AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 100 43.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 26.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.30%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-08, 11:08   Link #301
maelstormCaT
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Anyway, for my review of the episode.

OMG It is awesome! Exactly as I imagined it and more.
A near perfect transition from VN to anime. This episode cover V1 chapter 1-3 very nicely. The scene with Cline is good as to set the setting and to explain the game system. The scene with the GM is also exactly like the light novel. Very well done!

The next episode tittle is 'Beater', which I'm assuming will jump to one of the side stories, 'Aria in the Starless Sky'. I'm looking forward to that episode.

Spoiler for Spoiler:


I also like the OP. 'Crossing Fields' by LISA. Not only the song is good, the opening itself is awesome. Showcasing the major characters nicely and even giving glimpse of other character of note. And the way it ended... with Kirito and Asuna taking down a big monster in perfect sync! Watching the monster burst into dozens of pixels as the two sheathed their sword is just too awesome! And this is good! Because what set aside SOA as a light novel is the realistic human interaction, daily life in a dark gritty setting, and EPIC awesome feats!

And speaking of awesome, I like what they did for the 'Sword Skill'. Since the game have no magic in it, a slight flash of light and colourful trail is what they did to indicate that the player execute a sword skill. I can't wait till they animate 'Starburst Stream' sword skill.

Can't wait for the next episode. Why is it not next week yet?
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:13   Link #302
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
wait, this game does not allow me to use a muscular berserker or a pretty elf? instead have to use my real appearance? not interested...

anyway a nice eps 1, feels like that genius game master is using these 10k+ players as hostage
__________________
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:15   Link #303
king12354
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
So I suppose no one has time to take a headset apart and study it because apparently it's riskier to try and dismantle a piece of electronic gaming gear than leave the players to their own devices in a game to the death.

And also, it was already stated that by forcibly removing the helmet in beta, the player would disconnect and log off. He or she wouldn't be lost wandering in the virtual world.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:21   Link #304
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
So I suppose no one has time to take a headset apart and study it because apparently it's riskier to try and dismantle a piece of electronic gaming gear than leave the players to their own devices in a game to the death.

And also, it was already stated that by forcibly removing the helmet in beta, the player would disconnect and log off. He or she wouldn't be lost wandering in the virtual world.
I'd say they have a better chance of surviving by beating the game then by someone managing to dismantle the helmet. Especially considering the fact that we've been told that tinkering with the helmet will result in the death of the player who's wearing it.

But this isn't the beta; it's the full release.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:23   Link #305
lansglenn
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
To people trying to find plot holes: Roll with the punches, or drop the show.

If you keep trying you'll eventually find that the technology will require some magical component to make everything work out.

Then you'll have to figure out how magic can work in the real world.
__________________
lansglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:26   Link #306
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
The story really reminds me of .hack//sign....but I definitely think SAO is going to be a lot better. The first twelve eps of the former were painfully sloooooow.
But .Hack//Sign was just the intro for the games story... specially Kite's and the PK Sora's who happens to be Haso the PKK in the later series .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
I heard diablo('s) have mode where your character will be deleted if you die, not sure as I have never played those games.
Thats true ;____;
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:34   Link #307
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
To people trying to find plot holes: Roll with the punches, or drop the show.

If you keep trying you'll eventually find that the technology will require some magical component to make everything work out.

Then you'll have to figure out how magic can work in the real world.
yup, and this pretty much goes for most works of fiction.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:36   Link #308
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Late to the Episode 1 party (and WOW is this thread moving fast!)

I came to this show fairly blind, I didn't know much about it other than a short synopsis I read in the Upcoming Series thread. I have to say I like the premise a lot. The Creator is a walking dead man. He has a lot of deaths to answer for.

I noticed the boars and the wolf didn't leave any drops. I wonder if this is the norm with the game, or if this is the type of game where only a few of the mobs leave drops. Sorry if this was discussed before, as I said this thread is moving pretty fast.

I'm hooked!

Endless "Teriyaki and Mayo Pizza!" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:38   Link #309
Hmm....
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
So I suppose no one has time to take a headset apart and study it because apparently it's riskier to try and dismantle a piece of electronic gaming gear than leave the players to their own devices in a game to the death.

And also, it was already stated that by forcibly removing the helmet in beta, the player would disconnect and log off. He or she wouldn't be lost wandering in the virtual world.
Like I said, the story strictly follow Kirito POV. So the best he can do is guess.
"What happen outside", "What is government doing", "Why can't they just forcibly take the whole server down"
Hell, He doesn't even have a way to confirm if what Kayaba said about player's death is true.
All he knows is when player's avartar HP reach zero. they disappear. And never ever respawn.
Did they die for real ? or is this Kayaba bad joke and all dead players just logout safely.
As long as he remain in the game he won't find out.


