AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-17, 23:39   Link #3481
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
-Kira killed Rau with the beam saber.
An armless Providence.

Quote:
-Kira took out Saviour with beam sabers
While Cagalli is crying.
Another "Kira used SEED mode while X didn't" Scenario.

Quote:
-Kira took out Neo Roanoke with beam sabers
Actually, he took Neo out by shooting him.

Quote:
-Kira destroyed the Destroy (Stellar) with beam sabers
Before Shinn arrived, he wasn't doing anything or even damaging the Destroy. Heck, Stella managed to block one of Kira's beam saber swing when she went insane after he took down Neo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I guess you are trying to say that it was unfair?
Err... That sounds kinda childish, no offense.

Quote:
... Well, it's perfectly fair because it was a battle, not a duel. Everything is permitted. The fact that Kira can activate SEED mode at will and the fact that Shinn can't is not Kira's problem.
It doesn't matter if it's unfair or not, the point is that Shinn wasn't fighting at his fullest yet.

Quote:
The fact that Kira was distracted by archangel and didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot is his own problem.
Kira does kill, Rau among others. He also sliced a Federation ship in half with METEOR. Just because He doesn't want to kill doesn't mean he isn't doing everything in his power to protect the Arch Angel or Orb. It would be stupid to claim that he always held back in a situation that could endanger those he cares about or millions of lives.

Kira does melee but he isn't exactly the best, flashy tricks aside.

Joking aside, this is a terrible discussion.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:42   Link #3482
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
No need for the backhanded remarks. Besides, I'm not here to convince anyone since I know what happened and how they purposely set up Kira as the Ranged champ with melee being his weak point, Athrun as the Melee champ with ranged being his weak point, and Shinn being a heavy jack of all trades guy.

Ranged - Kira > Shinn > Athrun
Melee - Athrun > Shinn > Kira

Ranged - Strike Freedom > Destiny > Infinite Justice
Melee - Infinite Justice > Destiny > Strike Freedom
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:44   Link #3483
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Which still completely ignores the fact that Kira's done better at melee than both Shinn and Athrun.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:45   Link #3484
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Ugh, there's no talking sense with you. I'll just leave it at that than since you're adamant that Kira is a God that's better than everyone at everything.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:47   Link #3485
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If that's what you want, then fine. But keep in mind that until you provide proof of your claims, such as when Athrun definitively beat Kira, not a single person that's participated here will believe what you say.
Nice closure there, Rising Dragon .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:51   Link #3486
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Ugh, there's no talking sense with you. I'll just leave it at that than since you're adamant that Kira is a God that's better than everyone at everything.
I have not once said anything of the like. I have not said Athrun or Shinn were terrible pilots, they are both remarkably good pilots. I am merely asserting that Kira's skills in one particular aspect of combat are not deficient or lower than certain other pilots when the evidence points to the case that he is not, as you are claiming.

While I will respect your desire not to continue the actual debate with me, I will not stand idly by while you make unsupported assertions when everything else suggests otherwise.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:06   Link #3487
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I could say the same of you as well. That's why this conversation should end now since we're at an impasse.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:11   Link #3488
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
well kira was engineered to be the perfect co-ordinator still that last battle was so one sided kira and athrun just showed up and kicked everyones arses which sucks since i just watched 40+ eps focusing on the minerva, archangel just shows up and steals the show.....
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 01:35   Link #3489
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Dare I say that the change of tone in the music used as the series progressed didn't help at all?

I noticed how it was all suspense and military-ish at the early stages and when it's just Shinn and the Minerva team then it became all choir-y and heroic when Archangel's team show up.
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 01:38   Link #3490
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
well kira was engineered to be the perfect co-ordinator still that last battle was so one sided kira and athrun just showed up and kicked everyones arses which sucks since i just watched 40+ eps focusing on the minerva, archangel just shows up and steals the show.....
Well, that's what happens when they change gears from the original goal. They were under a lot of stress after all. Had they been given more time before starting Destiny and let the SEED hype die down to a less zealous level than maybe things would have turned out better.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 06:57   Link #3491
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Err... That sounds kinda childish, no offense.
Me childish!? HA! Double ha.. fair enough, Im probably the most childish person in this forum, so guess you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
It doesn't matter if it's unfair or not, the point is that Shinn wasn't fighting at his fullest yet.
lol wut!?
It's not that he did't want to fight at his fullest, but it's because he couldn't. Shinn would have activated Seed mode much sooner than Kira if he could.. But he can't. That's his inability. And it's not a dual. So Kira dosen't have to wait till Shinn is angry enough to activate Seed mode. (Even in a dual, I'm not sure if that should be a rule)

And even when Shinn was fighting agains Kira at his "best" (+ help from Ray) Didn't he still get kicked in the face or something?..I can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Kira does kill, Rau among others. He also sliced a Federation ship in half with METEOR. Just because He doesn't want to kill doesn't mean he isn't doing everything in his power to protect the Arch Angel or Orb. It would be stupid to claim that he always held back in a situation that could endanger those he cares about or millions of lives.
Rau, METEOR, 'He dosent want to kill', 'He held back'..?? Again, wtf are you talking about? When did I say anything like that? Kira didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot at that point. This is not my interpretation of that fight, it's what Kira said.. Literally. (though, I can't remember that episode.)

And I alo never said anyting about Kira holding back against Shinn... I sure he was doing everything in his power to beat Shinn. His his arch-nemesis!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Kira does melee but he isn't exactly the best, flashy tricks aside.
His flashy moves are quite effective. He is overall very efficient with his two beam sabers.. And like so many before me have pointed out, he extremely capable in close combat.

