AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 17:55   Link #3221
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The problem is (from what I have read on these thread) is that moretsu pirates includes twice the amount of episodes than regular discs (therefore makes half as much profit with every release)
The DVDs have more episodes but the majority of sales go to the blu ray and those have the standard 2 episodes per volume.
Old 2012-06-22, 18:05   Link #3222
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The DVDs have more episodes but the majority of sales go to the blu ray and those have the standard 2 episodes per volume.
BD Vol 1 had only two episodes, the ret (so far) have had four.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 18:23   Link #3223
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

In any case we must wait until early July for a possible announcement of a second season after us so they will hope that if there is a season 2 and although it will be 26 episodes and especially who will take over the arc of the novel and not invent a story for the anime ...
Old 2012-06-23, 10:55   Link #3224
justpassingby

Spoiler:

This original arc shit sucks :\. Oh well, the adaptation itself is bad

Edit: For those interested, Director Satou Tatsuo will be the special guest in Mikako-shi's radio program this Tuesday.
And yatta \o/, Sasamoto's Hoshi no Pilot reprint is set to go on sale in July.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-06-23 at 11:11.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:28   Link #3225
Midonin
Last Engage

Mobirates 25 - Leave It to Doc

That solves the issues of mistaken identity. Kane's younger brother was the one taking up coaching duties. I wouldn't mind seeing him again in a theoretical second season - you can't get that kind of scenery chewing anywhere. Still not explicitly stated that Ironbeard is Marika's dad yet, but more and more signs are pointing in that direction. Finishing the show with a spaceship battle finale isn't a bad choice. I am curious about the novel content after the separation point, though. My favorite part of the episode was Marika and Chiaki in the recording both - space pirate idols. Those two make such a great pair, and Chiaki's refusal to admit she is in any way cute only serves to make her cuter. I trust the finale to deliver.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:39   Link #3226
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Warning: The following image may contain lethal amounts of sexy moe. View at your own risk.

Spoiler for Chiaki:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:41   Link #3227
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The problem is (from what I have read on these thread) is that moretsu pirates includes twice the amount of episodes than regular discs (therefore makes half as much profit with every release)
most of 24~26 episode's anime is 3 episodes per BD/DVD,even some big title like code geass,so it's not "twice the amount of episodes than regular discs"
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:08   Link #3228
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I am curious about the novel content after the separation point, though.
Yeah, given that they've introduced some pretty major concepts in the last few episodes -- Imperial pirates, the Queen, Ririka's new job, Kane's twin, Ironbeard's talk about the future and becoming real pirates, etc. -- I wonder if the anime is still compatible with the novels or would a second season have to be an alternate continuity.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:21   Link #3229
gaiar31

Spoiler:
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:42   Link #3230
00Coyote

Episode 25... was the most eclectic mix of absurdity, amusement, laugh out loud moments (THAT SONG), and WTF were they thinking moments. The episode was all over the place in almost as many ways as you can name. I'll have to watch it a couple more times to make heads or tails of it.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:53   Link #3231
ookamigirl

Marika and her crew in the pirate's nest.
Those pirates sure come in all shapes and sizes LOL
Marika's challenge sure was a bold move!
Quartz Christie - the legendary pirate/pirate hunter.
That Ironbeard guy was as interesting as Quartz.
Those two are pretty unusual, but have an air of seriousness and strength.
Kane & his twin brother got busted for switching places, nice ^^
So finally the direct challenge was issued!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:00   Link #3232
ReddyRedWolf

Luca certainly err... enjoyed herself. Who knew she had that sort of appetite?!

Coorie... The glasses they do nothing! EW Nerds still has the hots for her.

The problem with Hakuoh school being girls only is that they start to fantasize Marika has men to ogle at the pirate meeting. Marika is too innocent for that as she didn't get what Luca enjoyed at her vacation.

Hmmm... Christie Quartz beef with frontier privateers is that they are from her perspective copycats.

Girl Earth has had governments use privateers for their own ends. You can't use Copyright Infringement on actual pirates!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:06   Link #3233
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Luca was on vacation and was saved by Ririka. Lol Ririka's new job. Oh man Chiaki just killed everybody with that. Gruier reached the nest so i guess she'll pop up next ep.
Old 2012-06-23, 13:06   Link #3234
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Chiaki's tsundere levels are rising every episode... ^-^
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:17   Link #3235
Theo

Why is Tatsuo Sato doing this shit?

You have a perfectly good and compelling plot with a threatening antagonist and still have the nerve to insert all this ADD food comedy nonsense along with unnecessary shots back to Morningstar and unexplained/vague motivations.

Why don't they just take her back to Empire space? Why are they still continuing with this farce? Why does Ririka have no problem with this? Why even switch Kanes? What's this "choice" the pirates have? That pirate was a "coward"? Quartz was the one ambushing lone century-outdated pirates ships and killing their crews.

WHY?

And yes, Quartz really is that stupid.

Last edited by Theo; 2012-06-23 at 13:27.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:32   Link #3236
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post

Why don't they just take her back to Empire space? Why are they still continuing with this farce? Why does Ririka have no problem with this? Why even switch Kanes? What's this "choice" the pirates have? That pirate was a "coward"? Quartz was the one ambushing lone century-outdated pirates ships and killing their crews.

WHY?
Christie Quartz with Ironbeard treating her with kid gloves means she's important to the Galactic Empire's Queen.

Draw implications from that is that she's royalty. He has orders from above but can't manhandle her.

Killing royalty could bring unnecessary disproportionate retribution not only on the frontier privateers but the worlds that support them.

Meaning this is a diplomatic incident in the making!

Ironbeard is allowing the honorable duel to teach Quartz a lesson on pirates. Meaning he's convinced Marika would give her a spanking without getting killed in the process.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:57   Link #3237
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Christie Quartz with Ironbeard treating her with kid gloves means she's important to the Galactic Empire's Queen.

Draw implications from that is that she's royalty. He has orders from above but can't manhandle her.

Killing royalty could bring unnecessary disproportionate retribution not only on the frontier privateers but the worlds that support them.

Meaning this is a diplomatic incident in the making!

Ironbeard is allowing the honorable duel to teach Quartz a lesson on pirates. Meaning he's convinced Marika would give her a spanking without getting killed in the process.
Even if this theory is true, she's still endangering the Empire's prized warships and their crews lives. No idea why they dont issue an order to seize her if she resists.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:39   Link #3238
Merkarion

If I´m looking right then there are 3 Ships from Type "Grande Cross" in EP 26.

i was laughting when Chiaki says she will kill her father^^
Merkarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:42   Link #3239
Utsuro no Hako

A couple Chiaki avatars -- one naughty and one nice.

Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:02   Link #3240
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
*yoink!* *runs!*
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri