AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-28, 12:29   Link #7521
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finchley, London
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Yamiken Send a message via Skype™ to Yamiken
Lelouch x Milly needs more love as a pairing, it has to be said. Actually, Milly just needs more love in general. I mean, come on, she's a blonde-haired, teenaged, licentious and has big boobs. WHY DOES THIS GIRL NOT HAVE MORE FANS?

... oh, right. Because Kallen has bigger boobs and more guys prefer awkward girls than pervy girls for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Euphie is his relative, that would be incest.
... your point?

Last edited by Yamiken; 2012-05-28 at 12:30. Reason: Added response to Destined_Fate.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:31   Link #7522
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Kallen isn't an awkward girl, she's an action girl which lends her a great deal of popularity.

Incest is wrong and even with Lelouch being messed up in the head he wouldn't go that far as banging his own relatives. If that was the case he would have bent Nunnally over ages ago.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:38   Link #7523
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
AH! You forgot ROLO!
How dare you!
He has his own damn harem with Nunnally, Anya, Kaguya, The Chinese chick, and the EU girl from the Kiseki no Birthday drama.
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:39   Link #7524
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finchley, London
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Yamiken Send a message via Skype™ to Yamiken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Kallen isn't an awkward girl, she's an action girl which lends her a great deal of popularity.
Well, "awkward" was perhaps the wrong word. What I meant was that she's not forward sexually, tending instead to get embarrassed in such situations. Which, like I say, is something a lot of guys, particularly among anime fans, seem to prefer to its converse for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Kallen here. I like her, and she certainly has her place in the great Lelouch harem. I'm just having a slight whinge about Milly's lack of popularity in comparison, as I feel she's under-appreciated, even if she is a more minor character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Incest is wrong and even with Lelouch being messed up in the head he wouldn't go that far as banging his own relatives. If that was the case he would have bent Nunnally over ages ago.
Well, according to a certain portion of the fandom, that's exactly what he did... :P

On a more serious note, I personally don't see incest as a moral taboo. Which isn't to say I'm attracted to any of my own relatives (I'm not, let me assure you), but I think if someone is, there's no good reason to tell them they can't go there, so long as the usual constrains of consent and so forth are applied.

In short, Lelouch x Euphie is a-okay with me. And even, dare I say it, semi-canonical. Certainly, Lelouch's final words to her (in his head, at least) were... ambiguous to say the last. But I'm not the sort to get involved in debates on 'canon', as you may hopefully have gathered, so I certainly won't press this point to those who disagree with it.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:44   Link #7525
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
Lelouch x Milly needs more love as a pairing, it has to be said. Actually, Milly just needs more love in general. I mean, come on, she's a blonde-haired, teenaged, licentious and has big boobs. WHY DOES THIS GIRL NOT HAVE MORE FANS?
I know right.
Milley is practically drooling over Lelouch and he's like...meh...where's Suzaku?

Quote:
... oh, right. Because Kallen has bigger boobs and more guys prefer awkward girls than pervy girls for some reason.
That reminds me of the short story in Newtype magazine where Lelouch describes Kallen as being "crab-headed."
The story was written by Okouchi, so it is official.
And the Kallen part is a pick-on of her fans.
Very funny.
It also describes Lelouch's "funny feelings" for Shirley, obviously meaning he loves her.
It's also interesting that the story is Lelouch telling CC this very personal dream he had.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:46   Link #7526
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
He has his own damn harem with Nunnally, Anya, Kaguya, The Chinese chick, and the EU girl from the Kiseki no Birthday drama.
Awesome!
I love it, Rolo x Loli-harem, that's the best Roloko.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:51   Link #7527
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Awesome!
I love it, Rolo x Loli-harem, that's the best Roloko.
Lelouch has sexy/busty women while Rolo gets the lolis.

Suzaku is Lelouch's Sonohara while Gino is Rolo's. So its a happy end for everyone.
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 13:49   Link #7528
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
Well, "awkward" was perhaps the wrong word. What I meant was that she's not forward sexually, tending instead to get embarrassed in such situations. Which, like I say, is something a lot of guys, particularly among anime fans, seem to prefer to its converse for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Kallen here. I like her, and she certainly has her place in the great Lelouch harem. I'm just having a slight whinge about Milly's lack of popularity in comparison, as I feel she's under-appreciated, even if she is a more minor character.