I Understand You disagree. So would you like to point out all those moment where he flopped with a beam saber? And who might be better according to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I could say the same of you as well.
No you can't.. He made point and came up with arguments and evidence to suport that point. You had nothing to say throughout this conversation other then: 'You are wrong, I'm right! Why? Cos I say so!'.

..You talked about Video games, cards and some other s*** for 5 pages long!
__________________

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-06-18 at 07:18.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 08:10   Link #3492
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Im probably the most childish person in this forum
I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
lol wut!?
You're overreacting, dude.

Quote:
It's not that he did't want to fight at his fullest, but it's because he couldn't. Shinn would have activated Seed mode much sooner than Kira if he could.. But he can't.
The point is that Kira really hasn't shown the ability to beat Shinn with SEED mode(while he's piloting Destiny). In fact, when Shinn did went SEED mode during their skirmish at Orb, Kira got pushed back. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not.

Quote:
And even when Shinn was fighting agains Kira at his "best" (+ help from Ray) Didn't he still get kicked in the face or something?..I can't remember.
Shinn wasn't in SEED mode during that time. Still, Kira was almost killed anyway if it weren't for Athrun.

Quote:
wtf are you talking about? When did I say anything like that? Kira didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot at that point.
Quote:
The fact that Kira was distracted by archangel and didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot is his own problem.
I'm not seeing you being specific here.

Quote:
This is not my interpretation of that fight, it's what Kira said.. Literally. (though, I can't remember that episode.)
Are you talking about operation angel down or operation fury? If it's the latter, it would be stupid to take what he said seriously. I think it would be stupid if it's the former as well, considering what's at stake.

Quote:
His flashy moves are quite effective.
On unsuspecting victims and cannon fodder.
You gotta' love his twirls, though.

Quote:
He is overall very efficient with his two beam sabers..
Didn't seem to help against Shinn when he's swinging around the bulky, easy to avoid, Arondight during their fight at Orb.

Quote:
And like so many before me have pointed out, he extremely capable in close combat.
Especially when there are always two, conveniently placed fodder, standing side by side for Kira to... fodderize.... always.

Quote:
I Understand You disagree. So would you like to point out all those moment where he flopped with a beam saber? And who might be better according to you?
I expect a full rant from you if I do, so no thanks.

Quote:
..You talked about Video games, cards and some other s*** for 5 pages long!
I've been playing Dragon's Dogma for the past week now, and I like it. In fact, I'm playing it and right now.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:43   Link #3493
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Yesman, that very last remark kaito-kid made wasn't directed at you. :V
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:57   Link #3494
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Still, Kira was almost killed anyway if it weren't for Athrun.
That's thanks to Rey.
Quote:
Are you talking about operation angel down or operation fury? If it's the latter, it would be stupid to take what he said seriously. I think it would be stupid if it's the former as well, considering what's at stake.
Nonetheless, that is what happened.
Quote:
On unsuspecting victims and cannon fodder.
Kira in Freedom always makes a scene, you can't say there were any unsuspecting victims. So now let's see, that still leaves at least Stella, Sting, Shinn, Athrun, and Heine.
Quote:
Didn't seem to help against Shinn when he's swinging around the bulky, easy to avoid, Arondight during their fight at Orb.
No need for the beam sabers, Kira just used Strike Freedom's hands.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:00   Link #3495
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
He didn't even use the hands, he caged the sword with the beam shields.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:41   Link #3496
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Lacus is now officially married, but not to Kira, but to Gyunei:

http://sgcafe.com/2012/06/tanaka-rie...adera-kouichi/
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:57   Link #3497
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
i remember reading some where that going seed didn't really make the pilot get any stronger and that all it gave the pilot was greater concentration. can anyone clear this up for me?
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 12:00   Link #3498
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Often, Kira does some of his best work with SEED, other times, he used it just to make a final blow, like in his last fight against Andrew.

SEED is really just a vague concept at this point.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 12:53   Link #3499
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Lacus is now officially married, but not to Kira, but to Gyunei:

http://sgcafe.com/2012/06/tanaka-rie...adera-kouichi/
Hell yeah.

Congrats to Rie!
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 13:05   Link #3500
Zulu Keita
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Just gonna say this, Destined_Fate: The games don't count. None of them count. Not Dynasty Warriors, not SRW, none of them. None of them are canon and none of them make accurate portrayals of the machines used in them. Stop using them as a crutch for this debate. Use the actual canon evidence portrayed in the shows.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
An armless Providence.



While Cagalli is crying.
Another "Kira used SEED mode while X didn't" Scenario.



Actually, he took Neo out by shooting him.



Before Shinn arrived, he wasn't doing anything or even damaging the Destroy. Heck, Stella managed to block one of Kira's beam saber swing when she went insane after he took down Neo.
Armless or not, I was just trying to point out that most of the known pilots he has beaten, he has beaten with Melee weaponry, Kira still took out Rau with his saber.

Kira used SEED while the X didnt? You clearly missed the point I was trying to make, Im well aware that Athrun was not in SEED, I was mentioning the fact that Kira also went for his beam sabers instead of range weaponry to take out Athrun, If Kira would suck at Melee weaponry, He would not choose to pick a saber to take out Saviour.

Yes, He took out Neo by shooting, My bad.

Again, Im not trying to analyze what happened, Just pointing out that Kira DOES indeed use his beam sabers and finishes most of the known pilots with them.

I definetly agree with your points as well but I maybe didnt clarify my point that well anyways... I was just trying to make a point that Kira does use his beam sabers well
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.