AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-20, 05:54   Link #41
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Nah, I also think it's definitely going to open very soon. The Zetsuen website didn't come up with a 403 error until a couple of hours before its opening at best. Keep slamming F5!
Oh good i'm not going crazy and excellent idea!
Heres the link btw for anyone who wants it http://www.project-magi.com/
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 07:25   Link #42
Iron Maw
Wandering Youth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I would love to see Brian Base be given a try at this since they did a pretty good job on maintaining a consistent production on Durarara!! (24 eps). Untested yeah, but I think they can handle a long running show, I'm completely fine with Sunrise or I.G though.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 08:03   Link #43
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
If Sunrise does something like Magi, it would probably have to be Studio 1 doing it, since they previously handled all the Shounen Sunday stuff like Inuyasha and Kekkaishi in the past. Unfortunately that studio will be tied up for quite some time working on Gundam Unicorn. If not for that, I would say they are probably the best choice to work on Magi.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:27   Link #44
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
If Sunrise does something like Magi, it would probably have to be Studio 1 doing it, since they previously handled all the Shounen Sunday stuff like Inuyasha and Kekkaishi in the past. Unfortunately that studio will be tied up for quite some time working on Gundam Unicorn. If not for that, I would say they are probably the best choice to work on Magi.
Well there is studio 8 or whatever studio that did gintama. Binbogami ga is only going to be one cour so they should be available.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:39   Link #45
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Well there is studio 8 or whatever studio that did gintama. Binbogami ga is only going to be one cour so they should be available.
Studio 8 isn't doing Binbogami ga. They're doing Horizon, Accel World, and Nerawareta Gakuen. Binbogami is under Studio 9 apparently.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:44   Link #46
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Studio 8 isn't doing Binbogami ga. They're doing Horizon, Accel World, and Nerawareta Gakuen. Binbogami is under Studio 9 apparently.
Sorry i'm terrible with studio names. Both horizon and AW should be ending by the time fall starts provided horizon 2 is only 12 episoes like horizon 1...never even heard of nerawareta so no comment on that one.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:05   Link #47
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Sorry i'm terrible with studio names. Both horizon and AW should be ending by the time fall starts provided horizon 2 is only 12 episoes like horizon 1...never even heard of nerawareta so no comment on that one.
Nerawareta Gakuen is in fact a movie that's going to be also released this fall. If this show will be animated by Sunrise, it's either Studio 1 or 9 popping it.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:08   Link #48
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Nerawareta Gakuen is in fact a movie that's going to be also released this fall. If this show will be animated by Sunrise, it's either Studio 1 or 9 popping it.
Oh..that movie . I do agree now though if sunrise is doing it then it will either be studio 1 or 9 which is fine by me .
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:17   Link #49
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Indeed, I shall be watching this just for Morgiana. I just hope they retain the badass moe look she has from the manga And her pouts, can't forget that-

*SHOT*
While I also enjoy the story, and I adore an anime set in an arabian world for a change, I do admit this is my main motivation for reading it. Badass redhead.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 00:30   Link #50
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10292.html
if im reading right (on the cover it says mbs-tbs and october) magi confirmed to be the next nichigo anime after AGE.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 01:04   Link #51
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Yes the cover confirms that it will air in October 2012 on Sundays 5pm on TBS/MBS.

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 01:10   Link #52
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Okay good. Least we know for sure a promo will air on sunday now. Does the cover mention anything else?
edit: studio is A-1 pictures http://mangateers.com/manga/magi-raw/145/2/
.....dear god that looks horrible.

Last edited by OPN; 2012-06-22 at 04:19.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:26   Link #53
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Wow, A-1 Pictures? That makes it the 6th TV series they're working on at the same time, along with 2 theatrical movies. I wonder how big their studio offices are at this point...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:28   Link #54
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Wow, A-1 Pictures? That makes it the 6th TV series they're working on at the same time, along with 2 theatrical movies. I wonder how big their studio offices are at this point...
Yeah....my only hope is that they made this their priority with all the money they made with BE and FMA and the promo picture isnt what the anime will look like...but its happened before like with SAO. Still i pray the staff is good.....though i admit the rukh look beautiful.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:37   Link #55
Katapan
俺様祭り
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Age: 24
I've been suspecting for a little while that A-1 may be putting Fairy Tail on hold by this fall (close to the manga, in filler zone, not necessarily pulling in great ratings - and most importantly, its timeslot might just be taken over by Magazine fellow Code:Breaker), which would open up some room in the studio for Magi. It is quite the wild guess, though. (And as MisaoFan has pointed out to me, C:B is more likely to end up taking over the KuroBas timeslot, so FT will most likely go on and it just means A-1 Pictures must have really huge studios by this point!)

Either way, we really can't conclude anything from the studio alone in the case of A-1 (well, in most cases, I suppose), so we're back to waiting for the staff list!
__________________

Last edited by Katapan; 2012-06-22 at 12:21.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:40   Link #56
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Its really odd they don't announce the director or character designer when a promo image was shown and a promo video coming out on sunday. I guess their saving it for the site so they can get some extra traffic which should be going up any time now.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:50   Link #57
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Its really odd they don't announce the director or character designer when a promo image was shown and a promo video coming out on sunday. I guess their saving it for the site so they can get some extra traffic which should be going up any time now.
It's not odd. Usually these manga magazine announcements are short and brief because they just want to draw attention to fans that there is an adaptation coming up. The magazines are not really meant mainly for news, since people buy them just for the manga.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:53   Link #58
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's not odd. Usually these manga magazine announcements are short and brief because they just want to draw attention to fans that there is an adaptation coming up. The magazines are not really meant mainly for news, since people buy them just for the manga.
Guess that it makes sense that their waiting to open the site to open to reveal more info (like seiyuus and staff) which is fine by me. Hate to sound like a broken record but i really hope that promo is not what the anime will look like since it looks horrible. oh and heres the twitter account for the magi anime https://twitter.com/#!/project_magi
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:53   Link #59
totoum
Me at work
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Just wondering,is it possible that some of A-1 shows like SOA and Shinsekai Yori are well into production so that in fact even if they havn't aired yet production on them is nearly done?
__________________
totoum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:56   Link #60
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
Btw with this can we safe to say, no way this would be such a long show, like 4-cour total episode?
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.