AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-25, 09:44   Link #1
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Lightbulb The 2nd Anime Moest Male Tournament

So after the moest female tournament, now there's a moest male tournament

the main page
http://saimoe-m-2nd.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

the current result
http://saimoe-m-2nd.hp.infoseek.co.jp/main.html

Kira Yamato (SEED) got beaten by Fudo Gen (Aquarion), Sirius (Aquarion) got beaten by Yzak (SEED), and Arthur (GSD) has won the first round!
Old 2005-12-25, 17:05   Link #2
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Okay, does anyone else this male Anime Moe tournament is severely flawed (and no, by flaws, I don't mean the fact that:
1. Negi-sensei may end up suffering from an early elimination;
2. There's a huge lack of Naruto characters).

Basically, I translated the list of characters involved in the tournament and noticed that, whereas the characters in the female tournament came from anime that aired (or, in the case of OAV's and movies) got released between July 2004 and June 2005, the time span for the characters competing in the male section ranges from 2003 (.hack//dusk and Cromartie High) to 2005 (Fushigi Boshi and Black Cat).
Old 2005-12-25, 19:44   Link #3
mangatron
Those glorious leggy's <3

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1
Basically, I translated the list of characters involved in the tournament and noticed that, whereas the characters in the female tournament came from anime that aired (or, in the case of OAV's and movies) got released between July 2004 and June 2005, the time span for the characters competing in the male section ranges from 2003 (.hack//dusk and Cromartie High) to 2005 (Fushigi Boshi and Black Cat).
Thats because there are more girls of late than boys. I find it a good thing, at least meself anyways

Ah, more girls to come next year. And the next, und zer next, etc....

She's not wearing a bra, right?
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
Old 2005-12-26, 00:06   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1
Okay, does anyone else this male Anime Moe tournament is severely flawed (and no, by flaws, I don't mean the fact that:
1. Negi-sensei may end up suffering from an early elimination;
2. There's a huge lack of Naruto characters).

well, this is only the second moest anime male tournament, so they have some catching up to do. I think during the moest anime female tournament 2003, Sakura won, despite Card Captor Sakura was from year 2000.

Besides, you have to take note that the "moest" here not necessarily means "cute", but can also mean "burning".
Old 2005-12-26, 02:05   Link #5
Eclipze

Burning? then Kamura Takeshi from prince of tennis sure fits the bill...
Old 2005-12-26, 11:52   Link #6
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

I am really amazed that they have included an alien dog (Potato !), a bunch of alien frogs (Keroro et al), and lots of machines (Doraemon, Tachikoma and SD Gundams) into a male-only contest. Anyway, go go Potato/Tachikoma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Besides, you have to take note that the "moest" here not necessarily means "cute", but can also mean "burning".
Or simply for nostalgia? IMO, 野比のび太 is definitely not cute nor "burning", but he still managed to win the first round.

Last edited by nani; 2005-12-26 at 12:19.
Old 2005-12-26, 15:19   Link #7
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, this is only the second moest anime male tournament, so they have some catching up to do. I think during the moest anime female tournament 2003, Sakura won, despite Card Captor Sakura was from year 2000.
Speaking of the 2003 female tournament, anyone here have the list of the results of that one, since I'm curious to see who made it into the tournament and how far they went (especially the girls of Azumanga Daioh).