If you are a SAO player and you want to try, be my guest.
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:40   Link #310
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
i greatly enjoyed .hack, and i'm greatly enjoying this. if they ever made a game like this in real life, i would totally play it. but i can't help but notice how much this show will appeal to NEETs. haha.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:44   Link #311
maelstormCaT
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Late to the Episode 1 party (and WOW is this thread moving fast!)

I noticed the boars and the wolf didn't leave any drops. I wonder if this is the norm with the game, or if this is the type of game where only a few of the mobs leave drops. Sorry if this was discussed before, as I said this thread is moving pretty fast.

I'm hooked!

Endless "Teriyaki and Mayo Pizza!" Soul
The loot drop in the game instantly move to the player's inventory, so player don't have to spend time picking up stuff from the ground.
Case of items dropping on the ground does occurs, but those only happens upon player's death, where other players can then pick them up for them self.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:46   Link #312
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Maelstrom, and a few others, mind the spoilers. All spoiler discussion should go in the Novel threads.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:53   Link #313
maelstormCaT
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I put spoilers in spoiler tags didn't I?
my bad if I miss something...?
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:56   Link #314
j4c06
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Can it be possible that Kayaba is simply trolling them and there is no killing option in the headset, but since there is no way to tell from inside the game they are trapped in it by their own fear? I mean, what was his proof, some news footage? It can just as well be fake...
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:58   Link #315
maelstormCaT
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Can it be possible that Kayaba is simply trolling them and there is no killing option in the headset, but since there is no way to tell from inside the game they are trapped in it by their own fear? I mean, what was his proof, some news footage? It can just as well be fake...
If you're a player, would you care to test that theory?
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:59   Link #316
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Please do! It'll be epic. And I think we might need a SAO Fanfiction thread.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm rolling a specific idea in my mind right now, and there's a decent shot I'll give it a try at some point.

SAO does have one of the best series concepts I've seen, that's for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Even without spoilers, wouldn't you assume the government's first priority would be locating the players and giving them proper medical attention?
I'll admit that I badly braincramped and forgot about IV tubes for a minute.

Once Xacual made the important reveal (thanks, Xacual, I'm glad for it), my mind then immediately went to IV tubes. Yeah, that works.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:59   Link #317
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
This was the one title I looked forward to this season. So far, I am keen for more. Background art was rather nice, character art a lot better than those sub-standard January season adaptations that still sold despite haping below par visuals, music was good, theme at the end was decent. Kirito's social issues should make for some intriguing moments in the future. But seriously hoping Asuna and battles will be happening in Ep2.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:02   Link #318
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I'd say they have a better chance of surviving by beating the game then by someone managing to dismantle the helmet. Especially considering the fact that we've been told that tinkering with the helmet will result in the death of the player who's wearing it.

But this isn't the beta; it's the full release.
That would make sense if Nervegear was a SAO-unique device.

However, as we've seen from the episode itself, SAO itself was just a software for the already existing Nervegear console.

Which means that there's actually hundreds of thousands of 'those brain-frying helmets' out there at retail for tinkering and dismantling.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:03   Link #319
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
Anyway, for my review of the episode.

OMG It is awesome! Exactly as I imagined it and more.
A near perfect transition from VN to anime. This episode cover V1 chapter 1-3 very nicely. The scene with Cline is good as to set the setting and to explain the game system. The scene with the GM is also exactly like the light novel. Very well done!

The next episode tittle is 'Beater', which I'm assuming will jump to one of the side stories, 'Aria in the Starless Sky'. I'm looking forward to that episode.

Spoiler for Spoiler:


I also like the OP. 'Crossing Fields' by LISA. Not only the song is good, the opening itself is awesome. Showcasing the major characters nicely and even giving glimpse of other character of note. And the way it ended... with Kirito and Asuna taking down a big monster in perfect sync! Watching the monster burst into dozens of pixels as the two sheathed their sword is just too awesome! And this is good! Because what set aside SOA as a light novel is the realistic human interaction, daily life in a dark gritty setting, and EPIC awesome feats!

And speaking of awesome, I like what they did for the 'Sword Skill'. Since the game have no magic in it, a slight flash of light and colourful trail is what they did to indicate that the player execute a sword skill. I can't wait till they animate 'Starburst Stream' sword skill.

Can't wait for the next episode. Why is it not next week yet?
It might be from Sachi's side story cause that will be the first time kirito will accept that Title cause of what he did
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:08   Link #320
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
I put spoilers in spoiler tags didn't I?
my bad if I miss something...?
Tags or not, don't discuss novel spoilers in anime threads.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sci-fi, shonen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.