AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-23, 14:34   Link #21
DemonicFoxKallasea
Kitsune Youkai
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maine
Has any one done Hisagi yet?

Kazeshini (It's written 風死, 'death wind'.)
Owner: Hisagi Shuhei
Command Phrases: Reap
Abilities:Kubikake (首挂, "Neck-Hanging"): A physical technique that Hisagi can use by throwing the chain of Kazeshini around the neck of an opponent, from here he can pull the chain hanging the opponent strangling or ensnare them knocking them off balance and bringing them toward him. (Not really an ability ne?)
Bankai Name: Unknown
Bankai Abilities: Unknown
DemonicFoxKallasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 08:39   Link #22
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOJI13 View Post
Shunsui Kyoraku
Katen Kyokotsu:Flowers are disturbed,god of flowers weeps,winds of heaven are disturbed,demon of heaven laughs
his bankai is the one i want to see the most, aside from urahara's that is.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 03:32   Link #23
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
It's Amazing how much potential bleach had. with so many soul reapers and abilities. It will be a shame if bleach ends before we get to Uraraha, Old Man, or unohana's bankai
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:29   Link #24
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
It's Amazing how much potential bleach had. with so many soul reapers and abilities. It will be a shame if bleach ends before we get to Uraraha, Old Man, or unohana's bankai
we'll see all of them. it's basically all kubo has left to show us. the story and power levels are already beyond saving at this point. even if the new bankais are amazing, the series will still be a waste of potential. it could have been one of the best mangas ever, but instead it just dumbed down to mindless fighting and random traveling around to boring places. it had an excellent crew for the show as well. i'm very disappointed overall in the story. its a great example of why risky story-telling is best. bleach has taken almost no risks in its long run
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 20:47   Link #25
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
we'll see all of them. it's basically all kubo has left to show us. the story and power levels are already beyond saving at this point. even if the new bankais are amazing, the series will still be a waste of potential. it could have been one of the best mangas ever, but instead it just dumbed down to mindless fighting and random traveling around to boring places. it had an excellent crew for the show as well. i'm very disappointed overall in the story. its a great example of why risky story-telling is best. bleach has taken almost no risks in its long run

Even if we do get amazing new bankais, we won't even get to see them animated anime more
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:43   Link #26
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Even if we do get amazing new bankais, we won't even get to see them animated anime more
at least not soon like how it used to be. it's very disappointing. i wish kubo had just started in on this arc instead of the awful fullbring arc. this arc, although not great, is much much better and would have made for immensely better shows even if just for the fights and ability reveals. i do however have no doubt that this arc will get animated at some point. hopefully in a condensed 64 episode series. the only question is how long we have to wait for it. possibly until the manga ends which is unfortunate.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:45   Link #27
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
it could have been one of the best mangas ever, but instead it just dumbed down to mindless fighting and random traveling around to boring places. it had an excellent crew for the show as well. i'm very disappointed overall in the story. its a great example of why risky story-telling is best. bleach has taken almost no risks in its long run.

i wish kubo had just started in on this arc instead of the awful fullbring arc. this arc, although not great, is much much better and would have made for immensely better shows even if just for the fights and ability reveals. i do however have no doubt that this arc will get animated at some point. hopefully in a condensed 64 episode series. the only question is how long we have to wait for it. possibly until the manga ends which is unfortunate.
i once thought that too. bleach's premise was very promising indeed even if it bore a lot of similarities with yu yu hakusho. i don't doubt that in the hands of a great manga writer it would have become one of the more interesting shonen series there is. it's just too bad that kubo doesn't have the writing chops for it. bleach is one of the most disappointing series i've ever read. i guess i expected too much from kubo.

the fullbring arc should never have happened. it was a waste of time! if kubo's purpose was to get ichigo's powers back then he could simply write it in this arc. all he needed was a reiatsu-charged sword from his shinigami friends anyway. the quincies had always intrigued me and this angle should have long been explored. he should have delved more into this matter earlier. and more importantly, he should have given us some answers regarding isshin's identity. that is so long overdue!
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 23:52   Link #28
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm very disappointed overall in the story. its a great example of why risky story-telling is best. bleach has taken almost no risks in its long run
After revisiting this post and thinking about it a bit, I'm gonna disagree to a point. Because if you really stop to think about it, you can kind of make the argument that the series is in the state its currently in precisely because of the risks Kubo's taken. Its just that he's taken the wrong risks.

