AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-20, 12:20   Link #741
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
@Soji, Right and she likely knows there's extremely slim chance for that to happen after that encounter and his escape. Yet, Esdese is still pursing him regardless even if there are others who would be more willing to share her ideal. That suggest to me perhaps she at least wants him near her where she can grow him as Warrior as strong as she as I stated earlier. I can't see why she would continue otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
There is a glaring discrepancy, she doesn't want him to change her at all, she's a raging sadist that enjoys to torture, he hates it or most probably will. Either he becomes ok with her torturing anyone they come across, or he changes her, and we know she doesn't want to change at all.
But by falling in love she's already changing. Everyone including herself knows it too, she will likely continue to do so the more she stays Tatsumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF river was old and way past his time, whereas the supposedly strong generals are all in their 30's.
Wasn't stated that Braht was near Esdese level?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-20 at 12:56.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:28   Link #742
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
@Soji, Right and she likely knows there's extremely slim chance for that to happen after that encounter and his escape. Yet, Esdese is still pursing him regardless even if there are others who would be more willing to share her ideal. That suggest to me perhaps she at least wants him near her where she can grow him as Warrior as strong as she as I stated earlier.
I get you point really. I can't deny that she want some one strong a her enemy or ally not matter(though from that pag in one ch I think she want more a a enemy).
But I think is more or the line that she never fail to get something she want ,that she never really fail /lose. Wich mean she probally still try because she never fail to get what she want so she probally think there is no reason for her to fail now and she will have Tatsumi(though I don't deny she seem like to have him around /close to her). She say this herself to River remember?And what she say or better think at the end of the last ch? No what she say to jeager I mean what she think.
That's why I say more than one time that she need to fail to get tatsumi. She need to learn this lesson .
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:34   Link #743
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
@Soji, Right and she likely knows there's extremely slim chance for that to happen after that encounter and his escape. Yet, Esdese is still pursing him regardless even if there are others who would be more willing to share her ideal. That suggest to me perhaps she at least wants him near her where she can grow him as Warrior as strong as she as I stated earlier. I can't see she would why continue otherwise.



But by falling in love she's already changing. Everyone including herself knows it too, she will likely continue to do so the more she stays Tatsumi.



Wasn't stated that Braht was near Esdese level?
Obviously she will change to some degree but we're discussing under the assumption everything goes her way which includes that.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:37   Link #744
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
@Soji That's true.

Tatsumi is also probably the first man to ever reject her in such a way and even suggest borderline treason, yet she can't get mad at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Obviously she will change to some degree but we're discussing under the assumption everything goes her way which includes that.
Will then yeah, I don't ever see Tatsumi coming around to her without being okay with things like torture since that goes against his beliefs and everything that has happen to him. But for Esdese who has known nothing but war and is now heading into uncharted territory an emotion completely alien to her (and probably still is) up till now, I'm not so sure (about her not changing).

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-20 at 13:21.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:41   Link #745
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Though I'd assume she'd want him to be okay with the torture and join the Empires side, which lets be honest would require a very large difference in mindset.
Esdeses wants him to be strong. Being on the Empire's side is secondary. The reason why she puts up with the Prime Minister and refuses to join the Revolutionary Army is because she believes survival of the fittest is the natural order of life. To her, the Empire is the stronger side, and she is right in that aspect.

Tatsumi has potential, and Esdeses wants to bring that out. Training him to be a sadist is not what she wants.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:44   Link #746
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Esdeses wants him to be strong. Being on the Empire's side is secondary. The reason why she puts up with the Prime Minister and refuses to join the Revolutionary Army is because she believes survival of the fittest is the natural order of life. To her, the Empire is the stronger side.

Tatsumi has potential, and Esdeses wants to bring that out. Training him to be a sadist is not what she wants.
I'm not talking about him becoming a sadiest I'm talking about him accepting her acts of sadism, which is often and she enjoys doing it. She even creates potential for rebellions because of this fact. It's also something should they get together be something he'd likelt absolutely hate and go to all costs to prevent from happening.

Ofcourse if they do develop in that sorta way she'd have likly have changed but if we're talking about her original gameplan without her being changed that then that would be an issue.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:48   Link #747
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That's true.

Tatsumi is also probably the first man to ever reject her in such a way and even suggest borderline treason, yet she can't get mad at him.
Like I ask before. I wonder her reaction when she find out about the flaute dude that Tatsumi kill.True she don't know for now but if she ever find out?
Also seem to me that Esdes become little close to Syuri if she find out that the ogre and....
Spoiler for spoiler:
is the one that kill him . I wonder if she will still calm like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Esdeses wants him to be strong. Being on the Empire's side is secondary. The reason why she puts up with the Prime Minister and refuses to join the Revolutionary Army is because she believes survival of the fittest is the natural order of life. To her, the Empire is the stronger side, and she is right in that aspect.

Tatsumi has potential, and Esdeses wants to bring that out. Training him to be a sadist is not what she wants.
Then for her is fine if tatsumi bring that potential out even if is her enemy right?
Though I agree with Tenchi Hou Take on this one.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 13:19   Link #748
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Like I ask before. I wonder her reaction when she find out about the flaute dude that Tatsumi kill.True she don't know for now but if she ever find out?
Also seem to me that Esdes become little close to Syuri if she find out that the ogre and.... is the one that kill him . I wonder if she will still calm like this.
You didn't to need use a future spoiler for this. Tatsumi is already responsible downfall of the "Three Beasts" remember? The effect would be the same.

