AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 78 49.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 27.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 8.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 8.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.90%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-29, 12:04   Link #221
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Great episode, though Saber's parts just didn't seem anywhere near as good as the other parts. I just couldn't bring myself to care about her storyline with Lancelot. I was more like "get along with it" I understand her regret and it certainly wasn't bad, but for the face of the franchise it seems underwhelming.
Well what did you expect? I found the scene to be pretty good. But yeah I agree the other parts were more interesting. Can you even call Saber the face of the franchise. I see her as the face of FSN, since Iskandar got much more love in Zero then she did.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 12:54   Link #222
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Well what did you expect? I found the scene to be pretty good. But yeah I agree the other parts were more interesting. Can you even call Saber the face of the franchise. I see her as the face of FSN, since Iskandar got much more love in Zero then she did.
Well, when I think of the Fate series, I think of her.

Also, "good" isn't enough to cut it in a series like Fate/Zero, sadly. ;p It was hardly bad, it's just that I find characters like Kirei and Emiya far more compelling over "QQ I regret being king" for the 135th time. And sure, I understand that Kitsurugu is the main character and has the focus.

Also, it didn't help that her VA was slightly overacting these two episodes. Not by much, but a bit and I know her VA is usually excellent.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 13:11   Link #223
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, when I think of the Fate series, I think of her.

Also, "good" isn't enough to cut it in a series like Fate/Zero, sadly. ;p It was hardly bad, it's just that I find characters like Kirei and Emiya far more compelling over "QQ I regret being king" for the 135th time. And sure, I understand that Kitsurugu is the main character and has the focus.

Also, it didn't help that her VA was slightly overacting these two episodes. Not by much, but a bit and I know her VA is usually excellent.
She was a girl who had to live the life of a king. Remember Iskandars words. She is sad because of what happened to one of her closest followers and that she wasn't even able to understand him. She feels as if she has failed as a king. I believe the way she was acting is perfectly suitable for what she went through. I couldn't expect any more from her.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 13:12   Link #224
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
She was a girl who had to live the life of a king. Remember Iskandars words. She is sad because of what happened to one of her closest followers and that she wasn't even able to understand him. She feels as if she has failed as a king. I believe the way she is acting is perfectly suitable for what she went through. I couldn't expect any more from her.
Yes, I know. The first half told me much about that. I'm almost sick of it. But the impact of that, and her fight against Lancelot just didn't seem to cut it on an emotional level.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 19:26   Link #225
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yes, I know. The first half told me much about that. I'm almost sick of it. But the impact of that, and her fight against Lancelot just didn't seem to cut it on an emotional level.
Because they cut those parts. They even said they will have the full length episodes in the bluray.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 22:53   Link #226
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Because they cut those parts. They even said they will have the full length episodes in the bluray.
*Shrugs* That doesn't change any of my thoughts. It might change in the future though, but I don't have a particular urge to go view the bluray as it comes out any time soon.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 00:53   Link #227
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Honestly, amongst all the dull characters this series gave me, I thought Saber was one of the more interesting ones because her honor is actually challenged in an interesting way. I don't think those blu-rays are going to benefit me in any way, because there's just no way the added material is going to make me like the characters.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 01:29   Link #228
Touko
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Honestly, amongst all the dull characters this series gave me, I thought Saber was one of the more interesting ones because her honor is actually challenged in an interesting way. I don't think those blu-rays are going to benefit me in any way, because there's just no way the added material is going to make me like the characters.
Sabre is as dull as you can get.

"I AM HONOUR AND CHIVALRY. I WAS A BAD KING, EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE SAID I WAS GOOD. WHAT DID YOU SAY? I WAS WRONG? NA, I STILL WANT TO REDO THE SELECTION OF THE KING. NANANA, CAN'T HEAR U"
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 04:39   Link #229
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Personally I thought Kirei and Kitsurugu were the most compelling, even if the later came so late. And then Rider was the spotlight stealer even if the depth was limited, so he clocks in at 3rd.

The first had the start of darkness and slowly declined into it. The later was just a tool of war trying to find some meaning in life and will just have to live with these regrets his whole life. But what else was there to do? He was a classic doomed tragic hero, or actually anti-hero in this case. There's just something striking about that empty look in his eyes, trying to search for survivors and a little emotion shone through when he did. Someone that's completely broken-- and that's a disturbing image this show will leave behind.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:47   Link #230
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Personally I thought Kirei and Kitsurugu were the most compelling, even if the later came so late. And then Rider was the spotlight stealer even if the depth was limited, so he clocks in at 3rd.

