AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-12-27, 08:36   Link #1
Liquidus
╞╩╗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Shadow of the Colossus

Awesome awesome game. Anyone who hasn't played it, try it out. Even if your just going to rent it (although I recommend buying this gem) just play it. One of the best games I've played in a while. Very little story, very little items, very little to do, but what is there is pure genious. It's not perfect, but a classic nonetheless.
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 12:23   Link #2
mxg
The Lone Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A changed place
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Everyone knows how cool it is already the thread I created on it before the FOrum crash was destroyed. I am still trying to get enough white lizard tales to climb the side of the temple.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 13:59   Link #3
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Denmark
Ohhh I want to play this game so bad mates.

Unfortunately it won't be released in Europe until Febuary. But the good news is that Ico(it's spirtual predessesor) will be re-released after having become very rare most places. You mates should defintely check out Ico aswell. It's so amazing.

One of the first game I would classify as "art".
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 22:04   Link #4
Liquidus
╞╩╗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
Everyone knows how cool it is already the thread I created on it before the FOrum crash was destroyed. I am still trying to get enough white lizard tales to climb the side of the temple.
Heh, I don't come to the forums too often, so I didn't see that thead . But I did a search and didn't find anything, so I thought I'd post it. I didn't even know there was a forum crash .






-I'm trying to get enough enough strength too. The strength and health tranfers over to the new game if you use loaded data from the end of the game, so I'll probably end up beating the game like 4 times to get up there. The strength bonuses from the colossi should be more then enough after that.
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 22:26   Link #5
mxg
The Lone Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A changed place
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus
Heh, I don't come to the forums too often, so I didn't see that thead . But I did a search and didn't find anything, so I thought I'd post it. I didn't even know there was a forum crash .






-I'm trying to get enough enough strength too. The strength and health tranfers over to the new game if you use loaded data from the end of the game, so I'll probably end up beating the game like 4 times to get up there. The strength bonuses from the colossi should be more then enough after that.
Oh I thougfht you knew becuase you were always making sure the Playstation brand was not tarnished in the versus threads.

And you could play over the game 4 times if you really like it but their is away to get the max Grip bar on your 1st playthrough but it takes some effort all you have to do is EXPLORE you can find alot of fruit trees and white tailed lizards. And here is a Tip if you did not notice or figure it out yet thier are white tale lizardss at every save point.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 23:02   Link #6
Cueil
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
does it have the shaky tecture effect... allot of PS2 games have that and it makes my eyes hurt like hell... games that don't are MGS3 and most of God of War... some of it is pretty bad to though
I'm thinking about renting it... but I don't know from waht Tycho said about it... it makes me not want to play it.
Cueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 23:34   Link #7
mxg
The Lone Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A changed place
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueil
does it have the shaky tecture effect... allot of PS2 games have that and it makes my eyes hurt like hell... games that don't are MGS3 and most of God of War... some of it is pretty bad to though
I'm thinking about renting it... but I don't know from waht Tycho said about it... it makes me not want to play it.
No it does not have that effect and that effect is not a deficency in the PS2 it is made as graphical effect. But Shadow Of The Colossus is an experience you are sure not to have on another console. Go look for the review on www.gamespot.com or download the video review and I am sure you will be interested, you can rent it but I think this is worth a buy.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:00   Link #8
Liquidus
╞╩╗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
Oh I thougfht you knew becuase you were always making sure the Playstation brand was not tarnished in the versus threads.

And you could play over the game 4 times if you really like it but their is away to get the max Grip bar on your 1st playthrough but it takes some effort all you have to do is EXPLORE you can find alot of fruit trees and white tailed lizards. And here is a Tip if you did not notice or figure it out yet thier are white tale lizardss at every save point.
Heh, yeah I was on those threads a while back, but I don't really check back too often. I hardly come to the forums unless I post something.

