AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-10-22, 11:46   Link #121
NoirKy
Kaleido Star Trainee

Send a message via AIM to NoirKy Send a message via MSN to NoirKy
I was wondering... is the manga finished yet??
NoirKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 13:54   Link #122
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
to answer your question
yes it is Yu Se
and yes there was a guy that looked like him ChunRangYulJun.
and even the author said he basically copied the ideas.
o okay thx, least now i wont be confused X3
i think imma go and see if vol 5 is out yet XD <goes and drives to the nearest borders store>
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 20:13   Link #123
Craze

Looks like it's been a while since someone posted in here..

I finally found more info and pics on this manga/manhwa! I got this off my comic store last year when they released Vol 1 and 2. Just 2 weeks back they released Vol 3 and 4 (after a long 1-year wait!)

I'm definitely more interested in the Yu-He/Ran pairing, simply cause Yu-He is such a bad-ass. But one question, if I remember correctly, in Vol 4 when Yu-He woke up after the fight in Mother Demon's place he was alone with the masked guy right? So I'm assuming Ran's parents took Ran back. So why couldn't they release her binds with their skills? They're awesomely powerful from the way I see it.

The drawings are really good so far, but I have one complaint- the drawing seems a little inconsistent at times. For example you see the characters accessories appearing on the wrong sides sometimes. In Vol 4, Ran seems to be holding her swords on the right side and suddenly it appears on her left. And when she got hurt by Bi-Ryu it was initially on the right and suddenly it was on the left. Feels very odd to see that.
Craze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 20:29   Link #124
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craze
Looks like it's been a while since someone posted in here..

I finally found more info and pics on this manga/manhwa! I got this off my comic store last year when they released Vol 1 and 2. Just 2 weeks back they released Vol 3 and 4 (after a long 1-year wait!)

I'm definitely more interested in the Yu-He/Ran pairing, simply cause Yu-He is such a bad-ass. But one question, if I remember correctly, in Vol 4 when Yu-He woke up after the fight in Mother Demon's place he was alone with the masked guy right? So I'm assuming Ran's parents took Ran back. So why couldn't they release her binds with their skills? They're awesomely powerful from the way I see it.

The drawings are really good so far, but I have one complaint- the drawing seems a little inconsistent at times. For example you see the characters accessories appearing on the wrong sides sometimes. In Vol 4, Ran seems to be holding her swords on the right side and suddenly it appears on her left. And when she got hurt by Bi-Ryu it was initially on the right and suddenly it was on the left. Feels very odd to see that.
Interesting observation. We actually had some lines of discussion going here earlier this year, but they got killed by the recent forum reset. Yu-Se actually doesn't amuse me that much, since he never struck me as a particularly novel character-- but then again, neither did Bi-Ryu. I'm just infatuated with the whole Indian-martial arts theme, since you rarely see that being done. But, yeh. Ran's the love of my life-- so cold and steely-- just like her mother!

Oh, and Ah-kwi (the fat cook) is freakin hilarious.
Old 2005-12-24, 21:26   Link #125
Craze

Oh, I didn't know about the forum reset (just registered like yesterday?) Too bad the earlier stuff posted by Slade isn't working anymore (dying for more Ran pics!)

Indian martial arts theme? That's something new to hear, but I thought it's based on the 4 Divine Gods skillls that Shashimu's based on? I see that being used very frequently in mangas.

Ambience, I guess we have something in common then..I like Ran very much too, her appearance was much better than Rin, and her skillful swordswomanship is indeed amazing.

So how many volumes are out for you guys? I heard 16 volumes is out in Korea but there's only 4 volumes out here..

Edit: Anyone knows where I can get my hands on any scanlations? I don't wanna wait for another year for 2 voloumes..

Last edited by Craze; 2005-12-25 at 12:03.
Craze is offline   Reply With Quote