AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-07, 13:05   Link #21
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Well Tashigi's body is just a normal body even if the dimensions and body parts are different from what smoker is used to.
Yeah.. especially in the breast area...

Somehow smoker seem to be more agile now than normally.. maybe Tashigi's fencing shows in moves, her body ( so nice to talk about her body btw. ) is trained for different things than Smokers and might be even faster than Smokers own body?

With smokers skills, he can make good use of that speed and compensate a little the loss of his devil fruit abilities. I think one message through One Piece has been, that devil fruit abilities only don't give much power.. actually for Luffy it was more of a dead weight before he learn to use that well. Luffy could fight in any body (< funny to say it like that) because he is fighting specialist.

I think it is intresting to see, if Oda is going to boost Tashigi's skills in order to match her power to Zoros... I kinda dislike that idea, but doesn't care if that happens.

BTW.. Tashigi is certainly most narrow minded female character in One Piece.
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 13:12   Link #22
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wut?
I thought it was hilarious when Luffy just grabbed C.C like the way he did.

Caesar: *Insert sinister speach*
Luffy: Gotcha
Caesar: Da Fuk? 0.o


Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
BTW.. Tashigi is certainly most narrow minded female character in One Piece.
Explain?
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 13:50   Link #23
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^I concur. I always figured that Hancock held the title of most narrow-minded female of the series.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 15:11   Link #24
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I concur. I always figured that Hancock held the title of most narrow-minded female of the series.
So narrow in fact that it doesn't leave room for the big picture that says "The end is nigh".
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 15:19   Link #25
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Well Tashigi's body is just a normal body even if the dimensions and body parts are different from what smoker is used to. Quite different from having to learn how to use a DF ability and a logia at that.
Her body isn't normal considering she's using a katana. Speaking of that she doesn't have any techniques. Smoker just proved haki can do wonders even if he's in a female body. If they ever do switch back (how will they switch back?) they should be comfortable enough to use their bodies again. Tashigi has seen smoker fighting.. Why can't she have the same intensity in her battles? You can't be proud using a logia df different body (Was it really difficult to use it?).
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 15:45   Link #26
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
People are wondering how they will switch back...Obviously Luffy will tell Law to do it because Smokey isn't Smokey without his smoke body.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:38   Link #27
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
People are wondering how they will switch back...Obviously Luffy will tell Law to do it because Smokey isn't Smokey without his smoke body.
I'm kind of hoping that there is a natural time limit (and then the bodies automatically switch bac) or some other natural factor that limits Law's power, because he seems a little overpowered to me...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:48   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm kind of hoping that there is a natural time limit (and then the bodies automatically switch bac) or some other natural factor that limits Law's power, because he seems a little overpowered to me...
Agreed, out of all the paramecia we've seen so far, Law's is one of the most broken.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:23   Link #29
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm kind of hoping that there is a natural time limit (and then the bodies automatically switch bac) or some other natural factor that limits Law's power, because he seems a little overpowered to me...
That would then make Laws power weak. Everyone in one piece can spam there power like it water. Look at the Logia users, they are like gods. Black Beard has two devil fruits and looking for more. That would be unfair and it would hurt law, especially with the competition he is facing.

Chapter 670
That was not a bad chapter. Luffy is handling Logia Users pretty nicely. CC looks like he was not expecting Luffy to grab him. If this blob get even a quarter of the size of the Island, then there will be big explosion. I am sure the Marine HQ will be able to see it to.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-06-07 at 21:06.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:40   Link #30
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Luffy could ask but don't think it's going to be that simple. I wouldn't say Laws fruit is broken its that we haven't seen many paramecia users applying haki to their fruit. Since we're in the new world plenty of opportunity for that. Zoans too.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 04:12   Link #31
Jouten
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I hope Oda comes up with a solution that doesn't involve Luffy's/Law's pity for Smoker and Tashigi to switch back.

