AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-06, 18:00   Link #41
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
sorry for you wen13 but i think a lot of person and me will disagre with your comment
1/ Ise kissed the girls touched their breast and nearly went all the way if not disturbed by others girl
2/ Ise is not much stronger in the begining but the way for him to level up is unique (power of breast) and no cliché
3/ Ise is not an average sissy shonen Mc he want to be a harem king despite his trauma and love all the girls
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:12   Link #42
Gallas500
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
sorry for you wen13 but i think a lot of person and me will disagre with your comment
1/ Ise kissed the girls touched their breast and nearly went all the way if not disturbed by others girl
2/ Ise is not much stronger in the begining but the way for him to level up is unique (power of breast) and no cliché
3/ Ise is not an average sissy shonen Mc he want to be a harem king despite his trauma and love all the girls

True fact!
Gallas500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:15   Link #43
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
will someone please translate this novel, please......
I think that this novel is better than DxD in my personal opinion. The reason i think that is because
1.unlike the MC in DxD the MC in this novel actually have some balls, issei likes girls and say that he wants to become a harem king but come on he doesn't even dare lay a finger on then, the MC actually do what he wants and when he wants
2.I like MC who are strong from the very beginning, those typical MC that appears in shounen mangas are just boring; weak at first and then gets strong and then a stronger opponent appears, MC beats the opponent and another stronger opponent appears and the cycle continues until it gets so boring like in DxD
3.this MC is cool while the DxD MC is well just shounen style average
How do you know all of this if you need translations of the novel? Just based off of the first episode of the anime? I do like this one better though for the plot.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:57   Link #44
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
will someone please translate this novel, please......
I think that this novel is better than DxD in my personal opinion. The reason i think that is because
1.unlike the MC in DxD the MC in this novel actually have some balls, issei likes girls and say that he wants to become a harem king but come on he doesn't even dare lay a finger on then, the MC actually do what he wants and when he wants
2.I like MC who are strong from the very beginning, those typical MC that appears in shounen mangas are just boring; weak at first and then gets strong and then a stronger opponent appears, MC beats the opponent and another stronger opponent appears and the cycle continues until it gets so boring like in DxD
3.this MC is cool while the DxD MC is well just shounen style average
there's so many things wrong with this post. For starters, I've read both and I can say with certainty that DxD is better.

1. It's not that Issei doesn't have balls. It's that there are TOO many girls that every girl effectively checks and balances the others. For the few times Issei has the opportunity, he realizes the situation isn't ideal because he would simply be taking advantage of a girl in a weak mindset (Rias in V2, Akeno in V7, Koneko and her sister in V11).

2. Not sure what to say with this. Issei might have been weak in the beginning, but he develops so much that he effectively outclasses his team by volume 6 or so. In some ways, this is just as good as a MC who starts off strong since the reader can relate to the MC. And further, it's not like DBZ where we can't see the limit. We know the strongest characters in DxD, it's just a question of how far Issei develops.

Also, I don't care what anyone says. Issei most proved his worth not when he became the Red Dragon Emperor, but rather in V2 in defeat during Round 1 against that Phoenix Bastard. Very, very few MC have the spirit, will, and determination to fight like that. And if you think about it, he would only lose once more in a casual match in V3 before he goes on an undefeated streak well into V12.

3. Issei is more than cool with his very *cough* unique skills and ways to power up. He's also very likeable with his strong will and amazing work ethic. Unlike Rias or some other naturally born genius, Issei had to grind for every bit of his power. The only other character in the series that deserves the same respect is the equally awesome Sairorg.

Besides, where DxD really dominates the field are the out-of-the-blue power ups and plot twists. Often times, they're so unexpected that it's both genuinely unforeseen and hilarious.

For Hagure Yussha No Aesthetica.

The MC starts off stronger because the story skips through his weak period. There was a point in time where he was weak and hopeless; however, as you're probably aware by now, the story starts AFTER the MC defeated the Maou.

Further, if we're talking about the romance aspect. Issei bonds with his girls more than the MC in Hagure does.

And finally, the fights are all nice and exciting, but plot wise, there aren't that many surprising twists. There is one that na0m mentioned in V4 and V5 (and conversely, those are the two best volumes in the series thus far), but that's about it. The rest has been relatively predictable.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:43   Link #45
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
lol, everyone jumped on wen13 for dissing DxD.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:50   Link #46
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
lol, everyone jumped on wen13 for dissing DxD.
That's because DxD is a truly unique series. When I first saw it (back in June last year), I was really hesitant on picking it up. I took a quick glance on baidu and saw "perverted", "game", and "killed by his girlfriend". I thought that this was rather stupid. But then I saw the Vali and Issei headbutt photo in V4 and decided to give it a try and it's definitely one of the top (top 3 at worst) lightnovels I've ever read. There are other good novels, but none are as unique as DxD.