Well, according to a certain portion of the fandom, that's exactly what he did... :P

On a more serious note, I personally don't see incest as a moral taboo. Which isn't to say I'm attracted to any of my own relatives (I'm not, let me assure you), but I think if someone is, there's no good reason to tell them they can't go there, so long as the usual constrains of consent and so forth are applied.

In short, Lelouch x Euphie is a-okay with me. And even, dare I say it, semi-canonical. Certainly, Lelouch's final words to her (in his head, at least) were... ambiguous to say the last. But I'm not the sort to get involved in debates on 'canon', as you may hopefully have gathered, so I certainly won't press this point to those who disagree with it.
Not much of a harem when you consider how everything turned out.

That's just fanfiction, I saw nothing of it other than him careing for her because they grew up together and she had a good heart. Euphie geniuelly wanted to make the same world that Lelouch wanted to make for Nunnally and they would have succeeded had his geass not gone out of control. Even Schniezel was willing to let Euphie have a chance at making that world possible and her death it effected everyone that knew her and made everything go down a spiral of sadness and hate.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 13:57   Link #7529
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Milly is the bustiest character in CG. Only Marianne rivals her.

C. C. and Lelouch shared the most secrets because she was the one who gave Lelouch Geass. Kallen he'd spent too much time keeping his identity a secret from in season 1. By the time she and Lelouch became closer, Kallen was captured. (The only reason he didn't go for her sooner was because he didn't want to jeopardize the mission or her life; he apologized afterwards.) They were only able to have a heart to heart right after that, and before the betrayal.

There were just too many things getting in the way for Lelouch in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Not much of a harem when you consider how everything turned out.

That's just fanfiction, I saw nothing of it other than him careing for her because they grew up together and she had a good heart. Euphie geniuelly wanted to make the same world that Lelouch wanted to make for Nunnally and they would have succeeded had his geass not gone out of control. Even Schniezel was willing to let Euphie have a chance at making that world possible and her death it effected everyone that knew her and made everything go down a spiral of sadness and hate.
Schneizel let SAZ happen because he knew he could use it to his own advantage.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 14:10   Link #7530
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finchley, London
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Yamiken Send a message via Skype™ to Yamiken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Not much of a harem when you consider how everything turned out.

That's just fanfiction, I saw nothing of it other than him careing for her because they grew up together and she had a good heart. Euphie geniuelly wanted to make the same world that Lelouch wanted to make for Nunnally and they would have succeeded had his geass not gone out of control. Even Schniezel was willing to let Euphie have a chance at making that world possible and her death it effected everyone that knew her and made everything go down a spiral of sadness and hate.
Of course the harem isn't canon. I'm just saying, if I'm going to get into shipping of any kind, which by its very nature tends to at best view canon rather selectively, I like the idea of Lelouch getting it on with everyone. Because, hell, they're all into him, so why restrict the fun? :P

Like I say, I'm not going to get caught up debating what's 'canon' and what isn't. Canonically, all relationships in Code Geass are at best able to be doubted. But I don't see why that matters. If a pairing appeals you to, and you can see a way to make it work, why does it matter if someone else views things differently? Just let your own fantasies remain your own and others' own remain their own.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 19:36   Link #7531
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Haha. On the other hand, things like
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That reminds me of the short story in Newtype magazine where Lelouch describes Kallen as being "crab-headed."
The story was written by Okouchi, so it is official.
And the Kallen part is a pick-on of her fans.
Very funny.
It also describes Lelouch's "funny feelings" for Shirley, obviously meaning he loves her.
It's also interesting that the story is Lelouch telling CC this very personal dream he had.
demonstrate how Lelouch x Shirley was the single Lelouch/Code Geass pairing which carried the most literary intention/narrative significance/meaning. Identifying Lelouch's personal dream as a simple life of happiness with his friends and loved ones, as well as Lelouch's unwavering readiness to sacrifice himself for the sake of those simple dreams/happiness for others--the roots of Lelouch's growth and development can all be traced back to Shirley above all. For Lelouch, the person who taught him to value people's dreams and happiness was Shirley--but furthermore, the person who embodied Lelouch's own dream and personal happiness of his "gentle life" at Ashford, was also Shirley herself.