The first had the start of darkness and slowly declined into it. The later was just a tool of war trying to find some meaning in life and will just have to live with these regrets his whole life. But what else was there to do? He was a classic doomed tragic hero, or actually anti-hero in this case. There's just something striking about that empty look in his eyes, trying to search for survivors and a little emotion shone through when he did. Someone that's completely broken-- and that's a disturbing image this show will leave behind.
Kirei's one of the most compelling villains in TYPE-Moon (if not the most compelling), the problem I had with the anime is that they completely messed up his characterization sometimes (they rushed a lot of things, cut his emotional reactions, cut his flashback about his wife's suicide, didn't alluded to his backstory of how he's a masochistic determinator, etc). He's so interesting that captures the attention of perpetually bored with this mongrel world Gilgamesh.

A good fangirlish ode/analysis of Kotomine Kirei someone made if you're interested in reading it. There're spoilers to FSN.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-06-30 at 15:11.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:58   Link #231
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28
I like the ending. The development of all the characters are very logical; there are no plotholes that I can see. On the other hand, nothing from the ending really stood out to me. It just didn't blow me away. I gave the episode a 8/10; same for the series.

Out of all of the characters, Kitsurugu is definitely my favorite (Saber is probably my least favorite).
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 15:04   Link #232
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
Sabre is as dull as you can get.

"I AM HONOUR AND CHIVALRY. I WAS A BAD KING, EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE SAID I WAS GOOD. WHAT DID YOU SAY? I WAS WRONG? NA, I STILL WANT TO REDO THE SELECTION OF THE KING. NANANA, CAN'T HEAR U"
IIRC, it's because her kingdom self-destructed near the end. It's the outcome that matters to her. That speaks louder to her than any praise about her being great, righteous, or correct.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 17:44   Link #233
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
End of War: Fate Zero

This is it! The ending, closure, aftermath, and epilogue to Fate Zero.

Now that Kiritsugu's overall story from the Fourth Holy Grail War has concluded the overall plot of the Fate universe has come full circle, that is for those of us who watched Fate/stay Night over six years ago.

What a closure summoning forth levels of high and best movie-film quality ever.

If there's one show to win for best anime of the year, then I nominate Fate Zero for: best characters- in terms of personalities, their philosophical ways of thinking, interactions with other characters, and dramatization; best pacing; best writing and editing- the writers knew all the way how to play their cards; best animation; best score and musical soundtrack; and best series of the year.

Now moving on to the characters that were given focus in the last episode.
Spoiler for Illyasviel:


Spoiler for Rin:


Spoiler for Kirei and Archer:


Spoiler for Kariya:


Spoiler for Saber:


Spoiler for Kiritsugu Emiya:


Spoiler for Shirou:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 17:49   Link #234
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
Sabre is as dull as you can get.

"I AM HONOUR AND CHIVALRY. I WAS A BAD KING, EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE SAID I WAS GOOD. WHAT DID YOU SAY? I WAS WRONG? NA, I STILL WANT TO REDO THE SELECTION OF THE KING. NANANA, CAN'T HEAR U"
To be fair, it's kinda hard to consider yourself a good king when you're standing on top of the pile of corpses of your own men which symbolises the destruction of your kingdom. XP

Plus I don't think Saber heard him when he said she was a good king
__________________
Haak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 03:48   Link #235
Allium
Binding flower wreaths
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The pale blue dot...


Can anyone confirm this?
__________________
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:44   Link #236
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
not confirmed at all. Most likely just a rumour
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:31   Link #237
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Yeah, because if a HF anime were to be announced it would totally be in a crappy panel with JManga...
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 15:04   Link #238
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post


Can anyone confirm this?
It's not confirmed. Ufotable wants to animate it (according to people in Anime Expo), but it's up to Type-Moon to greenlight the project and get resources for it (since they wanted it to be even better than F/Z). They were excited and eager to do this if given the chance. They'll probably try to negotiate.

Geneon has the rights of FSN, but they could choose ufotable as the studio to animate HF (they chose Deen for Fate and UBW).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah, because if a HF anime were to be announced it would totally be in a crappy panel with JManga...
It's not that, but it's not the first time it'll happen. They announced Hellsing OVAs in a crappy panel in Europe con with a poorly photoshopped ad with manga images. Nobody thought it was anything but a joke.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:12   Link #239
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post


Can anyone confirm this?
Fate/Zero skyrocketed the standard for what Epicness has to be for the whole TYPE-MOON universe.

Seriously, guys we need to have TYPE-MOON greenlighting the project for Heaven's Feel to be animated, and we all agree that UFO TABLE should be animating it as well.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 10:39   Link #240
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Spoiler for Rin:
Spoiler for Rin:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler for Kariya:
Spoiler for Kariya:
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.