Hagure is a good novel and probably in my top 10. It's one I follow, but it follows the rough "formula." It just so happens to execute that formula better than a lot of novels out there.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:02   Link #47
wen13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
there's so many things wrong with this post. For starters, I've read both and I can say with certainty that DxD is better.

1. It's not that Issei doesn't have balls. It's that there are TOO many girls that every girl effectively checks and balances the others. For the few times Issei has the opportunity, he realizes the situation isn't ideal because he would simply be taking advantage of a girl in a weak mindset (Rias in V2, Akeno in V7, Koneko and her sister in V11).

2. Not sure what to say with this. Issei might have been weak in the beginning, but he develops so much that he effectively outclasses his team by volume 6 or so. In some ways, this is just as good as a MC who starts off strong since the reader can relate to the MC. And further, it's not like DBZ where we can't see the limit. We know the strongest characters in DxD, it's just a question of how far Issei develops.

Also, I don't care what anyone says. Issei most proved his worth not when he became the Red Dragon Emperor, but rather in V2 in defeat during Round 1 against that Phoenix Bastard. Very, very few MC have the spirit, will, and determination to fight like that. And if you think about it, he would only lose once more in a casual match in V3 before he goes on an undefeated streak well into V12.

3. Issei is more than cool with his very *cough* unique skills and ways to power up. He's also very likeable with his strong will and amazing work ethic. Unlike Rias or some other naturally born genius, Issei had to grind for every bit of his power. The only other character in the series that deserves the same respect is the equally awesome Sairorg.

Besides, where DxD really dominates the field are the out-of-the-blue power ups and plot twists. Often times, they're so unexpected that it's both genuinely unforeseen and hilarious.

For Hagure Yussha No Aesthetica.

The MC starts off stronger because the story skips through his weak period. There was a point in time where he was weak and hopeless; however, as you're probably aware by now, the story starts AFTER the MC defeated the Maou.

Further, if we're talking about the romance aspect. Issei bonds with his girls more than the MC in Hagure does.

And finally, the fights are all nice and exciting, but plot wise, there aren't that many surprising twists. There is one that na0m mentioned in V4 and V5 (and conversely, those are the two best volumes in the series thus far), but that's about it. The rest has been relatively predictable.
alright i agree with you on those opinions but i still want to say

1.how many chances did issei have in the whole 12 volumes to get laid with a girl, tell me, and in all those times all he did was at most suck their tits. when i read all the translated volumes and see that, that's just sort of annoys me

2.yeah i admit that he got strong through those volumes and that there is something like an end character who is the strongest, but come on the way that he power up is just too *cough* unique. feeling tits -_-
when you say red dragon emperor, do u mean oppai dragon.....

3.yeah issei is likeable but i have to say he is very typical kind of shounen MC besides for his perverted attitudes and *cough* unique skills. The MC in this novel is more unique in my opinion in that he does what he wants without caring for others opinions and also he is also a pervert.

Now my next question to those who will read this comments....
would you rather be call a punk hero or oppai dragon?!
to those who would rather be called oppai dragon...... dude i have some serious respect for you
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:06   Link #48
wen13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
lol, everyone jumped on wen13 for dissing DxD.
and just saying this is my personal opinion so jump all you want
and i'm not dissing DxD, i like it a lot, i read it all the time when i'm bored at home, i'm just saying it's not better then Hagure Yuusha No Aeshetica....
personal opinion not a fact
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:47   Link #49
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
@wen13

First, you double posted.

Second, I was just joking. Trying to release the tension.

I can understand why there would be more appeal in a more adult/realistic/non-DxDcrazy type light novel for some people. The whole Chichiryutei thing seems a little over-the-top to me, and it annoys the hell out of me that it takes 10 volumes to confess to Rias (the sex thing is because the author isn't allowed to).

