AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 18:09   Link #7621
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Probably a stupid question, but why are they all firing at the same time? Instead of going for continuous fire, for example?
Probably due to formations being trained to fire in volley to make sure they hit at least something with the extremely inaccurate muskets of the era. Some units would rotate the lines so that a group with loaded muskets and a line of sight would shoot while the other line was reloading. Those that don't have that sort of training would go for volley fire. If I remember correctly.

And it takes time to reload a musket.

As rifling became more common and accuracy increased, you could afford more continuous fire as the mini-balls and bullets would actually hit their targets more often at better ranges.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:38   Link #7622
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But how are 10 shots at the same time more likely to hit something than 10 shots over five seconds?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 02:33   Link #7623
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is more a "fire on command" thing than statistics. Regimental drill and obediance to officers. I would think in particular English officers in that period of time. Not sure if the Americans followed such procedures as strickly. But then the American Army did tend to lose a lot in that war. Only the US Navy seemed to have any victories that anyone remembers outside of Jackson's at New Orleans.

Firing one at a time was generally considered poor form if I recall. The unit lacked discipline and they still tended to miss all the time.

Also if you fire all at once everyone can still see the enemy as your unit aims with black powder muskets. If you fire over ten seconds....everyone firing after the first shot or two won't be able to see anything. The time spent reloading gives the smoke a chance to clear a little bit so that one might be able to at least get the musket pointed at the enemy rather than the sky just above him or the dirt just in front of him. Improves one's chances to hit if you can see your target regardless of the inaccuracy the weapon.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-06-19 at 02:44.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 08:19   Link #7624
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
http://www.montrealgazette.com/techn...941/story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
We received a request from the Passport Canada office to remove a YouTube video of a Canadian citizen urinating on his passport and flushing it down the toilet,
It's nice that they are defending internet freedom. This was particularly a strange request. Why's the federal government so sensitive -.- quit being babies. I wonder what the other popular requests are.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 08:31   Link #7625
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/techn...941/story.html

It's nice that they are defending internet freedom. This was particularly a strange request. Why's the federal government so sensitive -.- quit being babies. I wonder what the other popular requests are.
Due to the global warming and melting of ice caps, the Canadians are facing a moose meat shortage and are driven nuts by ersatz-acorn patties used in their burgers.

Even the Canadians don't look sane anymore.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 08:49   Link #7626
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh God, thats embarrassing.

Chinese News Confuses Masturbation Toy with a Mysterious Mushroom
Old 2012-06-19, 08:58   Link #7627
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Quote:
...on the reporter who is "still very young and unwise to the ways of the world"...
Oh goodness, this is ridiculous. If the reporter is young and unwise, I wouldn't mind spending my precious night-time mentoring her on the ways of the world......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:05   Link #7628
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Due to the global warming and melting of ice caps, the Canadians are facing a moose meat shortage and are driven nuts by ersatz-acorn patties used in their burgers.

Even the Canadians don't look sane anymore.
Anymore ? Were we sane to begin ?

Just think of a reaction to Harper's way.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:15   Link #7629
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Oh goodness, this is ridiculous. If the reporter is young and unwise, I wouldn't mind spending my precious night-time mentoring her on the ways of the world......
So your quitting lolis for good? I'm proud of you.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:17   Link #7630
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
So your quitting lolis for good? I'm proud of you.
Wait, you mean she is not a legal loli? I thought the term "young and unwise" refers to the innocence lolis have!

Old 2012-06-19, 10:26   Link #7631
Zakoo

Quote:
Only in gensokyo such situation should happen hahaha
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 10:35   Link #7632
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
She'll be thinking about that mushroom evermore.

Endless "Old and wise to the ways of the world" Soul
Old 2012-06-19, 12:29   Link #7633
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Wait, you mean she is not a legal loli? I thought the term "young and unwise" refers to the innocence lolis have!
''Clueless'' and ''innoncence'' aren't really related. Plus what do you mean by ''legal loli'' ?
Old 2012-06-19, 13:05   Link #7634
Zakoo

Her for example.

For a deviant such as him, a legal loli is something that doesn't exist. Only in 2D there can be a +18 years old little girl. Real life doesn't allow it.
Old 2012-06-19, 15:26   Link #7635
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Legal loli's certainly exist. Loli is also a dress style and a physical appearance. How old would you guess someone who was 148cm (4'10") and 43kg (95lbs), slim but with some curves, and waist-length black hair in a twin tail was? 14? 18? 30? 40?

There's a very good reason it is a popular look across Asia.... there are lots of them.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-06-19 at 15:28. Reason: added english units for the metrically challenged
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:30   Link #7636
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've encountered some. Though I more often encounter older Asian women that I know have to be in there 40s or 50s and yet still look like they are in their 20s.
Old 2012-06-19, 15:30   Link #7637
Zakoo

Don't tell me it's your wife?

My mind is going to burst, I should go sleep right now. Such thing doesn't exist in Europe, I will migrate in Asia tomorrow.
Old 2012-06-19, 15:45   Link #7638
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not going to pretend she looks 14 any more ... but she was carded into her late 40s and I spent many years being glared at by what I'll call 'stupid white people' for 'cradle snatching'. (I'm white before anyone has a cow about that line). She looks like a little doll (think Toradora's Taiga, she's Taiga's height but curvier) when she was a late teen into her 30s. And me being six foot just made her look even smaller. Some proof-ish stuff is necessary, I guess.
Exhibiting tsun moment... 95lbs of typing fury in her Blanket of Solitude loli-wife stalking soda pop

She has a few streaks of silver now and looks older when she wears glasses. Its hard to get a good picture of her because she hates having her picture taken.
She still has to shop in the junior section. Not just an anomaly though, she has two cousins, one at 5' and the other at 4'9". I have several friends here in Oregon that meet the same description (including one white elfin pixie who is 20ish pictured next).
Yes, she's sitting on the edge of the chair with her feet on the counter -- she studies that way. Yes, she's 21.

And I can stand in Los Angeles/SanFrancisco in the asian sections and trainspot dozens on a busy market day. Ponytails, twintails, moms with daughters where you're having real trouble deciding which is which and they're both jawdropping cute.

Heck, my Japanese teacher has to be 70-something and when she turns her back she looks like a loli (very short, trim, longish jet black hair in a tail, likes to wear overalls or tight jeans and a tee).

Sometimes my wife will look at me and say, "its time to move you to another spot, too many sparkles at this location" and laugh her head off.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-06-25 at 01:24.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:47   Link #7639
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Going out with style
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 02:31   Link #7640
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
''Clueless'' and ''innoncence'' aren't really related. Plus what do you mean by ''legal loli'' ?
Kana Hanazawa (156cm). Ayana Taketatsu (151cm).

Or maybe even Aoi Yuuki? (145cm)

If Ayanyan is so short at 151, and Aoi Yuuki has to wear platform shoes to reach her height........

I want them both. NAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And I can stand in Los Angeles/SanFrancisco in the asian sections and trainspot dozens on a busy market day. Ponytails, twintails, moms with daughters where you're having real trouble deciding which is which and they're both jawdropping cute.
Where can I find one that accepts otakus.

Tags
humor