AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-24, 15:30   Link #501
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Still think she was stupid...she kept a promise and didn't tell on Hody and what did that accomplish? Nearly everything in this arc could have been avoided had she told her father the truth and they caught Hody before he became a threat.
However, what do you expect from a naive kid locked in a tower since she was 5 or 6 years old for 10 years? One of the last things she experienced in the outside world was her tearfelt promise with her dying mom. It wasn't a smart move, but it was an understandable move, given the circumstances.

Real blame should be squarely placed on the instigators (Hody and Decken), not the victim.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:34   Link #502
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Still think she was stupid...she kept a promise and didn't tell on Hody and what did that accomplish? Nearly everything in this arc could have been avoided had she told her father the truth and they caught Hody before he became a threat.
Otohime and Shirahoshi watched too much Naruto and wanted to end their own cycle of hatred. It didn't work out though, obviously.

I have to say that the way the episode sent Hodi flying into that mountain was really really well done. Also, I liked hearing my favorite One Piece track again, when Luffy's crew jumped off the Thousand Sunny.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 11:30   Link #503
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Also, I liked hearing my favorite One Piece track again
It's pretty epic.

Incidentally does anyone know what that piece is called?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 12:30   Link #504
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
A stupid move is still a stupid move. Had Luffy and co not been around to save their asses she and her family would be dead. There's a major difference between harboring a grudge and making someone pay for his crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
It's pretty epic.

Incidentally does anyone know what that piece is called?
Overtaken
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 16:54   Link #505
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Like I said before, if anything Luffy should be around Ace's level. Even Marco, who was pretty much WB's second in command, was only able to handle Kizaru for only a bit before getting his ass kicked. If Luffy was admiral level he'd be pretty much one of the strongest characters in One Piece, we're around the halfway point in the story, it's just bad story telling to have Luffy, who has been growing till now, suddenly be one of the top strongest.
I know it's late but sorry to bring this up.. Marco didn't get his ass kicked lmao.. and he was pretty much equally matched up against Kizaru, he just got distracted because of Whitebeard..

Cool entry from the Straw Hats, doubt anything is going to happen next episode but we shall see
__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 17:05   Link #506
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
I know it's late but sorry to bring this up.. Marco didn't get his ass kicked lmao.. and he was pretty much equally matched up against Kizaru, he just got distracted because of Whitebeard..
Marco was matching Kizaru at the beginning, as the battle raged on Kizaru remained without a scratch (in fact every admiral and the fleet admiral except Akainu who went mano-a-mano with WB ended up without a scratch) but Marco and the other WB commanders were pretty busted up.
Plus there's also the fact that, he got distracted and payed for it...he was lucky he didn't get his head chopped off. You can't go "The only reason he got beaten was because he got distracted" because those are pretty much excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Cool entry from the Straw Hats, doubt anything is going to happen next episode but we shall see
You'll be pleasantly suprised. Remember, the whole of the SH crew is there, surrounded by 100.000 men and the NFP captains. Who could something NOT happen?
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 20:49   Link #507
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Marco was matching Kizaru at the beginning, as the battle raged on Kizaru remained without a scratch (in fact every admiral and the fleet admiral except Akainu who went mano-a-mano with WB ended up without a scratch) but Marco and the other WB commanders were pretty busted up.
Plus there's also the fact that, he got distracted and payed for it...he was lucky he didn't get his head chopped off. You can't go "The only reason he got beaten was because he got distracted" because those are pretty much excuses.


You'll be pleasantly suprised. Remember, the whole of the SH crew is there, surrounded by 100.000 men and the NFP captains. Who could something NOT happen?
First paragraph:
Like I said they got distracted leading them to lose in their fights, they were equally matched until WB had a heart attack, and I'm sure the Admirals had a hard time fighting WB's commanders.. So infact.. WB crew didn't really get owned because the admirals knew that they were having trouble and took the opportunity to strike the WB commanders once they had their guard down.

Second paragraph:
Maybe a flash back about how Zoro, Usoppo (However you spell his name) and Brook got out of the cage..
__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 22:00   Link #508
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Luffy's haki scene for some reason didn't feel as epic as it was in the manga.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 01:21   Link #509
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Nonetheless, it was epic Luffy, taking out 50,000 in an instant. I'm assuming since there seems to be a circle of knocked out guys in the center around Luffy that he must of only knocked out a small radius. The other 50,000 must be further out from the circle.

Jimbe's change of heart concerning the fight with Luffy during the flashback was really goofy. He should have done that in the first place instead of fighting Luffy.

