AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-17, 21:10   Link #81
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
But the audience has justification for this too: 25 episodes of indecision over two guys who are literally destroying the world while fighting over her. Its a writing thing but, with how everything centers on her character, its not surprising to have the audience dislike Mikono.
People can definitely dislike her, but harlot is not an accurate or deserved term for Mikono. It means a prostitute or a promiscuous person. Neither of which Mikono is, so saying she deserves it would just be character bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Great points. I can see Amata/Kagura/Amagura/Kamata and Mikono getting together, Zessica living, they pretty much resolved the Andy and Mix situation, now hopefully they don't kill off Cayenne or Yunoha or Malloy. But personally the reincarnation cycle has to end. To do that they would have to kill off Apollonius and Touma and not have Pollon and Celiane, since they are smack dab in the middle of it too, get together or the whole thing is just gonna repeat itself.

What do you think? Personally the only way I can see a true end to this series is that they end the cycle.
If Amata and Kagura merge after all this time of hating each other, it'll be a bit weird...but I suppose it could happen, and it would save Kagura from being killed off. (If he lives and stays separate, is he really going to ever back off? Probably not.) As for the rest, it would be great if they all lived.

The cycle definitely needs to end for the series to get a real conclusion. But at this point, I'm at a loss for how anyone is going to quell Mykage's rage. I think a sparkly deus ex machina would be needed for that by now. If it's suitably flashy and ridiculous, in Aquarion style, it might just work.

Aside from that, I vote for Fudo suggesting relationship counseling for him and Mykage. It is going to be very silly if they fly away into the sunset together, happily. They could promise not to get other people involved in their squabbles next time.
GoldenLand is offline  
Old 2012-06-17, 21:21   Link #82
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
If Amata and Kagura merge after all this time of hating each other, it'll be a bit weird...but I suppose it could happen, and it would save Kagura from being killed off. (If he lives and stays separate, is he really going to ever back off? Probably not.) As for the rest, it would be great if they all lived.

The cycle definitely needs to end for the series to get a real conclusion. But at this point, I'm at a loss for how anyone is going to quell Mykage's rage. I think a sparkly deus ex machina would be needed for that by now. If it's suitably flashy and ridiculous, in Aquarion style, it might just work.

Aside from that, I vote for Fudo suggesting relationship counseling for him and Mykage. It is going to be very silly if they fly away into the sunset together, happily.
You're not alone on that deus ex machina theory. As for Fudo and Mykage. Have them sacrifice themselves for the sake of everyone. That way Mykage gets his man, Fudo ends the cycle, there you go
KleenexGhost is offline  
Old 2012-06-17, 21:35   Link #83
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
You're not alone on that deus ex machina theory. As for Fudo and Mykage. Have them sacrifice themselves for the sake of everyone. That way Mykage gets his man, Fudo ends the cycle, there you go
So, something like Fudo offering Mykage his life/death? That could work.

Fudo did disappear in this ep and is presumably off to the site of the fight, so he must have something in mind.

Option A! He'll possess Mikono so that we have a matching pair of angel-possessed young ladies and then have a big ol' mecha fight to settle things once and for all.

...It's not very likely, but it would be fun.

Option B! He goes to give Mikono cryptic hints about doughnuts. How useful.

Option C! He offers Mykage his life, and Mykage gratefully accepts. It could work. I'm sure that Mykage would be okay with killing him or getting back together, whichever is the most likely option.
GoldenLand is offline  
Old 2012-06-17, 21:38   Link #84
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
So, something like Fudo offering Mykage his life/death? That could work.

Fudo did disappear in this ep and is presumably off to the site of the fight, so he must have something in mind.

Option A! He'll possess Mikono so that we have a matching pair of angel-possessed young ladies and then have a big ol' mecha fight to settle things once and for all.

...It's not very likely, but it would be fun.

Option B! He goes to give Mikono cryptic hints about doughnuts. How useful.

