AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2003-12-14, 05:04   Link #1
molle

How big is the manga format?

I wonder how you get the exact size of a mangapage, and how large the frames are? Is it easy to get from a A4? And do mangaartists draw their pages in the same format as we reader read them or larger?
Old 2003-12-16, 08:03   Link #2
Manga Maniac
Youre under my commaand

Send a message via AIM to Manga Maniac Send a message via MSN to Manga Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by molle
I wonder how you get the exact size of a mangapage, and how large the frames are? Is it easy to get from a A4? And do mangaartists draw their pages in the same format as we reader read them or larger?
actually it variates. But usually they use a paper size that is twice as big as the page of the magazine. Since they can work easier that way and also gives them the oppertunity to make "one in two pictures" (basicaly its a pic that extends over two pages). Also, when they are going for a hyper detailed picture they usually go for an a3 paper and then shrink it down using a scanner and a computer ^_^.

No im not a manga artist but im learning. Also i asked the same questions to Baron Yoshimoto(a former asociate to Akira Toryama) when he visited sweden
Old 2003-12-16, 08:07   Link #3
molle

kool! thx for the info, but how large are those magazinepages? they are smaller than half the size of a A4 but I don't know the exact numbers, oh well, perhaps that isn't so important if everything is resized afterwards.
Old 2003-12-16, 08:12   Link #4
Manga Maniac
Youre under my commaand

Send a message via AIM to Manga Maniac Send a message via MSN to Manga Maniac
Well it depends on how big your planning on the magazine to be. Some magazines are as big as a news paper (seen 1 of those man its huge ) but they can be small as a pocket. Go after your own taste is the only thing i can say since maybe you feel more comfortable on making magazines in a4 format ^_^