AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-01, 21:40   Link #121
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Well, just playing devil's advocate here but...
Spoiler for HoshiKaka:


So yeah, it all boils down again to three options that VN adaptations usually go through. They are...

1) the canon route, or what people consider as 'more canon' than the other heroine routes (be it because she's the cover girl or whatnot). From what I hear, it's Chitose because of something pertaining to chocolate, but don't quote me on that

2) the fan favourite route. Option 1 happens more often, but option 2 is happening with greater frequency

3) harem route, whether it would be the tenchi muyo style with no clear winner, or everyone wins.


I personally am rooting for 1 for obvious reasons, but I have dreaded feeling that option 2 is going to happen because I have heard that Satsuki's following dwarfs every other heroines.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:52   Link #122
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Saw Katsuhiko Takayama among the staff, and because I enjoyed Tasogare Otome Amnesia, then this should be a good watch as well.

I don't mind the boob-jiggling, actually. Remember that their very uniform actually pushes up the breasts of the girls, so it should be no surprise.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 05:39   Link #123
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So yeah, it all boils down again to three options that VN adaptations usually go through. They are...

1) the canon route, or what people consider as 'more canon' than the other heroine routes (be it because she's the cover girl or whatnot). From what I hear, it's Chitose because of something pertaining to chocolate, but don't quote me on that

2) the fan favourite route. Option 1 happens more often, but option 2 is happening with greater frequency

3) harem route, whether it would be the tenchi muyo style with no clear winner, or everyone wins.

I personally am rooting for 1 for obvious reasons, but I have dreaded feeling that option 2 is going to happen because I have heard that Satsuki's following dwarfs every other heroines.
Spoiler for Mashiro-iro Symphony:


What I'd prefer for 12 episodes would be for the series to focus on the two most popular heroines first, being Chitose and Satsuki, then tying up the others in another series or BD-only episodes.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-02 at 11:11. Reason: added spoiler tags for reference to another anime
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 05:56   Link #124
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Spoiler for Mashiro-iro Symphony:
Spoiler for Mashiro-iro Symphony:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
What I'd prefer for 12 episodes would be for the series to focus on the two most popular heroines first, being Chitose and Satsuki, then tying up the others in another series or BD-only episodes.
I have my doubts about this idea, because making episodes are rather costly. If they had the budget and time to bother making extra episodes, why wouldn't they air it in the first place?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-02 at 11:12. Reason: added spoiler tags
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:02   Link #125
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I have my doubts about this idea, because making episodes are rather costly. If they had the budget and time to bother making extra episodes, why wouldn't they air it in the first place?
Studios do it because they don't have the time and money to get it on air in the first place. Take Bakemonogatari or P4.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:18   Link #126
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Studios do it because they don't have the time and money to get it on air in the first place. Take Bakemonogatari or P4.
So what does this have to do with the BD extras? Seeing that the studios are already paying for the timeslots to air their animes on the tv stations in the first place.

Also extra episodes are mostly viable on shows that are 100% sure that they will be succesfull, Seeing that the most recent eroge adaptations besides Yosuga no Sora (which surprised some that it had high sales) did fairly poorly, I have my doubts that they are already counting on a succes for this adaptation.
The only thing that they are sure to count on is that this anime will likely promote the upcoming all ages VN "Ima Sugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai!" and the psp port of koichoco just like that the Mashiro iro Symphony anime promoted the Mutsu no Hana psp game(eventhough that game was released slightly before the anime)

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-02 at 07:44. Reason: forgot about the psp port >_<'
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 21:12   Link #127
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Also extra episodes are mostly viable on shows that are 100% sure that they will be successful, Seeing that the most recent eroge adaptations besides Yosuga no Sora (which surprised some that it had high sales) did fairly poorly, I have my doubts that they are already counting on a success for this adaptation.
What, Majikoi's anime adaptation didn't do too well? Even with all the vocal talent in the show and game?

And if Yosuga no Sora did so well, I'm still at a loss as to why that team isn't behind another eroge adaptation (Moshiraba from Palette would have been great), or even just animating the Haruka na Sora fandisc routes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
The only thing that they are sure to count on is that this anime will likely promote the upcoming all ages VN "Ima Sugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai!" and the psp port of koichoco just like that the Mashiro iro Symphony anime promoted the Mutsu no Hana psp game(even though that game was released slightly before the anime)
Then I'm amazed that Yosuga no Sora's anime adaptation was even green-lighted, given how reliant it was on taboo themes (and how the team "maximized the action and satisfaction"). YnS wasn't likely going to get an all-ages adaptation in the first place. At least the team made it so that all the fans of the main game were satisfied, rather than a "canon" route that neglects the majority of the fans. At least if KoiChoco does an adaptation with episodes split among the most popular heroines being wooed and "won" by the protagonist, they'll satisfy twice as many fans as opposed to a typical canon route.

