AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-06, 23:05   Link #21801
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
But their concerns are "profits regardless of price"......oh the irony of that statement.
Or they are prefering profit over wealth...
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:42   Link #21802
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Toronto bans plastic bags by the start of 2013

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/06...-start-of-2013

Quote:
City councillors voted 27-17 Wednesday to prohibit all Toronto retail stores from providing customers with single-use plastic bags starting next year. Councillors also voted 23-21 to trash the three-year old nickel fee for plastic bags effective next month.
Sounds like a great move, I don't understand the Mayor at all. How is a ban on single-use plastic bags 'ludicrous'.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 07:01   Link #21803
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
It's not. Plastic bags are a waste of useful plastic. x.x
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:01   Link #21804
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Battersea Power Station sale: Malaysian company beats Chelsea bid

So why is a Malaysian company interested in an old power station in London?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:39   Link #21805
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth


The bald-headed neo-nazi that threw the water to the conservative geezer and euro-comunnist chick, and then bitch-slapped/punched thrice the stalinist granny is the result of two years of "Merkozy" experiments in some forsaken country at the end of Europe.

Greece, Hungary, and Bulgaria are utterly destroyed both from their internal forces that went into hiding in Germany and Switzerland "lawful" corruption, as well as their foreign "benefactors".

The question is what do the people in other "european" countries and islands close-by want... return to Bush, Stalin, Hitler, Napoleon, The Black Prince and his Free Companies raping french maids, The "pious" Dark Ages slaughtering pagans, Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, and the rest of butchers that are celebrated nationally or finally understand that these kind of persons hurt our own future
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:42   Link #21806
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...cked-religion/

Quote:
“If you think that you have some higher moral authority that allows you to break [the] rule of law, that allows you to go to that clinic, to allow you to disregard the rights of other people to use that clinic, to disrespect those people, then you are wrong, and your God is wrong, because no God would tolerate that,” Judge Clements said.

Later in their exchange she said she would not stay away from abortion clinics in the future.

“You are going to go to jail,” the judge said.

He found Ms. Wagner guilty of entering Bloor West Village Women’s Clinic the morning of Nov. 8, 2011, approaching patients in the waiting room, refusing to leave and pushing on a door being closed on her by staff to prevent her entry into a secure area of the clinic. Ms. Wagner was already on probation for a previous mischief charge and was barred from contacting clinic staff or being at least 500 metres from its doors when she appeared that day.
Quote:
“You know, get a grip. She sure wouldn’t like it if somebody was standing on her doorstep everyday pushing her around. If I had the power to do that, that is what I would do. I would have somebody in her face every day, go and rattle her door. How would she like that?” Judge Clements went on to say.
While the law stands that the ridiculously aggressive christian is violating the law, this judge sounds like a biased A-hole >_>
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:52   Link #21807
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Greece, Hungary, and Bulgaria are utterly destroyed both from their internal forces that went into hiding in Germany and Switzerland "lawful" corruption, as well as their foreign "benefactors".
Mhh, from here all I see is that Europe as a whole is in recesion becasue they forgot a simple fact, you cannot expend more than you earn. Back on the '70s here in Mexico we did just that and lost a whole generation recovering (meanwhile the world moved on). The problem is that I see europe is overheated politicaly, getting results is no longer about right or wrong, in the minds of the people is about left or right, which is not the same thing.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:56   Link #21808
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...cked-religion/




While the law stands that the ridiculously aggressive christian is violating the law, this judge sounds like a biased A-hole >_>
I wouldn't say a ''A-hole'', more like a mistaken idiot; to inflict her the equivalence of what she was doing, pestering her wouldn't be enough, you would have to attack her moral values.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:12   Link #21809
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Mhh, from here all I see is that Europe as a whole is in recesion becasue they forgot a simple fact, you cannot expend more than you earn. Back on the '70s here in Mexico we did just that and lost a whole generation recovering (meanwhile the world moved on). The problem is that I see europe is overheated politicaly, getting results is no longer about right or wrong, in the minds of the people is about left or right, which is not the same thing.
I won't defend the borrowing of private and public sector because along with neo-nazis supporting then those policies in Greece (and most of non-germanic-European countries and bankers/investors) were the reasons I left my own country almost a decade ago... but in "democracies" public opinion is vulnerable to advertised half-truths. When the borrowers protect the corrupt in their own soil (as Germany and Switzerland did and still do), along with "their" money, I can hardly blame anyone over-reacting, because they have suffered a decade-long Goebels-styled-propaganda that manipulated them as the sheepish peasants that they are to their own doom... not only in Greece, but soon for all of Europe, unless they manage to make Greece again the scapegoat, since the people leading the country there again try their best to gain that role. I am afraid that is just the prelude to another of those "great" wars that have not taught anyone nothing over the last three millennia
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:14   Link #21810
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
While the law stands that the ridiculously aggressive christian is violating the law, this judge sounds like a biased A-hole >_>
How so? Because she was convicted of it before, refused to stop, did it again, and now he has to hear a repeat offender's case? It's clear she doesn't understand why what she's doing is wrong, so why is the judge a biased a-hole for wanting her to get a taste of her own medicine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I wouldn't say a ''A-hole'', more like a mistaken idiot; to inflict her the equivalence of what she was doing, pestering her wouldn't be enough, you would have to attack her moral values.
How does that make him an idiot? Wouldn't that merely make him a bit naive to think pestering was enough?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:30   Link #21811
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Mhh, from here all I see is that Europe as a whole is in recesion becasue they forgot a simple fact, you cannot expend more than you earn. Back on the '70s here in Mexico we did just that and lost a whole generation recovering (meanwhile the world moved on). The problem is that I see europe is overheated politicaly, getting results is no longer about right or wrong, in the minds of the people is about left or right, which is not the same thing.
It is not Europe as a whole. Germany's unemployment rate is currently the lowest since 20 years (German re-unification), 2011 they broke their export record (exceeded 1 Trillion Euro), deficit for 2011 is at 1.x%, for short term bonds they are paying no interest or even below zero interest.