To start, I'd argue that certain decisions we usually wouldn't consider "risks" could be considered as such under the proper circumstances. Case in point, we knew Kubo had a bad track record for (not) killing off the good guys for the longest time. And while it may be common to regard such decisions as the safe choice, it can still be considered risky to repeatedly follow such a repetitive and predictable pattern. Afterall, if fans think you're the type of author who's not going to kill off the good guys periodically, it leaves very little room for suspense. Kubo's only just recently started to turn this around.

I guess to make a long story short, there comes a point where deciding to take no risks ultimately becomes a risky decision in-and-of-itself (if that makes any sense). And that's partially where Kubo's at fault.

On the other hand, I'd argue that Kubo's also attempted some genuinely risky moves that just plain fell flat on their face. The decision to make the fullbring saga in particular was a very risky move. Because while I'm sure some fans are capable of acknowledging the fact that our main protagonist essentially reached godhood and had no where to go, the fact of the matter is restart arcs are dangerous. Because many people who are used to the typical generic shonen formula don't want to see their main hero lose his powers. On the contrary, they want to see him get forever stronger. Because the strength of the main good guys in a shounen sort of serves as a testament to just how far the series has come. This makes the act of going to back to square one feel like a major buzzkill for many.

So if for whatever reason the time comes for the main hero to have to lose it all, it either better coincide with the end of the series, or the journey to get back to greatness better be damn compelling to witness right from the get-go. And if in the worst case scenario it can't even achieve that, it better be brief to endure at the very least. The fullbring saga represented none of this. It was a restart saga with what many considered to have ended with another anti-climactic finish leaving fans feeling rather unrewarded.

And while I'm sure most rational fans expected it to a certain degree, the main hero couldn't even close out the arc by returning to the same level he was at before losing his powers in the first place. This means, even after enduring that hellish fullbring saga, fans looking forward to seeing the return of SSJ3 Ichigo still couldn't get what they wanted. To make matters worse, I can't even come up with a plausible reason to explain why within the context of the plot. All we can conclude is that Ichigo couldn't return to being that strong because it would be inconvenient for the author and the next batch of bad guys he's coming up with.

So yeah...this is just one example of a risk that went horribly wrong. I could also go into Kubo's risky decisions to hold off for years on providing answers to important mysteries. Or I could discuss the risks involved with deciding to rush through the finale of the arrancar saga by making Ichigo god-tier in one training session. Or I could also discuss the risky practice of figuring out a sizable portion of the plot out on the fly, but there are certain dead horses that I don't feel like beating anymore.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 10:24   Link #29
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
^ I get what you're saying but I disagree as well. I actually gave the fullbring arc a fighting (couple month) chance. it was very interesting at first and provided a much different world than we are used to seeing in bleach. but then once the characters and goal were established it became clear just how bad that arc was going to be. i dont see it as a risk that kubo took. it should be normal for long-running mangas to change settings and add new characters in their arcs (just look at one piece or naruto to a lesser extent). what would have made it risky would have been to make chad the main character of the arc like how shikamaru took over in naruto for the immortals arc. ichigo's loss of power set the stage for a perfect risk where his friends could have become relevant, more powerful, and actually fought for ichigo for a change, but he was the star again and then given his powers back in basically the same way that he got them in chapter 1

now we are back to the milk toast SS and the ever-boring HM in this arc. story-wise, these shitritters are basically the same thing as the espada only now they can steal bankais.

i also dont think that not killing anyone is risky. before the marineford arc in one piece, pretty much nobody died, but that isn't what makes one piece risky (in a good way). what makes it risky are adding main characters like franky and brook and making it work. not to mention all the other seemingly insane ideas that oda comes up with and still manages to masterfully make work into his world.

a good risk would have been to have byakuya kill renji in the SS arc. take out an increasingly popular character right at his apex. it's an initial letdown to fans but it has a ripple effect that we still wouldnt have forgotten. and instead of that effective risk, renji has just hung around and become very boring. kubo's missed many opportunities to make a splash by killing characters, but that isn't even necessary to make the story work. killing characters is a pretty basic way to keep interest, but it does work. with a cast as big as bleach, it isn't even that risky to kill some mediocre ones off, especially milk toast characters like hinamori who is still alive somehow...

in addition to that, i would have liked to have seen a much different and much more creative and dark HM for instance. also aizen should have explored hell and the kings dominion by now. what kubo has shown us since the SS arc has all been very bland and riskless from my point of view

edit: also, concerning the topic.. what we are all looking forward to are new bankais and answers to questions we should have already gotten. nothing risky there either. i'm sure a few of the captains and RG bankais will be awesome, but that's just simple writing. the only creativity is in the design and possibly the power, but i dont expect much risk/new concepts when it comes to the powers. after the soifon bankai reveal of a frikkin missile?? im not really holding my breath for a bunch of cool ones.