And I haven't read any of Hagure Yuusha No Aeshetica, so I don't know which I would like better. So I apologize if I made you mad or offended you.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:05   Link #50
CNine
The Crossroad
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Almost in There
Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
alright i agree with you on those opinions but i still want to say

1.how many chances did issei have in the whole 12 volumes to get laid with a girl, tell me, and in all those times all he did was at most suck their tits. when i read all the translated volumes and see that, that's just sort of annoys me

2.yeah i admit that he got strong through those volumes and that there is something like an end character who is the strongest, but come on the way that he power up is just too *cough* unique. feeling tits -_-
when you say red dragon emperor, do u mean oppai dragon.....

3.yeah issei is likeable but i have to say he is very typical kind of shounen MC besides for his perverted attitudes and *cough* unique skills. The MC in this novel is more unique in my opinion in that he does what he wants without caring for others opinions and also he is also a pervert.

Now my next question to those who will read this comments....
would you rather be call a punk hero or oppai dragon?!
to those who would rather be called oppai dragon...... dude i have some serious respect for you

1. many chances :
V2 ----> with Rias
V3 ----> with Akeno
V4 ----> Xenovia, Rias, Akeno, Gasper[man talk]
V5 ----> Akeno and Rias, ALL Harem member that time[hot spring before hell!!!]
V6 ----> Xenovia and Asia, ALL Harem member[cosplay party], JD released[birth of switch princess], three leg race with Asia.
V7 ----> date with Akeno, almost sex scene with Akeno, cudling with Rias. Chichigami contact, almost forgot Kuroka baby making proposal.
V8 -----> ..........................figure it yourself[Ise almost turn into lolicon]
V9 -----> Ise charging[Akeno, Koneko, Rias, Asia], Church Trio strike back in closet, Super saiya.......ehm imen super switch princess[Triaina awakening]
V10 ----> healiing season[Akeno, Koneko, Asia], bathing scene with Rias, Ise confessed his love.
V11 ----> Kuroka strike back, Koneko attack, Super switch princess 3
V12 ----> full of Ise delusion about sex with his armor only

2. didn't that made you feel refreshed, coz that kind of power-up never happen before

3. Ise : unpopular with normal girl[but super popular with children and certain type of girl], super weak at first[his power not his heart], typical of old MC type[weak at first but keep on getting stronger by time], Oppai maniac for sure[although he say that Oppai is just appetizer].

Akatsuki : modern type MC[strong since first appearance, cool, calm, and smart], he is not pervert he got panties stealing skill coz he live on brothel four year before the story start.


i wouldn't chose both name, since those are exclusive name for Ise and Akatsuki. i would rather get my own hero name
__________________
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:08   Link #51
wen13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
@wen13

First, you double posted.

Second, I was just joking. Trying to release the tension.

I can understand why there would be more appeal in a more adult/realistic/non-DxDcrazy type light novel for some people. The whole Chichiryutei thing seems a little over-the-top to me, and it annoys the hell out of me that it takes 10 volumes to confess to Rias (the sex thing is because the author isn't allowed to).

And I haven't read any of Hagure Yuusha No Aeshetica, so I don't know which I would like better. So I apologize if I made you mad or offended you.
alright first srry about that I'm still new at this
secondly i apologize for making you think that. It was my mistake to put my comment like that. Anybody who gets mad when listening to other people's opinions are just narrow minded people (no offense to people who are though, that just mean you have deep pride in yourself in a sense), i commented like that in the heat of the moment.

And what i have to say in DxD in what i dislike about it the most is that in each volume they give so much hope in sex and all, but in the end it is gone like that. I understand that if it happens once or twice then it just to raise the interest of the reader, but come on almost every volume is like this. it is like starting a fuse for a bomb and then splash water over it, in the first few times it gets exciting and nerve wrecking but doing it every time, even the victim will probably say "are u going to blow us up or not" and get bored of it. Of course I don't demand the sex scene in the novel like in "sword art online" but can't he at least do a, they go to bed and the next morning scene........

okay i think this is going off topic for this forum so lets end it soon.....
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:12   Link #52
CNine
The Crossroad
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Almost in There
Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
And what i have to say in DxD in what i dislike about it the most is that in each volume they give so much hope in sex and all, but in the end it is gone like that. I understand that if it happens once or twice then it just to raise the interest of the reader, but come on almost every volume is like this. it is like starting a fuse for a bomb and then splash water over it, in the first few times it gets exciting and nerve wrecking but doing it every time, even the victim will probably say "are u going to blow us up or not" and get bored of it. Of course I don't demand the sex scene in the novel like in "sword art online" but can't he at least do a, they go to bed and the next morning scene........