And to all PIIGS's blaming others: fuck you!
If you think you can do so well without "Merkozy" than stop taking German money. Without that you would've been totally bankrupt already. So instead of pay cuts that means zero pay. You want to stop austerity? Fine. But tell me with whose money first!
You did the opposite of austerity for a long time now, and it didn't really work out.
The people of Ireland have accepted the "Merkozy" measures in a plebiscite with a good 60% last week, btw, instead of burning Nazi flags.

*(Not implying the "Merkozy" measures are good or even sane, but Greece has itself to blame first and foremost, really.)
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:33   Link #21812
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How so? Because she was convicted of it before, refused to stop, did it again, and now he has to hear a repeat offender's case? It's clear she doesn't understand why what she's doing is wrong, so why is the judge a biased a-hole for wanting her to get a taste of her own medicine?
That's exactly why. That's not what a Judge is paid to do. They're to lay down judgement in accordance to the law, not to criticize the way people think and act like some tabloid editor. He can attack her reasoning all he wants in his off-work time but that's not what a judge should be doing in court.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:44   Link #21813
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
It is not Europe as a whole. Germany's unemployment rate is currently the lowest since 20 years (German re-unification), 2011 they broke their export record (exceeded 1 Trillion Euro), deficit for 2011 is at 1.x%, for short term bonds they are paying no interest or even below zero interest.

And to all PIIGS's blaming others: fuck you!
If you think you can do so well without "Merkozy" than stop taking German money. Without that you would've have totally bankrupt already. So instead of pay cuts that means zero pay. You want to stop austerity? Fine. But tell me with whose money first!
You did the opposite of austerity for a long time now, and it didn't really work out.
The people of Ireland have accepted the "Merkozy" measures in a plebiscite with a good 60% last week, btw, instead of burning Nazi flags.

*(Not implying the "Merkozy" measures are good or even sane, but Greece should has itself to blame foremost, really.)
I am not blaming for PIIGS+France+EastGermany+EastEurope+... well all of EU save for West Germany trouble to "Merkozy", but rather that they promoted for years solutions that benefited everyone except me as a tax-payer in Germany for the six years I lived there. Of course West Germans will be pissed off that their money ended up to the pockets of money-lenders that their grand-fathers tried to exterminate along with others 70+ years ago

In Greece judges are still trying to find a way to force employees of certain German companies to testify against politicians who proudly still ask for popular support, yet evade corruption charges abroad.

Europe IMHO has not really changed despite the visionaries that spent their lives to unite us as people, and we are still as susceptible to fascism and their 18th-c. discovered nations, like our grandfathers including those they shipped to the americas and those that killed each other for no apparent gain, as realized 50 years ago, but now long forgotten
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 10:43   Link #21814
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I am afraid that is just the prelude to another of those "great" wars that have not taught anyone nothing over the last three millennia
I highly doubt it. In WWI it was a clash of empires, no country in europe is ATM an empire. in WWII you had a great depresion (not a recesion or a mere depresion) plus the versailles treaty (it is not the same to be deep in debt because of a loan). Lets suppose that the EU broke and members wage war upon each other, what are you going to do at the end of it? ask for MORE LOANS to the americans *facepalm* What will you do if they decide NOT to give soft loans like after WWII, remember the only reasons they did it back then is that they feared all europe would become part of the soviet sphere of influence. If europe became as poor as latin-america it would be easier for the USA to as they please.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 11:02   Link #21815
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Well, military war or not, some countries have already entered the post-war consequences of that "war", like Germany did in the mid-war period... and joking or not these are people we are talking about, that have been mislead (of course due to their own desire for lethe (like all europeans across their bloody history that so eagerly forget) into this state of mind, because they trusted their saviors instead of the voice of reason that they quickly banished to their saviors and then because of other "unlawful forces" further away from their homelands

PS: Too bleak and pessimistic, but it's my biased perspective on the matter, obviously becoming darker seeing what happens in a country I wasted almost 2.5 decades and another more than half... trying for them and their societies
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 12:30   Link #21816
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I wouldn't say a ''A-hole'', more like a mistaken idiot; to inflict her the equivalence of what she was doing, pestering her wouldn't be enough, you would have to attack her moral values.
The judge didn't say "THE God", he said "HER god" .... she clearly doesn't grasp he was asserting there was a difference.