Still, I'm looking forward to Kaori Mizuhashi's performance in this series. She was such a riot as Kokoro Fushikawa in Majikoi.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 21:24   Link #128
Iron Maw
Wandering Youth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I personally am rooting for 1 for obvious reasons, but I have dreaded feeling that option 2 is going to happen because I have heard that Satsuki's following dwarfs every other heroines.
As it should if there's any justice, sorry man.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 22:02   Link #129
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Then I'm amazed that Yosuga no Sora's anime adaptation was even green-lighted, given how reliant it was on taboo themes (and how the team "maximized the action and satisfaction"). YnS wasn't likely going to get an all-ages adaptation in the first place. At least the team made it so that all the fans of the main game were satisfied, rather than a "canon" route that neglects the majority of the fans. At least if KoiChoco does an adaptation with episodes split among the most popular heroines being wooed and "won" by the protagonist, they'll satisfy twice as many fans as opposed to a typical canon route.
I think that detailed discussion of this point would require spoilers that should be discussed in the game thread, but I can say that -- as you can see from the plot synopsis and trailer -- this is a story that revolves around a central fixed timeline that is external to the characters (i.e. "the election"). So any sort of split or branching setup is highly unlikely here, as there would just be way too much repetition and retread ground that wouldn't make for a good anime (even with a YnS type setup). I think you should expect them to merge as much as possible from the various routes into a single timeline, as I'd say with pretty high confidence that that's the most logical format for this story.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 22:18   Link #130
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
As it should if there's any justice, sorry man.
Damn you for crushing my hopes and dreams!

Regardless, Chitose FTW! Victory will be ever more sweet because it looked quite bleak.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 22:41   Link #131
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you should expect them to merge as much as possible from the various routes into a single timeline, as I'd say with pretty high confidence that that's the most logical format for this story.
Then this setting will be the same as other animated VN games. Every girl in one single swoop.

I will watch this one as well (if I had time)
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 07:36   Link #132
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Damn you for crushing my hopes and dreams!

Regardless, Chitose FTW! Victory will be ever more sweet because it looked quite bleak.
I like the all the girls here but yea really they can't beat Satsuki, she's simply just <3 and I fully expect the studio to take note that she is so loved. This would be one of them times where I have a pairing I want to see happen no matter what.

...unless we go the Amagami route which then all the girls win!

Problem solved!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 19:35   Link #133
Iron Maw
Wandering Youth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I like Chitose too, I just find Satsuki closer to my tastes.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 19:40   Link #134
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Images
Dengeki G
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'd be happy to see the MC end up with either Chitose or Satsuki.
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 20:01   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Images
Dengeki G
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'd be happy to see the MC end up with either Chitose or Satsuki.
Most people would be clustered around those two... Throw in catgirl Michiru as the third most popular.

...Though, I feel that Mifuyu have the best HCG scenes based on what I've found so far... You know... Just saying... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:07   Link #136
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Though, I feel that Mifuyu have the best HCG scenes based on what I've found so far... You know... Just saying... >.>
Judging a heroine based on their HCG without even knowing the context/story behind it? (Then again, I've little interest in HCGs unless I know the story that goes with it, so everyone's different...)

I will be curious to see how people's preferences change after the anime starts airing, if at all. I am assuming that a lot of the preferences so far are just based on character designs, story outlines, or maybe the manga(s).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:56   Link #137
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Most people would be clustered around those two... Throw in catgirl Michiru as the third most popular.

You know if one idn't know otherwise, judging by the how prominent she is you'd think Michiru is the main girl...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 23:04   Link #138
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You know if one idn't know otherwise, judging by the how prominent she is you'd think Michiru is the main girl...
She was a very popular character in the game, and has her own spin-off manga (SLC), so I expect she will have a fairly big role in the anime as well (in part to help direct people to that manga).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 23:24   Link #139
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
It's obvious that Chisato and Satsuki are probably the main heroines, but Chisato being the childhood friend has me worried that she'll get friendzoned badly.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 23:29   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Judging a heroine based on their HCG without even knowing the context/story behind it? (Then again, I've little interest in HCGs unless I know the story that goes with it, so everyone's different...)
I'm sure that's not the worst way you've heard of

But just saying... I had slightly higher expectations from Chitose or Satsuki's HCG... >.>

Oh, Michiru's another good one... If you're into that kind of thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I will be curious to see how people's preferences change after the anime starts airing, if at all. I am assuming that a lot of the preferences so far are just based on character designs, story outlines, or maybe the manga(s).
Everybody knows that Character Design equals Personality !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You know if one idn't know otherwise, judging by the how prominent she is you'd think Michiru is the main girl...
Yeah, when I first came across the VN, I had a hard time figuring out who the main heroine was- Chitose, Satsuki or Michiru Given how all three were featured equally prominent... The other two... Not so much...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-07-03 at 23:43.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.