AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-25, 08:41   Link #221
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28


I can't express how delighted I am my favorite slice of life anime of 2011 is getting a sequel. I never expected it to happen either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Seriously? I'm honestly shocked that it managed to get another one. Were the sales that good and I completely missed it?
It sold decently; around 4~5k per volume. It didn't bomb but it wasn't a hit either.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:49   Link #222
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
The second season is fantastic news!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:53   Link #223
Triple_R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm very glad this is getting a sequel. This was a superb "Healing Anime" show, the best "Healing Anime" of 2011, imo.

It's sales probably turned a decent profit given that I don't think this was a particularly high budget affair (not that it needed to be, of course, it's fine the way it is).
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 10:03   Link #224
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It sold decently; around 4~5k per volume. It didn't bomb but it wasn't a hit either.
I'm still surprised at the announcement. Maybe someone fells that the show has a lot more potential than came out of the first season and is willing to risk a second one. I for one don't mind it at all. I may have been disappointed by the first season but I thoroughly enjoyed the OVA so more Tamayura is something I can only welcome with open arms.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 22:05   Link #225
Flower
Celestial operations....
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Dilapidated Astronomy Observatory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm very glad this is getting a sequel. This was a superb "Healing Anime" show, the best "Healing Anime" of 2011, imo.

It's sales probably turned a decent profit given that I don't think this was a particularly high budget affair (not that it needed to be, of course, it's fine the way it is).
In some ways it was a high budget affair imo ... and that was in the exquisite and beautifully drawn backgrounds of the Seto Inland scenery and the cities - and this applies both to the OVA and the Hitotose season btw afaiac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm still surprised at the announcement. Maybe someone fells that the show has a lot more potential than came out of the first season and is willing to risk a second one. I for one don't mind it at all. I may have been disappointed by the first season but I thoroughly enjoyed the OVA so more Tamayura is something I can only welcome with open arms.
I don't mind either of course!

You know though, I am not really "surprised" ... I am delighted, yes, but somewhere inside myself I feel that this is a sort of "sequel project" to the Aria series - and as such I expected that the story would move along very, very slowly as it did in the latter, and that it would stretch over a few seasons. Admittedly this was also a hope, and it still is. If they can give a whole ... erm ... collection of series in the Tamayura "project" that will create as wonderful an effect as it did with Aria I will be one happy puppy!

And at the moment I certainly am! Wan!
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 05:33   Link #226
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I don't mind either of course!

You know though, I am not really "surprised" ... I am delighted, yes, but somewhere inside myself I feel that this is a sort of "sequel project" to the Aria series - and as such I expected that the story would move along very, very slowly as it did in the latter, and that it would stretch over a few seasons. Admittedly this was also a hope, and it still is. If they can give a whole ... erm ... collection of series in the Tamayura "project" that will create as wonderful an effect as it did with Aria I will be one happy puppy!

And at the moment I certainly am! Wan!
I'm a big fan of Aria myself but for a very specific reason I just couldn't get as attached to Tamayura as I did to the former. It took me a while to understand what it was but when it hit me it was clear as day: in Aria the city was very much a major character and we got to know it through the eyes of Akari. On Tamayura the city is just there, it's a simple backdrop to the characters. That would be completely fine however if some of the characters weren't borderline annoying and if the overall drive of the main character hadn't been completely solved during the OVA.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:58   Link #227
Flower
Celestial operations....
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Dilapidated Astronomy Observatory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm a big fan of Aria myself but for a very specific reason I just couldn't get as attached to Tamayura as I did to the former. It took me a while to understand what it was but when it hit me it was clear as day: in Aria the city was very much a major character and we got to know it through the eyes of Akari. On Tamayura the city is just there, it's a simple backdrop to the characters. That would be completely fine however if some of the characters weren't borderline annoying and if the overall drive of the main character hadn't been completely solved during the OVA.
I can see where you are coming from I think ... and it is a fair point. But for me the city (or even the planet?) was not as ... hmm ... "important" a character for me I guess. For me it was the characters themselves. So I guess there was no "absence" comparison wise for me when contrasting some aspects of Aria and Tamayura.

Of course, let's be fair. There HAS only been one season of the show thus far (and 4 15 minute OVAs, of course). Perhaps there will be more things that will be revealed. Season One really spent a lot of time world building more than anything else, after all....
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 21:45   Link #228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I'm not disliking this series... actually I like it much. But yeah, in ARIA the city/planet was a key character for the main character to come to know and love.
The homage series, "Sketchbook ~Full Colors~" is also a 'must see' in my opinion because it does a fair job of capturing the spirit of the feelings evoked...

Ah well, if they make more I'll keep watching. Guess I ought to see if they licensed it for R1...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 13:26   Link #229
Raghe
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vigo (Spain)
Ep. 5'5 images

Spoiler for Pic:
Raghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 15:47   Link #230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
^Looks great. I can't wait to see it <3
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 21:46   Link #231
Flower
Celestial operations....
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Dilapidated Astronomy Observatory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghe View Post
Ep. 5'5 images

Spoiler for Pic:
Excellent, excellent, excellent. The next release of the BD volumes is the last and the one the extra ep ships with. Was very excited already, but this is just ... excellent.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:22   Link #232
Flower
Celestial operations....
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Dilapidated Astronomy Observatory...
Hmm ... anyone else out there seen the tv release raw that came out?

I watched it last evening and kinda enjoyed it - although they were a few things that surprised me too.

BTW Raghe ... I like the animated avy.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 00:00   Link #233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... anyone else out there seen the tv release raw that came out?

I watched it last evening and kinda enjoyed it - although they were a few things that surprised me too.

BTW Raghe ... I like the animated avy.
Haven't seen it.... just waiting for the subs
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 14:53   Link #234
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
5.5 is finally subbed. Very sweet episode by the way.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 15:45   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
5.5 is finally subbed. Very sweet episode by the way.
From this show? That's hard to believe!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 21:15   Link #236
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
5.5 is finally subbed. Very sweet episode by the way.
Just saw it myself and it truly is a great episode. It was so good in fact that it ranks pretty close to being my favorite of the season even.

Of course that there is a slight issue with it and that's Norie. I just can't stand her character and every time she opens her mouth I cringe a little. On the plus side though there's no Komachi :-)
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:35   Link #237
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Finely watch ep5.5 and every one looked so cute in there yukatas


now the long wait for season 2
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.