Option C! He offers Mykage his life, and Mykage gratefully accepts. It could work. I'm sure that Mykage would be okay with killing him or getting back together, whichever is the most likely option.
Hopefully it doesn't end up killing Zessica. Option C would be the best way to resolve it. But Option A would kick the most ass.
KleenexGhost is offline  
Old 2012-06-17, 21:48   Link #85
mixordia
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Apollonius (FUDO) might be angry about losing Celiane for your pet dog...
mixordia is offline  
Old 2012-06-17, 22:10   Link #86
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's such a shame that the overall setup for this episode wasn't better. And it's such a shame that Amata X Mikono has been hurt so much during the second half of Aquarion EVOL.

If not for these two factors, this would have been an absolutely fantastic episode. This intensely-gripping, action-packed, heavy-drama, highly-theatrical, colorfully-flashy style is exactly what I love seeing in anime. And Aquarion EVOL Episode 25 delivered that in such spectacular flying colors.

I'll even say that if Zessica somehow gets out of this alive, there's worse roles than being the shape and form (and occasional voice) of the glorious main antagonist during the epic final act. Mykage is such an awesome villain.

And I actually can finally kind of get what they're going for with Amata vs. Kagura. Kagura doesn't love Mikono, he loves Sylvie. Amata doesn't love Sylvia, he loves Mikono. That does make a difference. The theme of this anime isn't "Fight fate, rah rah rah!". I think that the theme of this anime is that fate isn't what should drive your actions, one way or another; what should drive your actions is the here and now, your honest feelings, being true to yourself, within the context of seeing others as they truly are. It may be a bit hokey, but that's the theme I think.


But... Amata's honestly well-stated bit about why he loves Mikono should have happened a long time ago (as it is, it's almost like Kawamori has assigned Amata the role of 4th-wall breaking damage control ) . Mikono has spent too much time being pushed around by the plot, and so seeing that again in this episode is a bit much. With better setup, this would have been a magnificent episode. But as is, it's very hard for me to really get emotionally invested in Amata's fight for Mikono.


As for the rest of the cast, I have no complaints. Andy/MIX couldn't have been handled better, really.

I'm going to wait to see the final episode before rating this one, and Episode 24.

I'll be honest - for me, a lot is riding on how things turn out for Zessica. If Zessica gets a decent ending then I'll excuse the really sloppy setup. Otherwise, I probably won't be able to.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-06-17, 23:10   Link #87
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Great points. I can see Amata/Kagura/Amagura/Kamata and Mikono getting together, Zessica living, they pretty much resolved the Andy and Mix situation, now hopefully they don't kill off Cayenne or Yunoha or Malloy. But personally the reincarnation cycle has to end. To do that they would have to kill off Apollonius and Touma and not have Pollon and Celiane, since they are smack dab in the middle of it too, get together or the whole thing is just gonna repeat itself.

What do you think? Personally the only way I can see a true end to this series is that they end the cycle.

True, but this entire series is built on never letting things from previous lifetimes, be them relationships or grudges, end.
Amata/Kagurea/Amagura getting with Mikono at the end of EVOL would be a very bad ending. Better off killing them all than getting such a horrible ending as that.

picture it now...

