AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 15 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 7.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-11, 10:28   Link #141
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
like to see anyone would so send 2nd coming of basco ta jolokia http://henshinjustice.com/wordpress/.../basco_lol.jpg aka ONORE MYKAGE a one way ticket to "dead man walking".

yea even more NO!!! read some tv tropes & it mention Alicia resembles Lacus Clyne and has the same voice actress.

& yea when it happen “Hello. My name is Amata Sora. You killed my family. Prepare to die.” & Best Served Cold.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 10:57   Link #142
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Well, it's turning out like I thought. They squandered their time and now are forced to rush everything else. A real shame they spent so many episodes on Amata angsting over his Mother, who could care less about him, all that time to develop Zessica even though they planned for this to happen the entire time, those "random" reveals that completely messed up Genesis and the original love story, and now they're starting to kill characters off in droves(with little development). Seems like they're panicking and using death to try and finish up their plot points or to quickly deal with issues they don't have the time to touch on. Perhaps they should have put someone else in charge of this project, you know someone that knows how to stay focus?

I fully expect them to say "screw it" with Zessica and kill her off in the end, most likely sacrifice(to stop Mykage because clearly nothing but killing yourself can end his trolling), because of her "love" for Amata. Worse if she doesn't even appear anymore and just say Mykage has full control. Which we all know Amata will cry about for all 5 seconds than going back to Mikono mode. I mean he's already done it before and considering how easily he forgave his horrible parents and will most likely take his mother's bad advice....
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 11:26   Link #143
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I fully expect them to say "screw it" with Zessica and kill her off in the end, most likely sacrifice(to stop Mykage because clearly nothing but killing yourself can end his trolling), because of her "love" for Amata.
Yeah, that's part of the reason why I think Zessica is going to kamikaze herself before it's all said and done.

Simply put, it's the easy way out of the corner that they've wrote themselves into with Zessica. Anything else would require frankly startling character development which honestly could come off as an asspull if not handled superbly (honestly, I can't see Zessica easily getting over Amata or the Mykage thing now; not now, I just couldn't swallow it).
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 11:33   Link #144
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
It still is a horrible end for her considering how well Amata took things and than forgot about her almost immediatly after her supposed death from before.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 11:33   Link #145
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, that's part of the reason why I think Zessica is going to kamikaze herself before it's all said and done.

Simply put, it's the easy way out of the corner that they've wrote themselves into with Zessica. Anything else would require frankly startling character development which honestly could come off as an asspull if not handled superbly (honestly, I can't see Zessica easily getting over Amata or the Mykage thing now; not now, I just couldn't swallow it).
Technically it's not her love that allowed the bodysnatched, it's the fact she's so gloomy because she doesn't belong with her beloved. It's impossible to get over a love in 2 seconds, but maybe can she loves him (while curing her from it latter, after the show) and just accept the fact she won't get Amata but be at peace with that fact. I don't think Zessica destroying her body means that Mykage is going to die. And how can she do that when she has no control over it anymore.
The only thing that could allow it to happen is get over the bodysnatch and if she does so no need for her to kill herself.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 11:46   Link #146
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That would require the creators actually moving characters off their one track train ride. They wont let Zessica move on from Amata, they even showed what happens when she tried to forget about Amata so he could be happy. It only made things worse and locked her into that promise with Mykage when she was emotionally distressed. Thus her death is pretty much going to happen, or at least her final fate wont be a pretty one. The sad thing is that Amata and Mikono, if they get together, wont care about her fate or anyone else's fate in the end because fate got them together so fate must be a pretty cool guy, right?

As for her body. They may not show her inside again, thus her death will occur, or they will go the cliche route of her appearing, fighting for her body, and than holding Mykage in place and having Amata or Mikono kill her so she can try and take Mykage with her because she "loves" Amata so much that she will die to protect him. Than they'll have Amata carry Mikono off into the sunset and pretend he never met Zessica and Mikono will suddenly never mention Kagura ever again.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 11:56   Link #147
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Frankly, I think a lot of the *single minded desires* only come off as absurd because of what I brought up before, alloted time vs. running plot threads. I think some characters are meant to come off as *monsters* for their love, while others are meant to be the *normal* people caught in the storm.