edit 2: I would agree that ichigo losing his powers is risky if kubo didnt already do it with ishida. when ishida lost his powers vs mayuri i actually felt bad and assumed he would die soon after, so him getting them back rather easily was a huge letdown for me. not that i had anything against him per say, i just didnt think it was good writing and it delegitimized him losing them in the first place. so when ichigo lost his powers i literally did not care one iota and just assumed he would get them back at some point in a similarly easy manner

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2012-07-14 at 13:21.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 01:06   Link #30
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
I like to imagine the Bankai Unohana, a manta rais monstrously huge and Unohana braid detached eyes scary and serious just below its rais over her coldly watching the enemy
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 16:58   Link #31
SerpentKing
Uchiha Skye
 
Join Date: May 2013
Renji Abrai
Shikai Command: Roar, Zabimaru
Bankai: Hihio Zabimaru

Byakuya Kuchiki
Shikai Command: Scatter Senbonzakura
Bankai: SenbonZakura Kageyoshi


Rukia Kuchiki
Shikai Command: Dance, Sode no Shirayuki
Bankai: Unknown

Soi Feng
Shikai Command: Sting all enemies to death, Suzemebachi
Bankai: Jaiko Raikoben

Captain Yamamoto
Shikai Command: All things in the universe turn to ashes, Ryuujin Jaaka
Bankai: unknown

Sosuke Aizen
Shikai Command: Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu
Bankai: Unknown

Kaname Tousen
Shikai Command: Chirp, Suzumushi
Bankai: Suzumushi Tsuishiki enma Korogi

Gin Ichimaru
Shikai Command: Shoot to kill, Shinso
Bankai: Kamishini No Yari


Let me know if im missing anyone else besides Ichigo
SerpentKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 02:17   Link #32
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentKing View Post
Renji Abrai
Shikai Command: Roar, Zabimaru
Bankai: Hihio Zabimaru

Byakuya Kuchiki
Shikai Command: Scatter Senbonzakura
Bankai: SenbonZakura Kageyoshi


Rukia Kuchiki
Shikai Command: Dance, Sode no Shirayuki
Bankai: Unknown

Soi Feng
Shikai Command: Sting all enemies to death, Suzemebachi
Bankai: Jaiko Raikoben

Captain Yamamoto
Shikai Command: All things in the universe turn to ashes, Ryuujin Jaaka
Bankai: unknown

Sosuke Aizen
Shikai Command: Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu
Bankai: Unknown

Kaname Tousen
Shikai Command: Chirp, Suzumushi
Bankai: Suzumushi Tsuishiki enma Korogi

Gin Ichimaru
Shikai Command: Shoot to kill, Shinso
Bankai: Kamishini No Yari


Let me know if im missing anyone else besides Ichigo
hum.... Unohana?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 22:58   Link #33
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Ichigo 2 zanpakuto new form and so new power and new bankai?

big troll from Kubo :

"twice GETSUGA TENSHO!!!!!!!"

__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 22:22   Link #34
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i once thought that too. bleach's premise was very promising indeed even if it bore a lot of similarities with yu yu hakusho. i don't doubt that in the hands of a great manga writer it would have become one of the more interesting shonen series there is. it's just too bad that kubo doesn't have the writing chops for it. bleach is one of the most disappointing series i've ever read. i guess i expected too much from kubo.

the fullbring arc should never have happened. it was a waste of time! if kubo's purpose was to get ichigo's powers back then he could simply write it in this arc. all he needed was a reiatsu-charged sword from his shinigami friends anyway. the quincies had always intrigued me and this angle should have long been explored. he should have delved more into this matter earlier. and more importantly, he should have given us some answers regarding isshin's identity. that is so long overdue!
I actually agree with most of your post here.

Personally to me Bleach is one of those rare manga's that is better without a protag. But oh well.
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 01:43   Link #35
nocturne22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Me too, i remember the bleach games Kaien's shikai was shown. However, that was pretty long ago.

bleach backgrounds

Last edited by nocturne22; 2014-03-12 at 07:32.
nocturne22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 06:50   Link #36
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
hum.... Unohana?
problem is I don't think we ever learned her sword release we know her sword is named minazuchi or something like that by the way new chapter we get yachiru's sword introduced
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 18:43   Link #37
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
problem is I don't think we ever learned her sword release we know her sword is named minazuchi or something like that by the way new chapter we get yachiru's sword introduced
Unohana not say her bankai's name? I don't remember ....
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.