I can see her reaction being very complicated and torn due to her love for Tatsumi, her philosophy and compassion to avenge her men. It will be very interesting to see.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Then for her is fine if tatsumi bring that potential out even if is her enemy right?
Though I agree with Tenchi Hou Take on this one.
She believes he's not her enemy right now (Tatsumi told her he was thinking of joining the Rebel army, not that he has).
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 13:25   Link #749
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Iron Maw@ The spoiler is for something will happen in ch 20 . Is another one that tatsumi help to kill. I mean he a big part in the end for that.
And yeah i remember he is responsible for the downfall of the "Three Beasts" . I say only one because to be fair he kill only one of them.But yeah we can count him responsible for the death of all 3 of them in the end.

I know this...that she don't think him being her enemy for now. That's why I'm curios to see her reaction when she see him use incursio. What i mean is...if she want only see Tatsumi full potential is ok even if he is her enemy.XD

Edit: Also ,just wondering this. Vol 1 cover was Akame ,vol 4 Esdes and vol 5 is Kurome. But who was cover vol 2 was Leona (?) and 3 the number 3 i don't think I see this one

Last edited by Soji; 2012-06-20 at 16:50.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:30   Link #750
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Um, yeah so about the KuromexWave was championed here, we might want to hold off on that in light recent info a friend of mine translated from backpages of Vol. 4.

Official Character Ages from the character profiles of Jaeger:
  • Wave: 20
  • Seryuu: 20
  • Ran: 23
  • Bors: 32
  • Dr. Stylish: 28
  • Kurome: 10<-----What.

I had forgotten that Mangaka tend give out ridiculous ages for some characters despite appearance not matching them all. Well everyone else at least pretty reasonable though Seryuu is older than I thought while Bors is slightly younger..
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:32   Link #751
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Um, yeah so about the KuromexWave was championed here, we might want to hold off on that in light recent info a friend of mine translated from backpages of Vol. 4.

Official Character Ages from the character profiles of Jaeger:
  • Wave: 20
  • Seryuu: 20
  • Ran: 23
  • Bors: 32
  • Dr. Stylish: 28
  • Kurome: 10<-----What.

I had forgotten that Mangaka tend give out ridiculous ages for some characters despite appearance not matching them all. Well everyone else at least pretty reasonable though Seryuu is older than I thought while Bors is slightly younger..
I could see her passing for 13, though 10 is a bit much.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:37   Link #752
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Maybe she had a crazy growth spurt or something. This kinda reminds me of when I found out that Leo from Break Blade was on 12 despite having fairly breasts and looking in her 20s.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:37   Link #753
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Um, yeah so about the KuromexWave was championed here, we might want to hold off on that in light recent info a friend of mine translated from backpages of Vol. 4.

Official Character Ages from the character profiles of Jaeger:
  • Wave: 20
  • Seryuu: 20
  • Ran: 23
  • Bors: 32
  • Dr. Stylish: 28
  • Kurome: 10<-----What.

I had forgotten that Mangaka tend give out ridiculous ages for some characters despite appearance not matching them all. Well everyone else at least pretty reasonable though Seryuu is older than I thought while Bors is slightly younger..
WTF Kurome just 10 year old
Now that i think about it is strange we have the age of this one ,but nothing about Tatsumi,Akame,Esdes ecc.
Though see Wave and Seryuu age I suppose That both Tatsumi and Akame are more or less on that age like 3 or 4 year younger than them.For Esdes I suppose is 3 or 4 year older than Wave and Seryuu at least.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:37   Link #754
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I have a feeling that Akame and Kurome's family is a long lineage of assassins that work for the Empire. They were probably trained to kill since birth or as young as possible.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:47   Link #755
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
WTF Kurome just 10 year old
Now that i think about it is strange we have the age of this one ,but nothing about Tatsumi,Akame,Esdes ecc.
Though see Wave and Seryuu age I suppose That both Tatsumi and Akame are more or less on that age like 3 or 4 year younger than them.For Esdes I suppose is 3 or 4 year older than Wave and Seryuu at least.
They were probably listed, but on other Vols. Esdese profile is also there, but no age is given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I have a feeling that Akame and Kurome's family is a long lineage of assassins that work for the Empire. They were probably trained to kill since birth or as young as possible.
IIRC according to Leone, Akame and Kurome were apparently sold to Empire by their parents when they were pretty young. Likely because their lived in complete poverty so I doubt that.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 19:30   Link #756
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
About the ages the translation I saw said Kurome was teens and Seryuu was twenties. Which would mean Seryuu is older than Wave.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 20:13   Link #757
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
IIRC according to Leone, Akame and Kurome were apparently sold to Empire by their parents when they were pretty young. Likely because their lived in complete poverty so I doubt that.
Their adopted families could be assassins.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 20:16   Link #758
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Their adopted families could be assassins.
Or they could have been child soldiers who knows.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 20:29   Link #759
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Yeah, the thing that I notice about this Manga it takes some traits of real history. Like some people mentioned that Akame and Kurome were raised to be killers, similar to the Janissary in history. Forms of torture are similar to the Inquisitions, but has the twist of personalty of characters as well fantasy. Weapons with ability, modification of the human body, and mythical creatures.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-06-20 at 21:48.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 21:16   Link #760
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
About the ages the translation I saw said Kurome was teens and Seryuu was twenties. Which would mean Seryuu is older than Wave.
I guess I'll take that as it makes more sense in regards to Kurome's age. My friend is still a beginner so the risk of a mistranslation is fairly high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Their adopted families could be assassins.
Sounds like they were taken directly into the Assassination Division of Military, but yeah I get your point.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.