AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-07, 15:43   Link #41
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Agreed, except for Sachi. It's really going to depend on how they adapt that particular story.
Yeah, now I remembered. Sachi's story will probably be 2 episodes long in the anime.
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:50   Link #42
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I think you guys are thinking about the wrong thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I certainly don't recall anything in the novel that gets "neutralized" by adapting the story in a chronological order.
Novel thread post.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:58   Link #43
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think you guys are thinking about the wrong thing....

Novel thread post.
I see, we'll just have to agree to disagree then, for me there is no inherent value in how early or late something happens in a story, as long as it's where it should be. For example, the battle at Helm's Deep doesn't become more awesome if it happened earlier in the movie or the book.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:05   Link #44
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I see, we'll just have to agree to disagree then, for me there is no inherent value in how early or late something happens in a story, as long as it's where it should be. For example, the battle at Helm's Deep doesn't become more awesome if it happened earlier in the movie or the book.
Erm, that's apples and oranges. Very different apples and oranges....
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:24   Link #45
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Erm, that's apples and oranges. Very different apples and oranges....
eh, i don't want to fall into the spoiler territory, so I'm refraining from any example that would hint at what we're talking about here. I do believe that example gets my point across, which again is that there is no inherent value in how early or late something happens in a story, which as far as I can see is what you're arguing for - that "xxxxx" is better because it happened earlier in the novel as you read it due to the way the novel is structured, which is something that a chronological adaptation change, even though it does not change when it actually took place in the story itself.

In other words, what you're saying is that "xxxxx" is better simply because it's shown in episode 3 instead of 9.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:04   Link #46
Somnus
Eh?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
There are no words to describe how much I want to see the episode(s) covering chapters 16-19. No words.
__________________
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:10   Link #47
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
There are no words to describe how much I want to see the episode(s) covering chapters 16-19. No words.
Does that also include the "infamous" 16.5 chapter? ...First time I read that I was...whatever.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:13   Link #48
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Does that also include the "infamous" 16.5 chapter? ...First time I read that I was...whatever.
As much as I know some people (myself included) would love that, it's not going to happen. At best, it'll probably be insinuated that it happened, but nothing more than that. Unless.. we get a sexy OVA sometime after season 1 ends.. that could also work..
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:19   Link #49
Somnus
Eh?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Does that also include the "infamous" 16.5 chapter? ...First time I read that I was...whatever.
Honestly, I was overjoyed they had that kind of development at all. But no, I don't expect it (and part of me doesn't want it). Why? Simply put, this relationship doesn't need it to be explicitly shown (or implied) for it to be as great as it is. I wouldn't mind an implied "fade to black" though.

Back on point, I just really, really like those chapters. (The romance buff in me couldn't get enough). Though I would love for it to cover 2 episodes, I can see it being put into 1 if they plan on getting up to Vol. 4.
__________________
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:23   Link #50
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Back on point, I just really, really like those chapters. (The romance buff in me couldn't get enough). Though I would love for it to cover 2 episodes, I can see it being put into 1 if they plan on getting up to Vol. 4.
2 episodes would indeed be ideal; 1 episode seems way, way too short for such an important development (but maybe that's just the romance buff in me talking).

And yeah, since Lyfa has a VA, it's almost a given that they plan on animating up to volume 4.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:28   Link #51
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
I know what you're saying, and for me as long as they keep the sweet and deliciously awesomeness of Kirito and Asuna's relationship pure and intact, I can be content with that. I myself don't really see the need to add the 16.5 scenario in the anime just to show the bond between them because we, myself included, have read and grown to love them as a pair.

I'm a huge Asuna x Kirito fan because it's a pairing I truly care about and support 100% and I hope that the anime somehow manages to balance both the action and romance without so much as slowing down the pace of the story. A few anime have done this, and I hope SAO doesn't go that route.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:32   Link #52
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
I'm pretty sure they will keep it as it was in the L/Ns. At least, I hope they will. I'd sorely disappointed (as well as many others, I imagine) if they were to alter/change/ruin it.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:35   Link #53
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Me too, I really have high hopes for this anime since this is my favourite LN series in general. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Reki-sensei is monitoring the series and making sure it stays pure and faithful.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:49   Link #54
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
2 episodes would indeed be ideal; 1 episode seems way, way too short for such an important development (but maybe that's just the romance buff in me talking).

And yeah, since Lyfa has a VA, it's almost a given that they plan on animating up to volume 4.
Possibly even three? Don't forget that there's even more content after volume 1 with several SS's discussing the two weeks they took a break from the guild They still have to have their "child"
__________________
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:52   Link #55
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Possibly even three? Don't forget that there's even more content after volume 1 with several SS's discussing the two weeks they took a break from the guild They still have to have their "child"
Yeah. I'm just worried that if they dedicate too many episodes to covering those chapters, some people might get bored with how happy and peaceful everything is.

I see it now! 'Eugh. How boring. Did they forget they're stuck in a MMO where death there equates to death in real life? How can they just be so happy?' Let's hope this quote remains a joke.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:15   Link #56
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yeah. I'm just worried that if they dedicate too many episodes to covering those chapters, some people might get bored with how happy and peaceful everything is.

I see it now! 'Eugh. How boring. Did they forget they're stuck in a MMO where death there equates to death in real life? How can they just be so happy?' Let's hope this quote remains a joke.
I can see them spending 2 episodes on it, but not much more. When you consider how much material there needs to be covered, especially if they are going to do ALO as well, you simply can't afford to use a whole 1/4 of a cour on so few chapters.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:26   Link #57
Doria
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Two seems about right. I mean, the fishing part can take one alone, and that adds a bit of action into it.

So far, pacing feels right (as much as can be told from one episode), so I'll be cautiously optimistic. No reason they can't cover 4 vols. A lot of stuff in vol 1 was exposition that will be done merely by having animation to show stuff rather than words to describe it.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:30   Link #58
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I wonder how we'll see Liz's story. Since we're going chronologically that would be months before he revealed the existence of dual blades at the 74th floor boss fight. So will the anime skip showing Kirito dual blades there?
__________________
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:36   Link #59
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Well considering that she made a cameo appearance near the end of episode 1, it's a safe to say that chances of seeing will be sooner than we think. I wonder if they're going to do their meetings in flashbacks, or combine the ties in from volume 2 since it pretty much follows volume 1 but what done in sequences ie months and years they were stuck in Aincrad in steps.

That's just my theory, since why give volume 2 chapters cameo appearance since they don't have any relevance to volume 1 if you minus the side-story tie ins from volume 2.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:39   Link #60
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I wonder how we'll see Liz's story. Since we're going chronologically that would be months before he revealed the existence of dual blades at the 74th floor boss fight. So will the anime skip showing Kirito dual blades there?
Yeah, probably.

Hmm. So far, we know that they're not adapating the 'First Day' side story and instead are going are adapting the 'Aria in the Starless Night' side story. Maybe it was considered too much of a filler?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.