AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 09:41   Link #21
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Even worse than the littering itself is that many people don't regard it as a big deal.
I'm using a sweeping generalization here, but people aren't really raised in environments that create concern unless it immediately affects them. Out of sight, out of mind, basically. The reason why people complain about Singapore so much is because the government makes the issue become an immediate concern. Perhaps the consequences are harsh, but they sure do make people think twice.

People have really unbalanced ideas of keeping things clean. I find it especially ironic how terrified people in America are of germs and disease, yet there are so many places where people think the world is their garbage can. Nothing more amusing than going to a conservationist rally and seeing garbage everywhere while uninformed young people use all manner of expensive petroleum and rare earth based products most likely created in some slave wage factory by an overworked "employee".

I can understand it if you live in a country where sanitation services are questionable at best. It's absolutely inexcusable in any higher developed nation though.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:50   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
It doesnt help my view of races where i live, we have a large portion of the moble homes owned by mexicans and And black people. And 80% of them have trash and terrible lawns and home condition. If i didnt luve here in this part of florida maybe i wouldnt be...me...
Old 2012-07-06, 11:02   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It doesnt help my view of races where i live, we have a large portion of the moble homes owned by mexicans and And black people. And 80% of them have trash and terrible lawns and home condition. If i didnt luve here in this part of florida maybe i wouldnt be...me...
Which is interesting because Oregon has had an influx of latino (from Mexico and much of South America) and its actually *improved* the neighborhoods and areas they are in. Houses/yards cleaned up, more small businesses, restaurants, etc.

On littering.... my road used to only have to deal with the occasional "isn't this where we drop tires and sofas?" sorry-excuse-for-humans. Til a McDonalds went in a few miles away... guess what the sides of the road are littered with now? American Joe appears to be a slovenly pig, on average, and I'll mostly point a finger at the males.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:08   Link #24
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

If it's biodegradable, I'll toss it anywhere

Don't blame me for making so much stuff biodegradable
Old 2012-07-06, 11:11   Link #25
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
If it's biodegradable, I'll toss it anywhere
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:16   Link #26
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
There were articles about the high fines in Singapore (as posted by SaintessHeart. Urinating in lifts seems to be surprisingly cheap...) in the press here and the comments showed many people find the fines way too high for "just littering". Many even said something along the lines of Singapore being "too sterile". Being "orderly" seems to have become a stigma for some people and they feel the need to publicly distance themselves from it as to not look "lame" or old-fashioned.
Damn you. $500 can buy 125 packets of chicken rice with added rice and egg! It is alot of money!

Alternatively, you see our people don't throw their newspapers away because we have a culture of "resale" to the "karung guni" man, or self-employed, door-to-door recyclable-items collector. They see it as cash when they sell it for money, it helps supplement incomes of people of lower education levels, but now the evil waste management companies are taking away their jobs. Thank goodness the heartlanders have a "money or fuck-off" attitude when it comes to their collectors or those kids doing community projects; to the hell with them! I am not trading my waste paper for nothing more than a word of thanks.

Though I am glad for the fines though. At least people look for a trash can before they decide to dump some of their junk. Unfortunately there are still people who throw their sanitary pads down out of their high rise windows.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 12:06   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
I don't get it ._.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:31   Link #28
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I don't get it ._.
I think he's trying to convey his disbelief.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote