AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-22, 13:02   Link #221
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Hide and Seek is definitelynot a good game for someone as tall as Atsushi. At least, the two policewoman know that he is a grade-schooler like the rest of the kids they met. Also, the girl with glasses who stalks Morita from Morita-san made an appearance. I am going to miss these short clips by next week. Maybe there will be another cameo appearance of another show in the making. At least, I hope.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:12   Link #222
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Spoiler for End:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:44   Link #223
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for End:
100% Agreed. Hadn't they done that, I most likely would've enjoyed this show more.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 11:17   Link #224
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for End:
100% Agreed. Hadn't they done that, I most likely would've enjoyed this show more.
Agreed wholeheartedly. They seriously could have done something else to end it.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 23:15   Link #225
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
OVAs 1 and 2 were quite good - no arrests in sight. I especially liked the bartending one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 01:03   Link #226
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
OVAs 1 and 2 were quite good - no arrests in sight. I especially liked the bartending one.
No arrests was probably because there were cops that actually knew him (though only because they caught him in the original series).

I'm surprised Atsumi didn't question Take-nii's recruiting methods, or even where he worked. Maybe it's because she didn't have to get her brother out of jail again.

And poor Sayo will probably never get over her crush on Atsushi, despite knowing what he really is.

So yeah, quite enjoyable OVAs, I didn't expect the show to still be able to come with some genuine good stuff.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 03:07   Link #227
FDW
AH.com Ambassador
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area
Well, this was a fun show to watch during the spring, and I do hope that we might be able to see more of beyond the OVA's (Rating: 8.0)
__________________
Blame Thande!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 09:20   Link #228
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Well, this was a fun show to watch during the spring, and I do hope that we might be able to see more of beyond the OVA's (Rating: 8.0)
I'd only support that notion if they'd cut the 'Atsushi = pedophile' jokes (or anything else that lands him in jail for something he didn't do) and do more with the supporting characters. I'm sure they could do a lot more with Sayo's crush on Atsushi and I can only recall one or two instances where Atsumi's height issues were toyed with.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 15:20   Link #229
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
No arrests was probably because there were cops that actually knew him (though only because they caught him in the original series).

I'm surprised Atsumi didn't question Take-nii's recruiting methods, or even where he worked. Maybe it's because she didn't have to get her brother out of jail again.
All she got was that Atsushi hung out at Take-nii's workplace. Not that it was a bar, or that Atsushi actually worked there.

Quote:
And poor Sayo will probably never get over her crush on Atsushi, despite knowing what he really is.
I don't think she's that serious. All she needs is to find another tall, athletic, handsome guy. Preferably closer to her age.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.