Son: Dad! How'd you and mother get together?
Amata: Well... I had to beat the crap out of my other self. It's a lot harder than it sounds, trust me.
Son: Other self?
Amata: Yeah, basically he was ripped out of me by a gay angel after my mother abandoned me to years of discimination and mistreatment on the streets.
Son: O...kay?
Amata: Anyway, I soon resolved to accept my destiny of being with your mother by fighting my destiny to be with your mother.
Son: But that doesn't...
Amata: Shush. After that I got into an intense brawl with my other self and we argued over who was more deserving of the destiny of being with your mother. Or something, most of it draws a blank now that I think about it.
Son: That's just weird... What did mother say?
Amata: She kept saying stop fighting or something, neither of us really paid her much attention since we were too busy trying to prove the other wrong which is way more important than anything your mother ever says anyway.
Son: That doesn't sound like love...
Amata: Well you have to remember that I'm the reincarnation of a Dog. Which means it's perfectly okay for my other self and I to beat each other up to see who was most worthy of mateing with your mother and making her our wench.
Son: Our?
Amata: Oh? Yo didn't know? Your mother really sucks at choosing anything, why do you think she takes so long in picking what to wear in the morning! Anyway, she couldn't choose so she merged my other self back into me so that means that she's our wench and she got the best of both worlds!
Son: ...
Amata: Something the matter son?
Son: So... I'm a Dog too?
Amata: No, silly! You're actually the reincarnation of a flower! In fact I think you were one of those flowers that gay angel used to try and kill me with!
Son: O_O
Amata: I'm kidding. Though if you can't learn to take a joke I'll drop you faster than I dropped that grass chick.
Son: Grass chick?
Amata: Yeah... Turns out she didn't have a name, I think though I don't really remember her all that much anyway, and I totally killed her so I could have your mother all to myself.
Son: What did she do to deserve that?
Amata: For loving me more than your mother loved me.
Son: Uhhh...
Amata: So keep that in mind when you're getting me something for Father's Day, okay?
Son: =(

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-17 at 23:25.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-17, 23:13   Link #88
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Ah... so Apollonius is Fudo!

Anyway, the Andy x Mix Reunion again took the scene... the hugging is so touching!!! Andy you're the man!!! Mix is showing her cuteness again... I hope Mix returns to normal so Andy fill her hole...

Oh, Mikono... where were you again?
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 00:44   Link #89
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Ah... so Apollonius is Fudo!
Lol It wasn't just Touma that got trolled but Sophia also.

Sophia thought Fudo was the third pilot. But which pilot? Fudo always having the answers was Apollonius all along. Or at least a part of him that lived for 24,000 years.

His soul was in Aquarion but his heart and body disappeared when Scorpius stabbed him.

Mykage thinks Touma was tricked twice... Actually three times as Fudo was aware of the parallel universe. Which is why he ripped pages about Scorpius from the book so Touma won't trick him again in his present incarnation Reika. Reika already suffering her own curse. Reincarnating from the OVA universe with Apollo and Silvia.

Course being pretty big in free will he tried to warn a bit Sirius about his flaws but still Touma tricked him like Scorpius.

This time the victim was Zessica and Kagura.

Course Crea/Rena who has been watching him this 24,000 years in two universes starts calling him out.

Thus I present this updated theory. Aquarion is the Soul, Fudo is the Heart, Crea/Rena is the Body.

You see Apollinius fell in love with Celiane but Silvia and Sirius aren't Celiane anymore. Fudo can't go after Silvia as he would be a pedo and it would be incest. Silvia calls him Ero-Oyaji probably because she subconsciously sense that in Fudo. Sophia fell for Fudo but he didn't act on it. Probably with good reason as it complicate matters. Silvia was too bratty and brocon. Fudo has a fetish for mature short haired women.

Crea/Rena has the Body because she has vampire characteristics, visions, teleportation, and she reads the Book of Genesis. Like Fudo she became her own being. She liked Apollo as he reminded her of Pollon. She also liked in the present Shrade. Unlike Fudo she actually joins the fight and empathize with the Aquarion pilots. While Fudo stops himself from doing anything overt. Hence calling him out on it.


On Mykage being a god so that was what Touma was attempting to do in the OVA! He at least got it to work in the TV universe. But he reappeared in the OVA universe of Altair.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 00:59   Link #90
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
" i don't even care if you're a man or a woman!!"
"lets perform a union!!"
*bursts out laughing*
who ever wrote that should win a freaking award, priceless
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 01:10   Link #91
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
" i don't even care if you're a man or a woman!!"
"lets perform a union!!"
*bursts out laughing*
who ever wrote that should win a freaking award, priceless
Did you guys see how delighted Sazanka and the girls were? Heck even Bag-tan.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 01:12   Link #92
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
" i don't even care if you're a man or a woman!!"
"lets perform a union!!"
*bursts out laughing*
who ever wrote that should win a freaking award, priceless
You forgot Cayenne's and Malloy's follow up reaction.

