AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-26, 14:30   Link #361
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I thought the ending of Genesis was pretty positive, then again, I was laughing too much to appreciate any serious drama that might have occurred. (Then again, I had trouble appreciating any serious drama in Genesis aside of Touma's "hell hath no fury" act.) And given that the Apollo=dog thing is a retcon it's not hard to separate the two series.
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 14:57   Link #362
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I thought the ending of Genesis was pretty positive, then again, I was laughing too much to appreciate any serious drama that might have occurred. (Then again, I had trouble appreciating any serious drama in Genesis aside of Touma's "hell hath no fury" act.) And given that the Apollo=dog thing is a retcon it's not hard to separate the two series.
I thought it was positive as well. I liked genesis ending. I could just imagine apollo-silvia reincarnations get together which they did a amata-mikono but i would have imagined it in a way that was not so badly written

i also imagined silvia moving on and living a happy life unfortunately that never happened according to EVOL.

i was amused with kagura's great revelation that mikono is not silvia(cause really mikono isn't like silvia) and his nose is not the way to love someone.
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 15:02   Link #363
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Wasn't all that happy for Apollo or Silvia. He left her and than became Amata, I think she would have prefered to live in the now than wait for 12,000 years. She didn't commit suicide so her wait would have felt much longer than Apollo's. Wonder who she married in the end to continue the blood line.

I'm guessing it was Prierre. He was the only manly man left on the team and all the girls were gathering around him in the end. Rena, Reika, and Silvia. So I guess only Prierre got a happy ending.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 15:45   Link #364
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
I liked the ending to Genesis as well. It was bittersweet but it was still pretty good. Since they had the reincarnation cycle it was possible that Apollo and Sylvia were gonna meet again. Felt sad, because I liked both of them, and it sucks that Apollo and Sirius had to sacrifice themselves but it was well done and ended appropriately.
KleenexGhost is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 17:23   Link #365
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Wasn't all that happy for Apollo or Silvia. He left her and than became Amata, I think she would have prefered to live in the now than wait for 12,000 years. She didn't commit suicide so her wait would have felt much longer than Apollo's. Wonder who she married in the end to continue the blood line.

I'm guessing it was Prierre. He was the only manly man left on the team and all the girls were gathering around him in the end. Rena, Reika, and Silvia. So I guess only Prierre got a happy ending.
In all Honesty she might have not ended up with anyone, even if it meant ending the bloodline with her, but who knows.
Dissix is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 22:53   Link #366
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
The Apollonius/Celiane bloodline continued into Evol though. Silvia was the last know bearer of it since her parents and now Sirius died. Besides, it would be a depressing life if she never moved on after Apollo left her. She was still a young teenager after all.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-27 at 10:11.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 07:49   Link #367
Auron Requies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissix View Post
In all Honesty she might have not ended up with anyone, even if it meant ending the bloodline with her, but who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The Apollonius/Celiane bloodline continued into Evo though. Silvia was the last know bearer of it since her parents and now Sirius died.
Their bloodline was made possible to show the 'offsprings' of Apollonius/Celianne for Human/Angel hybrids. But it wouldn't have mattered since Zen is there, and so is the fact that Pollon didn't even seem to have a bloodline. The whole reincarnation thing just happened, which makes me think it would have happened regardless.

Take Mikono, we know she's the reincarnation of Silvia, but there's no info that says she was part of her family bloodline. If she was, wouldn't she be part Angel, which never even came up in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Besides, it would be a depressing life if she never moved on after Apollo left her. She was still a young teenager after all.
She seemed content at the end of Genesis though, especially on her 'Apollo will return' comment.
Auron Requies is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 10:03   Link #368
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Amata has those wings on his feet (inherited from his mother?), so if anyone in EVOL is descended from Silvia, it's probably him.
GoldenLand is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 10:46   Link #369
Auron Requies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
True, but there's also the fact that he's part Pollon, who's also an Angel. Plus they never really mentioned it, especially down the track I just saw it as really being part of the 'wings of the sun' thing going everytime they show that compared to his normal glow and float.
Auron Requies is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 11:06   Link #370
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Amata has those wings on his feet (inherited from his mother?), so if anyone in EVOL is descended from Silvia, it's probably him.
Well yeah, unless they wanted to troll us and say Zessica had Apollonius/Silvia blood in her to explain her powers and why Mykage singled out her even before she started getting depressed.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 14:06   Link #371
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Since I can't be bothered to copy paste, I wrote my thoughts of the Zessica-Kagura interaction here.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 14:48   Link #372
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Thess: that's a good analysis and might've been what they went for, but if that's what they wanted I think the writers really executed it poorly (I'm picking on them, not you), because there's been numerous prior occasions when Kagura's seen (or would at least know about) people outside the fated nexus doing stuff like what Zessica was doing for Amata: you have Jin giving up his life for Yunoha, you have Amata doing it for Mikono like three or four times (episode 5/6? again in 13? a few more times in 15?)...I'm probably forgetting a few here honestly, like Andy and MIX depending on how much of the Andy-MIXY battle he actually got a look at.