From my perspective, it's alright if fanbases at large go on and circlejerk over Kallen x Lelouch or C.C. x Lelouch or Harem x Lelouch or whatever. However, they manage to do so solely on the basis of popularity, lol. As far as the matter of literary merit and the intention of narrative significance Okouchi put into the series is concerned, let me submit that, of all the romantic relationships thrown into the series, Lelouch x Shirley stands above all.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 19:42   Link #7532
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Haha. On the other hand, things like

demonstrate how Lelouch x Shirley was the single Lelouch/Code Geass pairing which carried the most literary intention/narrative significance/meaning. Identifying Lelouch's personal dream as a simple life of happiness with his friends and loved ones, as well as Lelouch's unwavering readiness to sacrifice himself for the sake of those simple dreams/happiness for others--the roots of Lelouch's growth and development can all be traced back to Shirley above all. For Lelouch, the person who taught him to value people's dreams and happiness was Shirley--but furthermore, the person who embodied Lelouch's own dream and personal happiness of his "gentle life" at Ashford, was also Shirley herself.

From my perspective, it's alright if fanbases at large go on and circlejerk over Kallen x Lelouch or C.C. x Lelouch or Harem x Lelouch or whatever. However, they manage to do so solely on the basis of popularity, lol. As far as the matter of literary merit and the intention of narrative significance Okouchi put into the series is concerned, let me submit that, of all the romantic relationships thrown into the series, Lelouch x Shirley stands above all.
I'll make this short.
In the end Lelouch x Shirley is the only pairing after Lelouch dies since he is after all in C's world and so is she.
So in that Sol you and the other Shirlulu's can take heart because you won the shipping war hands down.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 19:44   Link #7533
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
Of course the harem isn't canon. I'm just saying, if I'm going to get into shipping of any kind, which by its very nature tends to at best view canon rather selectively, I like the idea of Lelouch getting it on with everyone. Because, hell, they're all into him, so why restrict the fun? :P

Like I say, I'm not going to get caught up debating what's 'canon' and what isn't. Canonically, all relationships in Code Geass are at best able to be doubted. But I don't see why that matters. If a pairing appeals you to, and you can see a way to make it work, why does it matter if someone else views things differently? Just let your own fantasies remain your own and others' own remain their own.
No, there was a harem in the making it was just never realized because circumstance got in the way of it. As for why? Because some things just don't fit the character. Like if some says that Gino and Suzaku were lovers and lived happily ever after when R2 finished they would be wrong no matter how much they want it to be true.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 02:52   Link #7534
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That reminds me of the short story in Newtype magazine where Lelouch describes Kallen as being "crab-headed."
The story was written by Okouchi, so it is official.
And the Kallen part is a pick-on of her fans.
Very funny.
It also describes Lelouch's "funny feelings" for Shirley, obviously meaning he loves her.
It's also interesting that the story is Lelouch telling CC this very personal dream he had.
lovely for a side material...

what a lovely dream world without CC... This could have been his world if there is no war, no geass, no political thingy ever....
what a peaceful world.....
Well who is the newtype writer???
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:23   Link #7535
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
Lelouch x Milly needs more love as a pairing, it has to be said. Actually, Milly just needs more love in general. I mean, come on, she's a blonde-haired, teenaged, licentious and has big boobs. WHY DOES THIS GIRL NOT HAVE MORE FANS?

I'm just having a slight whinge about Milly's lack of popularity in comparison, as I feel she's under-appreciated, even if she is a more minor character.
The problem with Milly Ashford stems from the fact that she had no development at all from where Season One of Code Geass left off. Especially since the producers had to adjust the second season in a way that was near identical to season one on a global scale as a way of serving a dual purpose of making the story assessable to the views who had not watch the first season of the show while forwarding the story towards the Zero Requiem.

