AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-27, 01:25   Link #1621
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, to be fair, Toki's power is "the same old stuff" too. We saw that in the Quarterfinals.
Ah, but the thing is. We're seeing Toki's power be pushed beyond her limits, where as in the Quarterfinals, she romped and cruised her way through. Toki isn't the top dog in this semi-final. It's Teru. That's a difference right now.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 02:57   Link #1622
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Actually, ED2 (Futuristic Player) is their character song. Just look at the meaning of a lyric.

There is a blog that analyze ED2 but I can't find the link for you right now.
You mean this? Onjouji Toki, cutting though the future.

And adding change the future(Ranking)...
__________________

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-27 at 03:52.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 07:53   Link #1623
JW1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
We can see as far back as episode 3, when Achiga first ran into Toki, an episode called contact, that Toki was destined to be a very major (the major?) character; she even gets her own little bit of background music, something (I think) none of the other cast gets.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 13:32   Link #1624
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
One of the bonuses with the first Blu-Ray is cover versions of the first season's ending themes - the ones done in SD - by Team Achiga. Now all that's left is for some MAD artist to put that concept to video.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 19:19   Link #1625
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
We can see as far back as episode 3, when Achiga first ran into Toki, an episode called contact, that Toki was destined to be a very major (the major?) character; she even gets her own little bit of background music, something (I think) none of the other cast gets.
Well, if the wai wai vers. got show her, maybe it is...

As for BGM wise, some will have some will not...

I wonder who is the true hero for the season...

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34693/

I was like lol-ing at the votes... Got feeling someone vote more than enough.(There are no limits set there.)
__________________

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-27 at 19:35.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:54   Link #1626
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
One of the bonuses with the first Blu-Ray is cover versions of the first season's ending themes - the ones done in SD - by Team Achiga. Now all that's left is for some MAD artist to put that concept to video.
If Ako and Shizuno or Kuro and Yuu covered Saki and Nodoka's ED song I will die from awesomeness probably
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 22:01   Link #1627
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
If Ako and Shizuno or Kuro and Yuu covered Saki and Nodoka's ED song I will die from awesomeness probably
Who won't? Even I will die...

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34693/

Help vote Toki(She is going to do a heroic sacrifice against Teru.).. Someone over voted the 1st place like mad.(283 votes in 8 hours, most likely done by a single user by using proxy. Note: You can vote many times with a limit.)
__________________

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-27 at 22:18.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:13   Link #1628
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Who won't? Even I will die...

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34693/

Help vote Toki(She is going to do a heroic sacrifice against Teru.).. Someone over voted the 1st place like mad.(283 votes in 8 hours, most likely done by a single user by using proxy. Note: You can vote many times with a limit.)
Yeah, some kind of pissing match going on there. Second place's votes nearly doubled, placing her ~60 votes above Toki when I looked at it earlier today, but now Toki's bounced back to first by three votes and both of them still increasing. I'm glad that Toki's winning again but honestly, with the obvious bullshit surrounding how 2nd place jumped up so quick this poll is looking pretty dumb.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 28/5 :: Locodol 50/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sabagebu 28/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
Fall: Sora no Method 21/5 :: Karen Senki 6/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 23/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:31   Link #1629
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Yeah, some kind of pissing match going on there. Second place's votes nearly doubled, placing her ~60 votes above Toki when I looked at it earlier today, but now Toki's bounced back to first by three votes and both of them still increasing. I'm glad that Toki's winning again but honestly, with the obvious bullshit surrounding how 2nd place jumped up so quick this poll is looking pretty dumb.
Because I asked my friends, my net friends to help.(Use any iPhones, computer anything also can.) Toki is more heroic than the 2nd place...(Her heroic stance is one that we must remember... So all of us here, please vote till you can't vote anymore.)
__________________
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:35   Link #1630
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Haha. Well, if even international viewers can vote, then why not contribute, I guess. I went through the list and voted for every character I saw from Saki, lol (and also Natsuiro Kiseki, though there were only two, sadly :P).
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 28/5 :: Locodol 50/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sabagebu 28/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
Fall: Sora no Method 21/5 :: Karen Senki 6/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 23/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:40   Link #1631
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamato, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
If Ako and Shizuno or Kuro and Yuu covered Saki and Nodoka's ED song I will die from awesomeness probably


What an epitaph!

"Here lies Konakaga ... he suffered death by over-exposure to awesomeness. May his soul find peace." (Err ... assuming you are a he of course.)

In any event - back on topic I would also like to hear an ED song dedicated to Saki and Nodoka.

That being said, I kinda like the fact that Toki is getting as much attention as she is - I find I very much like her character.
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:52   Link #1632
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
On the production side of things, I really have to wonder what the studio (and Ritz by extension) is thinking about Toki's surprise popularity. I don't the intent was to take the focus away from the Achiga-girls, but that's what it's appearing to be doing now. Remember, Toki and her friends have about the same episodes devoted to them as Tsuruga and Momo (this includes the parts with Yumi of course), and yet in Achiga-hen it seems a substantial chunk of the story so far (large parts of 4 episodes out of a 12-episode series!).

If the extra episodes are indeed going to be used to put the spotlight back on on Achiga, well, it's a very delayed effort, especially since they ARE using extra-seasonal content to do so.
__________________
Myssa Rei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:52   Link #1633
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Haha. Well, if even international viewers can vote, then why not contribute, I guess. I went through the list and voted for every character I saw from Saki, lol (and also Natsuiro Kiseki, though there were only two, sadly :P).
Lets contribute... spread it to your friends through any social networks possible...

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34693/

The guy strikes back again. This time increase by 60
__________________

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-28 at 00:41.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 04:23   Link #1634
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On the production side of things, I really have to wonder what the studio (and Ritz by extension) is thinking about Toki's surprise popularity. I don't the intent was to take the focus away from the Achiga-girls, but that's what it's appearing to be doing now. Remember, Toki and her friends have about the same episodes devoted to them as Tsuruga and Momo (this includes the parts with Yumi of course), and yet in Achiga-hen it seems a substantial chunk of the story so far (large parts of 4 episodes out of a 12-episode series!).
I don't think they will be surprise. More like this is what they want from the start.

With these settings
- Toki x Ryuuka is the only yuri pair in achiga-hen. (
- Toki character type is Kuudere. (This type of character is loved by almost everyone! included me)
- A Sick girl who risk her life for her team.
- Bad-ass power!

It's clear from the start that they want viewers/readers to love her!!!!


I like how Ritz designs her characters . She makes every characters memorable and unique. From MC to a throw-away character. Hell, she even gives all of them the names.


.................................................. ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Lets contribute... spread it to your friends through any social networks possible...

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34693/

The guy strikes back again. This time increase by 60
Who's the character in the 1st we are fighting with?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 04:35   Link #1635
kona~chan
人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [Zettai Ryouiki]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post


Who's the character in the 1st we are fighting with?
kuroyukihime from accel world, well this will be hard
__________________

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 04:36   Link #1636
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I don't think they will be surprise. More like this is what they want from the start.

With these settings
- Toki x Ryuuka is the only yuri pair in achiga-hen. (
- Toki character type is Kuudere. (This type of character is loved by almost everyone! included me)
- A Sick girl who risk her life for her team.
- Bad-ass power!

It's clear from the start that they want viewers/readers to love her!!!!


I like how Ritz designs her characters . She makes every characters memorable and unique. From MC to a throw-away character. Hell, she even gives all of them the names.


.................................................. ...............



Who's the character in the 1st we are fighting with?
Who? Kuroyukihime/ Black Lotus.

Back on topic...(I think there is no way to beat such poeple.)
Spoiler for 11:


Who bawled after watching this scene and the one after?
__________________

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-28 at 07:43.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 08:04   Link #1637
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I don't think they will be surprise. More like this is what they want from the start.