okay i think this is going off topic for this forum so lets end it soon.....
if the author include sex scene in the LN, then the LN will definitely got "THE END" for sure.
__________________
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:32   Link #53
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Singapore
@wen13
Lol everyone was comparing between hagure and DxD but of course both are unique in a certain way, but in future, try comparing DxD with Boku H, both are seriously ecchi
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:43   Link #54
wen13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
@wen13
Lol everyone was comparing between hagure and DxD but of course both are unique in a certain way, but in future, try comparing DxD with Boku H, both are seriously ecchi
both look the same to me. i have a feeling that one is copy of the other, just don't know which one is the copyed and which is the copy.
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:13   Link #55
alchem1st
philosopher stone power
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
the bestt LN adaptation to anime hd so far. these how harem action should follow IMO.
LEGEND !!!

Last edited by alchem1st; 2012-07-07 at 11:05.
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:33   Link #56
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post

Also, I don't care what anyone says. Issei most proved his worth not when he became the Red Dragon Emperor, but rather in V2 in defeat during Round 1 against that Phoenix Bastard. Very, very few MC have the spirit, will, and determination to fight like that. And if you think about it, he would only lose once more in a casual match in V3 before he goes on an undefeated streak well into V12.
Actually this trait is pretty normal to every known harem MC or every good MC.

And I think DxD isn't that unique. Though I like the art of the novel for it but story wise, character development wise or plot wise (though like the idea of turning that ageless dragon into loli dragon) . Not that unique. Its just good for me.

Their is not translation for Hagure so I can't say but the episode 1 prove that he is badass MC and his already strong so he got confidence on his skill. He reminds me a LOT of Rakan. I wonder if his as broken as him.

Story wise and setting wise. Setting for a hero that return from other world after becoming a hero is unique for me. I haven't encounter this type yet where one the story starts after the great struggle because usually the story starts when one gets summoned and not when you get back. But perverted hero wise good but average for me.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:35   Link #57
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
so... how many girls does the MC have?
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 08:27   Link #58
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Simple background of the story before the actual plotline

Spoiler for Open only if you want to be spoiled......Dont blame me if you get spoiled too much for it:
__________________

Last edited by n0m@n; 2012-07-07 at 09:15.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 08:52   Link #59
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
^ um... dude. You just spoiled the one plot twist in the whole story.

Quote:
Actually this trait is pretty normal to every known harem MC or every good MC.

And I think DxD isn't that unique. Though I like the art of the novel for it but story wise, character development wise or plot wise (though like the idea of turning that ageless dragon into loli dragon) . Not that unique. Its just good for me.

Their is not translation for Hagure so I can't say but the episode 1 prove that he is badass MC and his already strong so he got confidence on his skill. He reminds me a LOT of Rakan. I wonder if his as broken as him.

Story wise and setting wise. Setting for a hero that return from other world after becoming a hero is unique for me. I haven't encounter this type yet where one the story starts after the great struggle because usually the story starts when one gets summoned and not when you get back. But perverted hero wise good but average for me.
Not really. Are there good harem MC's who fight and stand up for their loved ones? Sure. But very few actually sacrifice that much for the heroine. That or the MC is already too powerful to begin with, so the reader can't see how the MC would react in a desperate situation. Having looked over my light novel library, I would probably only say that there is one only other MC that has guts on par with Issei and several that are respectable.

I'm not really sure. Part of the reason why DxD attracted a wave of people was because of it's unique ways of powering up. There has not been a single series I've read since or before that is the same. You may argue that the progression of the greater story is relatively normal; however, the specific plot progression and crucial events in each volume is truly unique. Dress Breaker, Bilingual, Tits God, Powering Up by Poking, Powering Up because of Extreme Lusts, Random Summons, Ruining the reputation of the Red Dragon Emperor. All of those (or similar events)... are not things you find in any other series.

Well, if you want a badass MC, you're in the right place. However, if you're talking "generic" plot, Hagure would be more of the same. More so than DxD, it follows the formula with a rough ending in sight. The reason I happen to really like Hagure is because it executes the formula better than a lot of other series.

Last edited by whsie; 2012-07-07 at 09:04.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 09:01   Link #60
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Lol I trolled since there was a debate on DxD vs Hagure while people don't know the plot. We need to give them information to make it more interesting.


Though I think people living in the western-country and those who loves RPG would prefer Hagure over DxD I think. Though I like DxD better, but it depends on people tastes I guess.



EDIT: Just added the spoiler tag so the mods wont kill me for it.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.