Yeah I noticed the white-tailed lizards (though not on my first playthrough, skipped over them completely), but they don't give much extra stanima. I've gotten like 12 on hard mode (if that has anything to do with it) and my stanima meter hasn't grown much, maybe a 2-3 mm in radius. The fruits on the other hand give you quite a bit of health (my health bar is over 2/3 of the screen). I definitely would play it 4 times =P.
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 23:26   Link #9
Cueil
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
that's a crappy graphical effect... what is it called... Make Eyes Explode Texture Effect? Well I'll rent it then since everyone thinks of it so highly... I'll post here when I do... about how I feel about it
Cueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 00:26   Link #10
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I played this game a while back. The story is original and the graphic could be better, but a good game nonetheless. The only thing I'm complain about is that I can beat the game in 4hrs on hard mode....

Also, for the people have been up to the graden. What ALL is up there besides the furits that make your health go down....? I haven't been up there yet, because for something reason. The Grip is at is limit and I'm on the right wall, so how come I can't get up there...? Can someone answer? Thanks.
EnseiSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 02:17   Link #11
Cueil
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
who was the developer for that game? was it in house?
Cueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 14:53   Link #12
Dark`
The Terror of Death
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Land of igloos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueil
who was the developer for that game? was it in house?
If by that game you mean this game (Shadow of the Colossus), then yes. It was developed by SCEI.
__________________
[14:22] <~lucifer> Dark` has to stay around to QC Genshiken s2
[14:22] <~lucifer> since you guys won't
[14:22] <~lucifer> So he gets the blessing of "Least Faggoty".
[14:22] <@Dark`> =D
[14:22] <~lucifer> Then after I finish Genshiken S2 dvd rips, he's free game.
[14:22] <~lucifer> (Read: Canada's getting blown up.)
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 15:35   Link #13
Zappster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^ Just to add to that. It was also made by the same people responsible for ICO. I refer to them as the ICO team constantly on another forum. I've enjoyed both the games they have released and I can't wait to see what they come up with for the next gen.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 06:35   Link #14
Liquidus
╞╩╗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnseiSong
Also, for the people have been up to the graden. What ALL is up there besides the furits that make your health go down....? I haven't been up there yet, because for something reason. The Grip is at is limit and I'm on the right wall, so how come I can't get up there...? Can someone answer? Thanks.
From what I've heard: Spoilers!

Spoiler:
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 20:10   Link #15
Tzurial
in silent opposition
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: oh...I've been there
Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
I finished this game recently and it was not just a good game but has somehow become a deeply personal experience for me. I was so moved by its overwhelming aesthetic sensitivity that I was in tears by the end of it. ...I think I'm starting to sound like a sentimental geek but it's just that I am influenced very strongly by beautiful things. Whether it's art, music, the shape of trees or even people who sing softly to themselves as they walk behind me. To find these things in video games makes me happy

Spoiler for the ending of SotC and ICO:


A small detail of this game (and also ICO) that I appreciated was that they used made up languages. I think american voice actors can ruin any good dialogue scene.. infact I hate them to the point where I will scoff out loud like a jerk!

Also, I recently got the OST and though it's very beautiful, it seems to have a lot more songs then I can remember from the game. :< The next time I play I will have to pay more attention!
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:42   Link #16
ECFNW
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Malaysia
Age: 36
My favorite game of 2005.
A must-play gaming experiance for those of you who haven't played it yet.
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 01:03   Link #17
Lumiliun
L
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 24
I want to play it so badly and I have already bought it, but it's being sent to me by mail, so I have to wait a few days.....
And it's driving me nuts! I hate waiting!
soooo booooreed.....
What to do? ...What to dooo.....
Lumiliun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 04:27   Link #18
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
this game definately looks interesting, i havnt played the first one yet either. something to do over winter break perhaps.
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 10:23   Link #19
Lumiliun
L
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 24
Yay! I got the game yesterday! It's really great! ...but I kinda hoped it to last more than one day... It was so easy, I allready finnished playing it... Oh well, I'll just have to try on hard mode....
Lumiliun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 09:22   Link #20
shiky0
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Definitely one of the masterpieces in the PS2. I'm on the 12thCollusus.
shiky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.