With these settings
- Toki x Ryuuka is the only yuri pair in achiga-hen.
What there are others still! I mean even ignoring the obvious shipping of AkoxShizuno due to childhood friends and KuroxYuu due to Kuro's siscon Arata x Harue is undeniable , I mean they're sharing a room for a second time at the nationals and Arata has a crushed on her sinces the start of the series .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
"Here lies Konakaga ... she suffered death by over-exposure to awesomeness. May her soul find peace." (Err ... assuming you are a she of course.)
She , and I meant if they covered "Zankoku Na Negai No Naka De" the duet ED song by Nodoka and Saki for particular episodes of the first season .
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 08:56   Link #1638
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
What there are others still! I mean even ignoring the obvious shipping of AkoxShizuno due to childhood friends and KuroxYuu due to Kuro's siscon Arata x Harue is undeniable , I mean they're sharing a room for a second time at the nationals and Arata has a crushed on her sinces the start of the series .



She , and I meant if they covered "Zankoku Na Negai No Naka De" the duet ED song by Nodoka and Saki for particular episodes of the first season .
Err... Sisterly and childhood love not allowed in Saki?
__________________
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 09:55   Link #1639
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
Haha. Well, if even international viewers can vote, then why not contribute, I guess. I went through the list and voted for every character I saw from Saki, lol (and also Natsuiro Kiseki, though there were only two, sadly :P).
Great idea!!!
I can't read the moonrunes and I'm too lazy to check the dictionary or match it to a character name so I'll just vote every character on the list that is said to come from Saki! Its absolutely perfect considering I like every character in this series so there is absolute no worries of wrong votes!... Thx for the tip Sol.
Hmm... there seems to be a lot of Saki character on the list too! Yey!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga
She , and I meant if they covered "Zankoku Na Negai No Naka De" the duet ED song by Nodoka and Saki for particular episodes of the first season .
Zankoku Na Negai No Naka De or Inside a Cruel Wish is one of my fav song from the original series... That along with "Futuristic Player" from Achiga is fighting for my fav op/ed song...



Anyway regarding the vanguard match, wouldn't it be tactically better for Toki to just let Teru drop someone to zero?

Toki has a power that will protect her from Teru's rons as long it is working and she has considerable lead to the third player... Considering that all the dealer streaks has been stopped partially because of Toki's precognition if she doesn't actively try to stop Teru's rampage the vanguard match might be already be over and I'm 80% sure that Senriyama would be second due to Toki avoiding Teru's direct onslaught (ron) with her precognition unlike the other players.

In this scenario, Kirame will most likely clinch third since her ability is to avoid going below zero and thus Kuro will go below zero due her hand being an easy target.

The outlined strategy above would allow Toki to get some first hand experience and data regarding Teru. And since Senriyama likes to analyze stuff, it might help them prepare a good strategy for the finals. It would also conserve Toki's flagging stamina...

Of course this strategy from a certain perspective can be considered cowardly and dishonorable... And depending on the presentation my liking of Toki might go down a few notches if she tries this...
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 10:04   Link #1640
Qilin
Romanticist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Anyway regarding the vanguard match, wouldn't it be tactically better for Toki to just let Teru drop someone to zero?

Toki has a power that will protect her from Teru's rons as long it is working and she has considerable lead to the third player... Considering that all the dealer streaks has been stopped partially because of Toki's precognition if she doesn't actively try to stop Teru's rampage the vanguard match might be already be over and I'm 80% sure that Senriyama would be second due to Toki avoiding Teru's direct onslaught (ron) with her precognition unlike the other players.

In this scenario, Kirame will most likely clinch third since her ability is to avoid going below zero and thus Kuro will go below zero due her hand being an easy target.

The outlined strategy above would allow Toki to get some first hand experience and data regarding Teru. And since Senriyama likes to analyze stuff, it might help them prepare a good strategy for the finals. It would also conserve Toki's flagging stamina...

Of course this strategy from a certain perspective can be considered cowardly and dishonorable... And depending on the presentation my liking of Toki might go down a few notches if she tries this...
I've been wondering the exact same thing.

With things as they are, Senriyama could probably end up in 2nd place if Toki doesn't push herself too much. After all, her power is perfect for defending against direct hits from Teru, so she could probably manage it without pushing herself too much.

The back of my head is telling me that it's all for the drama, but can I can't help but look for a more substantial reason.
__________________
Damaged Goods
"There’s an up higher than up, but at the very top, down is all there is."
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.