I grow more weary of people who insist on inflicting THEIR god (i.e. their personal interpretation) on everyone else. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned the judge is only guilty of not being precise enough in his language because a lot of Christians class her as an extremist. The Bible simply doesn't support the likes of her at all -- it is purely added doctrine by Catholic hierarchy or evangelical assertions. Just another form of female subjugation technique...

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-06-07 at 14:30.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 12:38   Link #21817
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...cked-religion/




While the law stands that the ridiculously aggressive christian is violating the law, this judge sounds like a biased A-hole >_>
At worst, he sounds like he's tired of dealing with her idiocy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:28   Link #21818
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
And to all PIIGS's blaming others: fuck you!
If you think you can do so well without "Merkozy" than stop taking German money. Without that you would've been totally bankrupt already. So instead of pay cuts that means zero pay. You want to stop austerity? Fine. But tell me with whose money first!
You did the opposite of austerity for a long time now, and it didn't really work out.
The people of Ireland have accepted the "Merkozy" measures in a plebiscite with a good 60% last week, btw, instead of burning Nazi flags.
It's funny how you insult the Irish right before praising them a few sentences afterwards.

I would personally say the same to you that you said to us folks on the periphery of the European Union but I'm more interested in seeing my country and the rest of Europe get back on track so that Germany and France can keep exporting your wares to us like you do now!

Don't forget that one of the reasons that France and Germany are doing so well on their deficits is that you paid good money through the EEC/EU to basically destroy the agriculture and other industries of the countries you now impose harsh austerity measures on as a way to keep us alive just well enough that we could keep buying French potatoes and German cars!

In the meanwhile we're working for 600€ a month (if we even get a job) trying to make a living in this god forsaken Europe that the previous generation left for us! Are we to blame for being stupid to the point of allowing the French and Germans to buy us out during the last 20 years? Yes, we clearly are at fault for that. Are you guys as well? Yes! Are you personally responsible? Just as much as I am.

So stop being a bloody narcissist and remember that there are those of us who see friends and family loose their jobs and even their homes day after day and can't do a bloody thing about it because we have no freaking money!

And the bloody ratings agencies keep doing a fantastic job of creating self-fulfilling prophecies because the so called "Mercozy" duo made sure that the ECB was unable to use anything to shield the eurozone because their respective countries weren't the ones being attacked!

The rating agencies are bloody vultures who had their fill predicting the downfall of Greece, had their fun attacking Portugal and now are after Spain.

PS: Am I pissed off? Bloody hell I am and even more so when you get people telling my country that we have to lower our salaries which are already some of the lowest in the union!
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:42   Link #21819
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
The euro crisis is a classic "banksters screwed it up but the citizens and the taxpayers get left with the mess to clean up and pay for". All the "austerity measures" are exactly that -- getting everyone but the guilty to take the hit.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:46   Link #21820
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It's funny how you insult the Irish right before praising them a few sentences afterwards.
All PIIGS blaming others != All PIIGS
Very big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I would personally say the same to you that you said to us folks on the periphery of the European Union but I'm more interested in seeing my country and the rest of Europe get back on track so that Germany and France can keep exporting your wares to us like you do now!
Germany's export to Greece is a mere 5 Billion Euro annually. If you subtract the EU subventions from the profits of the German industry there won't be much left. That's nothing compared to its >1 Trillion total exports, definitely not worth guaranteeing hundreds of Billions of Euro with little chance of getting them back (the reason you guys have to pay so much interests.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Don't forget that one of the reasons that France and Germany are doing so well on their deficits is that you paid good money through the EEC/EU to basically destroy the agriculture and other industries of the countries you now impose harsh austerity measures on as a way to keep us alive just well enough that we could keep buying French potatoes and German cars!
Wait, what?
Germany subsidizing other countries' agriculture with German taxpayer money is to destroy their agriculture? And destroyed agriculture means they buy more German cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
In the meanwhile we're working for 600€ a month (if we even get a job) trying to make a living in this god forsaken Europe that the previous generation left for us! Are we to blame for being stupid to the point of allowing the French and Germans to buy us out during the last 20 years? Yes, we clearly are at fault for that. Are you guys as well? Yes! Are you personally responsible? Just as much as I am.
True dat. That's why I'm more angry at my representatives than other countries' representatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And the bloody ratings agencies keep doing a fantastic job of creating self-fulfilling prophecies because the so called "Mercozy" duo made sure that the ECB was unable to use anything to shield the eurozone because their respective countries weren't the ones being attacked!
Sorry, but this is not true. Germany has no power in the ECB. And the ECB is doing lots of bonds bying to save the PIIGS. Germany didn't want that, but the PIIGS and France have the power in the ECB. It is no coincidence that an Italian got made president.
This is all while the Euro/ECB statues explicitly forbid such measures. Maastricht clearly ruled that no Euro country shall ever bail out another.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.