Look at Mikono and Zessica. Mikono is stuck in the middle of an obsessive tug of war between two halves of the same person who is her destiny no matter how you turn, shake, or rock the world. Meanwhile, Zessica is stuck on the outside and unable to get in because of the above (the final nail in the coffin, probably what broke her enough for Mykage to possess her, was the reveal of Amata = Apollo = destined to be with Mikono).
Spoiler for Complete Aside:

I cannot help but think that this episode was just making fun of everything that's going on, or is unintentionally hilarious in bad ways. (Start off that father was with Kagura, while mother was with Amata, the set-up is too perfect for coincidence, tbh) Izumo is identified with and compared to Kagura (screw the world, I want my woman), while Alicia was identified with and compared to Amata (fell in love at first sight), and, by the end of their episode, it becomes clear that the traits now shared by Kagura and Amata are what caused the whole mess in the first place plus some compounding factors like Mykage (but he's still a compounding factor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zull
Technically it's not her love that allowed the bodysnatched, it's the fact she's so gloomy because she doesn't belong with her beloved. It's impossible to get over a love in 2 seconds, but maybe can she loves him (while curing her from it latter, after the show) and just accept the fact she won't get Amata but be at peace with that fact. I don't think Zessica destroying her body means that Mykage is going to die. And how can she do that when she has no control over it anymore.
The only thing that could allow it to happen is get over the bodysnatch and if she does so no need for her to kill herself.
Its a consequence of her love but, by presentation, its heart break that caused the possession. She already settled for loving him without her getting him or him loving her back but she had hoped for a chance in some other life (she wasn't even gloomy about the whole thing after the mini-arc to Altair). The revelation for reincarnations just shattered what little bit of hope she had left and broke her heart.

I won't even bring up the laundry list of inconsistencies that would arise if "gloom" or "not being with the one she loves" was what our resident angel needed to take house in Zessica. #1 on that list being: Didn't need to do anything.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:19   Link #148
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
I am going to say that I feel very upset for Amata. Only because beautiful Alicia is gone now. I seriously hate Mikage now. He only reminds that he is a wannabe woman. I also dislike Kagura for taking Mikono all to himself. -.- One of the most emotional episodes I have ever seen.
__________________
Krytonis is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:23   Link #149
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Anyone else confused when Amata said "I was afraid to go after the one I love" or something to that effect? Has he not been egging for Mikono this entire time? Didn't he go to Altair because he was going after the one he loved? It this yet another retcon to try and make him understand his horrible mother?

I also don't understand how everyone can hate Mykage so easily yet they instantly forgive Izumo. Izumo may not have wanted to take Alicia to Altair but he still attacked Vega and willingly kidnapped countless other woman only to erase their memories after they turned into men than making them his soldiers. Lets also not forget his rough treatment of Kagura and his totally screwed up treatment of Amata. There's nothing redeemable about him at all, his death and his "love" for Alicia doesn't give him a free pass for all the people he abducted or the countless innocents killed on Vega during his abductions that he willingly participated in and gave the okay for future missions. Not once did he try to resolve this peacefully, it was only after **** hit the fan and his abductions were failing that he bothered to try and force his demands on Vega. Even than he told them very little and fully expected them to comply in giving him Rare Igura.

It's like everyone forgets that Izumo is the main reason Mix got turned into Mixy and why Mixy has altered memories.

Alicia may have had noble intentions but like she said she had Amata. Her responsibility was to him first, he was entirely dependent upon her and unlike Altair's state, which was its own fault in a way, he had done nothing wrong. Yet even though she was a rich actress she couldn't have even bothered to have a guardian set up for him after agreeing to go with her lover? She left him traumitized and alone to live on the streets while being treated like **** by others because of his wings. I don't care what they try and say or do, what she did was wrong but it was worse fo Amata to so easily forgive her despite all the BS she put him through.

No reason to hate on Kagura. Mikono has shown far more interest in him and just like Zessica its a wasted opportunity and wasted time that should have been spent on Amata and Mikono since they are the ones they're pushing for as End Game.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-11 at 12:33.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:28   Link #150
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Anyone else confused when Amata said "I was afraid to go after the one I love" or something to that effect? Has he not been egging for Mikono this entire time? Didn't he go to Altair because he was going after the one he loved? It this yet another retcon to try and make him understand his horrible mother?
Maybe he was talking about his mom. Because if not, it doesn't make sense indeed.

