blue Cap Girl.

Any chance you can translate the synopsis? Or at least, I think that's the synopsis...

Blue Cap Girl herself would be a Gemstone I guess...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:46   Link #209
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Holy shit SANZIGEN. So we might get more than just Powered Suits this time. Maybe more of the Hard Science technology?
Don't know much about Sanzigen, but Akitaka Mika was in a lot of gundam and mecha animes.
He also designed that mecha Misaka and Index, from which Misaka will be made into figurine this september http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=32393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol I guess Saten would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever appear in an Index production
Sad truth, but maybe she gets a cameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
zaeraal, 'mechanic' design also mean things like cars and helicopters
Yes but they mentioned only the most important people out of the entire staff, that means he is not going to design some "moving can" that can be easily copy-pasted from another works.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:47   Link #210
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
^ a gemstone ... huh ... we've been hearing that here and there recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
You mean this Hiroyuki Yoshino, right? That guy destroyed my hopes once and is now in charge of two series I was looking forward to ... damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Holy shit SANZIGEN. So we might get more than just Powered Suits this time. Maybe more of the Hard Science technology?
Or Gundam-look-alike powered suits ... who knows
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:53   Link #211
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
You mean this Hiroyuki Yoshino, right? That guy destroyed my hopes once and is now in charge of two series I was looking forward to ... damn
Ah yes, my mistake.. fixed the link.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:59   Link #212
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Synopsis on the way. Please stand by.

学園都市製宇宙エレベーター『エンデュミオン』。
その完成を目前に控えたある日、上条とインデックスは能力者(レベル0)の少女・鳴護アリサと であう。
インデックスとアリサが『旺盛な食欲』という謎の繋がりで意気投合し、三人で放課後を楽しんでいた時、魔術 師を引き連れたステイルが突如襲いかかって来る。そのターゲットは、アリサだった。なぜ科学サイドの人間で ある彼女が魔術サイドに狙われるのか?魔術サイドの強襲を受け、学園都市側は女リーダー・シャットアウラ率 いる秩序維持部隊を展開する。
上条とインデックス、そしてアリサを取り巻く状況が混迷を極める中、ステイルは、こう言った。「そこの彼女 は、魔術サイドと科学サイドの間で戦争を引き起こしかねない」と――。
科学と魔術が交差する時、『エンデュミオン』を舞台に物語が始まる――!

The Academy City-made space elevator [Endymion].
At the day when the Endymion's completion is to be unveiled, Kamijou Touma and Index meet a Level 0 named Narumori Arisa.
Index and Arisa discover a mysterious link between each other as [vigorous eaters], and during their afterschool time to enjoy themselves, Stiyl, along with other magicians with him, suddenly began an attack. And the target is Arisa.
What is the reason behind the Magic Side targeting a girl from the Science Side? During this attack, near Academy City, a girl leader by the (unusual -Ed.) name of Shut Aura leads a law-enforcement unit deployed there.
Touma, Index and Arisa, forced into a corner, decide amidst the chaos. And Stiyl speaks, "That girl is capable of sparking a war between the Magic and Science Sides."

When Magic and Science meet, the story — with the Endymion as its stage — will begin!
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.


Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-06-07 at 09:11.
Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:01   Link #213
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
In the story, just before the completion of the Academy City space elevator "Endymion," the main characters Kamijo and Index encounter a level 0 girl named Arisa. The Magicians are after Arisa, and they attack Academy City. A female leader named Shattoaura leads a unit from Academy City against the attack. Kamijyo and Index learn from Stiyl that Arisa is key to a brewing war between the sides of Magic and Science.
via Animenewsnetwork
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:05   Link #214
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
^ Wha ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Ah yes, my mistake.. fixed the link.
you're welcome ^^
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:36   Link #215
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

Sad truth, but maybe she gets a cameo.
You know it's bad when even Himegami appears in the credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

The Academy City-made space elevator [Endymion].
At the day when the Endymion's completion is to be unveiled, Kamijou Touma and Index meet a Level 0 named Narumori Arisa.
Index and Arisa discover a mysterious link between each other as [vigorous eaters], and during their afterschool time to enjoy themselves, Stiyl, along with other magicians with him, suddenly began an attack. And the target is Arisa.
What is the reason behind the Magic Side targeting a girl from the Science Side? During this attack, near Academy City, a girl leader by the (unusual -Ed.) name of Shut Aura leads a law-enforcement unit deployed there.
Touma, Index and Arisa, forced into a corner, decide amidst the chaos. And Stiyl speaks, "That girl is capable of sparking a war between the Magic and Science Sides."

When Magic and Science meet, the story — with the Endymion as its stage — will begin!

Well shit... Space Elevator huh... I knew this day would come...

And Yay! Finally something to speculate! First off let me just say that this kind of plot seems VERY familiar not only for an Index story, but also any original Anime Movie...>.> They sure love their Mysterious Bishoujo Character. So I'm guessing either Arisa is a Gemstone, hence the Level 0 part, or she has some secret technology regarding the Space Elevator...

...Or she's an Alien Wizard.

P.S - Anybody wiki'd the name 'Endymion'? There might be a hint there...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:46   Link #216
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S - Anybody wiki'd the name 'Endymion'? There might be a hint there...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endymion_(mythology)

inb4 - Sailor Moon
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:49   Link #217
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Mah what i got was some Greek reference to a 'shepherd'... Knowing Kamachi, that's probably the one to look for... Either that, or he's thinking about the asteroid named after it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:51   Link #218
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The Academy City-made space elevator [Endymion].
J.C.Staff broken again canon status of their own show, as something that huge never showed up in anime or manga (unless it's not in AC).
And it could probably mean that to make thinghs right, this elevator is doomed to be destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H.
On first glance, she appears to be a completely casual character. This girl alone, however, is a key person to the story. According to Stiyl, she has caused a war due to something [mysterious] inside her body...?

...

At the day when the Endymion's completion is to be unveiled, Kamijou Touma and Index meet a Level 0 named Narumori Arisa
Sigh, why people with powers or mysterious/hidden things inside them are labeled as level 0..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know it's bad when even Himegami appears in the credits
Yeah, noticed that too.
Though I don't believe Uiharu, Kuroko, Aogami, Tsuchimikado, Komoe or Himegami will get any big role.
And don't forget, there is that "OTHER" part
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:58   Link #219
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
J.C.Staff broken again canon status of their own show, as something that huge never showed up in anime or manga (unless it's not in AC).
And it could probably mean that to make thinghs right, this elevator is doomed to be destroyed.
Kamachi wrote the story, not JC Staff.

And like you've said, it could be in somewhere else...

Hmmm, then again, could that be it in the background of the promo?

Still, the destruction of a Space Elevator is not something that won't leave any scars on the surroundings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Sigh, why people with powers or mysterious/hidden things inside them are labeled as level 0..
You know why already.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 10:25   Link #220
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
seems that the film will at least be fun, and had to bet I would also say that the girl is a Gemstone
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.