This isn't trying to say you're wrong at all, just pointing out that the writers didn't really to much to make explicit what specifically would've been different about running into Zessica vis-a-vis the previous scenarios...even so it's not like Kagura's the sharpest tool in the shed.... Poorly executed but at least an idea that makes it seem like they had something in mind for it beyond just tying two loose threads together.
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 15:34   Link #373
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Thess: that's a good analysis and might've been what they went for, but if that's what they wanted I think the writers really executed it poorly (I'm picking on them, not you), because there's been numerous prior occasions when Kagura's seen (or would at least know about) people outside the fated nexus doing stuff like what Zessica was doing for Amata: you have Jin giving up his life for Yunoha, you have Amata doing it for Mikono like three or four times (episode 5/6? again in 13? a few more times in 15?)...I'm probably forgetting a few here honestly, like Andy and MIX depending on how much of the Andy-MIXY battle he actually got a look at.
I acknowledge there were writings issues. Although from your point: Kagura didn't really see Jin and his reasons why he did it (unlike Mykage). There's also less impact if it's not a girl who is doing it (remember the opposites drawn are speaking of man and woman). Plus Jin and Amata were getting something in return. Same with MIX and Andy. Zessica's throwing her life away just like that without any romantic response (he knows this because Amata is fighting for Mikono). There's an expression of utter disbelief to her.

There's also the circumstances to take into account, he has hit rock bottom (symbolically and literally). Last episodes had him realized he killed his father (although it was Mykage's doing). I'm sure there's a lot more in his plate than before, despite his claims. I'm hoping the bluray releases will fix the narrative flow and an awful pacing (sp. regarding their parents. They came out portrayed as really dumb/irresponsible).
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 16:02   Link #374
bastek66
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
Ha, all main character hair and eye colors are complimentary.

Hair Amata Orange-Yellow, Mikono Blue-Violet
Eyes Violet-Red (Magenta to be precise), Light Green
bastek66 is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 16:05   Link #375
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Thess: even that rock bottom thing is funny to me though, because it's not at all clear from the writing that he's hit rock bottom at all. I think you're right and it's supposed to be rock bottom for him, but the fact is as far as he ought to know at that point he still has a real shot with Mikono, she's apologized for ignoring him before and been being friendly to him for several episodes...and it's been like a minute or two since he got captured.

Maybe the parents thing is supposed to be traumatic, but it didn't come across too traumatic to him in 25...so, , more ways bad writing is bad I guess, and yet more discrepancy between what you see and what it's supposed to be.
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 16:19   Link #376
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Thess: even that rock bottom thing is funny to me though, because it's not at all clear from the writing that he's hit rock bottom at all. I think you're right and it's supposed to be rock bottom for him, but the fact is as far as he ought to know at that point he still has a real shot with Mikono, she's apologized for ignoring him before and been being friendly to him for several episodes...and it's been like a minute or two since he got captured.
He fell down into the ground, lamenting to himself after Mykage mindscrewed up and trapped him within hi world. If that's not rock bottom, I don't know what it is. Now I agree the execution was subpar, but they weren't aiming for subtlety with their disappearing staircase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Ha, all main character hair and eye colors are complimentary.

Hair Amata Orange-Yellow, Mikono Blue-Violet
Eyes Violet-Red (Magenta to be precise), Light Green
Yes, they were probably aiming for the yin-yang thing color scheme wise with our main characters.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 16:28   Link #377
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
I guess to me rock bottom is a lot further down and more Zessica-esque, he just seemed a bit down. He honestly seemed more torn up when he was in the vine cage watching Jin attack way back when... more sloppy execution?

The staircase I think they mostly used just to reuse his jumping animation from one of the earlier episodes..., but it's not exactly subtle symbolism either.
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 18:44   Link #378
Amata Sora
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Here, There and right behind you btw I like your house
So, Evol and Ancient fused and created LOVE, which seems to only need one person to pilot it, as the same with Ancient. Well good for you Amata, you now have the most powerful mecha in existance
Amata Sora is offline  
Old 2012-06-27, 18:47   Link #379
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata Sora View Post
So, Evol and Ancient fused and created LOVE, which seems to only need one person to pilot it, as the same with Ancient. Well good for you Amata, you now have the most powerful mecha in existance
Probably from the OVA: like the third pilot was necessary because the love was considered destructive and negative. However Kagura changed that with his hax reverse (otherwise berserker Aquarion would have been bad news).

Mikono and Amata are the pilots. Or anyone in love I would reckon.

Kagura: the hero of love.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-06-28, 05:29   Link #380
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
After a long wait and tons of confusion.... the ending is just the same. Amata x Mikono rocks!!!! The long parting came to an end... No more 12,000 of misery!
NoemiChan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.