This meant that the minor characters like Milly never had the chance to become a major character since her family protected Lelouch and Nunnally. You would think that the Ashfords who have had an important role in the story as much as Kallen's father might have? But those potential ideas were scrapped when the show was switched to a Sunday 5PM timeslot from its late night schedule.

Take a good look at Season Two and compare it with Season One and you will find that nothing has actually changed when you compare the micro(Japan) aspect of the story of Season One in contrast to Season Two which was macro(global). Besides the Zero Requiem, the episodes of Code Geass R2 was simply a retelling of events that already happened in the first season but was reworked into a global event as a way of progressing the story.

This is the reason why we never saw a continued development of Milly x Lelouch's relationship with each other from where the first season had left off as it was almost non-existant in the second season due to the changes that was made to Code Geass R2.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:37   Link #7536
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That was their intent... Intitially I hated the school antics with Lelouch's fate at the end of eason 1 as a reason why they went back to the school setting. Would have prefered a spent more time out of school, and Lelouch not worrying about the same problems as Season 1, and more on global affairs and battling Britiannia. A pity that we weren't given more info on C.C.'s past(Or her name) and Geass in general but I guess they're saving that for something else. At least Kallen got some good development even though R2 was pretty much R1 only in a somewhat larger scale... Well, not really since they only went to China but you get the point.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 13:38   Link #7537
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That was their intent... Intitially I hated the school antics with Lelouch's fate at the end of eason 1 as a reason why they went back to the school setting. Would have prefered a spent more time out of school, and Lelouch not worrying about the same problems as Season 1, and more on global affairs and battling Britiannia. A pity that we weren't given more info on C.C.'s past(Or her name) and Geass in general but I guess they're saving that for something else. At least Kallen got some good development even though R2 was pretty much R1 only in a somewhat larger scale... Well, not really since they only went to China but you get the point.
You could view the Chinese Federation of Code Grass R2 as being The Japan Liberation Front of Season One when Lelouch was trying to incorporate them into The Black Knights which could be viewed as the UFN. So this is as follows:

Chinese Federation= The Japan Liberation Front
The UFN= The Black Knights
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 16:25   Link #7538
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Which is a shame... Well, I guess they wanted to keep the origins of C.C. and Geass a secret so they can use her for spin-offs and the such. I wonder how the fanbase would feel if they had C.C. get close to a new Main Character, most tend to forget that she's been around for a while and has had past lovers before with all being dead but Mao by the time of R1.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:31   Link #7539
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Hmm.... There is 1 spin off right now the Renya of the dark, and CC is very cold there. It wasn't implied yet if she has romantic feelings of sort for the guy. But it is very clear CC wanted to remove the Code, but fails giving Renya a geass but a curse. And there is a Lelouch looking guy (which fans implied as Lelouch ancestor) that could possibly be Lelouch past incarnation. Remember episode 1. Whether it was task by Marianne or not CC says there "I finally found you" that implies she finally found someone who can receive geass. The last person she gave Geass back then was Marianne (before going to China and meet Mao) but code cannot be transferred to her coz the geass can only activate on her death. While Mao, for CC he was a failure and thus not worthy of receiving the Code thats why she left him. CC has her own mind she doesnt follow orders.

well this is CC's script while giving Lelouch Geass...



and Have you notice this line?

there is high possibility that maybe there is a Lelouch from a different source( family, country), a different time and a different life(background).
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 06:15   Link #7540
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Well, to be fair she didn't abandon Mao right away and even said that she willingly acted as his parent, lover, and his everything for a time. Sorta of like how she ended up filling a similiar role for Lelouch in a matter of speaking. Though I don't think her interpetation of ove is the same that others see it since she has had many lovers over her long life and has seen them all eventually die. It must be a sad existence for her since even after finding Lelouch she's still cursed and still saw another "child, lover, the object that she served as their everything" die in the end.

I don't think that is supposed t mean anything. She's just reinforceing that by accepting her contract he was going to be human but "Not" human. His life was going to be changed drastically by agreeing to her terms and accepting Geass which only leads down the road of sadness for him and those close to him. Though at least Lelouch was able to show C.C. that Geass, even if it would end in sadness, could still be used for something bigger than just himself even if he isn't around to see the fruits of his labors.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.