I want Smoker to legimately get his body back, otherwise it's hard to believe that Smoker is Luffy's Garp anymore
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gvH5ATjShc
Gear Third: Gomu Gomu Giganto Pistol!
Jouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 05:12   Link #32
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
For once Luffy actually do what any decent protagonists should do, make the move when the badie is still busy explaining his master plan

Robin is really beautiful now btw
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-06-08 at 05:22.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 09:15   Link #33
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
That would then make Laws power weak. Everyone in one piece can spam there power like it water. Look at the Logia users, they are like gods. Black Beard has two devil fruits and looking for more. That would be unfair and it would hurt law, especially with the competition he is facing.

You're..... kind of missing his point, methinks. True, logia users may be overpowered but even THEY'RE not invincible when faced with either their "weakness" (water and rubber for Croc and Eneru respectively) or a powerful haki user. And considering that the New World is undoubtedly filled with the latter, Law's ability is definitely going to look cheap even amongst the "godlike" element users (and don't forget that it was even already confirmed that Law can use haki himself..... that right there is almost overkill). So yeah, I think I'm gonna agree with James on this one.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 10:36   Link #34
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You're..... kind of missing his point, methinks. True, logia users may be overpowered but even THEY'RE not invincible when faced with either their "weakness" (water and rubber for Croc and Eneru respectively) or a powerful haki user. And considering that the New World is undoubtedly filled with the latter, Law's ability is definitely going to look cheap even amongst the "godlike" element users (and don't forget that it was even already confirmed that Law can use haki himself..... that right there is almost overkill). So yeah, I think I'm gonna agree with James on this one.....
oh i think oda will come up with a legitimate weakness for law. it will be interesting to see him fight the top-tier op guys. i'm curious as to what that weakness will be.

speaking of the top-tier DF users, a friend of mine once claimed that these guys could give the dragon ball saiyan a run for their money. i tend to agree. they are god-like after all and they do have the ability to destroy planets. only i doubt they would try to destroy theirs, otherwise they would have nowhere to live in.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 10:42   Link #35
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Law's ability falls into the same category as Kuma's, they can manipulate not just space and matter but also the intangible and abstract.

I don't think these guys will have any sort of weakness to their ability, they can only be taken down by pure skill and brute strength, or seastone/sea water.

The closest thing to a weakness that Law has is his 'casting speed' and range, which he had improved alot since Shabondy.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 11:03   Link #36
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
BTW, there was something I meant to bring up before: I think that, should it turn out that CC gets taken out sooner than expected, I can think of a potential candidate for the "surprise" final boss of the arc: Joker, the government mole. Or to be more accurate, whatever forces Joker decides to send over to PH should he realize that Caesar failed to erase the intruders. I mean, the WG ordered Kuma to exterminate the Straw-Hats once they discovered Moria's failure during the TB arc, so who would a mole like Joker send, depending on how well-connected he is? A Buster Call, perhaps? One of the other new warlords? Maybe even one of the new admirals? There's no way that Joker would take the Straw-Hats lightly upon discovering that they took out a mad scientist with a powerful DF ability like CC, so it would make the most sense for him to send the appropriate (ie overwhelming) forces to deal with them, methinks.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 11:05   Link #37
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Law only has one new world fight under his belt we've seen. Even then he hard time keeping up with smoker. Smoker got caught off guard. Where is this he's a top tier now coming from.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 13:44   Link #38
Divine Punisher
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Iga-gakure
Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Great chapter! It was nice to see luffy using haki so casually to grab smoker (tashigi). Smoker himself seemed not impressed at all by this, going after luffy in his state. As expected from the white hunter.
And luffy tackling C.C. is just hilarious. What a bold and reckless move HE just doesnt care!
__________________
Divine Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 14:08   Link #39
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
Great chapter! It was nice to see luffy using haki so casually to grab smoker (tashigi). Smoker himself seemed not impressed at all by this, going after luffy in his state. As expected from the white hunter.
And luffy tackling C.C. is just hilarious. What a bold and reckless move HE just doesnt care!
Impressed or not,but he was pissed off as hell because he couldn't do shit to Luffy in that body.

But he always looks pissed off,so...
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 17:22   Link #40
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Law only has one new world fight under his belt we've seen. Even then he hard time keeping up with smoker. Smoker got caught off guard. Where is this he's a top tier now coming from.
Its not about him being top tier, its about his ability being top tier.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.