"You guys are gonna Union right here?!"
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 01:19   Link #93
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
The side characters at least gave us a laugh and got our mind off the train that left the tracks.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 01:22   Link #94
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Dark Aquarion so cool
Bombo is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 01:37   Link #95
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Mikono, Amata and Kagura are just pawns to get what Mykage wants (so is Zessica's suffering). That's the end of their importance of their love story: a shallow plot device. That's why their battle was irrelevant since the beginning. They all did what he wanted.

EVOL is all about Mykage's epic butthurt. That explains why he's the only focus character who isn't badly written.
You're right.

Thanks to you I feel a little better about the show. If them acting full retard over Mikono is just Mykage's keikakku it's better than to think we're supposed to root for that horribly written romance.

BTW I just noticed Mykage's voice actor did also play Takaya Abe, it makes me love the gayngel even more.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 01:56   Link #96
zero7090
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
So the overall story is Mykage raging about getting trolled?
no it is to teach the consequence of trolling so you should never troll people again.

See how fudo troll then touma cough *black* blood which give birth to Mikage, then we have Mikage destroy the whold 2 planets.
Now the only way to solve the trainwreck that i can think of is Zess secretly takes back her body then guide amata to mikono while act like the bad guy. In the end she lose intentionally to the ally of justice. and prince and princess live happy forever.


btw: i foresee an untold story. 12000 years ago, Apollonius know if he become the main char he will have to sacrifice himself yet he wont get the pussy. So he trolled his own pet. Then after the whole things, he told Silve that you must have a descendant so that in the next 12000 years, she can meet apollon again. And GET. Apollonius achieve the pussy and live happy forever.
zero7090 is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 02:01   Link #97
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Something that I would like to see at the end :

Mikono dumping both Kagura and Amata, both obssessed retards killing themselve out of despair.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 02:16   Link #98
SABER60069
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Personally I like to see the opposite Amata and Kagura fusing together and is about to get together with Mikono and then suddenly in the last few seconds he dumps her and gets with Zessica

Too bad they will never do it.
SABER60069 is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 02:20   Link #99
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
Personally I like to see the opposite Amata and Kagura fusing together and is about to get together with Mikono and then suddenly in the last few seconds he dumps her and gets with Zessica

Too bad they will never do it.
Mikono wouldn't care that much though.

Her being only midly interested has been less annoying to me than the 2 creepy suitors who treat her as nothing but a trophy to fight over and are unable to even thinking of letting go.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-06-18, 02:21   Link #100
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Eh, that sounds better than the kill Zessica and let Amata and Mikono get together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
no it is to teach the consequence of trolling so you should never troll people again.

See how fudo troll then touma cough *black* blood which give birth to Mikage, then we have Mikage destroy the whold 2 planets.
Now the only way to solve the trainwreck that i can think of is Zess secretly takes back her body then guide amata to mikono while act like the bad guy. In the end she lose intentionally to the ally of justice. and prince and princess live happy forever.


btw: i foresee an untold story. 12000 years ago, Apollonius know if he become the main char he will have to sacrifice himself yet he wont get the pussy. So he trolled his own pet. Then after the whole things, he told Silve that you must have a descendant so that in the next 12000 years, she can meet apollon again. And GET. Apollonius achieve the pussy and live happy forever.
What the heck is with some of you saying "Kill Zessica, than let Amata and Mikono make babies over her corpse". That's just a horrible ending right there and sounds just like the trolling that the writers have been doing to viewers. And when has Amata ever been an Ally of Justice? He isn't piloting to save the world, he's piloting to get into Mikono's skirt.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.