Next week looks like we'll finally get some serious fighting action at last.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 01:34   Link #510
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have mixed feelings on this episode. The title was almost a total troll since it was more flashbacks about the planning than anything else. And yet Luffy defeated half the enemies in about a second so the episode kind of represented the fight itself. So while accurate, I was still left anxious for some actual action.

At least the next one doesn't look to be pulling tricks. We should actually see some fighting here. Think at least with the bandana on Zoro's look is about as good as it used to be. Still don't like the eye scar thing, but oh well.

On a side note kind of surprised that Shirahoshi herself wasn't knocked out. Doesn't seem like a very pinpoint ability. Of course in the end this was a pretty efficient way to whittle down the enemies. Since most aren't that tough they would only have been an issue of pure numbers.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:02   Link #511
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Luffy - Jinbei little conflict was interesting.
Luffy sure has a unique way of seeing things.
So the first part was the prequel to the whole rescue.
Well, it was interesting watching how Brook and the others were saved.
Unfortunately Hordy was not so easy to beat -> 10 vs 100 000
Luffy was amazingly strong, just wow!!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:43   Link #512
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On a side note kind of surprised that Shirahoshi herself wasn't knocked out. Doesn't seem like a very pinpoint ability.
Rayleigh was able to KO everyone in the auction house except a few those he wanted awake. By now Luffy should be experienced enough to target only the enemy when using Kings haki. Another example is when he KOed the Fakehats while spectators remained unharmed.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:11   Link #513
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
^Lol, wow.

Just wow.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:00   Link #514
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
^Lol, wow.

Just wow.
One Piece relies heavily on suspension of disbelief, I don't know why you're so surprised.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:12   Link #515
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
One Piece relies heavily on suspension of disbelief, I don't know why you're so surprised.
I'm surprised that someone is nitpicking at such a small thing when we have rubber men, pain being repelled, flying islands etc.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:13   Link #516
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I'm surprised that someone is nitpicking at such a small thing when we have rubber men, pain being repelled, flying islands etc.
You're saying that as if it all doesn't happen naturally in real life :I
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:02   Link #517
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Me still does not understand how they able to count so fast. They realise Luffy KO exactly 50.000 in a second. Me confused
Maybe if they said, look at it, about half of us are down, but no. And even realizing about half are down within such a big army is impossible. I mean, with 100.000 you can't really see the wholy army, especially if you're part of it.
i doubt they counted the defeated down to the last man. it was more like an estimation. i guess when oda said it in the manga it's merely to show how powerful luffy really is. it would have been better if they only said he knocked down almost half of the fishman pirates though so i get where you're coming from. still, don't think too much on it. just enjoy the badass-ness of this episode.

Quote:
Marco was matching Kizaru at the beginning, as the battle raged on Kizaru remained without a scratch (in fact every admiral and the fleet admiral except Akainu who went mano-a-mano with WB ended up without a scratch) but Marco and the other WB commanders were pretty busted up. Plus there's also the fact that, he got distracted and payed for it...he was lucky he didn't get his head chopped off. You can't go "The only reason he got beaten was because he got distracted" because those are pretty much excuses
that and the possibility that kizaru is far more experienced than marco battle-wise. judging from marco's appearance, he couldn't be more than 30 maybe. i'm thinking early 20s. while kizaru is probably in his late 30s or early 40s. he's obviously a veteran fighter and highly trained too. not to mention his ability allows him to literally travel at the speed of light. if you're that fast, no one could touch you no matter how powerful your enemies are. they would have to match his speed or figure out a way to slow him down if they hope to take him out.

Quote:
Luffy's haki scene for some reason didn't feel as epic as it was in the manga.
i disagree. when he used haki to take down half of the fishman pirates and the song "the strongest" started playing, i thought it was pretty darn epic! i associate that song with shanks and i felt it's only fitting that luffy gets to "borrow" that song while using his strongest haki.

i liked what zoro said about how he expected that much from his captain otherwise luffy would have to step down.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 02:43   Link #518
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
The episode was prolonged but still felt good. I liked it. I personally liked the whole thing with Zoro and the Co and how they got out. I was always wondering how they got out. Oda should have put something like that in Manga if you ask me.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 10:11   Link #519
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
i don't know if anyone feels the same way as I do but I HATE the sound effect used when luffy unleashes Haoshoku Haki... it's not as powerful as I would like and sounds kinda annoying too...

btw, the animation in ep 554 was subpar
__________________
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 10:50   Link #520
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
.but this one was never explained (and there is no explanation to it actually)
Or the explanation is just that you can see quite clearly that approximately half of 100,000 people are passed out, which equates to roughly 50,000.

If you want to do some nitpicking, then its obvious that at least in the anime there were significantly less than 100,000 individuals in that scene. An army of 100,000 does not look like that.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.