Quote:
I also don't understand how everyone can hate Mykage so easily yet they instantly forgive Izumo. Izumo may not have wanted to take Alicia to Altair but he still attacked Vega and willingly kidnapped countless other woman only to erase their memories after they turned into men than making them his soldiers. Lets also not forget his rough treatment of Kagura and his totally screwed up treatment of Amata. There's nothing redeemable about him at all, his death and his "love" for Alicia doesn't give him a free pass for all the people he abducted or the countless innocents killed on Vega during his abductions.
I think Zessicage made a good deed killing them both.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 13:25   Link #151
Radik
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I fully expect them to say "screw it" with Zessica and kill her off in the end, most likely sacrifice(to stop Mykage because clearly nothing but killing yourself can end his trolling), because of her "love" for Amata.
That would really make her entire presence in the show pointless. It's bad enough that we have to see her getting more and more depressed over the latter half of the series. If they end up just killing her along with Mikage, then she might as well not have been there in the first place. But with so little time left, there aren't a lot of ways to resolve the situation, so they might actually just kill her off anyway like they did with Izumo and Alicia. Not that I feel sorry for those two, talk about bad parents...
Radik is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 14:00   Link #152
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So yeah, I think it's one or the other. An otherwise well-crafted deconstruction that perhaps is a touch too coy/cute for its own good (so people aren't "getting it" unlike Madoka Magica)... or Kawamori actually intended this to be an epic Coming of Age "monomyth" story played straight, and it's getting unraveled by really badly handled secondary details.
Greek/Roman myths were used as basis for Aquarion Evol (apparently, Kagura and Amata are inspired Romulus and Remus?). So maybe it's intentional the romance is a bad thing overall (and how it's so badly written), considering what happens to the lovers involved in most love stories and how sometimes makes no sound sense. In any case, expecting a happy ending seems ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I cannot help but think that this episode was just making fun of everything that's going on, or is unintentionally hilarious in bad ways. (Start off that father was with Kagura, while mother was with Amata, the set-up is too perfect for coincidence, tbh) Izumo is identified with and compared to Kagura (screw the world, I want my woman), while Alicia was identified with and compared to Amata (fell in love at first sight), and, by the end of their episode, it becomes clear that the traits now shared by Kagura and Amata are what caused the whole mess in the first place plus some compounding factors like Mykage (but he's still a compounding factor).
Good catch. However, the writers insist they are poor woobies and victims who did something right (conceive Amata to solve their problems), even if the Japanese fanbase is in uproar and hating on Alicia and Izumo (which is too bad because Izumo was one of my favorite characters before this mess). So who knows? I can't wait for them to fuse because Amagura will be the double of obsessed. Now his cry will be SYLVIEEEEEEEEEEE-SAAAAAN.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-06-11 at 14:25.
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 14:48   Link #153
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Anyone else confused when Amata said "I was afraid to go after the one I love" or something to that effect? Has he not been egging for Mikono this entire time? Didn't he go to Altair because he was going after the one he loved?
He's probably afraid that Mikono might have chosen Kagura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I also don't understand how everyone can hate Mykage so easily yet they instantly forgive Izumo.
Mykage is behind everything. Besides he is doing it for he's own needs. Izumo on the other hand is doing it for the future of Altair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Izumo may not have wanted to take Alicia to Altair but he still attacked Vega and willingly kidnapped countless other woman only to erase their memories after they turned into men than making them his soldiers.
Emotional torment. I don't think its easy for anyone to accept sex change without ones approval. Its devastating for a woman to live as a man. Its better to make them forget than live in in confusion. Its like "hey, I just became a man. Oh well, Izumo , please bring me back to Vega to my husband and kids."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Lets also not forget his rough treatment of Kagura and his totally screwed up treatment of Amata.
Hmm... does he knew that Amata as he's son or its just until recently? Personally I'm not sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Alicia may have had noble intentions but like she said she had Amata. Her responsibility was to him first, he was entirely dependent upon her and unlike Altair's state, which was its own fault in a way, he had done nothing wrong. Yet even though she was a rich actress she couldn't have even bothered to have a guardian set up for him after agreeing to go with her lover? She left him traumitized and alone to live on the streets while being treated like **** by others because of his wings. I don't care what they try and say or do, what she did was wrong but it was worse fo Amata to so easily forgive her despite all the BS she put him through.
My answer is on my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Mikono has shown far more interest in him and just like Zessica its a wasted opportunity and wasted time that should have been spent on Amata and Mikono since they are the ones they're pushing for as End Game.
I don't know but she mentions "Amata's name" while they are being attacked by Izumo. It seems she still needs him....


Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-11 at 15:10.
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 17:42   Link #154
Candyshark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
It's ridicilous how few episodes can drag what I considered a funny sexual innuendo show into a complete circus a few. Way to ruin some characters must be inspired by CLAMP.
Candyshark is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 17:56   Link #155
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Anyone else confused when Amata said "I was afraid to go after the one I love" or something to that effect? Has he not been egging for Mikono this entire time? Didn't he go to Altair because he was going after the one he loved? It this yet another retcon to try and make him understand his horrible mother?
He was referring to his mother. She left him in the graveyard "going after her love" unlike him who in that same moment couldn't follow her (mother) to Altair.
A beautifully absurd reason to forgive your mother who abandoned you in a graveyard


Ahh, Alisia Alisia, why they gave you that beautiful voice ... anyways I'm amazed and amused by the total non-sense of all the Alisia / Izumo story. As already mentioned I guess (beause I didn't read all the prev posts), basically Alisia left Amata for her lover that was by chance also his father. They abandoned him. Izumo apparently knew about that. And even if there were probably good reasons having done that in another universe, the way the show portayed it looks completely wrong. If I think about it I can't stop laughing Adding to that an intense closure episode for them and for the poor Amata, that makes the whole thing even more absurd.
In the end Alisia told Amata to keep loving the girl she love as they have done... mmm nice advice mum. As he hasn't kept doing that from episode one With the advice Alisia seemed to imply even that he had to follow the same path his parents had, like their path was worthy to be followed. And looking at the parents end we could assume that if they keep loving each other, Mikono will be killed by Mykage/Zessica and Amata by Kagura in the end. And I don't know why but I think that all the Mikono / Amata haters would revalue the show instantly
Well, anyways after the middle episodes finally I'm enjoying the show again.
At this point it is really hard to even think at how it will end. And we still have the mourning marriage vision to arrange.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 18:02   Link #156
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
In the end Alisia told Amata to keep loving the girl she love as they have done... mmm nice advice mum.
.....guess my mom approves of Mikono, hah!!!
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 18:06   Link #157
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
In the end Alisia told Amata to keep loving the girl she love as they have done... mmm nice advice mum. As he hasn't kept doing that from episode one With the advice Alisia seemed to imply even that he had to follow the same path his parents had, like their path was worthy to be followed. And looking at the parents end we could assume that if they keep loving each other, Mikono will be killed by Mykage/Zessica and Amata by Kagura in the end. And I don't know why but I think that all the Mikono / Amata haters would revalue the show instantly
Well, anyways after the middle episodes finally I'm enjoying the show again.
At this point it is really hard to even think at how it will end. And we still have the mourning marriage vision to arrange.
All couples (or part of them) die end because of their terrible soap opera. Mykage laughs himself silly and Zen sighs while turning to Crea (and the audience) saying: "This is why I said that love was forbidden."

Curtains fall.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 18:56   Link #158
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
yeah, i think rushed is a good way to describe this ep.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 19:06   Link #159
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
All couples (or part of them) die end because of their terrible soap opera. Mykage laughs himself silly and Zen sighs while turning to Crea (and the audience) saying: "This is why I said that love was forbidden."

Curtains fall.
Beautiful. It should end like this. In aquarion love is forbidden. As well as making stupid promises.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-06-11 at 20:33.
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 19:24   Link #160
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
"This is why I said that love was forbidden."
Did they ever tell us why Kagura and Mikono were the Forbidden Lovers? Or why Fudo was such a cockblock with Amata and Mikono, and no one else?
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.